Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Ayew the new Michu? 03:25 - Aug 31 with 1634 viewsSwansNZ

Early days, but looks capable of hitting 15 league goals, even though he is not a striker. Difference is, we now have a striker capable of at least matching him.

Will he be the bargain of the season?

I’m just glad he has not got a hazardous goal scoring celebration.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 04:18 - Aug 31 with 1587 viewsnyc_swans

well ayew was very well known before this season. i'd argue that michu was michu partly because he seemingly came out of the blue.

they are similar players though, at least offensively. great timed runs into the box, lethal finishing, good aerial ability. i'd say though that there's more to ayew's game as we saw with the second goal.

i don't know where im going with this, but ayew is brilliant.
Is Ayew the new Michu? on 07:18 - Aug 31 with 1499 viewsTownhill_Hilton

From the tidy interviews given, Ayew has the character that Michu lacked, so a far better player potentially. Always talking about the team, not himself. It is this general trait in our squad which set us apart from the others and allows us to compete against all those overpaid glory seekers who sulk when things get tough.
Is Ayew the new Michu? on 08:46 - Aug 31 with 1400 viewsoldcob

I am most likely going to get knocked down for this, but as a pure winger he doesn't tick all the boxes. When he comes inside its then he's pure dynamite. What a talent, and after seeing his interview he seems pretty grounded and a nice guy. Hope he's here until he retires. Gomis too.
Is Ayew the new Michu? on 08:48 - Aug 31 with 1380 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 08:46 - Aug 31 by oldcob

I am most likely going to get knocked down for this, but as a pure winger he doesn't tick all the boxes. When he comes inside its then he's pure dynamite. What a talent, and after seeing his interview he seems pretty grounded and a nice guy. Hope he's here until he retires. Gomis too.

It appears we don't really need one

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 08:54 - Aug 31 with 1353 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 07:18 - Aug 31 by Townhill_Hilton

From the tidy interviews given, Ayew has the character that Michu lacked, so a far better player potentially. Always talking about the team, not himself. It is this general trait in our squad which set us apart from the others and allows us to compete against all those overpaid glory seekers who sulk when things get tough.

I thought his interview on MOTD was brilliant. Especially the chilling words at the end "...... I believe this team can do something great this season".

I bet Martinez is sh*tying his pants thinking about Everton's September visit down here

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 09:00 - Aug 31 with 1339 viewsDr_Winston

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 08:48 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

It appears we don't really need one

We struggled with the lack of a genuine wide outlet for a few periods yesterday.

OC is correct. Ayew is no winger in the traditional sense. More like an AM/CF who drifts wide a lot. Can leave us a little unbalanced at times without Montero there to pick up the strain, but when he's as capable of appearing out of nowhere to nut another one in or play passes like that you can forgive a little positional indiscipline.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 09:05 - Aug 31 with 1319 viewsjack247

I know he doesn't play the traditional winger role, but I can't remember the last winger we had who would get into the box and get his head on crosses from the opposite wing. He is gong to be a big danger and will either draw defenders from Gomis, or will exploit the space Gomis creates if they stick tight to him.

His all round play is superb as well.
Is Ayew the new Michu? on 09:09 - Aug 31 with 1290 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 09:00 - Aug 31 by Dr_Winston

We struggled with the lack of a genuine wide outlet for a few periods yesterday.

OC is correct. Ayew is no winger in the traditional sense. More like an AM/CF who drifts wide a lot. Can leave us a little unbalanced at times without Montero there to pick up the strain, but when he's as capable of appearing out of nowhere to nut another one in or play passes like that you can forgive a little positional indiscipline.

Agreed, though without this positional indiscipline we wouldn't be half as dangerous!

Login to get fewer ads

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 10:02 - Aug 31 with 1199 viewsattila_the_hun

AyewMania

"I'm Free"

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 10:37 - Aug 31 with 1152 viewsWhiterockin

No, Ayew is a team player.
Is Ayew the new Michu? on 11:08 - Aug 31 with 1088 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He is more like the old "Inside Right Forward".
He doesn't track back as much as Nathan, but at the moment is also much more dangerous to the opposition.
Is Ayew the new Michu? on 11:45 - Aug 31 with 1006 viewsWanderer

Something extra added that we lost last season with Michu awol, another head looking to get on the end of a cross and what a fantastic header of the ball he is!
Is Ayew the new Michu? on 11:46 - Aug 31 with 998 viewsClinton

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 11:08 - Aug 31 by A_Fans_Dad

He is more like the old "Inside Right Forward".
He doesn't track back as much as Nathan, but at the moment is also much more dangerous to the opposition.

His tracking back yesterday was truly exceptional.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 11:58 - Aug 31 with 958 viewsjasper_T

Is Ayew the new Michu? on 11:46 - Aug 31 by Clinton

His tracking back yesterday was truly exceptional.

The difference is we press more than track back these days. It's the system that makes them look different defensively. Both work really hard.

Dyer's definitely quicker to make up ground coming back, but Ayew does a lot of talking on the pitch. Seems to have taken senior responsibility within the team already. Nathan never tells people what to do, he just does what he's told.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024