Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two 15:39 - Sep 15 with 39848 viewsDarran

Seeing as the other one is a mess and the mods can't be arsed on here these days.

lol
http://www.sunnation.co.uk/corbyn-refuses-to-sing-god-save-the-queen-at-battle-o

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:43 - Sep 20 with 1617 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:35 - Sep 20 by exiledclaseboy

What might have been all talk?

Look I'm a bit pissed but didn't Blair fly out for talks with Bush?

Bush says to Blair look Tone we both know there isn't any evidence of WMD so what you have to do is fly back and talk them into believing there is.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:54 - Sep 20 with 1615 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 00:36 - Sep 20 by Uxbridge

Which question?

Specifically I was referring to the 'anthem' question.

Although his willingness to lie and spin on that one makes it likely he was doing the same thing with them all to be honest.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 22:33 - Sep 20 with 1574 viewswaynekerr55

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:43 - Sep 20 by trampie

English mp's voted for war in Syria, the Celts managed to stop them.

Bloody English, hey!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 23:41 - Sep 20 with 1555 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 19:54 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

Specifically I was referring to the 'anthem' question.

Although his willingness to lie and spin on that one makes it likely he was doing the same thing with them all to be honest.

So if you lie once everything you say is a lie? Strange logic.

They're politicians. I have a very low expectation level.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 23:46 - Sep 20 with 1553 viewsLohengrin

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 23:41 - Sep 20 by Uxbridge

If you're a politician caught out in a lie then every pronouncement you make afterward is suspect. Is that fair to say?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 23:55 - Sep 20 with 1537 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 23:46 - Sep 20 by Lohengrin

If you're a politician caught out in a lie then every pronouncement you make afterward is suspect. Is that fair to say?

I view everything a politician says as suspect anyway. Context is everything of course.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 00:04 - Sep 21 with 1532 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 23:41 - Sep 20 by Uxbridge

Not necessarily.

However, it tends to throw other statements into more question than would otherwise be the case.

It's not that strange a logic - it's fairly frequently used in a court situation to demonstrate a general lack of believability for a witness or similar.

I agree with you re expectation levels though !
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:23 - Sep 21 with 1490 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 00:04 - Sep 21 by londonlisa2001

Not necessarily.

However, it tends to throw other statements into more question than would otherwise be the case.

It's not that strange a logic - it's fairly frequently used in a court situation to demonstrate a general lack of believability for a witness or similar.

I agree with you re expectation levels though !

Well, not really. Although by the same token I'm happy to dismiss anything Cameron ever says on the basis of a number of gratuitous lies during the last election. Oh, I was going to do that anyway!!

Login to get fewer ads

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:33 - Sep 21 with 1486 viewsmonmouth

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:23 - Sep 21 by Uxbridge

Well, not really. Although by the same token I'm happy to dismiss anything Cameron ever says on the basis of a number of gratuitous lies during the last election. Oh, I was going to do that anyway!!

and he knew nothing about Coulson and Brooks and I would be appalled should anyone think differently.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:59 - Sep 21 with 1476 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:33 - Sep 21 by monmouth

and he knew nothing about Coulson and Brooks and I would be appalled should anyone think differently.

How could he? And who could question the poor swine?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:36 - Sep 21 with 1450 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 09:23 - Sep 21 by Uxbridge

Oh everything that comes from him is a porker to be fair !!

The only point I was making is not that McDonnell lied and the others don't - it was that he made a huge point about saying that they were fed up of lies and spin and then proceeded to do exactly the same thing.

Anyway - let's not waste a second talking about that today - there are far more interesting stories around

Although in many ways, funnier than the actual story is the scrabbling around by people like Louise Mensch justifying why on one hand it's not true, and on the other hand, it's perfectly acceptable and sensible behaviour - hilarious.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:55 - Sep 21 with 1438 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:36 - Sep 21 by londonlisa2001

Oh everything that comes from him is a porker to be fair !!

The only point I was making is not that McDonnell lied and the others don't - it was that he made a huge point about saying that they were fed up of lies and spin and then proceeded to do exactly the same thing.

Anyway - let's not waste a second talking about that today - there are far more interesting stories around

Although in many ways, funnier than the actual story is the scrabbling around by people like Louise Mensch justifying why on one hand it's not true, and on the other hand, it's perfectly acceptable and sensible behaviour - hilarious.

Mensch seems to be under the impression that this will increase Dai's popularity. I suppose it will in Norfolk. She's a bit mental.

I'd file it under more spin than lies but aye I wasn't expecting them to be immune to that. The policies will be interesting, I'm all for nationalisation of the railways. They'd better follow through with that.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:21 - Sep 21 with 1430 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:55 - Sep 21 by Uxbridge

Mensch seems to be under the impression that this will increase Dai's popularity. I suppose it will in Norfolk. She's a bit mental.

I'd file it under more spin than lies but aye I wasn't expecting them to be immune to that. The policies will be interesting, I'm all for nationalisation of the railways. They'd better follow through with that.

Don't think they'll be able to do that.

Don't think it's a good idea either from where we are at the moment.

The big mistake that was made with the railways was the splitting of the operating companies and the track companies - too much opportunity to have one blame the other and invites a lack of joined up thinking. The other problem is the way that the franchises were let out. It encouraged stupid bidding that then falls apart and becomes unsustainable. GNER was a great example of the issue.

As for the more interesting bit - there is huge fun to be had from seeing right wing commentators talking about 'high jinks' etc - equally, there's huge fun in seeing left wing commentators suddenly reversing their positions on the truthfulness or otherwise of the Daily Mail and whether these sorts of stories are in the public interest. Meanwhile, most ordinary people laugh and get on with their lives.

Fair play to Osborne though - he was unable to completely contain his laughter when asked about it this morning - Dave must be dreading PMQs this week!! Labour will need shooting if they don't all start oinking !
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:48 - Sep 21 with 1417 viewsmonmouth

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:21 - Sep 21 by londonlisa2001

The big mistake that was made with the railways was the splitting of the operating companies and the track companies - too much opportunity to have one blame the other and invites a lack of joined up thinking. The other problem is the way that the franchises were let out. It encouraged stupid bidding that then falls apart and becomes unsustainable. GNER was a great example of the issue.

As for the more interesting bit - there is huge fun to be had from seeing right wing commentators talking about 'high jinks' etc - equally, there's huge fun in seeing left wing commentators suddenly reversing their positions on the truthfulness or otherwise of the Daily Mail and whether these sorts of stories are in the public interest. Meanwhile, most ordinary people laugh and get on with their lives.

Fair play to Osborne though - he was unable to completely contain his laughter when asked about it this morning - Dave must be dreading PMQs this week!! Labour will need shooting if they don't all start oinking !

They can't. It's all grown up now, no oinking, no snorting. Just noses quietly in the trough.

I'd be disappointed though if one of Jezza's questions from Disturbed Deirdre of Deadwood wasn't something like "can we really hope that this government will address the housing shortage or are pigs more likely to fly?' Delivered deadpan, natch.

If every question could have a slight porcine twist, even better.

Jumped up Janet from Jericho says "Was the Prime Minister telling porkies last week when..."

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:57 - Sep 21 with 1415 viewsUxbridge

Well yes, they were two of the main issues, but don't see why cannot and shouldn't move in that direction. Rail, and public, transport in this country compared to the continent is embarrassing.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:01 - Sep 21 with 1410 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:48 - Sep 21 by monmouth

They can't. It's all grown up now, no oinking, no snorting. Just noses quietly in the trough.

I'd be disappointed though if one of Jezza's questions from Disturbed Deirdre of Deadwood wasn't something like "can we really hope that this government will address the housing shortage or are pigs more likely to fly?' Delivered deadpan, natch.

If every question could have a slight porcine twist, even better.

Jumped up Janet from Jericho says "Was the Prime Minister telling porkies last week when..."

Twitter is at its best in these situations.

The best one I've seen so far is "Sex and Drugs and Sausage Rolls"

And the meme of Corbs reading out the question from 'Kermit'. Genuinely brilliant.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:05 - Sep 21 with 1407 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:57 - Sep 21 by Uxbridge

Well yes, they were two of the main issues, but don't see why cannot and shouldn't move in that direction. Rail, and public, transport in this country compared to the continent is embarrassing.

Don't disagree with that summary in he slightest - I just can't see how they can renationalise at this point. The only possible way of doing it would be to renationalise every single last piece of it, and imagine the ransom strip pricing? It's not like they can force it - most bits are owned by non UK companies.

The only thing they could possibly look at doing, is keeping the operating companies' part in house by not letting out the franchises again when they come up. They'd still have to have them run by private companies but could do it under the same sort of arrangement that was put in place with GNER when they ran it under licence after handing the franchise back.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:08 - Sep 21 with 1405 viewsmonmouth

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:01 - Sep 21 by londonlisa2001

And the meme of Corbs reading out the question from 'Kermit'. Genuinely brilliant.

What's the Kermit one? I don't do twitter.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:26 - Sep 21 with 1394 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:08 - Sep 21 by monmouth

What's the Kermit one? I don't do twitter.

Just a picture of Corbs standing up with a piece of paper in his hand, saying 'The next question is from Kermit who wants to know if you at least bought her dinner beforehand'
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:56 - Sep 21 with 1380 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:01 - Sep 21 by londonlisa2001

Whole Trotter Love.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:09 - Sep 21 with 1424 viewsexiledclaseboy

Sadly no PMQs this week. Conference recess. Most inopportune timing.

Poll: Tory leader

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:19 - Sep 21 with 1417 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:09 - Sep 21 by exiledclaseboy

Sadly no PMQs this week. Conference recess. Most inopportune timing.

bugger - I didn't know that.

What an incredible shame. Although, I imagine no one will have forgotten within one week.

They have to find a question from someone called Pippa, just to allow Corbyn to mispronounce it as Peppa before correcting himself.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:32 - Sep 21 with 1408 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:19 - Sep 21 by londonlisa2001

bugger - I didn't know that.

What an incredible shame. Although, I imagine no one will have forgotten within one week.

They have to find a question from someone called Pippa, just to allow Corbyn to mispronounce it as Peppa before correcting himself.

Sadly recess lasts till 12 October. Next PMQs on the 15th. Old news by then. Boo.

Poll: Tory leader

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:38 - Sep 21 with 1398 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:32 - Sep 21 by exiledclaseboy

Sadly recess lasts till 12 October. Next PMQs on the 15th. Old news by then. Boo.

Boo indeed.

This is genuinely amusing, largely for the desperate reaction of the right wing commentators - Mensch - that means you!

Although I do wonder what news is being buried today amongst it all. Free school meals is one.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 16:18 - Sep 21 with 1381 viewsepaul

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:38 - Sep 21 by londonlisa2001

Boo indeed.

This is genuinely amusing, largely for the desperate reaction of the right wing commentators - Mensch - that means you!

Although I do wonder what news is being buried today amongst it all. Free school meals is one.

and getting rid of the HRA

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024