Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two 15:39 - Sep 15 with 39840 viewsDarran

Seeing as the other one is a mess and the mods can't be arsed on here these days.

lol
http://www.sunnation.co.uk/corbyn-refuses-to-sing-god-save-the-queen-at-battle-o

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:07 - Oct 8 with 929 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 06:41 - Oct 8 by waynekerr55

In other news... Hitler was found to be a tad anti semetic

Seriously though, why do they give the guy so much coverage

Because he's the leader of the opposition?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:09 - Oct 8 with 927 viewsperchrockjack

It was staggering only because you saw it that way as you support jez.

I thought it was a good sign the callow Cameron has grown a pair of balls and will front up to this piece of filth in a cheap jacket.

Sadly there are many middle class, well paid professional people seeing him as a demi God who will rattle the system and the rich will be made to pay.

We have an apologist for terrorists -and he is- as a leader of the opposition and its appalling.

Cameron needs to carry on this and at the same time thrown off this insouciant arrogant Eton demeanour. The country need him to do this and Cameron s shame is that he s seen Labour commit political suicide by electing cobyn.

Corbyn also loved Derek Hatton and saw him as a class warrior.

Be afraid

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:11 - Oct 8 with 925 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:02 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

G'day Perch. I hope you're not feeling any Aussie sympathies before Saturday?

Fair enough on your views. I don't see someone who goes through our education system, freedoms, etc and then wants to create a fairer society as a bad person, but you are of course entitled to.

Will he become more hypocritical and duplicitous? Quite likely. It's difficult to see how he could hope to win power without doing so, as can be clearly seen by our current and recent PM's.

Yes the rich have a right to be protected as much as the poor. But are you really saying they aren't already? Come on, you're not naive.

I find Cameron's 'War on Poverty' speech to be very interesting. It goes against everything his government have been doing for years when it comes to social policy, especially given the tax credit changes are going to push another 200k people into poverty. A cynic would say he's doing the obvious and logical thing of appealing to the centrist voters who are concerned by Labour's move to the left. If he actually follows through with his promises, I'll be very impressed.

I will just add that despite our many clashes, I agree with Wayne that Hump's use of 'pig' for policeman is wrong and insulting. Especially at this time, given recent tragic events.

Even though Perchs post was mainly about him not being a member of the PC you've completely overlooked it,strange that.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:11 - Oct 8 with 923 viewsJackSomething

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:00 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

I thought Cameron's attack on him was quite staggering. On the plus side, as it is now fair game to say absolutely anything about your political opponent with little to no basis in fact, I look forward to the next episode of PMQ where Corbyn attacks Cameron for screwing the residents of a Danish pig farm.

The only response I've seen was on Facebook, stating that Labour were sticking to their 'new kind of politics' approach and wouldn't be drawn into mudslinging. Admirable, but the cynic in me wonders how long it will last as it will almost certainly hurt them in the polls.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:14 - Oct 8 with 917 viewsJackSomething

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:07 - Oct 8 by WarwickHunt

The Guardian isn't a fan of Corbyn.

The BBC, funnily enough, reported the PM's speech to his party conference. Shock horror.
It didn't show a Labour Party response because there wasn't an immediate one ( or if it was, it wasn't deemed newsworthy) - come back Alistair Campbell, all is forgiven.

A 'spokesman for Jeremy Corbyn' did reply somewhat feebly and it's now on the BBC website. Cameron is "rattled", apparently.

Jeremy was probably too busy knitting organic yoghurt with transgendered cyclists. In a yurt.

Of course they reported on his speech. They didn't show it in it's entirety though did they? They pick and choose the parts they want to highlight.

Agree with you on the Labour response though, as I've posted above.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:17 - Oct 8 with 911 viewsJackSomething

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:11 - Oct 8 by Darran

Even though Perchs post was mainly about him not being a member of the PC you've completely overlooked it,strange that.

I'd say it was one part of a post that addressed a range of topics, but not surprised you missed that. I don't know enough about the Privy Council to have an opinion on whether Corbyn should join it or not, if I'm being honest. Satisfied now skipper?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:18 - Oct 8 with 908 viewsperchrockjack

Through the education system. Well, we couldn't afford the private edication jez had nor none of my kids could have gotten by by being a union representative/activist- full time. FAIRER ,my arse- only for HIS people, the rest can feck off, and they will taking their businesses with them.

I spoke to one last night who said if he was hammered as looks likely by a corbyn led government he would take his business elsewhere and the jobs with it.

Its easy coming up with, power to the people stuff. I remember John Lennon coming up with that drivel and what a hypocrite he was.

He s going to be a PC, AN "ADVISER" to the Ruler/Monarch. He doesn't have to accept in person but how can he equate that with being honest , in other words, take the title and the privileges but rain on the parade.

And Aussie sympathies? LOL. Come ON WALES

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:19 - Oct 8 with 908 viewsWarwickHunt

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:14 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

Of course they reported on his speech. They didn't show it in it's entirety though did they? They pick and choose the parts they want to highlight.

Agree with you on the Labour response though, as I've posted above.

Dog bites man - not news.

Man bites dog - news.

The speech was shown live in its entirety earlier. The news showed the newsworthy bits, funnily enough.
All the other channels did exactly the same.
Login to get fewer ads

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:19 - Oct 8 with 906 viewsJackSomething

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:09 - Oct 8 by perchrockjack

I thought it was a good sign the callow Cameron has grown a pair of balls and will front up to this piece of filth in a cheap jacket.

Sadly there are many middle class, well paid professional people seeing him as a demi God who will rattle the system and the rich will be made to pay.

We have an apologist for terrorists -and he is- as a leader of the opposition and its appalling.

Cameron needs to carry on this and at the same time thrown off this insouciant arrogant Eton demeanour. The country need him to do this and Cameron s shame is that he s seen Labour commit political suicide by electing cobyn.

Be afraid

Once I see proof of that, I will happily join you in condemning him.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:22 - Oct 8 with 899 viewsperchrockjack

...anyway, we having ,hopefully, a Swans fan staying over for the Liverpool game so are having one of the guest rooms redecorated so I ll have to fly.

One doesnt want to let the side down as you know what these sophisticated London types are.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:22 - Oct 8 with 899 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:17 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

I'd say it was one part of a post that addressed a range of topics, but not surprised you missed that. I don't know enough about the Privy Council to have an opinion on whether Corbyn should join it or not, if I'm being honest. Satisfied now skipper?

Yes but you left the main one out and I'm sure you know enough about the Privvy Council to know why it's a joke that the leader of the opposition isn't on it.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:24 - Oct 8 with 897 viewsJackSomething

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:19 - Oct 8 by WarwickHunt

Dog bites man - not news.

Man bites dog - news.

The speech was shown live in its entirety earlier. The news showed the newsworthy bits, funnily enough.
All the other channels did exactly the same.

Fair enough. I suppose it comes down to what proportion of the population are aware that Cameron was using quotes completely out of context to attack Corbyn. Not many would be my guess.

Dave got very upset about context over his comments about forcing out Conservative MP's who didn't back him over Europe, funnily enough.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:30 - Oct 8 with 891 viewsJackSomething

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:22 - Oct 8 by Darran

Yes but you left the main one out and I'm sure you know enough about the Privvy Council to know why it's a joke that the leader of the opposition isn't on it.

It's my understanding that he is going to be on it, he's just avoiding the ceremony in which he has to bend his knee to the queen.

Given his views on the monarchy, should he join the Council at all? In my view, probably not and he was naive to ever be so publicly anti-monarchy, if he ever wanted to lead his party.

He's trying to walk a very fine line now and inevitably he's going to attract criticism no matter what he does. Manna from heaven for the Conservatives.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:32 - Oct 8 with 886 viewsMillJack

It's incredible how many people read their morning papers and base their opinions purely around what they read.

Jeremy Corbyn couldn't attend because he had a long standing commitment to give evdence to the House of Lords Constitution Committee at exactly the same time. An apology was issued to the Queen and it was accepted, mainly because it's not an unusual occurrence.

David Cameron missed two opportunities to be sworn in to the Privy Council upon becoming leader in 2015, I don't remember much furore surrounding that?

Some are painting Corbyn as the new Messiah on here, whereas others seem to think he's Satan personified. The jury's out for me but, so far, I like a lot of what he has to say.

The demonisation of him in the general media though has been an absolute disgrace thus far and, unfortunately, while he proceeds with his "new style" of politics he's leaving himself wide open to it. Something will have to give and knowing the UK press I don't think it will come from them.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 15:52]
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:34 - Oct 8 with 882 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:30 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

It's my understanding that he is going to be on it, he's just avoiding the ceremony in which he has to bend his knee to the queen.

Given his views on the monarchy, should he join the Council at all? In my view, probably not and he was naive to ever be so publicly anti-monarchy, if he ever wanted to lead his party.

He's trying to walk a very fine line now and inevitably he's going to attract criticism no matter what he does. Manna from heaven for the Conservatives.

Good post but surely people don't think that the leader of the opposition shouldn't be Privvy to issues of national security?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:38 - Oct 8 with 876 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:32 - Oct 8 by MillJack

It's incredible how many people read their morning papers and base their opinions purely around what they read.

Jeremy Corbyn couldn't attend because he had a long standing commitment to give evdence to the House of Lords Constitution Committee at exactly the same time. An apology was issued to the Queen and it was accepted, mainly because it's not an unusual occurrence.

David Cameron missed two opportunities to be sworn in to the Privy Council upon becoming leader in 2015, I don't remember much furore surrounding that?

Some are painting Corbyn as the new Messiah on here, whereas others seem to think he's Satan personified. The jury's out for me but, so far, I like a lot of what he has to say.

The demonisation of him in the general media though has been an absolute disgrace thus far and, unfortunately, while he proceeds with his "new style" of politics he's leaving himself wide open to it. Something will have to give and knowing the UK press I don't think it will come from them.

Word.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:38 - Oct 8 with 876 viewsWarwickHunt

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:32 - Oct 8 by MillJack

The press will convert as many tap-ins as they're offered.
It's hardly news.

Student politics don't work in the real world.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:40 - Oct 8 with 869 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:11 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

The only response I've seen was on Facebook, stating that Labour were sticking to their 'new kind of politics' approach and wouldn't be drawn into mudslinging. Admirable, but the cynic in me wonders how long it will last as it will almost certainly hurt them in the polls.

Yeah, agreed. Although the great british public don't like seeing a polite person getting beaten up by a rabble, not unless it's on I'm A Celebrity anyway ...

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:43 - Oct 8 with 856 viewsJackSomething

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:34 - Oct 8 by Darran

Good post but surely people don't think that the leader of the opposition shouldn't be Privvy to issues of national security?

Exactly. He can't not be on the Council, yet by making himself so clearly anti-Monarchy, he's put himself in a tough position. MillJack has pointed out there's a genuine reason he can't attend, which helps. But I imagine Cameron did complete the ceremony eventually, so in that case it's only postponed the issue.

Some will say this is the appeal of Corbyn, that he says what he believes, not what is politically expedient. I have to say I'm a little too cynical about politicians to believe that.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:46 - Oct 8 with 851 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:09 - Oct 8 by perchrockjack

Be afraid

Know you like Cameron because he's slagged off corbyn

Your as shallow as Dai perchy ,

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:47 - Oct 8 with 834 viewsmonmouth

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:38 - Oct 8 by WarwickHunt

The press will convert as many tap-ins as they're offered.
It's hardly news.

Student politics don't work in the real world.

I agree, but Ux's point is interesting too. This could be viewed as an experiment to see if voters are fed up with aggressive nasty macho tw*ttishness and, whether clear abject pathetic public bullying will actually have the opposite to the intended effect. Whatever, it's a better watch than the usual millibandery. Boyle is right anyway when he says it's all likely irrelevant. When TTIP is enacted, politicians become ceremonial curiosities.

Oh and Perch. Why don't you turn that hypocrisy searchlight on Cameron and Osborne? Biased much?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:08 - Oct 8 with 820 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:47 - Oct 8 by monmouth

I agree, but Ux's point is interesting too. This could be viewed as an experiment to see if voters are fed up with aggressive nasty macho tw*ttishness and, whether clear abject pathetic public bullying will actually have the opposite to the intended effect. Whatever, it's a better watch than the usual millibandery. Boyle is right anyway when he says it's all likely irrelevant. When TTIP is enacted, politicians become ceremonial curiosities.

Oh and Perch. Why don't you turn that hypocrisy searchlight on Cameron and Osborne? Biased much?

Thanks for the heads up. For others, http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/08/frankie-boyles-conference-roundu

Nailed.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:11 - Oct 8 with 816 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:08 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

Thanks for the heads up. For others, http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/oct/08/frankie-boyles-conference-roundu

Nailed.

When Ted Heath joined Privy Council MI5 flagged up activities with underage lads, yet Tories outraged about Corbyn not kneeling before queen

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:14 - Oct 8 with 810 viewsWarwickHunt

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:47 - Oct 8 by monmouth

Agree it's hugely entertaining.

However, despite the fine words and laudable sentiments, the majority will vote with their pockets when it comes to the polling booth.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:17 - Oct 8 with 805 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:14 - Oct 8 by WarwickHunt

Agree it's hugely entertaining.

However, despite the fine words and laudable sentiments, the majority will vote with their pockets when it comes to the polling booth.

The people will do what they're told will affect their pockets. Ironically plenty who are now being hammered are the ones that voted for it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024