Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place 07:18 - Aug 5 with 1473 viewsPhil_S

There are probably a reasonable number of people who are surprised that Nathan Dyer is still at the club as we come within three days of the season opener at Chelsea.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39549/dyer-wanting-to-fig
Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 08:03 - Aug 5 with 1421 viewspencoedjack

Good on him .... Will have to up his game to the level of 1st couple of games of last season,he was not up to the required standard for the majority of the previous either.

Hope he makes me eat humble pie.
Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 08:09 - Aug 5 with 1412 viewsjack247

On his day, he can still bring something to the party that none of our other wingers can. The panic he creates in defences when he goes on those pacy, mazy runs is a joy to watch.

When he is off his game though, he becomes a passenger very quickly. Hasn't been consistently on form for quite a while, but if he can get back to his best, he is more than capable of challenging for a starting place.
Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 1256 viewsPrivate_Partz

Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 08:09 - Aug 5 by jack247

On his day, he can still bring something to the party that none of our other wingers can. The panic he creates in defences when he goes on those pacy, mazy runs is a joy to watch.

When he is off his game though, he becomes a passenger very quickly. Hasn't been consistently on form for quite a while, but if he can get back to his best, he is more than capable of challenging for a starting place.

I agree with this and wish him all the very best.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 13:30 - Aug 5 with 1154 viewsMattG

If Nath can build a partnership with Naughton similar to the one he had with Rangel, he might well get back to his best.

He also needs more licence to run beyond the defending fullback when the opportunity comes along - there were times last season when the opposition were really pushed up and we didn't take advantage.

Hope he (and everyone else) has a great season.
Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 16:28 - Aug 5 with 1076 viewsjack247

Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 13:30 - Aug 5 by MattG

If Nath can build a partnership with Naughton similar to the one he had with Rangel, he might well get back to his best.

He also needs more licence to run beyond the defending fullback when the opportunity comes along - there were times last season when the opposition were really pushed up and we didn't take advantage.

That is another big part of it. They had a great understanding, when Rangel started to slow and not overlap quite as often, it impacted on Dyer.

Probably right, getting a good partnership with Naughton is going to be key to whoever plays on our right, if we end up going back to orthodox wingers at all...
Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 16:48 - Aug 5 with 1056 viewssomersetsimon

Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 13:30 - Aug 5 by MattG

Defenders hate players running at them at pace as Dyer still does when he plays. Just the prospect of this probably keeps the defenders on the back foot. However, he seems to have completely lost the ability to beat anyone, so the danger. I agree that it would have been good to see him run behind a defence that's pushing up. I wonder why he was never used in the role behind the striker in our diamond formation. That was always Routledge and I guess now it will be Ayew.
Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 17:01 - Aug 5 with 1037 viewsClinton

Great to have him as a squad player. Does a lot of unsung stuff closing down and tackling back. Cant see him getting a lot of game time, but if he's happy with that, he wont let us down when called upon.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 17:29 - Aug 5 with 1004 viewskarnataka

Nothing would please me more than to see the Dyer we know he can be tormenting opposition fullbacks. He'll have to up his game but Garry knows what he's capable of and hopefully can bring more out of him this season by using him where and when he can be most effective.
Login to get fewer ads

Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 17:49 - Aug 5 with 985 viewsTrundle10

He's not good enough for the Swans mun
Dyer Wanting To Fight For Place on 19:50 - Aug 5 with 917 viewsScoobyWho

Nathan has nothing to lose, he still collects 30 plus grand a week for two years and if it works we get the real Nathan back and if it doesn't he coins in another two and a half million in the meantime.

Tough call Nathan .....

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024