Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread 10:53 - Jul 31 with 17985 viewsPhil_S

The Liberty Stadium, Saturday August 1st 2015, Kick Off 5.30pm

v

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:02 - Aug 1 with 2483 viewssomersetsimon

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:29 - Aug 1 by everytimeref

I wondered if the slow tempo was deliberate given it's Chelsea away next week. Reminded me very much of Arsenal away last season.

Overall,

Shelvey was good first half.
Ki tidied up a lot of the loose play and got himself forward a few times.
Siggy looked lively.
Montero as usual looked a handful but the final ball was frustrating at times.
Gomis put himself about but Eder looked livelier when he came on.
Tabanou looked promising going forward but difficult to say defensively as they were content to sit behind the ball and look to hit us on the break.
Expected more from Ayew difficult to judge on such a lacklustre team lerformance.

After the Villareal game last year I was worried. This time not worried just a bit underwhelmed. Hopefully they repeat last year's opener and surprise us all
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 20:33]

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:06 - Aug 1 with 2441 viewscsf

Can anyone fill me in as to what that kerfuffle second half was all about? It didnt seem to die down the way they normally do, and when theirkeeper ran the length of the pitch to get involved during a friendly, it raises questions!
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:18 - Aug 1 with 2351 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:06 - Aug 1 by csf

Can anyone fill me in as to what that kerfuffle second half was all about? It didnt seem to die down the way they normally do, and when theirkeeper ran the length of the pitch to get involved during a friendly, it raises questions!

There had been a bit of a scramble in our area and Deporta were claiming that Frank T had blocked a shot with his hand - at least that's the way I interpreted things. I seem to remember a sharp save from Fab in the sequence of events as well.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 21:19]
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:20 - Aug 1 with 2322 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:34 - Aug 1 by Oldjack

13000 + says that's good for a friendly

Yes, excellent turnout I reckon.

Pretty much agree with what's been said. Jonjo ran the first half imo, covered every blade of grass. Siggy's class showed when he came on. Ayew started brightly, missed a sitter on 5 mins and was hardly in the game afterwards. He looks strong but doesn't look like a flyer at all. Early days though obviously, but on this performance hard to see how he'd be a guaranteed started ahead of Routs or Jeff.

Tabanou I thought had the best debut - look liked he belonged and worked great with Jeff. Comfy on the ball, no panic, gets forward, decent left peg, strong in the tackle (although only had a few to make). Think Tayls' place could be under threat. Some nice touches from Eder, turned his man a beaut a couple of times. Seems to like drifting out to the channels and touchline. Not clear yet what his goal threat will be like.

Based on that, my home team against the power sides would be:

Fab
Rangel FF Ash Taby
Jack Jonjo
Routs Siggy Jeff
Gomis

I suspect Naughton will be first choice though, I think that's obviously. And I suspect Ayew will get the nod, not sure who I'd drop though.

Garry's got some genuine options now.
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:21 - Aug 1 with 2304 viewsStarsky

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:51 - Aug 1 by AnotherJohn

You dullards don't seem to recognise a tongue-in-cheek remark (re Huw if you can't work it out) when you see one, but I still think our team deserves more support.

I see Sinclair scored a hat-trick for Villa today.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 21:01]

You're the dullard if you think you can claim to be tongue in cheek & mean what you say regarding your ridiculous statement.
The club deserved a better crowd? Give me strength.

It's just the internet, init.

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:46 - Aug 1 with 2149 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:21 - Aug 1 by Starsky

You're the dullard if you think you can claim to be tongue in cheek & mean what you say regarding your ridiculous statement.
The club deserved a better crowd? Give me strength.

As usual we don't get far into a thread without you and your ilk sniping at others. Wouldn't it be better if instead of that tedious nitpicking you actually composed something original. To parse my post for those too slow to follow it (a) I think the attendance was disappointing given La Liga opposition and (b) I added a joking reference to what Huw might think. The crap you post is what drives people away from this board.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 21:47]
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:52 - Aug 1 with 2112 viewsDull1Thomas

From tonight and the some of the other pre-season games my take is as follows.
(Deportivo a workmanlike team but little quality. Both teams should have had a penalty but neither looked like scoring.)

A decent run out but difficult to tell much other than we look like playing 4 - 1 - 4 -1
Siggy FF Ash Cork (Jack being used as a target from corners) & Bafe pick themselves. (So too Ki who tbh looked dangerous going forward but he lost the ball quite regularly tonight.)
All my comments are made under the heading 'it was only a friendly'
I suspect Naughton will continue as first choice but I would still be looking to Rangel. Almost all (not a lot) of Deportivo's chances came from the left with Naughton too easily beaten
Taylor or Tab? Little in it so Taylor given he's in possession and knows the team - but watch this space.
Shelvey ot Siggy? Jonjo - just. After giving the ball away from the kick off he improved with a busy performance which provided a little more in the final third than Siggy's second half efforts. Wayward passing, inaccurate shooting and being left up field were evident again form JS but GS wasn't an improvement. Both put themselves about a bit.
Routledge or Ayew? I suspect AA will get booked in the Prem ... a lot. Didn't impress enough to start so it's Routledge for me v Chelsea.
Montero or ?? Dyer - Still coming out of off season Jeff's touches let him down bit but really was the only player to inject real excitement. Montero has the place provided he's match fit.
Given lack of preparation I have a sneaking suspicion that Monk might bench Jeff and either go for Ayew & Routledge with Ki & Jonjo or to fit in the regular Routledge, Ki, Jonjo & Siggy.
Eder is new and getting used to everyone and new systems but i hope Bafe stays fit. On what I have seen so far the question (for me) is Emnes or Eder on the bench.

It's only preseason but still some concern about where our goals will come from.

For Chelsea

Fab
Naughton FF Ash Taylor
Cork
Routledge JJS Siggy Ki
Bafe

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:57 - Aug 1 with 2079 viewsTrundle10

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:52 - Aug 1 by Dull1Thomas

From tonight and the some of the other pre-season games my take is as follows.
(Deportivo a workmanlike team but little quality. Both teams should have had a penalty but neither looked like scoring.)

A decent run out but difficult to tell much other than we look like playing 4 - 1 - 4 -1
Siggy FF Ash Cork (Jack being used as a target from corners) & Bafe pick themselves. (So too Ki who tbh looked dangerous going forward but he lost the ball quite regularly tonight.)
All my comments are made under the heading 'it was only a friendly'
I suspect Naughton will continue as first choice but I would still be looking to Rangel. Almost all (not a lot) of Deportivo's chances came from the left with Naughton too easily beaten
Taylor or Tab? Little in it so Taylor given he's in possession and knows the team - but watch this space.
Shelvey ot Siggy? Jonjo - just. After giving the ball away from the kick off he improved with a busy performance which provided a little more in the final third than Siggy's second half efforts. Wayward passing, inaccurate shooting and being left up field were evident again form JS but GS wasn't an improvement. Both put themselves about a bit.
Routledge or Ayew? I suspect AA will get booked in the Prem ... a lot. Didn't impress enough to start so it's Routledge for me v Chelsea.
Montero or ?? Dyer - Still coming out of off season Jeff's touches let him down bit but really was the only player to inject real excitement. Montero has the place provided he's match fit.
Given lack of preparation I have a sneaking suspicion that Monk might bench Jeff and either go for Ayew & Routledge with Ki & Jonjo or to fit in the regular Routledge, Ki, Jonjo & Siggy.
Eder is new and getting used to everyone and new systems but i hope Bafe stays fit. On what I have seen so far the question (for me) is Emnes or Eder on the bench.

It's only preseason but still some concern about where our goals will come from.

For Chelsea

Fab
Naughton FF Ash Taylor
Cork
Routledge JJS Siggy Ki
Bafe

agree with that
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 22:17 - Aug 1 with 2004 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:45 - Aug 1 by AnotherJohn

The PA said under 13K. I think that is poor for a team that was 8th in the PL last season. Would have been good back in the Vetch days admittedly. The North was empty as far as I could see and the South not much better.

Nice to disagree with you on the odd occasion A J :-) I thought it was a decent crowd and around what we normally would expect for a friendly. Normally only the West and East stands are open as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 22:26 - Aug 1 with 1945 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 20:16 - Aug 1 by ItchySphincter

Sigurdsson made a difference when he came on. Gomis looked pretty sharp and keen, Jeff was Jeff, Cork has a funny run. Jonjo tried and did some good things but needed to be re-calibrated. It was as dull a friendly as can be imagined.

I disagree. I enjoyed the game. It was made more interesting by the oppo giving it a slightly Stoke type approach rather than it being all love and peace that you tend to get in friendlies.
I am not too concerned about not scoring either. They came to defend and with the tiniest bit of luck we could have won by 2or 3. Fab made one excellent save but other than that had nothing to do expect gather a few crosses and shepherd a couple of shots passed his goal.
Looking forward to Chelski. :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 22:26 - Aug 1 with 1943 viewsrossshaw

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:46 - Aug 1 by AnotherJohn

As usual we don't get far into a thread without you and your ilk sniping at others. Wouldn't it be better if instead of that tedious nitpicking you actually composed something original. To parse my post for those too slow to follow it (a) I think the attendance was disappointing given La Liga opposition and (b) I added a joking reference to what Huw might think. The crap you post is what drives people away from this board.

Don't worry John, we love you :)

Trundle could still do a job..

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 00:19 - Aug 2 with 1718 viewsJackFish

Five years ago we were averaging 15k in the Championship, so I'm not sure on what planet 13k for a friendly is now considered a poor crowd.

Thought Shelvey was excellent first half, Montero looked very lively when he came on and was impressed with Tabanou as well. Eder showed some decent touches in his limited time on the pitch. I'm guessing we'll go with the starting 11 for today against Chelsea, perhaps the thinking being that Routs is better defensively than Montero? Was pretty underwhelmed with Ayew today but would be surprised if he didn't start next week.
Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 00:34 - Aug 2 with 1700 viewsjacktar

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:20 - Aug 1 by LeonisGod

Yes, excellent turnout I reckon.

Pretty much agree with what's been said. Jonjo ran the first half imo, covered every blade of grass. Siggy's class showed when he came on. Ayew started brightly, missed a sitter on 5 mins and was hardly in the game afterwards. He looks strong but doesn't look like a flyer at all. Early days though obviously, but on this performance hard to see how he'd be a guaranteed started ahead of Routs or Jeff.

Tabanou I thought had the best debut - look liked he belonged and worked great with Jeff. Comfy on the ball, no panic, gets forward, decent left peg, strong in the tackle (although only had a few to make). Think Tayls' place could be under threat. Some nice touches from Eder, turned his man a beaut a couple of times. Seems to like drifting out to the channels and touchline. Not clear yet what his goal threat will be like.

Based on that, my home team against the power sides would be:

Fab
Rangel FF Ash Taby
Jack Jonjo
Routs Siggy Jeff
Gomis

I suspect Naughton will be first choice though, I think that's obviously. And I suspect Ayew will get the nod, not sure who I'd drop though.

Garry's got some genuine options now.

Agree with most of that but not sure why you would start with Rangel when Naughton's fit. Thought he looked excellent today.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 03:10 - Aug 2 with 1602 viewsStarsky

Swansea City v Deportivo La Coruna - The Official Match Thread on 21:46 - Aug 1 by AnotherJohn

Ah yes. It's all down to me.
You were the one to jump in with the insults, so have a look at yourself first.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024