Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you swap Gomis for Bony 09:11 - Aug 16 with 10478 viewsdgt73

For me it's a NO

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:15 - Aug 16 with 3641 viewsWhiterockin

We are now set up differently to play to Gomis's strengths., but can easily change back. Purely for the reason that Gomis is a mercenary, I would probably say yes.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:17 - Aug 16 with 3629 viewsNeath_Jack

You'd have to go with the younger man surely? It would be on that basis only for me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:19 - Aug 16 with 3616 viewsdgt73

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:15 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

We are now set up differently to play to Gomis's strengths., but can easily change back. Purely for the reason that Gomis is a mercenary, I would probably say yes.

So Gomis is a mercenary and Bony isn't then ? Is that what you're are saying ?

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:24 - Aug 16 with 3552 viewsDr_Winston

Yes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:25 - Aug 16 with 3487 viewsWhiterockin

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:19 - Aug 16 by dgt73

So Gomis is a mercenary and Bony isn't then ? Is that what you're are saying ?

Yes. Bony signed a new contract with us to give us a better fee before he left to play Champions league football. Gomis would go and kick sand in the dessert if you paid him enough and is always likely to leave for a payday.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:27 - Aug 16 with 3468 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:25 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

Yes. Bony signed a new contract with us to give us a better fee before he left to play Champions league football. Gomis would go and kick sand in the dessert if you paid him enough and is always likely to leave for a payday.

Oh come on now, every player is likely to leave for a payday and if you think any differently then you're being massively naive.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:30 - Aug 16 with 3441 viewsWhiterockin

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:27 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

Oh come on now, every player is likely to leave for a payday and if you think any differently then you're being massively naive.

Take the statement in context. Do you think Bony is a mercenary for leaving us for City. I do not.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:32 - Aug 16 with 3410 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:30 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

Take the statement in context. Do you think Bony is a mercenary for leaving us for City. I do not.

I don't think either of them are. If reports are to be believed, Gomis was offered massive money over the summer to go and kick sand in the desert as you say, and he's still here, knocking the goals in, proving what a classy striker he is.

Login to get fewer ads

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:37 - Aug 16 with 3316 viewsWatchman

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:32 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

I don't think either of them are. If reports are to be believed, Gomis was offered massive money over the summer to go and kick sand in the desert as you say, and he's still here, knocking the goals in, proving what a classy striker he is.

Gomis is still here because the agents and the arabs discovered how much of a hard nosed clever bastud Uncle Huw is ( green smug smiley)

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:37 - Aug 16 with 3314 viewsWhiterockin

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:32 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

I don't disagree that Gomis is a classy striker. But if I remember correctly the reason that he did not leave was that the buying club withdrew their offer.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:37 - Aug 16 with 3314 viewsMrSwerve

Of course we would, ffs.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:41 - Aug 16 with 3293 viewsDr_Winston

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:37 - Aug 16 by Whiterockin

I don't disagree that Gomis is a classy striker. But if I remember correctly the reason that he did not leave was that the buying club withdrew their offer.

With all due respect, nobody knows whether they made a serious offer, we seriously considered it, or whether Gomis would have wanted to go even if we did.

The rest of it is conjecture mostly based on the hissy fits people had when Gomis had a grump last January.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:46 - Aug 16 with 3248 viewsWhiterockin

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:41 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

With all due respect, nobody knows whether they made a serious offer, we seriously considered it, or whether Gomis would have wanted to go even if we did.

The rest of it is conjecture mostly based on the hissy fits people had when Gomis had a grump last January.

Obviously some people do know if an offer was made and if the player wanted to leave. There is much speculation on this board but to say that nobody knows is not a correct fact.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:47 - Aug 16 with 3242 viewsdgt73

Yes I agree. It's funny how fans get all worked up on rumours and speculation.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:50 - Aug 16 with 3205 viewsmonmouth

Bony would still be my choice, mainly because of his link with Sig and I think he will develop further. It's much much closer than I would have dreamt though and I'm quite happy now that we have Gomis as the main man. Lets hope he's still here 1 Sept...;)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:50 - Aug 16 with 3192 viewsTrundle10

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:47 - Aug 16 by dgt73

Yes I agree. It's funny how fans get all worked up on rumours and speculation.

Bony for me if i had to choose between both at optimum form.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:52 - Aug 16 with 3182 viewsWatchman

Gomis said goodbyes to the squad mate he thought he was on his way

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:55 - Aug 16 with 3152 viewssomersetsimon

I reckon that Bony is certainly a better finisher that Gomis, but I think we play better as a team with Gomis.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:55 - Aug 16 with 3152 viewsjack247

Yes.

I can kind of see your point in that Bony wouldn't have the pace or possibly make the intelligent runs that Gomis does for Shelveys through balls, but I'd swap them any day of the week.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:57 - Aug 16 with 3144 viewshobo

Love Gomis, but Bony is on a different level
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:00 - Aug 16 with 3125 viewsNeath_Jack

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:57 - Aug 16 by hobo

Love Gomis, but Bony is on a different level

A different level? No chance. Let's see who scores the most league goals out of the two this season, taking into account appearances made.

If we are talking different levels, then Bony would be scoring, what, 10 goals a season more?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 10:01]

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:01 - Aug 16 with 3118 viewsDr_Winston

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:52 - Aug 16 by Watchman

Gomis said goodbyes to the squad mate he thought he was on his way

According to Alan Parry.

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:03 - Aug 16 with 3104 viewsWatchman

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 09:55 - Aug 16 by somersetsimon

I reckon that Bony is certainly a better finisher that Gomis, but I think we play better as a team with Gomis.

different styles mate Bony told the team get the ball in the box and i will do the rest, Gomis plays off the shoulder and in channels. So unfair to compare but 7 in 8 says the team have sussed things out :)

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:06 - Aug 16 with 3078 viewsjack247

Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:00 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

A different level? No chance. Let's see who scores the most league goals out of the two this season, taking into account appearances made.

If we are talking different levels, then Bony would be scoring, what, 10 goals a season more?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 10:01]

He is on a different level. That's not being disrespectful to Gomis.

They are on the same level when a Champions League club wants to buy him for £25-£30m. By all accounts they could get him for £8m at the moment. He has started the season brilliantly. 2 goals and 2 great performances in 2 games. He may get to Bonys level, but he hasn't yet.
Would you swap Gomis for Bony on 10:07 - Aug 16 with 3071 viewsdgt73

As the saying goes "if it ain't broken don't fix it". If Bony came back tomorrow IMO he'd have to sit on the bench and wait for his chance, just like Gomis did.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024