Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official 40 points thread. 22:55 - Aug 7 with 22162 viewsSgorioFruit

Here we go

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Official 40 points thread. on 22:07 - Feb 6 with 2417 viewsDarran

Know what I think people are f*cking nuts.
If we were on 30 points today everyone would be saying we're nearly safe.
We're only 3 points off the amount of points where everyone would be saying we're nearly safe.

God I find Swansea fans so f*cking boring and negative.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official 40 points thread. on 22:10 - Feb 6 with 2397 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official 40 points thread. on 22:07 - Feb 6 by Darran

Know what I think people are f*cking nuts.
If we were on 30 points today everyone would be saying we're nearly safe.
We're only 3 points off the amount of points where everyone would be saying we're nearly safe.

God I find Swansea fans so f*cking boring and negative.

Next week is a huge game for us. 3 points extremely important ahead of 2 tricky games and then followed by 3 of the biggest games we've had since being promoted.
Official 40 points thread. on 22:13 - Feb 6 with 2374 viewsDarran

Official 40 points thread. on 22:10 - Feb 6 by AngelRangelQS

Next week is a huge game for us. 3 points extremely important ahead of 2 tricky games and then followed by 3 of the biggest games we've had since being promoted.

I still don't see that much of a problem between now and the end of the season though.

Official 40 points thread. on 22:21 - Feb 6 with 2354 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official 40 points thread. on 22:13 - Feb 6 by Darran

I still don't see that much of a problem between now and the end of the season though.

I don't think there's too much room for error though. Anything less than 6 points from our next 3 home matches would be disappointing. I think that these are our best chance of getting points on the board... Ideally we don't want to be going places like Stoke, West Ham or even Newcastle needing 3 points which we will have to do unless we can do well in the 'winnable' home games.
Official 40 points thread. on 22:25 - Feb 6 with 2325 viewsDarran

Official 40 points thread. on 22:21 - Feb 6 by AngelRangelQS

I don't think there's too much room for error though. Anything less than 6 points from our next 3 home matches would be disappointing. I think that these are our best chance of getting points on the board... Ideally we don't want to be going places like Stoke, West Ham or even Newcastle needing 3 points which we will have to do unless we can do well in the 'winnable' home games.

I absolutely agree but there's nothing stopping us going to places like you mentioned and getting points though because that's the way we are.

Official 40 points thread. on 22:40 - Feb 6 with 2251 viewsmorningstar

Official 40 points thread. on 22:25 - Feb 6 by Darran

I absolutely agree but there's nothing stopping us going to places like you mentioned and getting points though because that's the way we are.

I'm looking at the fixtures, and TBH i can't see us getting anymore than another 3 points, maybe 5 if we can beat Villa. What do the pessimists think?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Official 40 points thread. on 22:44 - Feb 6 with 2244 viewsDarran

Official 40 points thread. on 22:40 - Feb 6 by morningstar

I'm looking at the fixtures, and TBH i can't see us getting anymore than another 3 points, maybe 5 if we can beat Villa. What do the pessimists think?

lol and thats 5 points from the next two games.

Seriously though I've watched this thread since August and it gets on my tits.

Official 40 points thread. on 22:48 - Feb 6 with 2239 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official 40 points thread. on 22:25 - Feb 6 by Darran

No and I also wouldn't rule out points at Arsenal or Tottenham
Login to get fewer ads

Official 40 points thread. on 22:49 - Feb 6 with 2238 viewsDarran

Official 40 points thread. on 22:48 - Feb 6 by AngelRangelQS

No and I also wouldn't rule out points at Arsenal or Tottenham

Well my friend that might be pushing it a bit but nothing would surprise me.

Official 40 points thread. on 22:54 - Feb 6 with 2226 viewsAngelRangelQS

Official 40 points thread. on 22:49 - Feb 6 by Darran

Well my friend that might be pushing it a bit but nothing would surprise me.

We are due a result at Tottenham.

Wouldn't rule out a draw from one of those two.
Official 40 points thread. on 23:08 - Feb 6 with 2210 viewsmorningstar

Official 40 points thread. on 22:54 - Feb 6 by AngelRangelQS

We are due a result at Tottenham.

Wouldn't rule out a draw from one of those two.

Never won a league match at Everton or Tottenham. One down eh!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Official 40 points thread. on 16:59 - Feb 13 with 2018 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea City 0-1 Southampton

that's still 27 points on the board and 13 to go over the next 12 games.

Just when I thought we could slowly pull away, we get sucked back into the relegation danger area again.

Sunderland and Newcastle are not going to get relegated this season.

still to early to even start predicting things but I reckon Villa and Norwich will go down, and then anyones guess who will join them,
If we get 7 points against Norwich, Villa, Bournemouth in March then we will be on 35 points, one more win elsewhere and I think we will be ok.
HOWEVER
the ball has to end up in the net for us to get points.

Lets just all hope that can happen,
because in football, you win games by putting the ball in the net, and not letting the other team put the ball in the net. Lets just all read this and make our own minds up.

SGORIOFRUIT OUT

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Official 40 points thread. on 17:09 - Feb 13 with 1997 viewsGroo

I know I'll get shot down for this but for the first time I really think we will go down.

I did that prediction tool last month and tried to be very conservative, I ended up with us going down by the narrowest of margins, I was still positive as I knew I had been maybe too conservative in my predictions.

What took us down was the final 7 games, prior to that I had us regularily picking up points and we actually looked quite good with 7 to go.

Today to me was a must win game, I only thought this because we didn;t get the 4 points I expected the previous 2 games, in my prediction the Southampton game was a draw.

With the next two games Arsenal and Spurs away, unless we get a miracle and get a win in those two games, we'll be way behind my prediction at this stage.

I really hope I'm wrong but for the first time I'm thinking we should be seriously planning our Championship squad.

Groo does what Groo does best

Official 40 points thread. on 03:45 - Feb 15 with 1920 viewsStarsky

Official 40 points thread. on 16:59 - Feb 13 by SgorioFruit

Swansea City 0-1 Southampton

that's still 27 points on the board and 13 to go over the next 12 games.

Just when I thought we could slowly pull away, we get sucked back into the relegation danger area again.

Sunderland and Newcastle are not going to get relegated this season.

still to early to even start predicting things but I reckon Villa and Norwich will go down, and then anyones guess who will join them,
If we get 7 points against Norwich, Villa, Bournemouth in March then we will be on 35 points, one more win elsewhere and I think we will be ok.
HOWEVER
the ball has to end up in the net for us to get points.

Lets just all hope that can happen,
because in football, you win games by putting the ball in the net, and not letting the other team put the ball in the net. Lets just all read this and make our own minds up.

SGORIOFRUIT OUT

"Sunderland and Newcastle are not going to get relegated this season."

Sgorio has a crystal ball?

I think Newcastle's defence is a lot worse than ours yes!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 3:45]

It's just the internet, init.

Official 40 points thread. on 05:04 - Feb 15 with 1904 viewsSwansNZ

Official 40 points thread. on 03:45 - Feb 15 by Starsky

He's having a laugh.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official 40 points thread. on 09:06 - Feb 15 with 1823 viewsmax936

Official 40 points thread. on 05:04 - Feb 15 by SwansNZ

He's having a laugh.

l honestly can't see us getting anywhere near 40 pts lm afraid and it all points back to those 4 pts lost at Brom and at home to Palace, l know that's negative, but after my spirits were lifted recently I've got that sinking feeling back, we were god dam awful Saturday

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official 40 points thread. on 09:32 - Feb 15 with 1796 viewsJango

It absolutely baffles me when people say Newcastle and Sunderland will be safe but we'll
B relegated. How can anyone come up with such garbage at this stage? We are 3 points clear of Newcastle and 4 points clear of Sunderland with a much better goal difference than both. This is because we've been better than them until now and there's no suggestion we won't be better until the end of the season! It winds me up how some people are so negative, why bother supporting a team
Official 40 points thread. on 10:17 - Feb 15 with 1775 viewsmax936

Official 40 points thread. on 09:32 - Feb 15 by Jango

It absolutely baffles me when people say Newcastle and Sunderland will be safe but we'll
B relegated. How can anyone come up with such garbage at this stage? We are 3 points clear of Newcastle and 4 points clear of Sunderland with a much better goal difference than both. This is because we've been better than them until now and there's no suggestion we won't be better until the end of the season! It winds me up how some people are so negative, why bother supporting a team

l think it might be because of our last 6 or 7 fixtures, which are difficult to say the least, we can't seem to score either except for the one, Saturday we didn't have a shot on target their keeper could have watched from the stands.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official 40 points thread. on 10:36 - Feb 15 with 1767 viewstrampie

Sunderland and Newcastle are big clubs, Sunderland have apparently spent millions on an attacking midfielder and a centre half, Newcastle have apparently spent millions on the likes of Shelvey and Townsend and got what some say is the best player in the Russian league in on loan.
So you can see why some people take the position that they both can close to gap and get out of the relegation zone.

Swans position in the league will be Swans position in the league after our next two matches which are away to Arsenal and Spurs [we would have played the same amount of home and away games at that point], I will take 1 point out of a possible 6 out of those 2 fixtures.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Official 40 points thread. on 10:42 - Feb 15 with 1759 viewslegoman

Official 40 points thread. on 09:32 - Feb 15 by Jango

I guess its down to desire, and there was precious little of that on display on Saturday against the Saints. For me this has to change, and I suppose folk think Newcastle and Sunderland will be more up for it than we appear to be.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Official 40 points thread. on 10:43 - Feb 15 with 1759 viewsmonmouth

Newcastle have a secret weapon in the Brolly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official 40 points thread. on 10:58 - Feb 15 with 1738 viewsBloodyhills

Official 40 points thread. on 03:45 - Feb 15 by Starsky

I agree with most of what Sgorio said except I think Newcastle look very iffy and probably will go down.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Official 40 points thread. on 18:26 - Feb 15 with 1656 viewsStarsky

Official 40 points thread. on 10:42 - Feb 15 by legoman

I guess its down to desire, and there was precious little of that on display on Saturday against the Saints. For me this has to change, and I suppose folk think Newcastle and Sunderland will be more up for it than we appear to be.

What on earth makes anyone think that Newcastles expensive misfits are up for it?
Did anyone watch them against Chelsea?

It's just the internet, init.

Official 40 points thread. on 18:37 - Feb 15 with 1649 viewsmonmouth

Official 40 points thread. on 18:26 - Feb 15 by Starsky

What on earth makes anyone think that Newcastles expensive misfits are up for it?
Did anyone watch them against Chelsea?

F**k off mun Starsk. Shelvey's just the man I'd want next to me in a dogfight. Look upon his works, ye Swansea, and despair.

Oh no, sorry, that's Shelley.

As you were.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Official 40 points thread. on 19:04 - Feb 17 with 1538 viewsOxfordshire_Jack

Some more stats, this time on how many points you actually need in each year the 20 club Prem was formed.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/mar/290315-relegation-safet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024