Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? 08:55 - Aug 3 with 6454 viewsPhil_S

Sometimes it is interesting just second guessing what it is that managers say when they say things - Alex Ferguson was a master at it, Arsene Wenger has his moments and Jose Mourinho is....well, let's just say interesting! But was Garry dropping a hint when he talked to the press yesterday about his team selection for Saturday's opener against Chelsea?

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39520/monk-drops-chelsea-

Would You Pick Jonjo Shelvey or Gylfi Sigurdsson Against Chelsea?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 18:40 - Aug 3 with 2673 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 14:44 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Jonjo doesn't work half as hard as Gylfi at pressing the ball, and for every great pass he makes there's still one shocker. Sigurdsson's set plays are also the best chance for us to nick a goal or two.

Jonjo only scores when he can smack one in off someone else's arse, and if we're keeping men back to defend there'll be no one to hit.

Gylfi in front of Ki & Cork for me, no contest. Monk loves Jonjo, though, so he'll drop either Gylfi or Ki to make way.

Jonjo's shots hitting a teammate and going in happened twice last season. Jonjo scored neither - they were credited to Ki and Gomis.

Jonjo did, however, score goals last season and the season before and none of them hit anyone else's arse.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 20:28 - Aug 3 with 2576 viewsNeath_Jack

Go have a look at Roberts posting history. A proper Gylfi fanboy.

Anyway, no contest based on the second half of the season, JJS.

FSG.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 20:59 - Aug 3 with 2532 viewsSwansNZ

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 13:55 - Aug 3 by Robert

He scored 6 in the 24 games he played before he received the red card, 25%
He scored 3 in the 11 games he played after his suspension, 27%.

If the manager does not trust you it is usually better to go. But I think Gylfi will not go because he has said that he loves everything about Swansea.

I guess you’re saying that everyone not in the starting XI on Saturday should ask for a transfer, as Monk obviously does not rate or trust them.

We’d have a pretty small squad.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 23:54 - Aug 3 with 2406 viewsScoobyWho

This is nonsense, both JJS and Gylfi will play along with Cork and Ki.
It's obvious.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 09:40 - Aug 4 with 2280 viewsNookiejack

I would be looking to pick them both. Jonjo had a very good first half verses Deportivo - looked strong and physical and always has the ability to smash one in from long distance. Gyfli for me looked quite sharp and is our key player for us to unlock tight defences.

What doesn't seem to be working is the Gomis/Ayew axis. Gomes' hold-up play was awful - although he did create a big chance for Ayew at start of the match.

I would be tempted to play Ayew instead of Gomis - yes our system does rely on big mobile striker - especially for our get out ball when under the cosh - which you wouldn't get with with AYew. However if Gomis' hold up play continues to be as bad as it was against Deportivo then what have we got to lose by playing Ayew up front.
Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 10:31 - Aug 4 with 2247 viewsJackSomething

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 09:40 - Aug 4 by Nookiejack

I would be looking to pick them both. Jonjo had a very good first half verses Deportivo - looked strong and physical and always has the ability to smash one in from long distance. Gyfli for me looked quite sharp and is our key player for us to unlock tight defences.

What doesn't seem to be working is the Gomis/Ayew axis. Gomes' hold-up play was awful - although he did create a big chance for Ayew at start of the match.

I would be tempted to play Ayew instead of Gomis - yes our system does rely on big mobile striker - especially for our get out ball when under the cosh - which you wouldn't get with with AYew. However if Gomis' hold up play continues to be as bad as it was against Deportivo then what have we got to lose by playing Ayew up front.

I have to say that I didn't notice Gomis' hold-up play being poor against Deportivo. I certainly saw nothing in Ayew's performance that suggested he should play up front instead, especially when that's not his position.

Either way, it's pretty clear that Gomis will be our first-choice striker for the season ahead, barring injury or a catastrophic loss of form. Given how good he looked over the last couple of months of last season, I have no problem with that and am surprised anyone else does.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 10:39 - Aug 4 with 2241 viewsApeShit

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 23:54 - Aug 3 by ScoobyWho

It's obvious.

I think they'll both play to.
Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 14:01 - Aug 4 with 2145 viewsperchrockjack

If both play ,it will give us good options TO get a result we want.

Its TOO early to speculate but they are TWO very good players.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 14:46 - Aug 4 with 2123 viewsJackSomething

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 14:01 - Aug 4 by perchrockjack

If both play ,it will give us good options TO get a result we want.

Its TOO early to speculate but they are TWO very good players.

Be honest Perch, how long did it take you to type that, making sure it was all correct? It's probably your most legible post ever.

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 17:11 - Aug 4 with 2054 viewsperchrockjack

Legible? That s a tap in.

Its simply a puerile riposte to one who is gripping my shite right now and the faux pas was gorged upon within seconds from yours humbly..
Its harder to act a tw@t than it is to be one ;honest

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 17:59 - Aug 4 with 2032 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not sure we will play park the bus on Saturday. One of the few teams who have picked through our defensive set-up twice last season were Chelsea and they did it easily.

Wouldnt suprise me to see us have a fairly attacking line up. Pointless sitting back and waiting for the inevitable; maybe both Shelvey and Gylfi start with Cork sitting behind, Ayew and Montero wide - we need to at least stretch them and get Montero at Ivanovic

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 20:51 - Aug 4 with 1945 viewspencoedjack

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 14:44 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Jonjo doesn't work half as hard as Gylfi at pressing the ball, and for every great pass he makes there's still one shocker. Sigurdsson's set plays are also the best chance for us to nick a goal or two.

Jonjo only scores when he can smack one in off someone else's arse, and if we're keeping men back to defend there'll be no one to hit.

Gylfi in front of Ki & Cork for me, no contest. Monk loves Jonjo, though, so he'll drop either Gylfi or Ki to make way.

Really ?

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 21:35 - Aug 4 with 1915 viewsTrundle10

Jonjo for me. Based on the Deprotivo game. He was streets ahead.
Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 01:37 - Aug 5 with 1823 viewsHip

So am I the only one that thinks they will both start the game?
Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 06:55 - Aug 5 with 1776 viewsSwansNZ

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 01:37 - Aug 5 by Hip

So am I the only one that thinks they will both start the game?

Seeing as a few have already said so, I'd say not.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 07:18 - Aug 5 with 1701 viewsshandyjack

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 23:54 - Aug 3 by ScoobyWho

It's obvious.

is the correct answer, the diamond will be in full use, and i hope it's the most boring game ever and we get a point out of it

Poll: Expectation for the season

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 09:57 - Aug 5 with 1654 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Not sure we were easily beated there last year. The first 30 minutes were they best I have ever seen Swansea play. They had all the play should have been in front by more than the one goal we had. Amat then got injured and we fell apart without him in the second half.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 12:44 - Aug 5 with 1607 viewsJackSomething

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 20:51 - Aug 4 by pencoedjack

Really ?

I will never get tired of watching that. Shocking that it was mostly ignored when it came to Goal of the Season discussions in the media. Far better than Rooney's effort against West Ham (the previous season I think) which everyone creamed themselves over.

Always enjoy the replay from the opposite end of the ground and the Villa fan who jumps up to taunt our fans a split second before the ball hits the net.

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 09:57 - Aug 9 with 1434 viewsPhil_S

Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 13:20 - Aug 3 by Robert

Siggy scored 9 goals and set up 10 last season and finds himself out of the team now. He has done nothing to deserve that.

If I were him I would ask for a transfer because Monk suddenly doesn't trust him.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2015 13:21]

How did your inside knowledge work out yesterday?
Monk Drops Chelsea Selection Hint? on 10:07 - Aug 9 with 1422 viewsDull1Thomas

Jonjo was excellent yesterday ... from the moment Monk was forced to bring on Cork. I was not alone in calling for Siggy to be brought off as he really wasn't on his game and JS was leaving massive gaps between himself (CB) and our defensive 4. Unfortunately it was Ki's injury that promoted the change.
JS is no more a CB than Amat is a left back, so Monk has to decide which 2 of Ki, Shelvey, Gylfi & Grimes start games.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024