Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Metal fans 14:39 - Jul 30 with 4921 viewsBLAZE

It's that time again

Metal fans on 15:06 - Jul 30 with 4910 viewsBLAZE

Megadeth are covering Melt The Ice Away from Welsh band Budgie on their new album too
Metal fans on 16:44 - Jul 30 with 4858 viewsSwansea93

Can't wait for this album

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Metal fans on 16:59 - Jul 30 with 4848 viewsLord_Bony

Hope Bruce is up to a world tour that will surely follow after his scare with the big C.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20700000/Bruce-Dickinson-iron-maiden-2075

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Metal fans on 23:07 - Jul 30 with 4764 viewsdailew

At Reading this year.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 23:09]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Metal fans on 23:48 - Jul 30 with 4739 viewsDarran

Metal fans on 23:07 - Jul 30 by dailew

At Reading this year.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 23:09]

I saw this Japanese band opening for The Cult a couple of years ago what ew reckon Dai?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Metal fans on 14:18 - Aug 14 with 4602 viewsBLAZE

Metal fans on 15:01 - Aug 14 with 4579 viewskarnataka

Metal fans on 23:48 - Jul 30 by Darran

I saw this Japanese band opening for The Cult a couple of years ago what ew reckon Dai?

Did you see The Tubes last week Darran?

Saw them last night in Bilston with my bro and his lad. Great fun. The original members are in their mid-60s now and looking their age a bit but definitely still got it. Just proves the old saying, you don't stop playing when you get old, you get old when you stop playing. My bro is/was an excellent drummer & has always been a massive Prairie Prince fan so he was pleased when we got to meet him after the gig. What a great bunch of nutters.
Metal fans on 15:09 - Aug 14 with 4576 viewsorion3016

First time I saw maiden was st David's hall 86 somewhere in time tour. I was hooked. I think I played live after death on my Sony Walkman with orange earphones everyday for 4 years while doing my paper round

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

Metal fans on 15:34 - Aug 14 with 4563 viewsDarran

Metal fans on 15:01 - Aug 14 by karnataka

Did you see The Tubes last week Darran?

Saw them last night in Bilston with my bro and his lad. Great fun. The original members are in their mid-60s now and looking their age a bit but definitely still got it. Just proves the old saying, you don't stop playing when you get old, you get old when you stop playing. My bro is/was an excellent drummer & has always been a massive Prairie Prince fan so he was pleased when we got to meet him after the gig. What a great bunch of nutters.

No Dave I didn't we've had too much on lately we did want to go to Bristol Aug 3rd but we didn't make it.

Metal fans on 16:23 - Aug 14 with 4547 viewskarnataka

My first encounter with Iron Maiden was when I met them in Ian Gillan's Kingsway Studios in London in early 1980. Their first album was being recorded there and my band, Eazy Money, were in there recording a track for EMI's Metal for Muthas Vol 2 album which was released later that year. Only time I saw them live was in June 2003 in Vienna. I'd taken my Mum away there as an 80th birthday treat and when we got there, I found out Maiden were playing and the hotel managed to get me a ticket.
Metal fans on 18:46 - Aug 14 with 4507 viewsicecoldjack

Loved maiden all the way up to the seventh son album then it went a bit Pete tong for me once Adrian Smith left then Bruce, who was replaced by blaze bailey.

Last saw them in Bergen, Norway a few yrs back as a six piece, with yannick gers as a 3rd wheel .

Respect for the loyalty to him but the definitive line up will always be Harris, Clive burr, Smith, Bruce and Murray IMO.

Number of the beast of the best albums ever !
Metal fans on 09:39 - Aug 15 with 4419 viewskarnataka

Metal fans on 15:34 - Aug 14 by Darran

No Dave I didn't we've had too much on lately we did want to go to Bristol Aug 3rd but we didn't make it.

Meant to mention, something I thought I'd never hear was Fee Waybill saying from the stage how well Swansea had done to draw at Chelsea FFS!! He was going on about the difference between sport in the US & UK and how he'd got to like the Premier League while they've been in the UK, said he'd watched that match and was praising the Swans. Me, my brother & my nephew (all lifelong Jacks & lifelong Tubes fans) were looking at each other jaw-dropped and mouthing WTF. etc!! Very surreal.
Metal fans on 17:25 - Aug 28 with 4314 viewsBLAZE

It's just leaked. Of course, I don't condone downloading but for some strange reason there's a link below and I can't delete it!?

https://mega.nz/#!R1xzRKYC!f9VvC9rSwjXbrwZ_hV5V2Ayto_bO-jd5Xt0Q4OMYVyo
Metal fans on 20:58 - Aug 28 with 4264 viewsDan_Swan

I have a feeling they will be Headlining Download next year, I sincerely hope so!

Still following Dr's orders!

Metal fans on 22:04 - Aug 28 with 4245 viewsBLAZE

Have you downloaded the album Dan? F*cking superb. Dunno if that's just cause it's new but I normally take a while to get into new albums but I've taken to this straight away
Metal fans on 22:12 - Aug 28 with 4239 viewsDan_Swan

Metal fans on 22:04 - Aug 28 by BLAZE

Have you downloaded the album Dan? F*cking superb. Dunno if that's just cause it's new but I normally take a while to get into new albums but I've taken to this straight away

Not yet, but will be looking to over the weekend. I'm not a massive fan of Maiden (more Metallica/Megadeth) but do have a few of the older albums. I first started listening to them on the Fear of the Dark tour (must be 20 years ago).

I'm the same with new albums, it has to be exceptional for me to take to it straight away!

Metal fans on 22:23 - Aug 28 with 4229 viewsBLAZE

Ah fair enough. If you're more into the older stuff this may not grab you

Looking forward to the new Megadeth album. I've enjoyed the last two but not to the extent of System Has Failed - United Abominations - Endgame, which were brilliant imo. Prefer them to their earlier stuff actually
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 22:26]
Metal fans on 22:29 - Aug 28 with 4223 viewsDan_Swan

I'll give the album a chance. No doubt about that! As for Megadeth they have definitely gotten better with age, they were very raw in the 80's but started to get better from Youthanasia onwards!

Metal fans on 10:06 - Aug 29 with 4173 viewsorion3016

Metal fans on 22:29 - Aug 28 by Dan_Swan

I'll give the album a chance. No doubt about that! As for Megadeth they have definitely gotten better with age, they were very raw in the 80's but started to get better from Youthanasia onwards!

Megadeth hammy odeon 1988 so far so good so what.... Up there in my top 5 gigs

Be over there now after

Metal fans on 13:16 - Aug 29 with 4154 viewsDr_Winston

Bruce's voice is starting to sound a little ragged these days. Liking what I've heard so far though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Metal fans on 11:50 - Sep 4 with 4056 viewsDarran

I'm not a massive Maiden fan but there's a track on this album called The Red And The Black that could go down in history as one of the greatest rock tracks of all time.
Seriously what a f*cking track.

Metal fans on 14:17 - Sep 4 with 4029 viewsItchySphincter

Metal fans on 13:16 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

Bruce's voice is starting to sound a little ragged these days. Liking what I've heard so far though.

Reckons he got cancer from giving oral sex.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Metal fans on 15:20 - Sep 4 with 4015 viewsBLAZE

Metal fans on 14:17 - Sep 4 by ItchySphincter

Reckons he got cancer from giving oral sex.

I listened to the interview that started off all that talk and he never said that at all. The virus that caused his type of cancer (HPV) can be commonly found in the cervix or something (and 80% of people carry it with no ill effects), but he questioned that if it was connected to oral sex as some people suggest, why are only men at higher risk of this type of throat cancer and not lesbians too? It's been taken out of proportion as was probably the case when Michael Douglas claimed the same thing too
Metal fans on 15:52 - Sep 4 with 3998 viewsDarran

They're going to be playing the 18 minute track on Planet Rock shortly.

Metal fans on 17:35 - Sep 4 with 3968 viewsItchySphincter

Metal fans on 15:20 - Sep 4 by BLAZE

I listened to the interview that started off all that talk and he never said that at all. The virus that caused his type of cancer (HPV) can be commonly found in the cervix or something (and 80% of people carry it with no ill effects), but he questioned that if it was connected to oral sex as some people suggest, why are only men at higher risk of this type of throat cancer and not lesbians too? It's been taken out of proportion as was probably the case when Michael Douglas claimed the same thing too

Same virus that causes cervical cancer apparently. When I first heard about it I thought he'd been smoking some pole, which surprised me somewhat.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024