Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states 17:22 - Aug 26 with 14460 viewsyescomeon

Bonkers, seems like they were killed by a co-worker

https://news.vice.com/article/suspected-virginia-shooter-appears-to-be-tweeting-

Upthecity!

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:10 - Aug 26 with 1437 viewsdgt73

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:07 - Aug 26 by shimmie

But 60% of their total homicides are still commited by guns. Would each and everyone one of those have still been commited if guns had been so readily avaliable? Would they f&ck. So many problems in the USA are down the simple fact that military grade weapons are so easily available.

I dealt with the girl in this article below. Maybe if you saw the damage the bullet had done to her your attitude might change. I hope it would anyway.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/mar/26/three-guilty-shooting-girl-paralysed

I bet most of those were killed by criminals....drug war, gang war etc. the vast majority of yanks who own guns, cause no problems at all.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:13 - Aug 26 with 1433 viewsdgt73

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:10 - Aug 26 by shimmie

hysterical? I'm sitting here calmly pointing out that you're a fu*&ing idiot. One that I did begin to pity a bit, then you used the term PMSL and it was then confirmed to me what a complete cu&t you are.

You've definitely lost the plot and why ? Because someone has a different take on things to you. Do you come from North Korea ? Lol. PMSL. Hysterical.

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:14 - Aug 26 with 1428 viewsdailew

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 21:53 - Aug 26 by icecoldjack

Do you honestly beleive that somebody deranged enough to want to murder 2 people would not if the second amendment was taken away ?

Replace a knife with a car or almost anything you wish, you cant legistate for a madman .

Interesting facts regarding the usa ..

The USA is number 1 in the world for gun ownership .

The USA is number 28 for gun homicide, far behind the likes of Jamaica and many many more.

So it pays to consider the flip side IMO.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-wor

Those two tables will never map exactly. There are other cultural factors involved.
Still puts the US in the top 15%. hardly anything to crow about.

The question is whether changing one thing (gun regulation) would affect the homicide rate.

Perhaps comparing the US with the most similar country (Canada) would give a better idea. Canada has far stricter gun regulation and the homicide rate is a third of the US's.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:16 - Aug 26 with 1425 viewsshimmie

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:13 - Aug 26 by dgt73

You've definitely lost the plot and why ? Because someone has a different take on things to you. Do you come from North Korea ? Lol. PMSL. Hysterical.

I haven't lost the plot, as explained I've dealt with people who've been shot. Maybe if you were exposed to it you might think differently. Or think at all. And in your previous post you proved the point I was trying to make. Yes they were probably shot by criminals. Criminals who have access to military grade weapons. Which is stupid. Not that I expect you to agree.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:22 - Aug 26 with 1414 viewsdgt73

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:16 - Aug 26 by shimmie

I haven't lost the plot, as explained I've dealt with people who've been shot. Maybe if you were exposed to it you might think differently. Or think at all. And in your previous post you proved the point I was trying to make. Yes they were probably shot by criminals. Criminals who have access to military grade weapons. Which is stupid. Not that I expect you to agree.

Ah that explains a lot. There's help out there for you. Hysterical.

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:23 - Aug 26 with 1411 viewsshimmie

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:22 - Aug 26 by dgt73

Ah that explains a lot. There's help out there for you. Hysterical.

jesus christ you truly are an utter cretin. Absolute cu*t of a bloke. I'm done. Night night you fcuktard.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:25 - Aug 26 with 1404 viewsdgt73

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:23 - Aug 26 by shimmie

jesus christ you truly are an utter cretin. Absolute cu*t of a bloke. I'm done. Night night you fcuktard.

Go and have a lay down. I think you need one. Hysterical.

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:26 - Aug 26 with 1399 viewsSwansNZ

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 20:21 - Aug 26 by Flashberryjack

F*ck me!! anything else you want banning ! there's more people killed on motorbikes than killed by guns.
I don't ride a motorbike .....so lets ban them is it ?

I don’t think that is correct actually, and certainly not true that a murderer will chose a motorcycle as his weapon of choice.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:29 - Aug 26 with 1392 viewsDarran

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:23 - Aug 26 by shimmie

I agree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:51 - Aug 26 with 1355 viewsMillJack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:29 - Aug 26 by Darran

I agree.

Yeah, dgt not really covering himself in glory here. I'm not sure how any sane human being can justify the need for any non-military or law enforcement person to own or carry a firearm.

The 2nd amendment was adopted in 1791 and was no doubt relevant at the time, it simply doesn't translate into modern times. It's a bit like that law about shooting a Scotsman within the walls of York being allowed, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow. Hardly relevant in the 21st century is it?

The fact that the 2nd amendment States the following - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - seems to have been lost in the passing of time as well. Pay specific attention to the 1st thirteen words, it makes no reference to people keeping guns for "protection" as seems to be suggested by the NRA.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:52 - Aug 26 with 1355 viewsicecoldjack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:07 - Aug 26 by shimmie

But 60% of their total homicides are still commited by guns. Would each and everyone one of those have still been commited if guns had been so readily avaliable? Would they f&ck. So many problems in the USA are down the simple fact that military grade weapons are so easily available.

I dealt with the girl in this article below. Maybe if you saw the damage the bullet had done to her your attitude might change. I hope it would anyway.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/mar/26/three-guilty-shooting-girl-paralysed

Your going off message now mate.

I have no issues regarding the guns and if they should or should not be available, my point is that if somebody is deranged enough to want to murder 2 people they will find a way gun or no gun.

As for Military grade weapons, what do you mean ?

Most Gun crime is with hand guns, the type that people use for self defence or robbing others, i guess you could call them Military grade though, i don't think they were invented to plant flowers.

Your point about how you dealt with a certain victim kind of re enforces what im saying and by mentioning it you have kind of answered your own argument.

In the UK Guns are banned and like i said in my OP if somebody wants to do something bad they will find a way to do it, so even though you cant buy them in the UK they are still used to commit crime and murder, we took them away from common folk 200yrs ago and people still get them. It will be the same in USA .

I'm not pro Gun at all but i do recognise people of the USA wanting to protect their 2 amendment, as Dai Lew has pointed out Canada doesn't have the same problem, but that is a wider discussion in terms of the cultural differences,education and glamourisation of Guns in the sub cultures and gang cultures of the USA.

As for me seeing the damage a bullet does,and my attitude changing, sorry to burst your bubble but your not the only one to have seen bad things, i'm sure plenty on here have seen lots of terrible things from all over this fair planet.

The main point remains, the guy was a whack job and wanted to seek the ultimate revenge, he would have done this any way possible Gun,knife,running them over in a car..the list is endless .

I will say one thing, the Gun issue in the USA is probably all done by design, the Government don't want the public to have them but not for the safety of its fellow americans but to impose control and impliment more restriction on its people without the prospect of any kind of uprising or revolution. The Canada issue shows it can work maybe ?

An interesting and tragic debate fair play, good comments from all .
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 22:55]
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:08 - Aug 26 with 1332 viewsicecoldjack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:51 - Aug 26 by MillJack

Yeah, dgt not really covering himself in glory here. I'm not sure how any sane human being can justify the need for any non-military or law enforcement person to own or carry a firearm.

The 2nd amendment was adopted in 1791 and was no doubt relevant at the time, it simply doesn't translate into modern times. It's a bit like that law about shooting a Scotsman within the walls of York being allowed, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow. Hardly relevant in the 21st century is it?

The fact that the 2nd amendment States the following - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - seems to have been lost in the passing of time as well. Pay specific attention to the 1st thirteen words, it makes no reference to people keeping guns for "protection" as seems to be suggested by the NRA.

Some would say that the "security of a free state" is being infringed hence why some feel the right to bear arms is still relelvent to them.

In the same way religion has crept into politics thus eroding certain principles of the first amendment many may see a similar path with the second.

The rules were set up and many still wish to remain true to them.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:09 - Aug 26 with 1330 viewsdgt73

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:51 - Aug 26 by MillJack

Of course the 2nd amendment is relevant today. It's to keep the U.S. Government in check and probably more relevant today than ever before.

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:18 - Aug 26 with 1313 viewsMillJack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:09 - Aug 26 by dgt73

Of course the 2nd amendment is relevant today. It's to keep the U.S. Government in check and probably more relevant today than ever before.

But how many of the gun owners in the U.S. would come under the banner of a "well regulated militia"? The square root of fack all I would imagine.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:20 - Aug 26 with 1311 viewsicecoldjack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:09 - Aug 26 by dgt73

Correct. It's the exact argument of those who wish it to remain .
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:31 - Aug 26 with 1291 viewsicecoldjack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:18 - Aug 26 by MillJack

But how many of the gun owners in the U.S. would come under the banner of a "well regulated militia"? The square root of fack all I would imagine.

I would say that considering roughly 30% of the population own guns and a fair majority are over the age of 50 i'd imagine the "well regulated militia" is a safe and responsible one.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:42 - Aug 26 with 1280 viewsMillJack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:31 - Aug 26 by icecoldjack

I would say that considering roughly 30% of the population own guns and a fair majority are over the age of 50 i'd imagine the "well regulated militia" is a safe and responsible one.

militia
[mi-lish-uh]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies.
a body of citizen soldiers as distinguished from professional soldiers.
all able-bodied males considered by law eligible for military service.
a body of citizens organized in a paramilitary group and typically regarding themselves as defenders of individual rights against the presumed interference of the federal government.

Source : www.dictionary.com

Where exactly do the over 50 gun owners fit into that, or any gun owners in the U.S. for that matter?
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:49 - Aug 26 with 1268 viewsDarran

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:14 - Aug 26 by dailew

Those two tables will never map exactly. There are other cultural factors involved.
Still puts the US in the top 15%. hardly anything to crow about.

The question is whether changing one thing (gun regulation) would affect the homicide rate.

Perhaps comparing the US with the most similar country (Canada) would give a better idea. Canada has far stricter gun regulation and the homicide rate is a third of the US's.

Anyone seen that Canadian Border Services programme on one of the sky channels I watched it for weeks when Amy was ill,far play they don't take any shit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:50 - Aug 26 with 1267 viewsPozuelosSideys

If somebody pulls a gat on you, where do you go? Where do you hide? It happens fast. You see it, youre dead. Not sure why theyre even being compared to things like knives?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:52 - Aug 26 with 1264 viewsicecoldjack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:42 - Aug 26 by MillJack

militia
[mi-lish-uh]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun
a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies.
a body of citizen soldiers as distinguished from professional soldiers.
all able-bodied males considered by law eligible for military service.
a body of citizens organized in a paramilitary group and typically regarding themselves as defenders of individual rights against the presumed interference of the federal government.

Source : www.dictionary.com

Where exactly do the over 50 gun owners fit into that, or any gun owners in the U.S. for that matter?

Number 4 mate.

[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 23:54]
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 00:04 - Aug 27 with 1241 viewsSwansNZ

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 23:50 - Aug 26 by PozuelosSideys

If somebody pulls a gat on you, where do you go? Where do you hide? It happens fast. You see it, youre dead. Not sure why theyre even being compared to things like knives?

and motorbikes

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 00:11 - Aug 27 with 1235 viewsyescomeon

On the topic of militia/paramilitaries, there was an interesting vice documentary on independent paramilitary groups in Poland. I had no idea they existed so was a bit of an eye opener for me. Im pretty sure similar groups operate in the states but not on the same scale.

Upthecity!

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 00:38 - Aug 27 with 1217 viewsBanosswan

So if the American government, whose total military spending eclipses the combined rest of the top ten (Russia, India, China, uk, France etc), were to decide to turn against their own people, it is really thought that a load of people with a few handguns, assault rifles and homemade bombs would be able to form a combative militia?

Ffs.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 02:39 - Aug 27 with 1176 viewsBanosswan

And it could be worse, I mean, look what happened in Llanelli today

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/UPDATE-Man-shot-air-rifle-arrested-followi

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 03:17 - Aug 27 with 1164 viewssnork44

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 00:38 - Aug 27 by Banosswan

So if the American government, whose total military spending eclipses the combined rest of the top ten (Russia, India, China, uk, France etc), were to decide to turn against their own people, it is really thought that a load of people with a few handguns, assault rifles and homemade bombs would be able to form a combative militia?

Ffs.

I have been living in the U.S for the past 2 years and the gun thing still continues to blow my mind. Unfortunately there are losers here who have to go one better than the last massacre, they think in their warped minds that they will go down in history as being the most notorious person to commit an atrocity. Unfortunately they are aided by the nut jobs in the NRA and the gun lobby who battle to keep gun ownership as it is. Their answer to events like this would be to arm everyone in America, after Sandy Hook the NRA said the Teachers should be armed, after Charleston the Pastors be armed and now will it be all reporters should end up packing heat? America is a lovely country and the people here are the nicest and friendliest, I have ever met, but the attitude towards guns and the ownership of weapons is something, no civilized country should be proud of!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 3:22]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024