Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's a nice problem to have but...... 09:15 - Jul 28 with 3300 viewsSS2013

What a selection headache Garry is going to have come the Chelsea game.

Some big players are definitely going to be disappointed, I guess a lot of it depends on the formation ?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 10:03 - Jul 28 with 3236 viewsshandyjack

I expect the diamond

Fab
KN
AW
FF
NT

JC
JJS
Ki
Gs

AA
BG

Subs
KN
FT
JA
MG
JM
WR
E

Poll: Expectation for the season

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 12:28 - Jul 28 with 3104 viewsMattG

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 10:03 - Jul 28 by shandyjack

I expect the diamond

Fab
KN
AW
FF
NT

JC
JJS
Ki
Gs

AA
BG

Subs
KN
FT
JA
MG
JM
WR
E

Very kind of you but I'm not sure I'm ready for a place on the bench.
It's a nice problem to have but...... on 12:32 - Jul 28 with 3096 viewsRyan

*If gomis doesn't go*

.........................Fab...........................
Naughton Fernandez Williams Taylor
..................Cork...KI.......................
Routledge....Siggy.......Ayew
..................Gomis................

Loughor Jack
Poll: Who was better in their first season?

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 12:53 - Jul 28 with 3030 viewspencoedjack

I expect the diamond

Fab
KN
AW
FF
NT

JC
JJS
Ki
Gs

AA
BG

Subs
KN
FT
JA
MG
JM
WR
E

No Dyer or Bartley in the squad ?

The lynch mob will be after you Shandy

Pretty much the team I would go with as well.
It's a nice problem to have but...... on 12:55 - Jul 28 with 3020 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

it will be that "midfielders to run their balls off formation" against Chelsea

Fabski
KN AW FF FT
JC
KI GS JJS AA
BG

Plenty of legs on the bench
JM
WR
AG
AR
NT
ND

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 13:00 - Jul 28 with 3010 viewsTom1912

Barring no injuries, I think it picks itself apart from Tabanou v Taylor and Shelvey v Montero/Routledge which will depend on whether we play 451 or the diamond.
It's a nice problem to have but...... on 15:50 - Jul 28 with 2836 viewsFar_Post

I think Taylor will be first choice until Tabanou settles in to the club a bit more.

Chelsea beat us 9-2 over the 2 matches home and away last season and I am sure Garry will be looking to keep it tight at the back this time around.

I would expect the diamond again with a similar game plan to the Arsenal away match last season.

Fabianski

Naughton Williams Fernandez Taylor

Shelvey Cork Ki

Siggy Ayew

Gomis

Subs: Nordfeldt, Bartley, Tabanou, Britton, Montero, Grimes, Eder

Blog: The C Word

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 23:00 - Jul 28 with 2643 viewsAl_Bundy

See Routledge still gets a first team vote ! short memories some have !
Login to get fewer ads

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 23:11 - Jul 28 with 2614 viewswhiterock

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 23:00 - Jul 28 by Al_Bundy

See Routledge still gets a first team vote ! short memories some have !

Siggy may be the one that drops to the bench, been carrying him for a spell
It's a nice problem to have but...... on 23:18 - Jul 28 with 2599 viewsMarryGonk

I expect the diamond

Fab
KN
AW
FF
NT

JC
JJS
Ki
Gs

AA
BG

Subs
KN
FT
JA
MG
JM
WR
E

I'd have to go with this as well, however you have to imagine how many sides in the league would leave Montero out of their starting XI.

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 23:37 - Jul 28 with 2559 viewsWhiterockin

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 15:50 - Jul 28 by Far_Post

I think Taylor will be first choice until Tabanou settles in to the club a bit more.

Chelsea beat us 9-2 over the 2 matches home and away last season and I am sure Garry will be looking to keep it tight at the back this time around.

I would expect the diamond again with a similar game plan to the Arsenal away match last season.

Fabianski

Naughton Williams Fernandez Taylor

Shelvey Cork Ki

Siggy Ayew

Gomis

Subs: Nordfeldt, Bartley, Tabanou, Britton, Montero, Grimes, Eder

This 100%.
It's a nice problem to have but...... on 07:46 - Jul 29 with 2424 viewsDr_Winston

Hope we don't see too much of the diamond next season. We phased it out towards the end of the last campaign and were much more fun to watch as a result.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 09:18 - Jul 29 with 2358 viewsjasper_T

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 07:46 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

Hope we don't see too much of the diamond next season. We phased it out towards the end of the last campaign and were much more fun to watch as a result.

Don't seem to have used it at all in pre-season. We'll have to see what Garry uses against Depor, but I expect to see the wingers out there against Chelsea.
It's a nice problem to have but...... on 09:39 - Jul 29 with 2333 viewsmidswan

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 23:11 - Jul 28 by whiterock

Siggy may be the one that drops to the bench, been carrying him for a spell

As per the OP, interesting choices Monk has to make. I think he will want a solid,disciplined team out there and think Jeff might sit it out and be produced later on in the game. Siggy ? funny one....he has been quiet by his own standards for a while but then he can (and frequently does ) deliver. I cant see him being used out wide if going with 2 wide men with Ayew being selected on left as most think or if Ayew is behind a front man then again where would he fit ?
Cant just pick the 'best' players and squeeze them in it dont work like that ,as im sure GM knows !
It's a nice problem to have but...... on 16:27 - Jul 29 with 2228 viewsSS2013

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 09:39 - Jul 29 by midswan

As per the OP, interesting choices Monk has to make. I think he will want a solid,disciplined team out there and think Jeff might sit it out and be produced later on in the game. Siggy ? funny one....he has been quiet by his own standards for a while but then he can (and frequently does ) deliver. I cant see him being used out wide if going with 2 wide men with Ayew being selected on left as most think or if Ayew is behind a front man then again where would he fit ?
Cant just pick the 'best' players and squeeze them in it dont work like that ,as im sure GM knows !

It's going to take a good manager to keep everyone happy.

It feels mad leaving JJS and Routs out.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 16:54 - Jul 29 with 2198 viewstylagarwjack

I think we will see the diamond, but only against the top teams home and away and in other games that are considered relatively more tricky.

In the vast majority of home games we should be going 4231 as Jeff on one wing and Ayew on the other with Gylfi behind Gomis should be more than enough to trouble most teams in the division.
It's a nice problem to have but...... on 17:17 - Jul 29 with 2165 viewsDr_Winston

It's a nice problem to have but...... on 16:54 - Jul 29 by tylagarwjack

I think we will see the diamond, but only against the top teams home and away and in other games that are considered relatively more tricky.

In the vast majority of home games we should be going 4231 as Jeff on one wing and Ayew on the other with Gylfi behind Gomis should be more than enough to trouble most teams in the division.

Couldn't agree more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024