Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew and Monterro 19:29 - Aug 1 with 2590 viewsdeanscfc

Will Ayew play in the right if Monterro starts?

For me Monterro is at least one of our best players, if not the best. He constantly creates chances and should always start if fit. The idea of using him as an impact player seems ridiculous..he's to good for that.
Ayew and Monterro on 20:16 - Aug 1 with 2483 viewsOldjack

You can;t leave this guy on the bench, he wreaks of serious danger, my only surprise is we've not had a bid for him ,he's pure class

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Ayew and Monterro on 20:32 - Aug 1 with 2436 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I didn't see the game today obviously, but I think the plan is to move Montero to the right when he's playing with Ayew.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 20:35]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Ayew and Monterro on 20:39 - Aug 1 with 2409 viewsmidswan

discipline and product ?
Ayew and Monterro on 21:20 - Aug 1 with 2266 viewsTrundle10

Ayew was underwhelming for me. I know it was a friendly but he does not look any better than anything we already have and if others had put in the same shift then the obituaries would already be written.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 21:33]
Ayew and Monterro on 21:22 - Aug 1 with 2244 viewsmidswan

but he's the messiah !!
Ayew and Monterro on 21:22 - Aug 1 with 2243 viewsLeonisGod

Ayew and Monterro on 20:32 - Aug 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

I didn't see the game today obviously, but I think the plan is to move Montero to the right when he's playing with Ayew.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 20:35]

Doubt it. Jeff's completely 1 sided. He played on the left today, Ayew on the right cutting inside. Doesn't look like Ayew is the type to get to the byeline, and as Jeff is it would be madness to swap him. Ayew looks more like a slower Routs type to me.
Ayew and Monterro on 21:23 - Aug 1 with 2229 viewsStarsky

Ayew and Monterro on 21:20 - Aug 1 by Trundle10

Ayew was underwhelming for me. I know it was a friendly but he does not look any better than anything we already have and if others had put in the same shift then the obituaries would already be written.

You're making your mind up on players based on a glorified training session?
Feck me. Dullard is the word of the day around here.
I'm getting out of here before I get a headache.

It's just the internet, init.

Ayew and Monterro on 21:26 - Aug 1 with 2212 viewsLeonisGod

Ayew and Monterro on 21:20 - Aug 1 by Trundle10

Just what I thought, although I'd hyped him up in my head too much beforehand. Early days yet of course, so once he's settled hopefully we'll see his class. He looks strong and has quick feet and decent vision. Didn't seem to have much pace, or not the type of player to take on his man as Jeff and Dyer do. I reckon Garry's going to have a bit of a job finding his best position for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Ayew and Monterro on 21:30 - Aug 1 with 2183 viewsSenhin

Ayew and Monterro on 21:22 - Aug 1 by LeonisGod

Doubt it. Jeff's completely 1 sided. He played on the left today, Ayew on the right cutting inside. Doesn't look like Ayew is the type to get to the byeline, and as Jeff is it would be madness to swap him. Ayew looks more like a slower Routs type to me.

Except we played Jeff on the right a handfull of times near the end of last season

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Ayew and Monterro on 21:34 - Aug 1 with 2161 viewsTrundle10

Ayew and Monterro on 21:23 - Aug 1 by Starsky

You're making your mind up on players based on a glorified training session?
Feck me. Dullard is the word of the day around here.
I'm getting out of here before I get a headache.

No, I am giving my opinion based on what was in front of me and not a players Wiki page.
Ayew and Monterro on 21:36 - Aug 1 with 2143 viewsLeonisGod

Ayew and Monterro on 21:30 - Aug 1 by Senhin

Except we played Jeff on the right a handfull of times near the end of last season

Did we? I must have missed those then. He's best on the left.
Ayew and Monterro on 21:59 - Aug 1 with 2075 viewsDull1Thomas

Ayew and Monterro on 21:34 - Aug 1 by Trundle10

No, I am giving my opinion based on what was in front of me and not a players Wiki page.

With you on this. We can only go on what we see and tonight Ayew was less convincing than Routledge and no more effective than Dyer. I've jotted somewhere else that I think referees will be keeping a close eye on him.
Also thought Eder was in the same category as Emnes.

Based on tonight's game.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Ayew and Monterro on 23:15 - Aug 1 with 1920 viewsbargoedjack

On today's game, Routs and Montero were our most threatening looking wingers ... having said that, Ayew got himself into some great positions for scoring - and in last week's friendly he scored one and should have scored another ...

So for me, I think I'd persevere with Ayew (Right) and Montero (Left) ... Ayew seemed to improve in the second half ... he's still settling in ...
Ayew and Monterro on 09:34 - Aug 2 with 1607 viewsLeonisGod

Ayew and Monterro on 23:15 - Aug 1 by bargoedjack

On today's game, Routs and Montero were our most threatening looking wingers ... having said that, Ayew got himself into some great positions for scoring - and in last week's friendly he scored one and should have scored another ...

So for me, I think I'd persevere with Ayew (Right) and Montero (Left) ... Ayew seemed to improve in the second half ... he's still settling in ...

Yes, I'd agree with that. He was arriving in the box in a way that Routs and Jeff don't. They are very different players - Ayew could be very suited to the narrow midfield we sometimes go with. But, yep very early days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024