Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Maclean. again 09:03 - Jul 20 with 27040 viewsperchrockjack

Any justification for this?

Any response apart from the obvious posters.

He seems simply top be uncomfortable earning his salary where he does so there s a clear alternative for him to consider

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/james-mcclean-warned-west-brom-60979

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

James Maclean. again on 09:20 - Jul 24 with 2705 viewsperchrockjack

Ulster players do not sing the Irish part of the anthem.

Distain for republican movement. Absolutely.

Distain for the way protestants discriminated against catholics in the north. Absolutely.

Easter Rising.. yeah, lets keep that alive and prolong the bitterness through generations.

Lets be honest, Mart has done very well out of this conflict after being just a butchers boy although that s a pretty apt description.

James Maclean. again on 09:36 - Jul 24 with 2697 viewsDarran

James Maclean. again on 09:08 - Jul 24 by epaul

Excellent article in the Mirror putting it into perspective
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brian-reade-column-james-mcclean-611

Undoubtedly ill take flak for this

What bit is excellent?
As this über leftie you aspire to be Paul you'd think you'd like to see an end to all the troubles in the world not people wanting to ignite them.
As several others have said if all the hierarchy are trying to move on with peace why can't this c*nt do so?
The bloke is senseless and even though I wholeheartedly support his right to have an opinion doing this in public in 2015 is utterly pathetic.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

James Maclean. again on 10:04 - Jul 24 with 2683 viewsepaul

James Maclean. again on 09:36 - Jul 24 by Darran

What bit is excellent?
As this über leftie you aspire to be Paul you'd think you'd like to see an end to all the troubles in the world not people wanting to ignite them.
As several others have said if all the hierarchy are trying to move on with peace why can't this c*nt do so?
The bloke is senseless and even though I wholeheartedly support his right to have an opinion doing this in public in 2015 is utterly pathetic.

Of course I want o see peace, murder and terrorism will get us nowhere, you say your all for him and his right to an opinion and that's all he's done, silently,he's not hurt anyone, in standing up for what he believes.
I'd wager he's fully in agreement with the whole peace processalong with all the rest of us, I cant see where he is advocating violence of any kind he's simply refusing to bow and be subsurviant to a head of state who army slaughtered innocent people.
FTQ

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

James Maclean. again on 10:15 - Jul 24 with 2672 viewsDarran

James Maclean. again on 10:04 - Jul 24 by epaul

Of course I want o see peace, murder and terrorism will get us nowhere, you say your all for him and his right to an opinion and that's all he's done, silently,he's not hurt anyone, in standing up for what he believes.
I'd wager he's fully in agreement with the whole peace processalong with all the rest of us, I cant see where he is advocating violence of any kind he's simply refusing to bow and be subsurviant to a head of state who army slaughtered innocent people.
FTQ

But he didn't have to bow or be subserviant to anyone and he didn't even have to sing the song he only needed to stand still for a matter of seconds to avoid this furore whilst still being the same person.
And like several others have mentioned he doesn't mind living and earning thousands of pounds a week in the country of that head of state who's army slaughtered innocent people.

Good on him for sticking up for what he believes in.

James Maclean. again on 11:00 - Jul 24 with 2636 viewssherpajacob

The easter rising was in 1916.

In 1916 the Germans were trying very hard to kill my grandad and nearly succeeded. Mind you he was doing his best to kill them.

Next year I will be in France commemorating the anniversary.

If the German national anthem is played alongside land of my father's, God save the queen and the Marseilles I will fully respect them all.

I hope and trust the peace process in northern Ireland has fully left james mcclean behind.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

James Maclean. again on 11:14 - Jul 24 with 2631 viewsFlashberryjack

James Maclean. again on 10:15 - Jul 24 by Darran

But he didn't have to bow or be subserviant to anyone and he didn't even have to sing the song he only needed to stand still for a matter of seconds to avoid this furore whilst still being the same person.
And like several others have mentioned he doesn't mind living and earning thousands of pounds a week in the country of that head of state who's army slaughtered innocent people.

Good on him for sticking up for what he believes in.

The guy's a hypocritical k*nt.....small minded uneducated piece of shyte who insists on continually picking at the scabs of the wounds that should be left to heal.

After so much blood has been shed on both side's, and maybe having seen it himself at first hand, you'd have thought he would be one of the first to aid the healing process not sour it with his actions....and those that support his attitude are just as bad.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

James Maclean. again on 11:15 - Jul 24 with 2628 viewsDarran

James Maclean. again on 11:00 - Jul 24 by sherpajacob

The easter rising was in 1916.

In 1916 the Germans were trying very hard to kill my grandad and nearly succeeded. Mind you he was doing his best to kill them.

Next year I will be in France commemorating the anniversary.

If the German national anthem is played alongside land of my father's, God save the queen and the Marseilles I will fully respect them all.

I hope and trust the peace process in northern Ireland has fully left james mcclean behind.

That's a truly wonderful post.

James Maclean. again on 11:30 - Jul 24 with 2622 viewsfather_jack

imo he should have more respect for the fans of the club, who's national anthem it is, and who pay his wages, regardless of his opinion. he doesnt have to sing it ffs, rooney doesnt even sing it.

in the last few years the queen has visited the republican war memorials and the german chancellor attend d-day commemorations, time is a healer. this guy is a dinosaur.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Login to get fewer ads

James Maclean. again on 12:22 - Jul 24 with 2592 viewssnork44

James Maclean. again on 11:30 - Jul 24 by father_jack

imo he should have more respect for the fans of the club, who's national anthem it is, and who pay his wages, regardless of his opinion. he doesnt have to sing it ffs, rooney doesnt even sing it.

in the last few years the queen has visited the republican war memorials and the german chancellor attend d-day commemorations, time is a healer. this guy is a dinosaur.

As I said before, Maclean is like Joey Barton trying to be more intelligent than he really is. All he had to do is face the flag and bow his head and refuse to sing. But no, he was just being an attention seeking little knob, 'Oh look at me I'm not wearing a poppy or aren't I clever at not facing the flag!' No one is criticising him for having an opinion, what people are on about is the lack of respect for the fans and the club that pays the pricks wages. This is not about the troubles and English oppression of the Irish people, this is about an immature attention seeking tw@t, who is neither courageous nor intelligent.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 12:48]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

James Maclean. again on 13:15 - Jul 24 with 2558 viewsperchrockjack

Suggest people check out the film "71".

Our army who were doing the "slaughtering" were fired upon,blown up,stabbed,poisoned often in the back by a cowardly scum people feeding off bitterness over the centuries passed down.

PEACE PROCESS led to many mudrerers being let loose and for me its shameful that we had to let these killers of our people out of prison because we didn't want more of our people blown to pieces on the British mainland. The families of the Omagh bombing have had no justice; these were "ordinary" people ,not soldiers of the Queen so fogive me for not fawning over MARTY AND GERRY and making them out to be peacemakers.

The Good Friday agreement benefitted
killers on both sides of their "community"- a laughable term really seeing the hatred and contempt is still seething under the surface and occasionally pops up from the sewer.

Corbyn and his scum followers will have spent many years supporting the IRA cause.It shows how short people s memories are.

James Maclean. again on 17:28 - Jul 24 with 2477 viewsyescomeon

Probably the best place to put this

Council votes in favour of Derry name change

http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0724/716882-derry/

Upthecity!

James Maclean. again on 18:28 - Jul 24 with 2445 viewsperchrockjack

and old but sentimental Air is now to be renamed then ,so as not to offend.

How fooking pitiful and it shows the mentality wer e dealing with

James Maclean. again on 11:36 - Jul 25 with 2363 viewspaddywhacker

'Londonderry' - another triumphalist and divisive symbol. If approached with sound reasoning and explanation, and brand it it a way that represents the broader make-up of the place, then it's a good idea. The vast majority of people in N.Ireland call it Derry anyway. The fact that the gay-bashing DUP led minority will kick and scream and play the sectarian card shows exactly what they're all about - maintain divisions and keep winning votes.

There are backward nutters on the other side too, but that's another story.
James Maclean. again on 12:20 - Jul 25 with 2343 viewsDafyddHuw

Give the 6 counties back to the Irish.
They can pick u p the tab for security. It must be costing the UK billions.
Who needs those fascistic DUPers anyway?
James Maclean. again on 17:16 - Jul 25 with 2294 viewsPaddyJack

James Maclean. again on 11:36 - Jul 25 by paddywhacker

'Londonderry' - another triumphalist and divisive symbol. If approached with sound reasoning and explanation, and brand it it a way that represents the broader make-up of the place, then it's a good idea. The vast majority of people in N.Ireland call it Derry anyway. The fact that the gay-bashing DUP led minority will kick and scream and play the sectarian card shows exactly what they're all about - maintain divisions and keep winning votes.

There are backward nutters on the other side too, but that's another story.

Now you're having a laugh, the city of Londonderry was a new settlement funded by tradesmen from the London commercial guilds in 1613. O.k. the name may not reflect the current population, though it may do for the county as a whole - but to call the original name triumphalist and divisive is just stupid.
James Maclean. again on 17:24 - Jul 25 with 2290 viewsexiledclaseboy

James Maclean. again on 17:16 - Jul 25 by PaddyJack

Now you're having a laugh, the city of Londonderry was a new settlement funded by tradesmen from the London commercial guilds in 1613. O.k. the name may not reflect the current population, though it may do for the county as a whole - but to call the original name triumphalist and divisive is just stupid.

The original name was Derry. It was changed to Londonderry for the reason you highlighted.

Poll: Tory leader

James Maclean. again on 18:14 - Jul 25 with 2276 viewsPaddyJack

James Maclean. again on 17:24 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

The original name was Derry. It was changed to Londonderry for the reason you highlighted.

The original Irish settlement was on the east side of the River Foyle, the new city was built on the west bank, ironically the opposite way round to the current community divide.
James Maclean. again on 20:25 - Jul 25 with 2244 viewsStarsky

James Maclean. again on 09:08 - Jul 24 by epaul

Excellent article in the Mirror putting it into perspective
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brian-reade-column-james-mcclean-611

Undoubtedly ill take flak for this

Trouble is Paul, you hate the English as much as he does.

It's just the internet, init.

James Maclean. again on 20:32 - Jul 25 with 2241 viewsperchrockjack

Yes folks we re talking about events 400 years ago. Four hundred, hence my contempt for people unable to forget matters so long ago.

Seems the Irish are imprisoned by history

James Maclean. again on 20:34 - Jul 25 with 2235 viewsDarran

James Maclean. again on 20:25 - Jul 25 by Starsky

Trouble is Paul, you hate the English as much as he does.

James Maclean. again on 20:39 - Jul 25 with 2233 viewspaddywhacker

James Maclean. again on 17:16 - Jul 25 by PaddyJack

I'm not having a laugh. The name is divisive, plain and simple - purely on a symbolic basis. The more hardline unionists wouldn't dream of even mentioning the word Derry without being preceded by London. There's even a gloating element to it, and I'm not talking about political leaders here. The majority of the population in my experience simply call it Derry. Where did they get the Derry part of the Londonderry name from anyway?

Irrespective of that, and whatever historical events go before, the fact of giving it two names is simply not exploiting the branding potential and commercial benefits that come with that. If it's 'sold' to all parties involved then there shouldn't be a problem. I'm guessing that a well reasoned case has been put forward, however I'm surprised at not hearing of the idea until it was passed at their council meeting. If proper consultation wasn't carried out then, I can see why active unionists within the population would have cause to pay heed to the DUP's sectarian card.

History is important, but the future even more so. Maybe one day Catholics will attend 12th July events and Protestants will participate in GAA (some already do). There again, less Protestants and Catholics and more Christians would be nice - that coming from an athiest.
James Maclean. again on 20:47 - Jul 25 with 2221 viewsmagicdaps10

Just to the people on here who are agreeing with Mclean on the purpose that they hate England............did you know that many Irish people have a lot of satisfaction in saying that Wales is actually west England.

I have been asked by many of them "where in England is Wales?"................surely they are not that uneducated!?!

They fought so much for their republic but show little to no respect for many other countries, did you know there is no better country in the world than Ireland...............take a visit over there and you wont see it for yourself but will be told by a high percentage of them.

They are quite full of shit really, i should know i married one. Thankfully she stayed over here in Wales and it opened her eyes to the world.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

James Maclean. again on 20:48 - Jul 25 with 2219 viewsperchrockjack

History is important only to enhance bigotry which is so evident in Ireland.

Only they could really be so offended by a name of a city.

It's truly pitiful and its 2016.

Just why the fack did we not bin this fetid island when we had the chance

James Maclean. again on 20:50 - Jul 25 with 2217 viewspaddywhacker

James Maclean. again on 20:32 - Jul 25 by perchrockjack

Yes folks we re talking about events 400 years ago. Four hundred, hence my contempt for people unable to forget matters so long ago.

Seems the Irish are imprisoned by history

Land grabbing and Penal Laws would tend to have a habit of leaving a nasty legacy, it would seem. Not helped by penning a minority (40%) inside the portion they kept and allowing them to be discriminated against.

How unreasonable of them not to just forget about it.
James Maclean. again on 20:55 - Jul 25 with 2211 viewspaddywhacker

"Just to the people on here who are agreeing with Mclean on the purpose that they hate England............did you know that many Irish people have a lot of satisfaction in saying that Wales is actually west England.

I have been asked by many of them "where in England is Wales?"................surely they are not that uneducated!?! "

That's a load of nonsense, pure and simple. I suppose that if this view is so prominent, there will be plenty of evidence out there to support what you say, right? Or is it only you that know's about this little secret?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024