Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Video to laptop 00:09 - Aug 28 with 645 viewsSwansNZ

How do I transfer Video — from my Sky box, or PVR to my laptop?

I think the HDMI port on the laptop is an output port only, so assume I’d need a HDMI/AV to USB adaptor and software?

Anyone know how (and what is best) to do this?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Transfer Video to laptop on 00:17 - Aug 28 with 640 viewsphact0rri

if you want to put it onto your computer you will need what is called a TV tuner.

Something like

http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSecure-Freeview-Adapter-Notebooks-Supports/dp/B004ZKGF1

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Transfer Video to laptop on 00:24 - Aug 28 with 631 viewsSwansNZ

Transfer Video to laptop on 00:17 - Aug 28 by phact0rri

if you want to put it onto your computer you will need what is called a TV tuner.

Something like

http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSecure-Freeview-Adapter-Notebooks-Supports/dp/B004ZKGF1

I don’t want to watch TV, but transfer recordings I already have stored my Sky box and PVR. I want to transfer them to store on my laptop HD and external HD and also I want to transfer them to my iPad (which I can do if on my laptop).

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Transfer Video to laptop on 00:33 - Aug 28 with 621 viewsphact0rri

Transfer Video to laptop on 00:24 - Aug 28 by SwansNZ

I don’t want to watch TV, but transfer recordings I already have stored my Sky box and PVR. I want to transfer them to store on my laptop HD and external HD and also I want to transfer them to my iPad (which I can do if on my laptop).

As far as I know there is not a "quick" way to do it. as they are not stored as say AVI's or MGEG's or something, they are raw streams. And thats if they are not encrypted (a lot of the DVR boxes here in the states are, not sure about NZ). You could always plug in a DVD recorder and hit play and let it recordt them one by one via the output jack like a firewire or ethernet.

You could also do it the realtime way and just convert with a tv tuner.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024