Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Corbyn 12:42 - Jul 24 with 105788 viewsCountyJim

I'm going to vote for him was going to go with Burnham but the amount of crap he's put up with and with dignity

He's a man of principal don't share his views on the monarch but we all have different points of view
Jeremy Corbyn on 21:56 - Jul 24 with 1974 viewslondonlisa2001

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:28 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

I don't doubt what you say about him being a family man but he's also as calculating a politician as there is. He's invoked Ivan too often for it not to be blatant politicking.

I'm sure that's the case. They all do it. I'm only questioning the tiny inference (not from Mon's post btw, but it's been heard many times) that it works well for him.

As political an animal as he is, there is no question in my mind that he'd throw it all away in a heartbeat to get his son back. As I say - I think it's misguided, but he struggles to find any common ground at all with 99.9% of people. This is one way that he can, and it's used too often, but I think he genuinely believes that it's a real link to other people and he can't see that others may find it calculating.
Jeremy Corbyn on 21:56 - Jul 24 with 1974 viewsWarwickHunt

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:51 - Jul 24 by VetchitBack

Third point.

Cameron's Tories are the heirs to New Labour. It's why the BBC have never destroyed him like they did IDS and Howard. He's one of them.

New Labourites don't need to have a Labour Govt to get what they want anymore.

You're almost as bonkers as Trampie.

Top stuff.
Jeremy Corbyn on 21:57 - Jul 24 with 1971 viewslondonlisa2001

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:31 - Jul 24 by monmouth

You have more faith than me Lis, although I'm not questioning the love for the child. I think he, or any of them actually, would still use anything they could, and I do believe that was a deliberate strategy as pre planned as the shirtsleeve crap.

As I just said to Clasie, I think it was probably deliberate and misguided, but I think it's that he struggles to find any common ground at all and his advisors are stupid.
Jeremy Corbyn on 21:59 - Jul 24 with 1965 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:51 - Jul 24 by VetchitBack

Third point.

Cameron's Tories are the heirs to New Labour. It's why the BBC have never destroyed him like they did IDS and Howard. He's one of them.

New Labourites don't need to have a Labour Govt to get what they want anymore.

Bloody hell. I can only suggest that you read the last Tory manifesto or even last month's Queen's speech and then come back and reiterate which bits of those you think even the barely left of centre New Labour would have embraced.

Poll: Tory leader

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:04 - Jul 24 with 1940 viewsmonmouth

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:57 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

As I just said to Clasie, I think it was probably deliberate and misguided, but I think it's that he struggles to find any common ground at all and his advisors are stupid.

I don't know...what makes it that it worse is hat I think it actually worked. That's how sad the idea of 'democracy' has become. My father actually thought that it proved he would never damage the NHS.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:08 - Jul 24 with 1927 viewsDr_Winston

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:04 - Jul 24 by monmouth

I don't know...what makes it that it worse is hat I think it actually worked. That's how sad the idea of 'democracy' has become. My father actually thought that it proved he would never damage the NHS.

Do you think the Tories would ever get shot of the NHS as an entity?

They may do weird things to it and try to make it dance to their tune but it would be electoral suicide to actually get rid of it. They'd lose power the next election after doing so and they know it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:10 - Jul 24 with 1926 viewsVetchitBack

Jeremy Corbyn on 21:59 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

Bloody hell. I can only suggest that you read the last Tory manifesto or even last month's Queen's speech and then come back and reiterate which bits of those you think even the barely left of centre New Labour would have embraced.

How do you explain the rise of UKIP, the aforementioned Beeb courting and the fact that immigration has gone up under the Tories?

And the gay marriage stuff? The apparent lack of will to punish criminals rather than fetishise and mollycoddle them as Labour tends to?

They may be Tories they are certainly not conservative. They are money-loving liberals like Blair and co.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:22 - Jul 24 with 1900 viewsmonmouth

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:08 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

Do you think the Tories would ever get shot of the NHS as an entity?

They may do weird things to it and try to make it dance to their tune but it would be electoral suicide to actually get rid of it. They'd lose power the next election after doing so and they know it.

That's a fair point. I don't know. From what I hear anecdotally though It might get rid of itself if it's run the way it is. When it becomes clearly unfit for purpose then American style insurance may become more acceptable with an paupers service for those that can't pay. Medical advances and longer life will probably do it in anyway....because we can't possibly raise taxes to support such a magnificent ideal can we, oh no.

There's no doubt in my mind the current govt would love to get their mates in to extract any profit they can though. But they are not alone; all the PFI under Labour was stomach turning. I'm not a leftie by the way but I do believe in social framework, paying fair progressive taxes, and reducing inequality, partly out of self interest. I don't want to end up living in a scaled down version of Johannesburg where 30% of people feel they have nothing to lose, and I don't like seeing beggars outside waitrose...

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:26 - Jul 24 with 1890 viewsDr_Winston

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:22 - Jul 24 by monmouth

That's a fair point. I don't know. From what I hear anecdotally though It might get rid of itself if it's run the way it is. When it becomes clearly unfit for purpose then American style insurance may become more acceptable with an paupers service for those that can't pay. Medical advances and longer life will probably do it in anyway....because we can't possibly raise taxes to support such a magnificent ideal can we, oh no.

There's no doubt in my mind the current govt would love to get their mates in to extract any profit they can though. But they are not alone; all the PFI under Labour was stomach turning. I'm not a leftie by the way but I do believe in social framework, paying fair progressive taxes, and reducing inequality, partly out of self interest. I don't want to end up living in a scaled down version of Johannesburg where 30% of people feel they have nothing to lose, and I don't like seeing beggars outside waitrose...

PFI's got a lot to answer for for sure.

I don't actually have a problem with encouraging private healthcare. If people can afford to not burden the NHS then more power to them, but a balance needs to be struck.

I like my "fees for service" idea that went in on another thread. The NHS should offer to completely fund the graduate education of any health care professional in return for a guaranteed period of NHS cover. Would solve a lot of problems IMO.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:26 - Jul 24 with 1889 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:10 - Jul 24 by VetchitBack

How do you explain the rise of UKIP, the aforementioned Beeb courting and the fact that immigration has gone up under the Tories?

And the gay marriage stuff? The apparent lack of will to punish criminals rather than fetishise and mollycoddle them as Labour tends to?

They may be Tories they are certainly not conservative. They are money-loving liberals like Blair and co.

The rise of UKIP is directly attributable to disaffection with the EU and the Farage personality cult. BBC courting? Really? Have a look at the public consultation that's currently running on the Beeb's future and maybe you'll reconsider. Equal marriage is common human decency, something even some Tories are capable of. Mollycoddling criminals. I suppose it depends what you're after in a penal system. I've little argument with the sentiment of your last sentence, apart from you playing fast and loose with the word "liberal". Although if you're starting from a significantly right wing base many fairly standard things are decried as "liberalism". Not true, obviously but not an unusual conclusion from those of a more extreme persuasion.

Poll: Tory leader

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:27 - Jul 24 with 1888 viewsmonmouth

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:10 - Jul 24 by VetchitBack

You don't think that the BBC might be terrified of being 'reviewed' out of existence, no?

As for the rest of it, I'm not sure political commentary is a runner as your career.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:31 - Jul 24 with 1878 viewsEbo

Jeremy Corbyn on 15:49 - Jul 24 by Dull1Thomas

Corbyn would get my support if he wasn't so pro-Palestine (or more obviously anti Israel).
I don't believe Labour would be out of power he's got a clear and consistent message and that will win support.His biggest problem would be the unrelenting media abuse he will receive (Foot, Kinnock, Miliband for various reasons couldn't overcome the power of foreign based libertarianism).
I have never seen the point of electing Labour if we simply get a small t tory government.
If we aren't careful the barons will once again ride roughshod over the ordinary people of the UK

Nothing wrong with being pro palestine and opposing one of the most brutal regimes in the world. Even jews dislike Netenyahu as he does not uphold true jewish values at all.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:32 - Jul 24 with 1873 viewsmonmouth

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:26 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

I don't actually have a problem with encouraging private healthcare. If people can afford to not burden the NHS then more power to them, but a balance needs to be struck.

I like my "fees for service" idea that went in on another thread. The NHS should offer to completely fund the graduate education of any health care professional in return for a guaranteed period of NHS cover. Would solve a lot of problems IMO.

Certainly wouldn't argue that something different is needed. Retaining adequate basic service is the key...a bit like defining 'living wage' though. Also if private medicine wants the profits then they can't rely on NHS support as they do now if there are any complications at all. Glorified hotels with queue jumping - the wonky sheep of the medical profession :) - shouldn't be underwritten by taxpayers.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 22:33]

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:34 - Jul 24 with 1865 viewsDr_Winston

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:32 - Jul 24 by monmouth

Certainly wouldn't argue that something different is needed. Retaining adequate basic service is the key...a bit like defining 'living wage' though. Also if private medicine wants the profits then they can't rely on NHS support as they do now if there are any complications at all. Glorified hotels with queue jumping - the wonky sheep of the medical profession :) - shouldn't be underwritten by taxpayers.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 22:33]

No argument there. Private services should build and fund their own facilities instead of piggybacking on NHS ones.

Defining "key" NHS services is a minefield though. Something Clasey and I have gone over before.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:48 - Jul 24 with 1847 viewsVetchitBack

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:27 - Jul 24 by monmouth

You don't think that the BBC might be terrified of being 'reviewed' out of existence, no?

As for the rest of it, I'm not sure political commentary is a runner as your career.

I think that's irrelevant. They recognised him as a liberal-Tory from the start and could see the obvious benefit in this type of person heading up what was once the enemy for as long as possible.

The less political commentary looks like what the mainstream media serve up the closer it is to both interest and truth.

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:53 - Jul 24 with 1837 viewsWarwickHunt

Tariq Ali and Rhona F*cking Cameron (remember her?) supporting Corbyn on Newsnight.

Scraping the barrel...
Jeremy Corbyn on 23:06 - Jul 24 with 1823 viewsBanosswan

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:26 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

The welsh government funded degree I have just completed had me as the only welsh person in my year (only six of us). The year above had two from five and the year below none from five.

Only one has a job in Wales, I'm having to move to near Holborn.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:17 - Jul 24 with 1814 viewsDr_Winston

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:06 - Jul 24 by Banosswan

The welsh government funded degree I have just completed had me as the only welsh person in my year (only six of us). The year above had two from five and the year below none from five.

Only one has a job in Wales, I'm having to move to near Holborn.

If we're going to get into what's wrong with the Welsh Government we'll be here all night.

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:45 - Jul 24 with 1782 viewsBanosswan

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:17 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

If we're going to get into what's wrong with the Welsh Government we'll be here all night.

Should have added it's an nhs degree.

Two simple steps to gather more funds in Wales.

1) Stop free prescriptions, especially on antibiotics.

2) Reintroduce hospital parking charges.

Then the profligacy needs to be addressed.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 23:46]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Jeremy Corbyn on 06:00 - Jul 25 with 1728 viewsKilkennyjack

Jeremy Corbyn on 23:45 - Jul 24 by Banosswan

Should have added it's an nhs degree.

Two simple steps to gather more funds in Wales.

1) Stop free prescriptions, especially on antibiotics.

2) Reintroduce hospital parking charges.

Then the profligacy needs to be addressed.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 23:46]

Could always give wales fair funding mind and then we could keep these things and invest another £1.2 billion per year on growing our economy and improving public services. Unless wales somehow deserves less than Scotland ?

Beware of the Risen People

Jeremy Corbyn on 08:45 - Jul 25 with 1691 viewsVetchitBack

Jeremy Corbyn on 22:26 - Jul 24 by exiledclaseboy

The rise of UKIP is directly attributable to disaffection with the EU and the Farage personality cult. BBC courting? Really? Have a look at the public consultation that's currently running on the Beeb's future and maybe you'll reconsider. Equal marriage is common human decency, something even some Tories are capable of. Mollycoddling criminals. I suppose it depends what you're after in a penal system. I've little argument with the sentiment of your last sentence, apart from you playing fast and loose with the word "liberal". Although if you're starting from a significantly right wing base many fairly standard things are decried as "liberalism". Not true, obviously but not an unusual conclusion from those of a more extreme persuasion.

Have you really not noticed how differently the BBC treat Cameron from other Tory leaders? I'm not talking just recently either. If not I really don't know what to say?

Only on the surface is UKIP all about the E.U. They are a party who are spearheaded by ex-Tories who rightly recognise the very much not-at-all conservative nature of the Conservative party and are starting to attract working-class voters betrayed by Labour's immgration policy who find the BNP a bit too strong.

David Cameron is an unquestionable liberal by his own admission and that of others. The evidence is there although I can see how making him appear more Right-wing will benefit those seeking to push that dubious "centre" even further left if that is possible.

It's quite Orwellian. UKIP are called extreme for opposing the truly extreme policy of importing annually hundreds of thousands of immigrants.

It's all very clever and practical for a lot of people. I've heard UKIP described as above as extreme and far-right!? Look at history and look around the world. They really aren't. The centre has been pushed so far left on social issues that any attempt to oppose it immediately flags you as beyond the pale. Perfect! Ingenious. You cannot try to change or rectify without being labelled as morally reprehensible.

Only in modern Britain could Blair or Cameron be described as socially Right-wing because so many are either part of it or have fell for it.

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:34 - Jul 25 with 1657 viewsbuilthjack

Why have both my posts from this morning been removed from here?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:55 - Jul 25 with 1643 viewsWarwickHunt

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:34 - Jul 25 by builthjack

Why have both my posts from this morning been removed from here?

I'll wager it was a Jewish conspiracy...
Jeremy Corbyn on 09:59 - Jul 25 with 1639 viewsbuilthjack

You are not allowed to say that

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jeremy Corbyn on 09:59 - Jul 25 with 1637 viewsepaul

It's terrible that JC is actually embracing what the Labour Party were actually about and gets hammered for it,shows how Labour wont have a cats chance in hell of running this coutry for yesrs to come and we'll be stuck with these tory c*nts for a long long time, fwiw he gets my vote, but that aint no surprise
Ive lived in Iislington, off the Holloway road actually it was a sh*t hole!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024