Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whisper it, but... 23:50 - Aug 30 with 7159 viewsalibaba

On MOTD2, Kilbane said,"Swansea look like a top 4 side"

But do you think we could challenge for top 4 this season? If we're lucky with injuries, I do think we could finish in Europen places but top 4 would be too far.
Whisper it, but... on 09:11 - Aug 31 with 2184 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Whisper it, but... on 09:01 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Thank god someone else was old enough to remember.

Cheating' and stealing', violence and crime etc etc

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Whisper it, but... on 09:39 - Aug 31 with 2153 viewsNookiejack

I think we should be targeting 3rd - as then would avoid pre-qualifying round of Group Stage of Champions League. The one Man U just had to play against Club Brugge.

I'll take staying up again though - given enormous amount of money TV rights are going up at end of this season - which should widen gap even more - between established PL squads and 3 teams coming up each season from Championship.
Whisper it, but... on 09:41 - Aug 31 with 2146 viewsSwansNZ

Whisper it, but... on 09:39 - Aug 31 by Nookiejack

I think we should be targeting 3rd - as then would avoid pre-qualifying round of Group Stage of Champions League. The one Man U just had to play against Club Brugge.

I'll take staying up again though - given enormous amount of money TV rights are going up at end of this season - which should widen gap even more - between established PL squads and 3 teams coming up each season from Championship.

Staying up? Do me a favour

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Whisper it, but... on 09:42 - Aug 31 with 2143 viewscanhecatchit

Why are you afraid it won't happen, who is to say we are good enough this season? The big teams don't always win the league, sometimes with luck other teams manage to win things.

We are a better team than we think we are this season, so lets just keep getting behind the boys every game like we did yesterday and see where it takes us. When you think about it, we should be second now, should have won at chelsea and Sunderland, and the boys are only just starting to get used to playing together .

We all thought like this when we were in League two , if someone said we would be playing in the Premier League we would have laughed at them. We are continually moving forward and who knows, maybe Champions league isn't beyond us this season, after seeing the rest play

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Whisper it, but... on 09:47 - Aug 31 with 2128 viewsattila_the_hun

Whisper it, but... on 00:00 - Aug 31 by SwansNZ

Chelsea are looking crap, but you’d have to say they will get their act together. Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs don’t look that good.

Spurs are in for a relegation battle IMO

"I'm Free"

Whisper it, but... on 09:49 - Aug 31 with 2122 viewsWhiterockin

If results in the Premier League go the same way for 4-5 games after the break, there are going to several Chairmen/Owners hitting the panic button. Then who knows how the future pans out.
Whisper it, but... on 09:52 - Aug 31 with 2101 viewssherpajacob

Whisper it, but... on 09:01 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Thank god someone else was old enough to remember.

Ah shut up a your face.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Whisper it, but... on 09:55 - Aug 31 with 2094 viewsItchySphincter

West Ham were top four first half of last season.

The best bit is that after four games we've already played two of the favourites.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Whisper it, but... on 09:57 - Aug 31 with 2064 viewsperchrockjack

Yeah ,lets get carried away .

HOWEVER ,

WE should have beaten Chelsea, put six past NEWCASTLE
and could have declared at half time against Sunderland had we taken our chances.

Manure really aren't much and for all VG s arrogant statements of intent he THEY have bought badly . Liverpool wont do anything IMO either.

Leicester will fall away but Palace will hang around and fair play to PARDEW ,he s really got something going there.

Tottenham? Arsenal ?do me a fookn favour. NOWT TO FEAR THERE

MAN CITY light years ahead and will will title by a record margin. Trust me on that.

Why the feck not, little ofl Swansea town long dead .

Now, everyone get together ,stop squabbling over old agendas and political nutters and get out there and enjoy the day and life to come

peace in the valley

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Whisper it, but... on 10:09 - Aug 31 with 2043 viewsNookiejack

With Man U playing in the Group Stages of CL - will definitely take the edge of them - especially if they don't bring a back up striker by tomorrow.

Spurs look similar to Man U - solid but without attacking threat with Kane being out of form and Eriksen injured. They also look very short with regards to having back up strikers and have Europa to contend with. You get the feeling Levy is not going to spend given money they need for their stadium expansion.

Liverpool look ok but that was a surprising result v West Ham and again have Europa to contend with. Their season will probably depend on how well Sturridge comes back from injury and if he can then stay fit.

Everton will definitely have a better season than last due to having no Europa commitments. Thought Spurs were much better and stronger than them - which surprised me and Tim Howard kept them in the game. Their defence doesn't look as strong as the other main contenders and don't think they can afford to lose Stones at this late stage.

Soton have definitely been weakened by loss of Schniderlin and Clyne (who was a big attacking threat for them in their system). Shame they got knocked out of Europa last Thursday as that would have really tested their squad strength.

Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea should definitely achieve top 3 - but big question marks about the rest. Does definitely leave possibility open of another club rather than above teams - having a right crack at top 4 - similar to Newcastle a few seasons ago as somebody has mentioned below.

Palace look interesting - they have started very well and also thought very unlucky against Arsenal - where Coquelin should definitely have been sent off for two bookable offences.
Whisper it, but... on 10:31 - Aug 31 with 2014 viewssomersetsimon

I thought he said something along the lines of "out of the two sides today, Swansea looked more like a top 4 side than Man Utd"
Whisper it, but... on 12:49 - Aug 31 with 1898 viewsdailew

MOTD2 on youtube for expats.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Whisper it, but... on 13:10 - Aug 31 with 1861 viewsWatchman

Whisper it, but... on 08:18 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Where we may need extra cover is for Jeff as he's a speedster and will suffer from muscle strains. If there's a decent left winger on a free or cheap let's have him.
Or play Tabannou as I gather he used to play left wing .
But on this form and with minimal squad disruptuion injury wise then it's not impossible, surely?

I thought GM would have played Tayls and Tabs on the same wing yesterday just to close down that side!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Whisper it, but... on 17:37 - Aug 31 with 1749 viewsSwaneeRiver

I think we would excel all expectations to finish 5th or 6th.
That and win a cup would be phenominal
Whisper it, but... on 17:50 - Aug 31 with 1731 viewsRancid

I think we'll be fighting it out with Southampton and Everton for 6 or 7th.Kilbane was right and we do look like a top 4 side at the moment and we are but I'd be happy with just improving on last seasons position.Strengthen again next summer and who knows.
Whisper it, but... on 18:19 - Aug 31 with 1654 viewsmonmouth

Expectations are ridiculously high now. I still think 7-11. Any higher would be a miracle, any lower a major disappointment. It's a long season. Some pulls and faints, some bounces and ref calls, and everything looks very different.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Whisper it, but... on 20:04 - Aug 31 with 1578 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Whisper it, but... on 13:10 - Aug 31 by Watchman

I thought GM would have played Tayls and Tabs on the same wing yesterday just to close down that side!

Perhaps if it would have done so against a lesser side but wanted to shield FT from a difficult debut.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Whisper it, but... on 22:50 - Aug 31 with 1492 viewsbargoedjack

Whisper it, but... on 18:19 - Aug 31 by monmouth

Expectations are ridiculously high now. I still think 7-11. Any higher would be a miracle, any lower a major disappointment. It's a long season. Some pulls and faints, some bounces and ref calls, and everything looks very different.

Monk's public take on it all seems like the one we should be taking as fans...

Go into each game believing we can win it, get to 40 points as quickly as possible and reassess from there.

And as someone on here said (I think!) enjoy the ride ... it's a good vintage that will hopefully improve with age.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024