Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two 15:39 - Sep 15 with 39841 viewsDarran

Seeing as the other one is a mess and the mods can't be arsed on here these days.

lol
http://www.sunnation.co.uk/corbyn-refuses-to-sing-god-save-the-queen-at-battle-o

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 08:58 - Sep 18 with 1486 viewsperchrockjack

Edwina had a rather minxy daughter.

Jewish too and Jewish girls obey .

I better leave now

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:03 - Sep 18 with 1481 viewsWarwickHunt

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 08:58 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

Edwina had a rather minxy daughter.

Jewish too and Jewish girls obey .

I better leave now

Did you mean to type Jewish girls - oy vey?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:09 - Sep 18 with 1471 viewsperchrockjack

Pisspoor effort son.

Must try harder.

Hava nagila?

Remember the sputniks? Swedish weren't they.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:17 - Sep 18 with 1466 viewsWarwickHunt

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:09 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

Pisspoor effort son.

Must try harder.

Hava nagila?

They were an East German surf guitar band.

Niche. Very niche.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:36 - Sep 18 with 1406 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 22:00 - Sep 17 by exiledclaseboy

Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell on Question Time tonight. I may break my long standing self-imposed QT boycott.

"Does the panel believe that IRA members should be honoured?"

I watched it to see what happened with him.

Good to see him apologise so profusely (what other option though), although he seems to be spinning the tale that he was so entrenched in the peace process that he would have said anything that was needed to get it over the line, which is a strange rewriting of history and who was doing what. There was also no obvious follow up question along the lines of 'well if you are so prepared to say what you think the audience want to hear rather than what you believe in that situation, why on earth should we think you're not doing exactly the same thing now?"

The short bit at the end about the anthem was strange as well. After telling us for an hour that this is a new type of politics, with honesty and no spin, he then told us that Corbyn didn't sing the anthem because he was so moved in his private thoughts of remembrance of the war and those that had lost their lives. Now if that isn't exactly the sort of spin crap that used to emerge from the mouths of Alistair Campbell and Blair then I don't know what is. So that really undermined everything that he had said previously.

I came away thinking he's been prepared to within an inch of his life and knows exactly what he was going to say - spin at its finest.

Oh yeah - that bloke from The Telegraph is a complete ar*e, Truss was her usual ineffectual self, Sandi Toksvig was her usual articulate and rational self and Salmond (although a prat) gave by far the best answer on the subject of the anthem and the differentiation of the personal and the professional when in a position of state.

I am bored beyond reason though of the 'audience members' who are planted to make a specific point and it then turns out they are trying to forge a career in meeja and are being quoted and feted all over twitter. Pathetic, x-factor TV.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:59 - Sep 18 with 1393 viewsWarwickHunt

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:36 - Sep 18 by londonlisa2001

I watched it to see what happened with him.

Good to see him apologise so profusely (what other option though), although he seems to be spinning the tale that he was so entrenched in the peace process that he would have said anything that was needed to get it over the line, which is a strange rewriting of history and who was doing what. There was also no obvious follow up question along the lines of 'well if you are so prepared to say what you think the audience want to hear rather than what you believe in that situation, why on earth should we think you're not doing exactly the same thing now?"

The short bit at the end about the anthem was strange as well. After telling us for an hour that this is a new type of politics, with honesty and no spin, he then told us that Corbyn didn't sing the anthem because he was so moved in his private thoughts of remembrance of the war and those that had lost their lives. Now if that isn't exactly the sort of spin crap that used to emerge from the mouths of Alistair Campbell and Blair then I don't know what is. So that really undermined everything that he had said previously.

I came away thinking he's been prepared to within an inch of his life and knows exactly what he was going to say - spin at its finest.

Oh yeah - that bloke from The Telegraph is a complete ar*e, Truss was her usual ineffectual self, Sandi Toksvig was her usual articulate and rational self and Salmond (although a prat) gave by far the best answer on the subject of the anthem and the differentiation of the personal and the professional when in a position of state.

I am bored beyond reason though of the 'audience members' who are planted to make a specific point and it then turns out they are trying to forge a career in meeja and are being quoted and feted all over twitter. Pathetic, x-factor TV.

I loathe Salmond with a passion but he schooled everyone on the panel last night. Not difficult I suppose, given the line-up of utter lightweights.

I like Toksvig but I thought she came across as slightly bonkers. Articulate but bonkers.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:02 - Sep 18 with 1386 viewstrampie

Neutrals know the rights and wrongs of the troubles, wait 200 years or so and see who are seen as the goodies and who are seen as the baddies then ?, its already been noted by some already that the ones that were originally seen as the baddies are now beginning to be seen as the goodies and vice versa [I'm not talking about killing people just basic equalities to determine rights and wrongs].
You know what they say, one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.

As regards the main unionist parties and the press in Britain, they sing from the same hymn sheet, they will try and blacken the SNP and Plaid due to self interest.
Labour, Conservatives, Lib-Dems, UKIP are all extreme right wing and are backed by an extreme mainstream right wing press and media.
The middle of the road parties are the SNP and Plaid, hated by nationalists because they are not in the slightest nationalist parties but are called so by the press and the Tory parties.

If there wasn't so much London and the South East centric policies by the Red and Blue Tory parties then the union would not be under strain like it is now.

If people want extremism [overseas wars, austerity, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer] then vote for the Red or Blue Tories if people want middle of the road policies [social justice] then vote Plaid or the SNP.

Its that straight forward ?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2015 12:11]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:05 - Sep 18 with 1390 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:59 - Sep 18 by WarwickHunt

I loathe Salmond with a passion but he schooled everyone on the panel last night. Not difficult I suppose, given the line-up of utter lightweights.

I like Toksvig but I thought she came across as slightly bonkers. Articulate but bonkers.

I thought he was head and shoulders above the rest as well for most of it (and I also loathe him). Why on earth they ever put Truss on there is beyond me.

I like Toksvig so the bits where she's a bit mad I don't mind... (although her new party sounds a bit ridiculous) !

I liked her comment on the Hungarian PM though when she quoted him as saying that he was protecting European Christianity (or similar) and said that it was the least Christian thing she's ever heard.
Login to get fewer ads

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:09 - Sep 18 with 1378 viewstrampie

Most SNP/Plaid politicians are head and shoulders above Labour, Conservative and Lib-Dem politicians.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2015 12:09]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:09 - Sep 18 with 1358 viewsacejack3065

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:09 - Sep 18 by trampie

Most SNP/Plaid politicians are head and shoulders above Labour, Conservative and Lib-Dem politicians.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2015 12:09]

What Plaid politicians are head and shoulders above Labour and Conservative politicians then? Forget the Lib Dems there is only a cab full left.

I'll give you Elfyn Llwyd as I quite liked him but I'd like to hear about these outstanding plaid politicians.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:29 - Sep 18 with 1344 viewstrampie

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:09 - Sep 18 by acejack3065

What Plaid politicians are head and shoulders above Labour and Conservative politicians then? Forget the Lib Dems there is only a cab full left.

I'll give you Elfyn Llwyd as I quite liked him but I'd like to hear about these outstanding plaid politicians.

Adam Price, seemed to win every award going for MP's before going to Harvard but apparently he is back and going to stand for Plaid in May.
Dafydd Wigley, taught Salmond how to campaign and Salmond is about the best out there so it just shows you how good Wigley is.
Dafydd Elis-Thomas, was top notch back in the day when he was a radical, he is somewhat of an establishment figure these days.

Of the Ladies, Leanne Wood and Elin Jones can hold their own and then there is young Bethan Jenkins one to watch, Darran on here is very impressed by her locally and Darran seems like a unionist to me.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2015 15:42]

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:40 - Sep 18 with 1328 viewstrampie

PS I forgot to mention Plaid had heavyweights in the past like Saunders Lewis and Gwynfor Evans.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:45 - Sep 18 with 1325 viewswaynekerr55

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:03 - Sep 18 by WarwickHunt

Did you mean to type Jewish girls - oy vey?

hcccccccccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:47 - Sep 18 with 1320 viewswaynekerr55

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:09 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

Pisspoor effort son.

Must try harder.

Hava nagila?

Grape Juice?
Salt Beef?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:48 - Sep 18 with 1318 viewsperchrockjack

You're full of chutzpah

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:05 - Sep 18 with 1279 viewswaynekerr55

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:48 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

You're full of chutzpah

Chutzpah schnutspah

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:15 - Sep 18 with 1271 viewsperchrockjack

Schmuck

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:21 - Sep 18 with 1269 viewsjackonicko

Lisa wrote: The short bit at the end about the anthem was strange as well. After telling us for an hour that this is a new type of politics, with honesty and no spin, he then told us that Corbyn didn't sing the anthem because he was so moved in his private thoughts of remembrance of the war and those that had lost their lives.

Aye, I was rolling my eyes at this point too. It was so apparent and obviously untrue, and yet he put out the line anyway. If Corbyn genuinely wants to be different, he can't cave in straight away to conventional pressure. I would have cheered a line saying I don't believe in the monarchy, so I'm not hypocritical enough to sing GSTQ. But I massively respect our veterans, which was why I was at the event.

If he keeps caving in this quickly to toe a more conventional line, he isn't going to last very long. As a conventional politician, he's toast.

Admittedly, even as an unconventional politician, I'm pretty sure he's toast too. So he might as well amuse us in the meantime.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:39 - Sep 18 with 1258 viewsJackSomething

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:21 - Sep 18 by jackonicko

Lisa wrote: The short bit at the end about the anthem was strange as well. After telling us for an hour that this is a new type of politics, with honesty and no spin, he then told us that Corbyn didn't sing the anthem because he was so moved in his private thoughts of remembrance of the war and those that had lost their lives.

Aye, I was rolling my eyes at this point too. It was so apparent and obviously untrue, and yet he put out the line anyway. If Corbyn genuinely wants to be different, he can't cave in straight away to conventional pressure. I would have cheered a line saying I don't believe in the monarchy, so I'm not hypocritical enough to sing GSTQ. But I massively respect our veterans, which was why I was at the event.

If he keeps caving in this quickly to toe a more conventional line, he isn't going to last very long. As a conventional politician, he's toast.

Admittedly, even as an unconventional politician, I'm pretty sure he's toast too. So he might as well amuse us in the meantime.

Would tend to agree. From what I understand of the situation (and I don't claim to be an expert in the field of politics), part of the reason Corbyn has attracted so much support is that he appears to offer something different than was on offer in the last election. If he and his shadow cabinet now start spinning like the rest of them, surely he'll lose a lot of that support?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:41 - Sep 18 with 1256 viewsUxbridge

It only occurred to me last night that he was actually my MP when I first moved to London (not for a long time, nobody stays in Hayes for longer than necessary). I have no anecdotes sadly but he was always seen as very radical back then so strange to see him in one of the big chairs. And, from what I saw last night, he doesn't exactly seem shadow chancellor material. Not sure any of the willing MP's were either mind (or Osborne being fit for purpose either).

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:45 - Sep 18 with 1250 viewslondonlisa2001

The thing that most struck me about it, was that he said it with exactly the same note of sincerity and faint regret as he adopted on the more important issues discussed.

He sounded like Blair.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:56 - Sep 18 with 1236 viewsperchrockjack

His selling point was his apparent integrity and honesty.

If this is now seen as a veneer, it shows what a massive balls up labour have made over his election.

After corbyn, who s next up.

Cam needs to knife him in the thost not the back and then actually try to unite this country and make it a country where wealth isn't a dirty word.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:11 - Sep 18 with 1224 viewstrampie

Wealth isn't a dirty word but Tax is.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:34 - Sep 18 with 1201 viewsGroo

Corbyn should just say he's finding his feet and learning, the national anthem was a mistake.

When asked about the privvy, he should state of course he will do the things that is expected of the leader of the opposition, even though he does not agree with it, until he or someone else has the chance to change it (i.e. evict the Queen) then he has to maintain tradition.

Would be nothing wrong with either.

the way he's go going at the moment seems to show him as shifty as the rest.

Groo does what Groo does best

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:42 - Sep 18 with 1192 viewsjackonicko

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:11 - Sep 18 by trampie

Wealth isn't a dirty word but Tax is.

Neither wealth nor tax are dirty words.

Crevice is a very dirty word.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024