Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn 12:42 - Jul 24 with 104808 viewsCountyJim

I'm going to vote for him was going to go with Burnham but the amount of crap he's put up with and with dignity

He's a man of principal don't share his views on the monarch but we all have different points of view
Jeremy Corbyn on 21:03 - Aug 16 with 1837 viewsblueytheblue

Jeremy Corbyn on 20:57 - Aug 16 by exiledclaseboy

I agree on the first point but Labour's losing in 2020 anyway so they may as well present the leftist manifesto and then wriggle back to the hugely overrated centre ground by 2025 by when everyone's sick of the Tories and it'll be Labour's turn again.

Problem is, present the leftist manifesto; when that fails the unions and "experts" like Owen Jones then call for a shift further leftwards.

Don't think Labour will necessarily lose in 2020 but presuming they were to, going leftwards now takes the party further away from where thye'd need to be in 2025. It' s huge point for Labour right now, deep to the heart of what they want to be, how they adapt to modern economy and society. I sense electing Corbyn will split the party with the ensuing massive divisions potentially meaning 2025 could also be written off.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:05 - Aug 16 with 1835 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:03 - Aug 16 by blueytheblue

Problem is, present the leftist manifesto; when that fails the unions and "experts" like Owen Jones then call for a shift further leftwards.

Don't think Labour will necessarily lose in 2020 but presuming they were to, going leftwards now takes the party further away from where thye'd need to be in 2025. It' s huge point for Labour right now, deep to the heart of what they want to be, how they adapt to modern economy and society. I sense electing Corbyn will split the party with the ensuing massive divisions potentially meaning 2025 could also be written off.

It's more or less impossible for Labour win in 2020 given where they are and the boundary changes that will have taken effect by then.

Poll: Tory leader

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:00 - Aug 17 with 1758 viewsCottsy

If any amateur psephologists want to do a very unscientific exit poll I have just voted for Jeremy Corbyn with no other preferences. I've also voted Angela Eagle as my first choice for deputy and Tom Watson as second choice if you're interested.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:31 - Aug 17 with 1733 viewsmonmouth

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:00 - Aug 17 by Cottsy

If any amateur psephologists want to do a very unscientific exit poll I have just voted for Jeremy Corbyn with no other preferences. I've also voted Angela Eagle as my first choice for deputy and Tom Watson as second choice if you're interested.

If Jezza wins and gets shot of all the pseudo tories, career politicians and smug identikit spin tossers, he will do everyone a favour. Even if it fails, it would be seriously nice to have an alternative to the current all party grease ball gravy train.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jeremy Corbyn on 17:19 - Aug 17 with 1686 viewsblueytheblue

Jeremy Corbyn on 14:31 - Aug 17 by monmouth

If Jezza wins and gets shot of all the pseudo tories, career politicians and smug identikit spin tossers, he will do everyone a favour. Even if it fails, it would be seriously nice to have an alternative to the current all party grease ball gravy train.

Corbyn's working career has been a bit of voluntary work followed by union work followed by politics. He's every bit as much a career politician as anyone else.

Jeremy Corbyn on 17:20 - Aug 17 with 1684 viewsblueytheblue

Jeremy Corbyn on 13:00 - Aug 17 by Cottsy

Tom Watson in 2007 called for the position of deputy leader to be scrapped.

Le plus ca change...

Jeremy Corbyn on 17:42 - Aug 17 with 1678 viewsmonmouth

Jeremy Corbyn on 17:19 - Aug 17 by blueytheblue

Corbyn's working career has been a bit of voluntary work followed by union work followed by politics. He's every bit as much a career politician as anyone else.

Aye...but if he gets shot of the ones I don't like...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jeremy Corbyn on 19:22 - Aug 17 with 1649 viewsperchrockjack

Positive is that Cameron will have to grow a pair of balls and fight .

This new hero will be very good at the despatch box and Tories should front up to this man

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn on 20:48 - Aug 17 with 1630 viewsblueytheblue

Maybe he'll be good at the dispatch box, maybe not. So far for me the Labour election is a bit dull; nobody standing out in terms of actualities rather than rhetoric and dogma. Burnham, Cooper and Kendall are pretty much "bleh". Neither Cooper nor Kendall would strike fear into the Tories and Burnham has a record out there that can easily be ripped to pieces, ie Mid Staffs.

Corbyn is the wild card because he's always wanted that image of being the wide eyed leftie rebel - hence no ministerial experience. Trying to go from being that outsider where he can spout whichever wild policy he believes in that day to being The Man where he's got to unite a party... just can't see it.

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:09 - Aug 17 with 1620 viewslonglostjack

There's something fundamentally positive about politicians with conviction though as opposed to those who are worried to say what they really think because they are afraid of a potential electoral disadvantage.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:26 - Aug 17 with 1606 viewsblueytheblue

Problem is, it's easy to promise the moon because you believe in it. Delivering the moon when given the mandate to do so, on the other hand.

Corbyn, for example, can play to the gallery by claiming he'll renationalise the railways. How he'll do that, however is a different matter - don't EU laws prohibit that kind of state intervention?

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:29 - Aug 17 with 1602 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:26 - Aug 17 by blueytheblue

Problem is, it's easy to promise the moon because you believe in it. Delivering the moon when given the mandate to do so, on the other hand.

Corbyn, for example, can play to the gallery by claiming he'll renationalise the railways. How he'll do that, however is a different matter - don't EU laws prohibit that kind of state intervention?

No. And for your first part, the current government is now finding that it's fairly difficult to implement a wish list manifesto they never thought they'd have to put into practice in full.

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:36 - Aug 17 with 1591 viewsNeathJack

Well Corbyn has my vote.

An actual alternative to the austerity or austerity lite narrative that has been rammed down our throats for too long.

Would he be able to implement all of his policies? No, probably not. But better 50% of what he stands for than any % of the current regime or the alternative "Labour" candidates.
Jeremy Corbyn on 21:42 - Aug 17 with 1582 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:36 - Aug 17 by NeathJack

Well Corbyn has my vote.

An actual alternative to the austerity or austerity lite narrative that has been rammed down our throats for too long.

Would he be able to implement all of his policies? No, probably not. But better 50% of what he stands for than any % of the current regime or the alternative "Labour" candidates.

apparently he's the next anti christ

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:47 - Aug 17 with 1573 viewsblueytheblue

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:29 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

No. And for your first part, the current government is now finding that it's fairly difficult to implement a wish list manifesto they never thought they'd have to put into practice in full.

I don't thank any candidate or party can deliver everything. You can have a nice manifesto but real life sadly gets in the way. You can plan X but Y has happened causing X to be dropped. C'est la vie.

The difference is that, if he's honest Corbyn knows he could not win a general election. That gives him more leeway t promise the earth knowing that he'll neither be able to deliver nor be asked to.

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 1562 viewsDarran

http://unfashionista.com/2015/08/17/every-dead-british-soldier-is-a-victory-jere

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 1557 viewsblueytheblue

Every politician wanting to lead will attract some nutters, to be fair.

The problem for Corbyn is he's addressing the allegations of anti-semitism amongst some followers, some of the other dubious followers by basically ignoring them. The BBC aren't questioning whatsoever.

To that extent I can see a lot of similarities with Galloway.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:02 - Aug 17 with 1552 viewslonglostjack

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:26 - Aug 17 by blueytheblue

I'm not a legal expert Bluey but I would have thought that if that were the case Brussels would be a natural ally of the Tory Party which says everything about Dave's diplomatic skills.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:04 - Aug 17 with 1549 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:53 - Aug 17 by Darran

http://unfashionista.com/2015/08/17/every-dead-british-soldier-is-a-victory-jere

Louise Mensch's website. Lovely. Remember when she was a card carrying Labour shill as opposed to being a failed Tory MP? She's not keen on being reminded of it.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:05 - Aug 17 with 1548 viewsWarwickHunt

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:36 - Aug 17 by NeathJack

Well Corbyn has my vote.

He won't be able to implement any policies because he's about as electable as Gary Glitter.
Jeremy Corbyn on 22:07 - Aug 17 with 1583 viewsexiledclaseboy

I was wondering how long it would be before the BBC was accused of being complicit in the rise of Corbyn. There it is, doubling up with another unfounded accusation linking him with anti-Semitism. All the cliches. He's definitely rattling some cages.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 22:07]

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:10 - Aug 17 with 1571 viewsblueytheblue

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:02 - Aug 17 by longlostjack

I'm not a legal expert Bluey but I would have thought that if that were the case Brussels would be a natural ally of the Tory Party which says everything about Dave's diplomatic skills.

Not at all It's the whole harmonisation type issues the EU want to implement. State aiding industry X gives an advantage and all that kind of thing. It's one of the very few things the EU fit into the Tory view on.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:11 - Aug 17 with 1569 viewsblueytheblue

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:04 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

Louise Mensch's website. Lovely. Remember when she was a card carrying Labour shill as opposed to being a failed Tory MP? She's not keen on being reminded of it.

Regardless of the source, did that guy make those comments - yes or no?

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:13 - Aug 17 with 1563 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:11 - Aug 17 by blueytheblue

Regardless of the source, did that guy make those comments - yes or no?

I assume so.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:16 - Aug 17 with 1557 viewsblueytheblue

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:07 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

I was wondering how long it would be before the BBC was accused of being complicit in the rise of Corbyn. There it is, doubling up with another unfounded accusation linking him with anti-Semitism. All the cliches. He's definitely rattling some cages.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 22:07]

Who said they are being complicit? They certainly aren't questioning over it - then again nor are Corbyn's opponents. Burnham has shown himself to have zero backbone in particular.

Only cage rattled is yours. Assuming good faith and Corbyn isn't himself anti-semitic, he has a number of follower - some with direct links to him - who have made anti-semitic remarks. At best that shows some questionable judgements on Corbyn's part. You may believe that's not relevant whatsoever, but you'd be wrong.

Corbyn's mistake is he's not addressed any of this. Some of the unwarranted sexist abuse at Kendall and Cooper has gone on with nary an eyebrow raised. Should Corbyn win and should Britain get dragged into any conflict, the "Every dead British soldier is a victory" comments will be raised again. Corbyn hasn't nipped any of this in the bud which is why he's an electoral liability for Labour.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024