Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk won't tolerate sulking 22:49 - Aug 2 with 2112 viewsDarran

And rightly so.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swansea-boss-garry-monk-wont-6183354

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 23:54 - Aug 2 with 1961 viewsPozuelosSideys

Monk is learning this managerial game very quickly.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 00:22 - Aug 3 with 1915 viewsskippyjack

Do footballers actually sulk?.. these multi millionaire footballers with model girlfriends actually start sulking... it's alright lads.. she'll console you ...

I can see them now.. storming out after being dropped.. pulls up to their mansion in a 'merc'.. opens the door.. sits down on their incredible sinking sofa's.. getting their universal remote and switching on their 85 inch Apple TV with blinds.. sulking how terrible and unfair 'life' is.. with their model girlfriend serving them incredible rich and nutritional goodness in her 'gym' bottoms..

Give them a slap Garry ffs.. they're living in a dreamworld.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 00:39 - Aug 3 with 1888 viewsPozuelosSideys

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 00:22 - Aug 3 by skippyjack

Do footballers actually sulk?.. these multi millionaire footballers with model girlfriends actually start sulking... it's alright lads.. she'll console you ...

I can see them now.. storming out after being dropped.. pulls up to their mansion in a 'merc'.. opens the door.. sits down on their incredible sinking sofa's.. getting their universal remote and switching on their 85 inch Apple TV with blinds.. sulking how terrible and unfair 'life' is.. with their model girlfriend serving them incredible rich and nutritional goodness in her 'gym' bottoms..

Give them a slap Garry ffs.. they're living in a dreamworld.

Despie what a lot of them get paid, i dont think its entirely about the coin. Some of them are professional enough to want a career and to be playing games.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 01:11 - Aug 3 with 1843 viewsDull1Thomas

Strange that Gylfi was picked out for comment! Both Jonjo and Bafe have had their sulks and seem to have been brought round so it is, hopefully, a short term problem.
Stranger though, is that Monk should start talking to the press about sulking and players going to play tennis.
While he is spot on in his beliefs and stating them forcefully to the players, going public is a bit naive. The boy is still learning.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 06:54 - Aug 3 with 1705 viewsMattG

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 01:11 - Aug 3 by Dull1Thomas

Strange that Gylfi was picked out for comment! Both Jonjo and Bafe have had their sulks and seem to have been brought round so it is, hopefully, a short term problem.
Stranger though, is that Monk should start talking to the press about sulking and players going to play tennis.
While he is spot on in his beliefs and stating them forcefully to the players, going public is a bit naive. The boy is still learning.

Picked out by the Mirror alongside Fabianski and Ki - no names named by Monk himself.

Not as naive as you would like to make out.
Monk won't tolerate sulking on 07:22 - Aug 3 with 1648 viewsSwansNZ

Suggest you read it again.
Retaining Gylfi, Fab and Ki and adding the new signings is showing how strong a squad we have.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 07:29 - Aug 3 with 1627 viewsyescomeon

Think Gylfi was picked out as one of our best players alongside Fabianski and Ki. Based on last season it's hard to disagree.

Upthecity!

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 07:58 - Aug 3 with 1567 viewsmarchamjack

Remember how he balled out JJ in public last season...worked didn't it.

He is not naive at all, he's quietly very shrewd. The same rules do not apply universally to everyone, that thinking is naive and outdated. Some players will need a quiet word, some may need a public airing, depends on the person involved and how Garry sees the situation.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 08:26 - Aug 3 with 1488 viewsDewi1jack

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 07:29 - Aug 3 by yescomeon

Think Gylfi was picked out as one of our best players alongside Fabianski and Ki. Based on last season it's hard to disagree.

Personally reading that, I don't see Garry singling out any individual player.
In fact, the only player I ever remember him singling out for a public bollocking, was JJ.
And I'm guessing sports psychologists advised him to do it, sort of like a last resort. Whatever the reason for going public about JJ, I'm glad as he's really coming up towards the potential he's always shown.
GM strikes me as a person who would rather keep things such as a telling off behind closed doors.
He doesn't even like singling a player out for praise in interviews unless he's asked directly. Sees it as a team winning or losing together

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 10:14 - Aug 3 with 1371 viewsDull1Thomas

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 07:22 - Aug 3 by SwansNZ

Suggest you read it again.
Retaining Gylfi, Fab and Ki and adding the new signings is showing how strong a squad we have.

I was reading from the SEP version

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/8203-Try-tennis-team-says-Swansea-City-b
'Asked specifically about the weekend omission of Sigurdsson, who came on at half-time against Deportivo, Monk said: "I didn't leave anybody out. He played the same minutes as some of the others.'

Monk didn't come out and say Gylfi is a problem and responded well to the question, but it still strikes me as odd that Gylfi, rather than any other, was mentioned by the press. Easier targets for a question about players wanting to play but not given a full game would have been Bafe and Jonjo who have made their frustrations known in the past.
Not the most reliable I know but the local press have been known to pick up the smoke before we see the fire.

This season we have bigger egos, bigger squad, bigger challenge and potentially bigger returns.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 11:13 - Aug 3 with 1275 viewsJackSomething

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 10:14 - Aug 3 by Dull1Thomas

I was reading from the SEP version

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/8203-Try-tennis-team-says-Swansea-City-b
'Asked specifically about the weekend omission of Sigurdsson, who came on at half-time against Deportivo, Monk said: "I didn't leave anybody out. He played the same minutes as some of the others.'

Monk didn't come out and say Gylfi is a problem and responded well to the question, but it still strikes me as odd that Gylfi, rather than any other, was mentioned by the press. Easier targets for a question about players wanting to play but not given a full game would have been Bafe and Jonjo who have made their frustrations known in the past.
Not the most reliable I know but the local press have been known to pick up the smoke before we see the fire.

This season we have bigger egos, bigger squad, bigger challenge and potentially bigger returns.

I'd say the reasons they picked Gylfi out are that he was an automatic first choice last season, he's our most expensive signing (who is still with us), and many people would probably have expected him to start against Chelsea.

Of all the players likely to start at Stamford Bridge, he was the only one on the subs bench for Deportivo. Not surprising that a journo asked a question about that. Bafe and JJS played from the start, so less chance of controversy there.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 12:29 - Aug 3 with 1159 viewsyescomeon

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 08:26 - Aug 3 by Dewi1jack

In fact, the only player I ever remember him singling out for a public bollocking, was JJ.
And I'm guessing sports psychologists advised him to do it, sort of like a last resort. Whatever the reason for going public about JJ, I'm glad as he's really coming up towards the potential he's always shown.
GM strikes me as a person who would rather keep things such as a telling off behind closed doors.
He doesn't even like singling a player out for praise in interviews unless he's asked directly. Sees it as a team winning or losing together

Sorry, I meant by the writer of that article not GM.

Upthecity!

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 12:48 - Aug 3 with 1114 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Monk won't tolerate sulking on 08:26 - Aug 3 by Dewi1jack

True, and Monk confirmed that before he went public about the JJS criticism he said all those things to his face and told him he was going public about it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024