Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sherwood 23:33 - Aug 30 with 1817 viewssomersetsimon

Just saw Sherwood on MOTD2 on a penalty that Villa were denied. 'There was contact, and if there is contact you are entitled to go down'. I hate it when people say this. If the contact wasn't enough to bring you down, then you throw yourself down, that is cheating.
Sherwood on 23:37 - Aug 30 with 1771 viewsItchySphincter

Absolutely right. Bale was peddling that entitlement crap a couple of years ago - it's like if they say it enough it becomes accepted fact. They should be fined.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Sherwood on 23:40 - Aug 30 with 1755 viewsSwansNZ

I must say, Ayew is good at getting contact from behind.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Sherwood on 00:23 - Aug 31 with 1657 viewsHighjack

Sherwood on 23:40 - Aug 30 by SwansNZ

Is that a euphemism? Are you 'outing' him?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sherwood on 00:24 - Aug 31 with 1649 viewsHighjack

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sherwood on 09:41 - Aug 31 with 1368 viewsPegojack

I thought the ref spot on. The bloke was looking for it.

When I was reffing locally, we had a talk by a top ref in one of our meetings, where he showed videos of natural and unnatural falls, which you need to look out for to judge if it's a dive or not. That Villa player went down in a forward pike with two somersaults.
Sherwood on 10:05 - Aug 31 with 1314 viewsbuilthjack

Sherwood - He will be another Lambert, there for a couple of years, then the fans baying for his head. Talks a good game, but massively over rated.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sherwood on 10:29 - Aug 31 with 1274 viewssomersetsimon

Sherwood on 09:41 - Aug 31 by Pegojack

When I was reffing locally, we had a talk by a top ref in one of our meetings, where he showed videos of natural and unnatural falls, which you need to look out for to judge if it's a dive or not. That Villa player went down in a forward pike with two somersaults.

As a ref, if you saw a defender make some contact, but the forward then threw themselves down theatrically, what would you give?

I doubt there is actually a rule about "contact", surely it depends on whether the one player has impeded another in some way.
Sherwood on 10:30 - Aug 31 with 1270 viewsmonmouth

Sherwood on 09:41 - Aug 31 by Pegojack

Deppay or whatever he is called did exactly that yesterday in the first minute for that free kick. Naughton tapped his calf and he just threw himself down (and yes, Ayew did it a couple of times by moving back into the player behind then throwing himself forward). Ref's could stop that very quickly, but they are happy in being compliant with it. It's like 'shepherding' the ball out...that is, obstruction 10 times out of 10. Trivial I know, but it does irritate me, and yeah, someone from the FA or Refs should challenge that idiot comment from Sherwood publicly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Sherwood on 10:44 - Aug 31 with 1230 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I don't want to be pedantic but I will. The offence of "Obstruction" is no longer in the "Laws of the Game" it was removed at least 5 years ago and has been replaced with "impedes the progress of an opponent"

As far as shepherding the ball out that is allowed. You can place your body between an opponent and the ball provided the ball is with playing distance.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Sherwood on 10:52 - Aug 31 with 1199 viewsmonmouth

Sherwood on 10:44 - Aug 31 by felixstowe_jack

I don't want to be pedantic but I will. The offence of "Obstruction" is no longer in the "Laws of the Game" it was removed at least 5 years ago and has been replaced with "impedes the progress of an opponent"

As far as shepherding the ball out that is allowed. You can place your body between an opponent and the ball provided the ball is with playing distance.

I'd hate to see you when you want to be pedantic :)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sherwood on 11:41 - Aug 31 with 1150 viewscsf

Sherwood on 10:44 - Aug 31 by felixstowe_jack

Did my refs course in2002 i think and by then it was out. Impeding an opponent was in.
Sherwood on 11:57 - Aug 31 with 1108 viewsNeath_Jack

Sherwood on 23:40 - Aug 30 by SwansNZ

Ki is the best i've seen at it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024