Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier league U-21's 00:27 - Aug 5 with 2383 viewsSwan91

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/REPORT-Yeovil-Town-Swansea-City/story-27544948-d

Would you say premier league youth teams are at a higher level than league 1???

What league would you place our U-21's in?

Losing 3-2 is not a bad result and who knows could've gone another way.
Premier league U-21's on 07:16 - Aug 5 with 2263 viewsEdmundo

League 2 would be interesting, could get quite a few wins, League 1 would see more defeats than wins. Championship, would be difficult to survive.

Interesting thought though👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Premier league U-21's on 10:00 - Aug 5 with 2172 viewsjasper_T

Our youth players are of varying quality to put it politely. The centre-backs last night were an out-of-position Kingsley and Joe Rodon who's still 17 iirc. Owain Jones, Copp, Keston Davies, Dan James etc. are all only just making a step up from U18s.

Hedges was a good player at Orient, the lads who went on loan to Yeovil last season all did well, and we've seen Barrow and Fulton in the first team.

Senior football is a big physical step up no matter who you play in the Football League, but our squad would do well in League 1/2 given time to adjust.
Premier league U-21's on 15:53 - Aug 6 with 1994 viewsSwan91

Premier league U-21's on 07:16 - Aug 5 by Edmundo

League 2 would be interesting, could get quite a few wins, League 1 would see more defeats than wins. Championship, would be difficult to survive.

Interesting thought though👍

I would think that if we didn't loan any players out then our U-21's would probably do pretty well in league 1
Premier league U-21's on 17:48 - Aug 6 with 1937 viewsKilkennyjack

Premier league U-21's on 15:53 - Aug 6 by Swan91

I would think that if we didn't loan any players out then our U-21's would probably do pretty well in league 1

No chance. Would be men vs boys.

Great at u21 level and great to see progress, but in reality we lost to merthyr town pre season.

Beware of the Risen People

Premier league U-21's on 18:02 - Aug 6 with 1925 viewsPrivate_Partz

624 attendance. That pi$$es all over Welsh Premier turnouts. Do we get that many? As regards the lower divisions and standards it would be an interesting comparison in friendlies for instance. I hope I never see the day when Premiership sides foist their reserves on the lower divisions however.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Premier league U-21's on 18:34 - Aug 6 with 1907 viewsjasper_T

Premier league U-21's on 17:48 - Aug 6 by Kilkennyjack

No chance. Would be men vs boys.

Great at u21 level and great to see progress, but in reality we lost to merthyr town pre season.

SWANS U21s (first half): Oliver Davies, Connor Roberts, Aaron Lewis, Tom Holland, Joe Rodon, Keston Davies, Ryan Hedges, Adnan Maric, Owain Jones, Kyle Copp, Dan James.

SWANS U21s (second half): Gregor Zabret, Dan Alfei, Connor Roberts, Sam Evans, Dan Jeffries, Alex Gogic, Stephen Fallon, Tom Dyson, Alex Samuel, Henry Jones, Liam Cullen.

The best u21s were with the first team during pre-season. There's two first year scholars (16 year olds) in that second half side.
Premier league U-21's on 20:38 - Aug 6 with 1843 viewsKilkennyjack

Premier league U-21's on 18:34 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

SWANS U21s (first half): Oliver Davies, Connor Roberts, Aaron Lewis, Tom Holland, Joe Rodon, Keston Davies, Ryan Hedges, Adnan Maric, Owain Jones, Kyle Copp, Dan James.

SWANS U21s (second half): Gregor Zabret, Dan Alfei, Connor Roberts, Sam Evans, Dan Jeffries, Alex Gogic, Stephen Fallon, Tom Dyson, Alex Samuel, Henry Jones, Liam Cullen.

The best u21s were with the first team during pre-season. There's two first year scholars (16 year olds) in that second half side.

Fair enough.

Another reality check though, the only player outside of jazz, ben and joey who has played regular league football at another club on a perm basis is young Gwion edwards.

If our u21s are better than lge 1 and lge 2 sides ....then you might expect a number great than 1.
I do agree though that that figure represents the bad old days, whereas in future hopefully we get a few more through even if not at premier league level - thats a huge ask.

Premier league U-21's on 20:39 - Aug 6 with 1836 viewsSwan91

Premier league U-21's on 18:02 - Aug 6 by Private_Partz

624 attendance. That pi$$es all over Welsh Premier turnouts. Do we get that many? As regards the lower divisions and standards it would be an interesting comparison in friendlies for instance. I hope I never see the day when Premiership sides foist their reserves on the lower divisions however.

I always thought that it would be cool to see Swansea U21's and possibly Cardiff U-21's play in the Welsh premier league. But not sure it's high enough level at the moment. Would be cool if sometime in the future the Welsh league improves enough for them to do it.
Login to get fewer ads

Premier league U-21's on 20:41 - Aug 6 with 1829 viewsSwan91

Premier league U-21's on 20:38 - Aug 6 by Kilkennyjack

Fair enough.

Another reality check though, the only player outside of jazz, ben and joey who has played regular league football at another club on a perm basis is young Gwion edwards.

If our u21s are better than lge 1 and lge 2 sides ....then you might expect a number great than 1.
I do agree though that that figure represents the bad old days, whereas in future hopefully we get a few more through even if not at premier league level - thats a huge ask.

The youth academy hasn't been up long (the upgrade etc) so we probably won't see the true effects of the improvements for another couple of seasons probably. They don't just turn instantly better, the younger ones (u-16''s and lower) will probably be the ones that will see the results we want.

That's why we are buying young players in to fill in the U-21's right now to improve the team.
Premier league U-21's on 21:52 - Aug 6 with 1784 viewsKilkennyjack

Premier league U-21's on 20:41 - Aug 6 by Swan91

The youth academy hasn't been up long (the upgrade etc) so we probably won't see the true effects of the improvements for another couple of seasons probably. They don't just turn instantly better, the younger ones (u-16''s and lower) will probably be the ones that will see the results we want.

That's why we are buying young players in to fill in the U-21's right now to improve the team.

Agreed - we have bought a whole team below first team level including our 3 scots, barrow, grimes, gorre. Mcburnie, holland, gogic, zabret, james and others i cant remember.

I share your optimism that our standards now are improving out of all recognition from 2 years ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024