Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swales pitch 15:14 - Aug 2 with 1865 viewsperchrockjack

This is gonna be big trouble..

More points deducted.?

Dig the fookn patch up and play at St helens

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swales pitch on 15:16 - Aug 2 with 1851 viewsperchrockjack

Crowd seem dead from the neck up.

Bored or disinterested

Swales pitch on 15:23 - Aug 2 with 1833 viewsexiledclaseboy

That's a ridiculous decision. Glamorgan batted 50 overs on that pitch and now it has a bit of unpredictable bounce the game's off? Massive overreaction from the umpires.

Poll: Tory leader

Swales pitch on 15:24 - Aug 2 with 1828 viewsperchrockjack

In days of yore they managed with uncovered pitches.

Glam my didn't manage a wicket too..

Still, these days ,it's a big bag for glam my to carry

Swales pitch on 16:03 - Aug 2 with 1760 viewsdickythorpe

Shambles
Swales pitch on 16:31 - Aug 2 with 1706 viewsCooperman

All the more remarkable considering there was an Ashes test there just a few weeks back. Someone deserves an ar5e kicking for that today.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swales pitch on 16:38 - Aug 2 with 1690 viewsperchrockjack

Fans robbed, TV People annoyed and players left frustrated.

Something not right

Swales pitch on 16:56 - Aug 2 with 1668 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swales pitch on 16:38 - Aug 2 by perchrockjack

Fans robbed, TV People annoyed and players left frustrated.

Something not right

Hugh Morris was quick to confirm that all paying customers would get a full refund. They should ask the umpires to contribute. Sky only turned up last minute cos the Test match finished early.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 17:01]

Swales pitch on 17:57 - Aug 2 with 1582 viewsperchrockjack

Fans robbed of a game especially kids taken for the first time.

Explain this to a kid.

Sky? Well it MAKES GLAMORGAN look dicks

Login to get fewer ads

Swales pitch on 18:54 - Aug 2 with 1528 viewsKilkennyjack

Glamorgan is now really cardiff cricket club and its sumply not the same. I dont care how they get on.

Beware of the Risen People

Swales pitch on 19:01 - Aug 2 with 1508 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swales pitch on 17:57 - Aug 2 by perchrockjack

Fans robbed of a game especially kids taken for the first time.

Explain this to a kid.

Sky? Well it MAKES GLAMORGAN look dicks

I still think there was no need to abandon the game but yeah, it doesn't make Glamorgsn look good regardless.

Swales pitch on 19:08 - Aug 2 with 1491 viewsperchrockjack

Agree.
Surelyan intrinsic part of this great game is the variance of pitches.

Otherwise ,bowlers would be the same.

If you think about it, Perth is always dangerous given its hardness and it's often to humid to play at the Gabba.

Maybe Durham is too near the arctic circles.

Madness

Swales pitch on 13:19 - Aug 4 with 1313 viewsCountyJim

Swales pitch on 15:23 - Aug 2 by exiledclaseboy

That's a ridiculous decision. Glamorgan batted 50 overs on that pitch and now it has a bit of unpredictable bounce the game's off? Massive overreaction from the umpires.

After what happened to Phil Hughes its understandable after all its only a game
Swales pitch on 13:23 - Aug 4 with 1305 viewsCountyJim

Swales pitch on 13:31 - Aug 4 with 1298 viewsPrivate_Partz

Good point about St Helens. Why couldn't they just move over to another strip where the ball does not move so fast and no one gets a knock on the bonce? Or water the existing strip to slow it down a bit. ;-)
I am blissfully ignorant of cricket but there seems to be a whole lot of BS surrounding the game and 'experts' who (like me) have not got a clue about what is going on.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swales pitch on 13:35 - Aug 4 with 1291 viewsCountyJim

Swales pitch on 13:31 - Aug 4 by Private_Partz

Good point about St Helens. Why couldn't they just move over to another strip where the ball does not move so fast and no one gets a knock on the bonce? Or water the existing strip to slow it down a bit. ;-)
I am blissfully ignorant of cricket but there seems to be a whole lot of BS surrounding the game and 'experts' who (like me) have not got a clue about what is going on.

Has to be finished on same strip thats the laws of the game
Swales pitch on 13:42 - Aug 4 with 1286 viewsperchrockjack

Bradman ,the greatest by a country mile, smashed thousands of runs to all areas on uncovered bad pitches with minimal protection and not even a helmet. Think about that one.

Hammond, Sutcliffe,Hobbs, Grace etc etc the same

Even in the sixties the likes of Sobers wasn't too bothered about what pitch was doing.

Seem to recall VIV Richards destroying bowles regularly on pitches of uneven bounce.

CARDIFF wasn't a good itch but to abandon ? seems very harsh but they need to up their game- so to speak

Swales pitch on 13:46 - Aug 4 with 1280 viewsJackSomething

Swales pitch on 13:42 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

Bradman ,the greatest by a country mile, smashed thousands of runs to all areas on uncovered bad pitches with minimal protection and not even a helmet. Think about that one.

Even in the sixties the likes of Sobers wasn't too bothered about what pitch was doing.

Seem to recall VIV Richards destroying bowles regularly on pitches of uneven bounce.

CARDIFF wasn't a good itch but to abandon ? seems very harsh but they need to up their game- so to speak

I'm no cricket expert, but wouldn't the bowlers back then have been a lot less fit than today and bowling at slower speeds?

Either way, this has not been a good year for Sophia Gardens and Glamorgan in terms of news stories.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swales pitch on 13:47 - Aug 4 with 1279 viewsCountyJim

Swales pitch on 13:42 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

Said before its all about coaching I never had helmet was always coached as a kid to keep your eye on the ball even if it was coming at your head nowadays they tend to duck and hope because they think they will be safe with a helmet
Swales pitch on 13:52 - Aug 4 with 1272 viewsperchrockjack

NOT AS FIT? true

less fast bowling?

Don't want to embarrass you today but check out the Bodyline tour and Larwood/Voce.

Lindwall in the thirties was lethal as was Keith Miller in the fifties as well as Frank Tyson and Im sure Fred TRUEMAN will hunt you from his grave for suggesting he wasn't as fast.

The protection batsman have now CAN lead to bad technique as they feel safer when it would be better if they learned to play a short ball better for example.

If you can, check out Alvin Kallicharan smashing Dennie LILLEE all over a poor pitch in the face of relentless aggression . CLASSIC techinique. Alvin was 5 ft 4" tall.

Swales pitch on 14:05 - Aug 4 with 1251 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swales pitch on 13:35 - Aug 4 by CountyJim

Has to be finished on same strip thats the laws of the game

Start again then :-) Only joking I know eff all about it.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swales pitch on 14:11 - Aug 4 with 1242 viewsJackSomething

Swales pitch on 13:52 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

NOT AS FIT? true

less fast bowling?

Don't want to embarrass you today but check out the Bodyline tour and Larwood/Voce.

Lindwall in the thirties was lethal as was Keith Miller in the fifties as well as Frank Tyson and Im sure Fred TRUEMAN will hunt you from his grave for suggesting he wasn't as fast.

The protection batsman have now CAN lead to bad technique as they feel safer when it would be better if they learned to play a short ball better for example.

If you can, check out Alvin Kallicharan smashing Dennie LILLEE all over a poor pitch in the face of relentless aggression . CLASSIC techinique. Alvin was 5 ft 4" tall.

I admitted I'm no cricket expert and the day has yet to come when you've embarrassed me Perch. :-)

I know a bit about Bodyline and the history there. What I'm getting at is do we know the speeds they were bowling at back then? I know the fast bowlers of today exceed 90mph and I expect the fearsome West Indies attack got up there too.

If they could consistently bowl as fast then as they do now, then the batsmen who were crazy enough to face them without helmets deserve immense respect. It would also be amazing that there was not more serious injuries/deaths.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swales pitch on 14:12 - Aug 4 with 1242 viewsCountyJim

Swales pitch on 13:52 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

NOT AS FIT? true

less fast bowling?

Read Larwoods autobiography amazing story and some say he was the fastest bowler ever and drank three pints every lunch break
Swales pitch on 17:02 - Aug 4 with 1157 viewsperchrockjack

Well, the point was made about bowlers of yore bowling slower. Anyway.

Yep, protection was just a box, so wasn't really considered brave as such just the game played,which you played without moaning.

Recall Brian Close being brought back in his late 40s to show the young bloods how to deal with Jeff Thompson which is Close case was to simply let the ball hit his body .HE ended up black and blue.

All the great batsmen knew how to handle difficult pitches of uneven bounce which makes BRADMAN S record all the more remarkable.

Finally, I well remember Hall and Griffith (an evil fooker) bowling all sorts at Bernard Hedges and Alan Jones at St Helens which was often a little tricky.

So there, we all kept face in that little exchange

Swales pitch on 20:24 - Aug 4 with 1108 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swales pitch on 13:19 - Aug 4 by CountyJim

After what happened to Phil Hughes its understandable after all its only a game

Yet there was no suggestion of there being anything wrong with the pitch they were using when Hughes died. His death was a tragic, freak accident and shouldn't be used to justify someone bitching every time a ball rears up off a length.

Swales pitch on 13:01 - Aug 5 with 1023 viewsCountyJim

Swales pitch on 20:24 - Aug 4 by exiledclaseboy

Yet there was no suggestion of there being anything wrong with the pitch they were using when Hughes died. His death was a tragic, freak accident and shouldn't be used to justify someone bitching every time a ball rears up off a length.

So the umpires stayed on then next ball takes someone out you and others would be saying these umpires where at fault they should have stopped play

They cant win

Im an official in two sports and your first thoughts are player safety
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024