Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states 17:22 - Aug 26 with 14459 viewsyescomeon

Bonkers, seems like they were killed by a co-worker

https://news.vice.com/article/suspected-virginia-shooter-appears-to-be-tweeting-

Upthecity!

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 03:51 - Aug 27 with 1532 viewsHumpty

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 20:50 - Aug 26 by shimmie

well its as close to being a fact as possible. When was the last time a disaffected teenager entereed a school with a large caliber machete and killed numerous innocents?? They don't do it because its unlikely to succeed. It remains the stuff of fantasy. They can however, order a multitude of weapons online, turn up at their chosen venue (school, university, cinema, church delete as apporpriate) and ruin the lives of hundereds.

Anyone who says nutters can kill people with objects other than guns is a moron. Of course you can.

There are lot's of things we can kill people with which are tools needed to run a modern society.

Such as knives, cars, motorbikes, pointy things, things that are a bit sharp and heavy things. Lumps of rock, anvils and bic pens which you could stamp into someones ear. etc. etc.

All these things are necessary for us to live a normal life. Apart from rocks which are just things.

None of those things have been invented and designed to kill people. They all have uses.

Nobody needs a tool specifically designed to kill people, unless you're a soldier or policeman.

To even conflate the two shows the person who says it is a bit dumb.

Not aimed at you BTW. Just dullards like ice and dgt.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 03:54 - Aug 27 with 1530 viewsHumpty

And as for fighting of the US Govt if it goes all mad. F*cking grow up. A hillbilly with a rifle is not going to stop a tyrannical Govt with drones, tanks, the US Army etc.

Gunlovers just like playing with guns. Simple as that. All the rest is just bollocks.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 05:49 - Aug 27 with 1497 viewsicecoldjack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 03:54 - Aug 27 by Humpty

And as for fighting of the US Govt if it goes all mad. F*cking grow up. A hillbilly with a rifle is not going to stop a tyrannical Govt with drones, tanks, the US Army etc.

Gunlovers just like playing with guns. Simple as that. All the rest is just bollocks.

As i've said a few times on here, if somebody really wants to kill 2 people he will find a way. The debate on if we should have guns or not is not really the point for me,like i said, im not pro gun, but its written into their constitution and many want to keep it that way, the facts are there for all to see.

If people still want to keep their second amendment that should be their choice, its ok to call somebody a dullard but the dullard is the one that doesn't seem to grasp the concept of what America was built on and how it formed its democracy .

The first amendement being eroded away was an example i gave, religion should not form part of politics in America but it does. and is creeping into mainstream, some are as angry about this as they are with the second.

As for the American Governments having so much weaponry it doesn't need to worry about a few people with side arms/weapons think again. The one thing that any government needs is its people to keep the economic wheels turning, the cows need to be milked every day(thats the people spending money and working ) any system would collapse over night if the people decided to stop everything, therefore the long quiet game is required by any controlling government if it wants to make constitutional changes.

i
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 06:29 - Aug 27 with 1486 viewsTummer_from_Texas

In other news, calling Rupert Murdock the scum of the earth is still unfair to the scum of the earth.

Removing the image per the sarcastic reply below mine, but the New York Daily News ran an incredibly tasteless cover today that should be easy to Google.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 7:08]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 06:40 - Aug 27 with 1477 viewsThursday

And thanks for perpetuating those murder pics on the forum.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 07:20 - Aug 27 with 1447 viewsphact0rri

I will admit, and maybe some other USA people might have a different sort of take on this, but I haven't seen a lot of coverage of this nationally, but the two international news sources I keep up with (BBC podcast and Japan Times) seem to give it a lot more coverage.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 07:22 - Aug 27 with 1447 viewsdgt73

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 03:54 - Aug 27 by Humpty

The people operating these drones are probably the son& daughters of the hillbillys you mention. It's a bit more complicated than the way you paint it.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 07:37 - Aug 27 with 1429 viewsMillJack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 05:49 - Aug 27 by icecoldjack

As i've said a few times on here, if somebody really wants to kill 2 people he will find a way. The debate on if we should have guns or not is not really the point for me,like i said, im not pro gun, but its written into their constitution and many want to keep it that way, the facts are there for all to see.

If people still want to keep their second amendment that should be their choice, its ok to call somebody a dullard but the dullard is the one that doesn't seem to grasp the concept of what America was built on and how it formed its democracy .

The first amendement being eroded away was an example i gave, religion should not form part of politics in America but it does. and is creeping into mainstream, some are as angry about this as they are with the second.

As for the American Governments having so much weaponry it doesn't need to worry about a few people with side arms/weapons think again. The one thing that any government needs is its people to keep the economic wheels turning, the cows need to be milked every day(thats the people spending money and working ) any system would collapse over night if the people decided to stop everything, therefore the long quiet game is required by any controlling government if it wants to make constitutional changes.

i

The thing is though, it's not written in the 2nd amendment as I've already pointed out. The NRA like to point to the "right to bear arms" bit, but ignore the rest.

If you honestly believe that a load of over 50's (or any of the gun owners), spread across a one of the worlds largest countries, communicate regularly and are organised in such a way that they can be classed as an "organised militia" then you're clearly deluded.

I agree with you about the 1st amendment btw.
Login to get fewer ads

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 11:10 - Aug 27 with 1357 viewsyescomeon

Few articles about the gunman, clearly a troubled man. Surely a medical intervention might have prevented this, stricter gun controls too no doubt but that is something else.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/26/virginia-gunman-vester-flanagan-w

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/26/vester-lee-flanagan-virginia-tv-n

Upthecity!

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 12:21 - Aug 27 with 1323 viewsFlashberryjack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 22:26 - Aug 26 by SwansNZ

I don’t think that is correct actually, and certainly not true that a murderer will chose a motorcycle as his weapon of choice.

A murderer will choose any weapon at his disposal......take away his gun......take away his knife....take away his axe, he/she will find something else
Drugs are banned.......are there less or more addicts because they're banned ? no
Ban guns.....will there be less murders ? no

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 13:04 - Aug 27 with 1311 viewssnork44

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 11:10 - Aug 27 by yescomeon

Few articles about the gunman, clearly a troubled man. Surely a medical intervention might have prevented this, stricter gun controls too no doubt but that is something else.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/26/virginia-gunman-vester-flanagan-w

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/26/vester-lee-flanagan-virginia-tv-n

A lot of things will come out of this. Already the ultra conservative pro-gun Fox News is asking if stricter gun laws are needed, they didn't ask after Sandy Hook when a skull faced loser wiped out 20 elementary school children and 6 teachers or after the Colorado cinema shooting and especially not after Charleston when a racist redneck loser shot up a prayer meeting, so why the difference, well that is simple two of their own were killed and in that I mean reporters. The same could be said about Polititions if a Senators or Congressman's child was killed by one of these crazies that the attitudes of those in power would change overnight. As for the 2nd amendment that was brought in at a time when the very young United States did not have a standing army or an organized Police force, this was a time when the settlers had to encounter Native American tribes, bandits and wild animals and people needed guns to protect themselves, but the founding fathers in their wisdom foresaw that America would develop as a society such as the sophisticated European countries that the settlers had left behind.
They named these laws or guidelines as Amendments giving future generations the right to amend these passages as society evolved, unfortunately these became set in stone like the Ten Commandments and never altered. It would be naive in the least to think you could have a situation like when we had after Hungerford and Dunblane where Assault Weapons and Handguns were prohibited, if they tried that over here you would have a second civil war, but sensible gun control laws have been resisted by the NRA and the gun companies such as an Assualt Weapon ban, the limit on magazine size or background checks on the mental history of an applicant as these would be seen as an infringement to the 2nd Amendemt right to bear arms. The United States is an already paranoid Nation, but the NRA perpetrates that paranoia and celebrates every incident like this in their warped agenda to see every American toting a gun.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 3:39]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 13:30 - Aug 27 with 1285 viewsdailew

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 05:49 - Aug 27 by icecoldjack

i

You seem to be saying the status quo should never be changed or argued against. Strange post.

Also, it's easier to kill people with guns. That's probably why they use them.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 13:58 - Aug 27 with 1266 viewssnork44

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 13:30 - Aug 27 by dailew

You seem to be saying the status quo should never be changed or argued against. Strange post.

It would nigh on impossible to change the status quo, such is the power of the NRA and the arms manufacturers. People have argued against the guns laws and have been called un-American for even questioning the 2nd Amendment or proposing sensible gun control measures. Strangely, the average NRA member is pro-life of an unborn child, but is quite happy to have the right to blow the brains out of the child when he grows up to be a teenage punk.

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 14:12 - Aug 27 with 1256 viewsdailew

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 13:58 - Aug 27 by snork44

It would nigh on impossible to change the status quo, such is the power of the NRA and the arms manufacturers. People have argued against the guns laws and have been called un-American for even questioning the 2nd Amendment or proposing sensible gun control measures. Strangely, the average NRA member is pro-life of an unborn child, but is quite happy to have the right to blow the brains out of the child when he grows up to be a teenage punk.

Indeed. And the right see themselves as libertarian and in favor of a small state yet are almost invariable vigorous supporters of the state at it's most prescritpive, killing people (wars and capital punishment).

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 15:54 - Aug 27 with 1206 viewsThursday

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 06:29 - Aug 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

In other news, calling Rupert Murdock the scum of the earth is still unfair to the scum of the earth.

Removing the image per the sarcastic reply below mine, but the New York Daily News ran an incredibly tasteless cover today that should be easy to Google.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2015 7:08]

I never asked you to remove the images, just expressing my opinion.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 16:15 - Aug 27 with 1189 viewssnork44

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 14:12 - Aug 27 by dailew

Indeed. And the right see themselves as libertarian and in favor of a small state yet are almost invariable vigorous supporters of the state at it's most prescritpive, killing people (wars and capital punishment).

Absolutely right, I have been here 2 years, but I feel safer here than I ever did in the UK. People own guns here legitimately not only for self protection and hunting, but also because they have the legal right to own a gun. I went to a gun meeting 18 months ago and half of the people in the room wouldn't know how the use a firearm and would probably end up either shooting themselves or a loved one if they ever had to pull the trigger. Fear is a big thing over here and is a big selling point, you are bombarded by adverts about protecting yourself from things as diverse as identity theft and home alarms to the possibility of contracting genital warts.

The fear of crime is exploited by the NRA and the arms manufacturers by them stating the only sure way to protect yourself is by having a 45' or a Glock. This attitude has led to many an innocent person being gunned down by a frightened person living alone, just by knocking at the door at the wrong time. America is a wonderful country and a very young country still, but it needs to grow up regarding guns as it will end up destroying itself.

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 16:35 - Aug 27 with 1179 viewsicecoldjack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 13:30 - Aug 27 by dailew

No, i said it's the choice of the people to change it if they wish, many want it to remain and as long as we have an apparent democratic society it should be put to the people to decide if needs be.

Easier to kill people with Guns, and i'm not arguing against that point , my point was that if somebody wanted to murder 2 people they would find a way to do it!

Like previously stated, Guns are banned in the UK but we still have gun crime, there will always be a way for those who want to commit evil.

As for the second amendment and a comment made by a previous poster, well, your interpretation may be different from mine, that is the crux of the second amendment, it means slightly different things to different people . Better people than you or i have debated it and come to a stale mate .
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 16:50 - Aug 27 with 1169 viewsicecoldjack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 07:37 - Aug 27 by MillJack

The thing is though, it's not written in the 2nd amendment as I've already pointed out. The NRA like to point to the "right to bear arms" bit, but ignore the rest.

If you honestly believe that a load of over 50's (or any of the gun owners), spread across a one of the worlds largest countries, communicate regularly and are organised in such a way that they can be classed as an "organised militia" then you're clearly deluded.

I agree with you about the 1st amendment btw.

As to your point about delusion, well i think you need to understand a bit more about what many americans are feeling .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7944563/The-truth-beh

"Why? Cochran says he is simply exercising his constitutional right to assemble an armed civilian force that is prepared to fight any enemy, be they domestic or foreign. There are 27 men in Cochran’s squad including, apparently, both former and serving soldiers, policemen and members of the sheriff’s department.
This didn’t surprise me. I’d already read about Richard Mack, a former sheriff of Graham County, Arizona, who now travels the country ‘crusading for freedom and individual rights’ and insists ‘the greatest threat we face today is not terrorists; it is our own federal government’."

"The militias, which are dotted throughout the US and, according to recent figures, are growing rapidly in numbers "

It's an article that's worth a read. the good,bad and ugly of the states IMO. There are a lot of dissatisfied people out there, America has alot of normal people starting to turn to other things, people have lost their homes or got poorer while the banks got a lot richer after being bailed out by the same people that lost their homes! as in the UK, people are finally starting to wake up to what is really going on, at the end of the day they can't do anything if the people start sticking together and acting as one, this is what they are most afraid of IMO.

A classic example of the fear is the constant smearing of Jeremy corbyn, a guy that wants to try and put people before greed.
2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 17:00 - Aug 27 with 1159 viewssnork44

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 16:35 - Aug 27 by icecoldjack

No, i said it's the choice of the people to change it if they wish, many want it to remain and as long as we have an apparent democratic society it should be put to the people to decide if needs be.

Easier to kill people with Guns, and i'm not arguing against that point , my point was that if somebody wanted to murder 2 people they would find a way to do it!

Like previously stated, Guns are banned in the UK but we still have gun crime, there will always be a way for those who want to commit evil.

As for the second amendment and a comment made by a previous poster, well, your interpretation may be different from mine, that is the crux of the second amendment, it means slightly different things to different people . Better people than you or i have debated it and come to a stale mate .

Just seen the Father of the murdered reporter on CNN and he is committed to meaningfull gun control. He even stated that the NRA would say that if the reporters were armed they would be alive today and he said that logic was basically bullshit!

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 17:45 - Aug 27 with 1131 viewsHighjack

Am I right in saying that the vast majority of gun deaths and injuries are caused by it going off accidentally? That's reason enough to curb what f ucking idiots can get their hands on them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 18:09 - Aug 27 with 1115 viewssnork44

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 17:45 - Aug 27 by Highjack

Am I right in saying that the vast majority of gun deaths and injuries are caused by it going off accidentally? That's reason enough to curb what f ucking idiots can get their hands on them.

Unfortunately a lot of gun deaths are children getting hold of guns or elderly people not being able to use a weapon.

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 18:11 - Aug 27 with 1107 viewsFlashberryjack

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 18:09 - Aug 27 by snork44

Unfortunately a lot of gun deaths are children getting hold of guns or elderly people not being able to use a weapon.

You'd be surprised by how many older people are unable to use a weapon

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 18:31 - Aug 27 with 1099 viewsdgt73

How many lives have been saved as a result of guns in the USA. Anyone know.?

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 18:39 - Aug 27 with 1089 viewsyescomeon

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 18:31 - Aug 27 by dgt73

How many lives have been saved as a result of guns in the USA. Anyone know.?

Impossible to know, instances of lives saved by guns will not be recorded, where as most deaths probably will. Think simplistically I would say less than the amount of lives that are lost as cases of lives being saved by guns may involve the ending of another life.

Upthecity!

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 18:52 - Aug 27 with 1082 viewsdgt73

2 Journalist shot live on news in the states on 18:39 - Aug 27 by yescomeon

Impossible to know, instances of lives saved by guns will not be recorded, where as most deaths probably will. Think simplistically I would say less than the amount of lives that are lost as cases of lives being saved by guns may involve the ending of another life.

So you don't know then. Would anyone want to break in to someone's home if they new that the people in there were armed to the teeth. ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024