Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Maclean. again 09:03 - Jul 20 with 27033 viewsperchrockjack

Any justification for this?

Any response apart from the obvious posters.

He seems simply top be uncomfortable earning his salary where he does so there s a clear alternative for him to consider

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/james-mcclean-warned-west-brom-60979

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

James Maclean. again on 19:21 - Jul 20 with 2417 viewsexiledclaseboy

I love it when we get into NI on here. So much passion, so many apparent vested interests and probably not an Irishman or woman among us. MacLean's entitled to his view, whether some of us find it distasteful or not. It may make him a hypocrite, but he's far from alone in that.

Isn't nationalism of all kinds ultimately ugly?

Poll: Tory leader

James Maclean. again on 19:30 - Jul 20 with 2395 viewssnork44

James Maclean. again on 19:21 - Jul 20 by exiledclaseboy

I love it when we get into NI on here. So much passion, so many apparent vested interests and probably not an Irishman or woman among us. MacLean's entitled to his view, whether some of us find it distasteful or not. It may make him a hypocrite, but he's far from alone in that.

I agree with you, but let's be honest MacLean is just again acting like an attention seeking knob. If you live in a foreign country at least have the courtesy to respect the country you live in or the people you live with. I live in the United States and I respect the flag and the Anthem of this country. I may not sing the Anthem, but I do stand when it is played.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

James Maclean. again on 19:32 - Jul 20 with 2394 viewstrampie

James Maclean. again on 19:16 - Jul 20 by Groo

It was split because the majority of the Northern Irish in 1920 were unionists and would not support a united Ireland

Which of course happens in trouble spots across the World, the age old question is, is that ok ?

Immigrants being in the majority in certain areas, often not in a country as a whole, it could happen in areas in England where Immigrants and descendants of Immigrants that might have a different religion, culture, language, way of life etc become the majority.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

James Maclean. again on 19:41 - Jul 20 with 2378 viewstrampie

James Maclean. again on 19:30 - Jul 20 by snork44

I agree with you, but let's be honest MacLean is just again acting like an attention seeking knob. If you live in a foreign country at least have the courtesy to respect the country you live in or the people you live with. I live in the United States and I respect the flag and the Anthem of this country. I may not sing the Anthem, but I do stand when it is played.

He was born and brought up in the UK (according to the powers that be) and lives in the UK.
As regards America it was British was it not (large parts of it anyway) and the subjects disrespected the old country and the crown, one consistent way of looking at it is MacLean and the American colonialists were very similar in some respects as regards their attitude to Britain.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

James Maclean. again on 19:52 - Jul 20 with 2348 viewsGroo

James Maclean. again on 19:32 - Jul 20 by trampie

Which of course happens in trouble spots across the World, the age old question is, is that ok ?

Immigrants being in the majority in certain areas, often not in a country as a whole, it could happen in areas in England where Immigrants and descendants of Immigrants that might have a different religion, culture, language, way of life etc become the majority.

Who knows what the future may bring.

The whole of the British Isles (and yes Ireland is part of that) has been subjugated at some point or the other, Ireland has suffered since Henry II, when Ireland was split into many small kingdoms and one king who was pushed out, fled to Britain, married off his daughter to a lord in Pembrokeshire and took aid from Henry II to get his lands back.

Or Henry VIII and Elizabeth, who had to fight rebellions there started by Catholic pretenders supported from Spain.

Williams of Orange and his wars in Ireland, he was actually fighting the deposed James II.

The Irish gentry pushed out in 1700's and 1800's to make way for English absentee landlords and the rise of Industry and Protestant landowners in the North.

It's all history and the people who live where they do have no power to make it as it was.

The fact was that in 1920 the Northern section was a Protestant area and the mainly agricultural South Catholic. They did not want to be part of the new Ireland, your answer would have been to force them, great.

Groo does what Groo does best

James Maclean. again on 20:03 - Jul 20 with 2317 viewslondonlisa2001

He was born in the UK, brought up in the UK, of UK parents, hates the UK and what it stands for, disrespects the flag of the UK and has openly supported past terrorist attacks on the UK.

Good job he's not brown isn't it.
James Maclean. again on 20:07 - Jul 20 with 2311 viewsexiledclaseboy

James Maclean. again on 20:03 - Jul 20 by londonlisa2001

He was born in the UK, brought up in the UK, of UK parents, hates the UK and what it stands for, disrespects the flag of the UK and has openly supported past terrorist attacks on the UK.

Oof. Bloody good point.

Poll: Tory leader

James Maclean. again on 20:10 - Jul 20 with 2301 viewsyescomeon

James Maclean. again on 19:52 - Jul 20 by Groo

Who knows what the future may bring.

The whole of the British Isles (and yes Ireland is part of that) has been subjugated at some point or the other, Ireland has suffered since Henry II, when Ireland was split into many small kingdoms and one king who was pushed out, fled to Britain, married off his daughter to a lord in Pembrokeshire and took aid from Henry II to get his lands back.

Or Henry VIII and Elizabeth, who had to fight rebellions there started by Catholic pretenders supported from Spain.

Williams of Orange and his wars in Ireland, he was actually fighting the deposed James II.

The Irish gentry pushed out in 1700's and 1800's to make way for English absentee landlords and the rise of Industry and Protestant landowners in the North.

It's all history and the people who live where they do have no power to make it as it was.

The fact was that in 1920 the Northern section was a Protestant area and the mainly agricultural South Catholic. They did not want to be part of the new Ireland, your answer would have been to force them, great.

I know the north wanted to remain under British rule but so did the majority in the south until the execution of those involved in the Easter uprising. I think things would have worked out better if Ireland was unified and I base that more or less on the thinking that it couldn't really have gone any worse and not much more.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

James Maclean. again on 20:14 - Jul 20 with 2290 viewslondonlisa2001

James Maclean. again on 20:07 - Jul 20 by exiledclaseboy

Oof. Bloody good point.

I'm looking forward to reading all the messages of support and understanding from the anti English nationalists on here the next time one of those pesky Moslems tries something on.
James Maclean. again on 20:37 - Jul 20 with 2244 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I wonder why England always get the blame for any trouble in NI. It was mass migration between Scotland and NI which led to a large protestant population in NI and likewise a large Catholic population in Glasgow, who still don't like each other. The Orange order and the Catholics just hate each other on Scotland and NI.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

James Maclean. again on 20:55 - Jul 20 with 2209 viewsNeath_Jack

Bald men arguing over a couple of combs.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

James Maclean. again on 21:03 - Jul 20 with 2182 viewstrampie

More like two ugly women arguing over a loaf of bread in a supermarket because its just started to snow.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2015 21:05]

James Maclean. again on 22:26 - Jul 20 with 2084 viewswaynekerr55

Or living in the 1970s / 80s before 'brown' people were a threat to 'freedom' and 'democracy' 😨

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

James Maclean. again on 22:44 - Jul 20 with 2060 viewsKilkennyjack

Well wiki says he was born in Derry in 1989. First played for sunderland in 2011.

His actions were should have followed our welsh players in Team GB where Bellers, joey, Taylor and captain Giggs all showed quiet respect - but did not sing it. That reflects the fact that its the anthem of the England national team of course.

By way - when the americans declared their freedom from the british crown the famous declaration of independence was signed by 56 people of which 16 were welsh - and the largest ethnic group.

Perch - i hope you get the help you need.

Beware of the Risen People

James Maclean. again on 22:51 - Jul 20 with 2048 viewslondonlisa2001

James Maclean. again on 22:44 - Jul 20 by Kilkennyjack

Well wiki says he was born in Derry in 1989. First played for sunderland in 2011.

His actions were should have followed our welsh players in Team GB where Bellers, joey, Taylor and captain Giggs all showed quiet respect - but did not sing it. That reflects the fact that its the anthem of the England national team of course.

By way - when the americans declared their freedom from the british crown the famous declaration of independence was signed by 56 people of which 16 were welsh - and the largest ethnic group.

Perch - i hope you get the help you need.

Whether you like it or not, Derry or Londonderry according to preference is in the UK, therefore, my point stands.

I personally believe that people should show respect to any anthem - if he views it as 'foreign' then fine - don't sing it. I don't sing it.
James Maclean. again on 23:19 - Jul 20 with 2012 viewsAquinas

I have no problem with him turning away from the flag. But i'd probably get annoyed if Abu Hamza played for WBA and turned away from the flag because i'm a bit of a hypocrite.
James Maclean. again on 23:20 - Jul 20 with 2012 viewstrampie

GSTQ and the union jack does not represent lots of Welsh people, lots of Welsh will never sing GSTQ or wave the union jack.

James Maclean. again on 23:59 - Jul 20 with 1983 viewsScoobyWho

James Maclean. again on 09:24 - Jul 20 by Darran

He's no more pathetic than most Nats,none of them mind milking off the country they hate.

Thing is he is a sympathiser of the IRA - who killed over 100 Welshmen serving in the UK armed forces over some 35 years. If this situation continues to offer Mcalean challenging political thoughts he should maybe rethink where he earns his thousands of pounds every week.

I can see this causing him a load of serious grief this season if he continues to publicly do this.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

James Maclean. again on 00:03 - Jul 21 with 1973 viewstrampie

MacLean no doubt has always been paid in pounds sterling.

James Maclean. again on 00:07 - Jul 21 with 1968 viewsScoobyWho

James Maclean. again on 00:03 - Jul 21 by trampie

MacLean no doubt has always been paid in pounds sterling.

A very good point ( again ) But I do think this could all come back in a bad way sooner than some would think, it's all well and good doing it when he has millions in the bank and a modicum of safety in his current domain. However, there are far too many nutters out there for him to be in a position for this to not come back severely and bite him at some point.

To many it is very disrespectful.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

James Maclean. again on 00:16 - Jul 21 with 1961 viewstrampie

He seems genuine in his beliefs whether people like us agree with him or not, he is for real in that respect and I doubt If he cares too much about consequences as he seems to be passionate.

James Maclean. again on 00:48 - Jul 21 with 1942 viewsBanosswan

Nationalism yes, National identity no. It's when these two get mixed up that we end up with problems.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

James Maclean. again on 10:29 - Jul 21 with 1857 viewsHighjack

just think of the billions of people over the last few millennia who have been killed, hurt or have suffered because of imaginary lines on a map? Yet we still have idiots in the 21st century who think it's the be all and end all of everything.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

James Maclean. again on 14:06 - Jul 21 with 1801 viewssnork44

James Maclean. again on 10:29 - Jul 21 by Highjack

just think of the billions of people over the last few millennia who have been killed, hurt or have suffered because of imaginary lines on a map? Yet we still have idiots in the 21st century who think it's the be all and end all of everything.

All MacLean needed to do was face the flag and not sing or bow his head,if the other foreign players who represent West Bromwich Albion can do that, I am sure this jumped up jerk can do the same! But what the attention seeking prick did was to turn away and show himself up to be the absolute tosser which he is! He like Joey Barton thinks he is more intelligent than he really is. This is not about nationalism or his feelings about the troubles, he has his view and he is entitled to it. This is about respect for the country you live in and for the fans that pay to watch you play.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 4:26]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

James Maclean. again on 14:23 - Jul 21 with 1796 viewsGroo

I read that although he is Northern Irish, he recieved permission to play for the Republic of Ireland.

Under what reason, I couldn't see a reference to either parent or grandparent being referenced as being from the Republic of Ireland

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024