Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer business 11:56 - Aug 4 with 7129 viewsDull1Thomas

Having seen some game time I have to say the best bit of business so far is holding on to last season's first choice players.
Our new players are good and improve the squad but haven't as yet set the heart racing.

For me Cork is the signing of 2015 so far. His ventures into attack as well as his bread and butter play could well see him in the England set up if he keeps up his progress.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Summer business on 12:02 - Aug 4 with 6099 viewsApeShit

I think you're right, I don't think we've signed any players that will dislodge our first team but we have definitely improved the strength in depth of the squad.
Summer business on 12:05 - Aug 4 with 6085 viewsLeonisGod

Summer business on 12:02 - Aug 4 by ApeShit

I think you're right, I don't think we've signed any players that will dislodge our first team but we have definitely improved the strength in depth of the squad.

Early days, but for me Tabanou is the pick of the bunch. Looks a real athlete and committed defender, plus gets up and down well. Time I'll tell if his positioning is a solid, but I reckon tayls has a battle on his hands.
Summer business on 12:12 - Aug 4 with 6054 viewsSenhin

I think Tabanou and Ayew are improvements on the first team.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Summer business on 12:16 - Aug 4 with 6027 viewsDull1Thomas

Summer business on 12:12 - Aug 4 by Senhin

Tabanou looks to have different style from Taylor.
But SO FAR Ayew is like an angry Routledge.

I'd be happier with another good striker. Maybe Eder will become that.

Summer business on 12:49 - Aug 4 with 5954 viewsshandyjack

i would bite your hand off for a new striker, i'm not confident in Gomis and i feel we are short a quality CF

Poll: Expectation for the season

Summer business on 12:56 - Aug 4 with 5933 viewsPegojack

Summer business on 12:16 - Aug 4 by Dull1Thomas

Tabanou looks to have different style from Taylor.
But SO FAR Ayew is like an angry Routledge.

I'd be happier with another good striker. Maybe Eder will become that.

Amused by your desciption of Ayew. I've always thought Routs is a skillful player but lacks a bit of 'dog' and determination at the sharp end. Maybe Ayew is what we've been missing?
Summer business on 14:04 - Aug 4 with 5799 viewsJackSomething

Tabanou has been bought to provide competition and depth at left back. Nordfeldt was signed as a backup to a clear first choice, as was Eder. So it's probably correct that they are unlikely to become first-team regulars, although I feel Tabanou may have a good chance of dislodging Taylor.

I think Ayew is the exception though. I admit he didn't set pulses racing against Deportivo, but this is a player with plenty of top level experience and although he came on a 'free', I don't think there's any doubt we've invested heavily in his signing. If he doesn't ultimately provide an upgrade on our other wingers, that'll be a huge disappointment.

Speaking of summer business, I didn't realise that our alleged long-term target Mitrovic was such a nutter:

"I think that Georginio Wijnaldum (or Geordie Wine Gum, as he's been christened) could be one of the signings of the summer, but there is a special place in all of our hearts for a striker who has a reputation for being absolutely bats**t mental.

Mitrovic has scored 36 goals in 69 league games for Anderlecht since moving from Partizan Belgrade in 2013, and scored against both Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League last season. That's the boring bits out of the way.

In May 2014 he head-butted Club Brugge defender Bjorn Engels, after being sent off for allegedly spitting at fans who were insulting him in the reverse fixture. A year earlier he was sent off for violent conduct after striking Neftchi Baku's goalkeeper in the Europa League. He put on weight over summer 2014 after eating too much of his mother's cooking, and celebrates goals by flicking his tongue between his middle and index finger. You wouldn't take him home to meet your mother, but you might do if you knew she was out.

It could go brilliantly or it could be a disaster, but it will always be worth watching. Mitrovic has spoken about following in the footsteps of Alan Shearer at St James' Park. Combine Faustino Asprilla and Temuri Ketsbaia for more likely (and exciting) expectations." (From Football365)

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Summer business on 19:03 - Aug 4 with 5585 viewsBorojack

Summer business on 12:49 - Aug 4 by shandyjack

i would bite your hand off for a new striker, i'm not confident in Gomis and i feel we are short a quality CF

We are a striker short Lambert at 3 million would have been a decent addition.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

Summer business on 19:26 - Aug 4 with 5546 viewsDr_Winston

Summer business on 19:03 - Aug 4 by Borojack

So we'd have signed a 30+ year old striker on a good £30,000 a week to do little but sit on the bench in case both Gomis and Eder got injured.

Triffic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Summer business on 19:39 - Aug 4 with 5527 viewslondonlisa2001

Summer business on 12:02 - Aug 4 by ApeShit

Wouldn't mind betting that Ayew starts on Saturday and that our first choice left back is French within a month or so.
Summer business on 19:52 - Aug 4 with 5507 viewsScoobyWho

Started stronger up front last season.
Stronger now in midfield.
Stronger in defence.

Every game will be 0-0.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Summer business on 20:06 - Aug 4 with 5485 viewsBorojack

Summer business on 19:26 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

So we'd have signed a 30+ year old striker on a good £30,000 a week to do little but sit on the bench in case both Gomis and Eder got injured.

Triffic.

Pullis thought he was worth a punt

Summer business on 20:07 - Aug 4 with 5482 viewsRancid

It has to be Ayew.He'll come good and we'll end up selling him for silly amounts of money in a season or 2.Tabanou ain't gonna come here and play second fiddle to Taylor for long.It's not like a second striker scenario, this guy can play and is first team material from kick off.Taylor will sulk, his agent will tout him about in January and who knows from there after he's been dislodged.All said, he finished last season in great form and our new defensive set up suits him so he'll take some shifting but shift he will eventually as Tabanou looks more than a step in.
Summer business on 20:08 - Aug 4 with 5473 viewsraynor94

Summer business on 19:52 - Aug 4 by ScoobyWho

Started stronger up front last season.
Stronger now in midfield.
Stronger in defence.

Every game will be 0-0.

Yet we scored plenty in the second half of the season with the same personnel, plus we now have Eder and Ayew, we score plenty in my opinion

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Summer business on 20:08 - Aug 4 with 5473 viewsDr_Winston

Summer business on 20:06 - Aug 4 by Borojack

Pullis thought he was worth a punt

With Berahino looking likely to head out the door Pulis needed a striker more than we do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Summer business on 20:21 - Aug 4 with 5448 viewsraynor94

Summer business on 19:03 - Aug 4 by Borojack

Why would he swap Liverpool's bench for ours? he wanted first team football

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Summer business on 20:23 - Aug 4 with 5441 viewsBorojack

Summer business on 20:08 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

With Berahino looking likely to head out the door Pulis needed a striker more than we do.

I just think he represented good value at 3 million.
Would not have broke the bank and would have given us something different.

Summer business on 20:38 - Aug 4 with 5394 viewskarnataka

I thought Tabanou looked like a very good powerful attacking fullback on Saturday and his crossing and deadballs are excellent. However, we've yet to see how he's able to defend consistently when we're seriously under the cosh. Taylor's part in those 6 points backs-to-the-wall defensive displays at Southampton and Arsenal should not be underestimated and it remains to be seen whether or not Franck the Tanck is capable of that. A defender's priority is to defend and he certainly looks physically capable of being a good defender but everything else is in his head.
Summer business on 21:02 - Aug 4 with 5357 viewsDull1Thomas

Summer business on 20:38 - Aug 4 by karnataka

I thought Tabanou looked like a very good powerful attacking fullback on Saturday and his crossing and deadballs are excellent. However, we've yet to see how he's able to defend consistently when we're seriously under the cosh. Taylor's part in those 6 points backs-to-the-wall defensive displays at Southampton and Arsenal should not be underestimated and it remains to be seen whether or not Franck the Tanck is capable of that. A defender's priority is to defend and he certainly looks physically capable of being a good defender but everything else is in his head.

True but the bus parking games didn't just see Taylor putting in outstanding performances - the whole team was defending.
Tabanau for me is already ahead of Taylor in ability it's wether or not he can transfer that to the Premier League and if Taylor will rise to the challenge and improve.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 21:04]

Summer business on 22:43 - Aug 4 with 5242 viewsSS2013

Summer business on 12:12 - Aug 4 by Senhin

Agree

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Summer business on 23:00 - Aug 4 with 5204 viewsskippyjack

Summer business on 19:26 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

Triffic.

That youngster Borre from Deportivo Cali looks the perfect 3rd choice.. poxy FA!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Summer business on 08:34 - Aug 5 with 5035 viewsAnotherJohn

Summer business on 23:00 - Aug 4 by skippyjack

That youngster Borre from Deportivo Cali looks the perfect 3rd choice.. poxy FA!

Indeed. I am another who thinks we need a young striker, but one who has sufficient track record to make us think he could step up straight away if needed. Regarding the 'why would they come to sit on the bench' argument, it isn't just injuries that might be an issue. If it turns out we are not scoring enough goals then the third striker will get his chance. I guess many will say we should wait and see, but there could be some squeaky bums by Xmas if Gomis and Eder don't deliver.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 8:35]
Summer business on 10:05 - Aug 5 with 4943 viewsjasper_T

Not much faith in Oliver McBurnie or Alex Samuel being shown around here. For shame.
Summer business on 10:36 - Aug 5 with 4876 viewsperchrockjack

What should make us want to bother with it all is the fact everything is uncertain and that s great because if everything was nailed on certain then it wouldn't be that interesting.

It could be a truly great season, really outstanding.

Ive no idea

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Summer business on 12:09 - Aug 5 with 4777 viewsJBG

Summer business on 12:05 - Aug 4 by LeonisGod

Early days, but for me Tabanou is the pick of the bunch. Looks a real athlete and committed defender, plus gets up and down well. Time I'll tell if his positioning is a solid, but I reckon tayls has a battle on his hands.

did say when we signed him, a load of the muppets on here dist me,glad to see at least a few on here that know a bit about football
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024