Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two 15:39 - Sep 15 with 39836 viewsDarran

Seeing as the other one is a mess and the mods can't be arsed on here these days.

lol
http://www.sunnation.co.uk/corbyn-refuses-to-sing-god-save-the-queen-at-battle-o

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:00 - Sep 16 with 1280 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:46 - Sep 16 by Neath_Jack

Go on, i am busy but i'm interested in your reasoning for that anyway.

My reasoning? Well you're not exactly a pink old leftie are you.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:05 - Sep 16 with 1278 viewsNeath_Jack

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:00 - Sep 16 by Darran

My reasoning? Well you're not exactly a pink old leftie are you.

To be honest, there isn't a mast out there that i can nail my colours to. All the parties have a little bit that i'd agree with, some more than others, obviously.

And i'm a changed man anyway

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:21 - Sep 16 with 1254 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 12:05 - Sep 16 by Neath_Jack

To be honest, there isn't a mast out there that i can nail my colours to. All the parties have a little bit that i'd agree with, some more than others, obviously.

And i'm a changed man anyway

Yeah you must be.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:26 - Sep 16 with 1221 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 08:25 - Sep 16 by Humpty

Heh!

I heard about Corbyns terrible slight against the Queen and everyone who fought in the war in the car today. And laughed to myself that if he had sung GSTQ the very same people would be calling him a hypocrite and a phony.

And now here's the proof!

Cheers Loh.

lol

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/16/jeremy-corbyn-will-sing-national

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:42 - Sep 16 with 1204 viewsLeonisGod

Latest update: he's got the house jumping to his tune at PMQs.

"The new Labour leader said he wanted a less "theatrical" prime minister's questions with more serious debate."

"BBC Deputy Political Editor Norman Smith said Mr Corbyn had created a "different, calmer atmosphere in the chamber",

although tellingly: "Mr Cameron had not been put under any real pressure"

"Before Mr Corbyn began his second question he thanked the prime minister "for his commitment that we are going to do Prime Minister's Questions in a more adult way than it's been done in the past"."

great stuff, he's almost winning me over.

If we're going to have a protest vote party enter the race, I'd rather it be Labour under Corbyn than a scaremongering, negative UKIP under Farage.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:52 - Sep 16 with 1190 viewsperchrockjack

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 11:46 - Sep 16 by Neath_Jack

Go on, i am busy but i'm interested in your reasoning for that anyway.

If corbyn is a prickly as his many fans, then he ll be in for a hard time as the press, apart from the guardian, will love it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:56 - Sep 16 with 1186 viewsUxbridge

Have we done the bit yet where the Telegraph ran a story complaining in all seriousness that Corbyn hadn't slagged off Thatcher in his speech to the trade unions? I had to check it wasn't from the Daily Mash.

I'm rather enjoying all this.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:00 - Sep 16 with 1182 viewsperchrockjack

Jez has fanatical fans or so it seems. He s the messiah

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:25 - Sep 16 with 1163 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:00 - Sep 16 by perchrockjack

Jez has fanatical fans or so it seems. He s the messiah

I'm probably going to vote for him for the simple reason that the right wing press coverage and the conduct of the Tory party lately has been so disgraceful it's been utterly hilarious.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:38 - Sep 16 with 1150 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:25 - Sep 16 by Uxbridge

I'm probably going to vote for him for the simple reason that the right wing press coverage and the conduct of the Tory party lately has been so disgraceful it's been utterly hilarious.

That's a fairly big assumption there Ux.

I would have thought that the chances of there being a vote where you can vote for him are pretty tiny.

The 'powers that be' i the Labour party are already plotting.

The big problem is that he has made some vey politically bad decisions already. Not about the anthem nonsense - I don't have a problem with what he did at all - I don't sing it myself and he was perfectly respectful (although a lot of older generation Labour voters will have switched their vote to UKIP already - support of the armed forces in that community tends to be high and it'll will have been seen as a slight), but his decision on Shadow Chancellor is a genuine mistake, and his failure to appoint any women to top jobs is naive at best.

We already are seeing the effects of a lack of opposition. Last night, the vote on tax credits was a genuinely difficult one potentially for the Government. With a majority of only 15 or so, and a bill that was criticised by some Tory MPs, it could have been a real issue. Instead, with Labour in disarray, the bill passed with a majority of 35. Never mind, at least 'Steven' got a question asked in PMQs !!
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:41 - Sep 16 with 1146 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:42 - Sep 16 by LeonisGod

Latest update: he's got the house jumping to his tune at PMQs.

"The new Labour leader said he wanted a less "theatrical" prime minister's questions with more serious debate."

"BBC Deputy Political Editor Norman Smith said Mr Corbyn had created a "different, calmer atmosphere in the chamber",

although tellingly: "Mr Cameron had not been put under any real pressure"

"Before Mr Corbyn began his second question he thanked the prime minister "for his commitment that we are going to do Prime Minister's Questions in a more adult way than it's been done in the past"."

great stuff, he's almost winning me over.

If we're going to have a protest vote party enter the race, I'd rather it be Labour under Corbyn than a scaremongering, negative UKIP under Farage.

Of course Cameron is going to be supportive. It's all manna from heaven for him - he'll be delighted at the way it's going (and was seemingly under strict instruction from his advisors to give Corbyn the easiest possible time as they have told him to allow Labour to self destruct).
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:45 - Sep 16 with 1140 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 08:41 - Sep 16 by Darran

Being serious for a minute if the strangest of things should happen and JC was to win the next GE he's going to have to go to the Palace to tell Her Majesty if he's able to form a Government.

How is he going to be able to do that? I know the lefties will say it won't be but it would be spectacularly hypocritical.

He'll swear allegiance to the Queen now to become a privy councillor won't he?
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:48 - Sep 16 with 1134 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 10:54 - Sep 16 by Darran

Currently breaking on Twitter Corbyns driver filled a BBC cameraman in yesterday and he had to be treated in hospital.

I know the photos not funny but apparently he's the union rep.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:53 - Sep 16 with 1128 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:48 - Sep 16 by Darran

I'm not being funny, but I would genuinely check at least three different sources before believing anything that comes from that vile woman. Truth and honesty are not words that are part of her vocabulary.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:54 - Sep 16 with 1126 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:53 - Sep 16 by londonlisa2001

I'm not being funny, but I would genuinely check at least three different sources before believing anything that comes from that vile woman. Truth and honesty are not words that are part of her vocabulary.

She took it from somewhere else Lis.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:55 - Sep 16 with 1126 viewsJackSomething

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:52 - Sep 16 by perchrockjack

If corbyn is a prickly as his many fans, then he ll be in for a hard time as the press, apart from the guardian, will love it

Of course they'll love it. They'd rather report on a man being respectful at a ceremony while choosing not to sing the national anthem than the government cutting tax credits. So a decision that will see over three million working families lose an average of £1000 a year is less important than a man not singing a song. Sums up our press sadly.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:02 - Sep 16 with 1120 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:55 - Sep 16 by JackSomething

Of course they'll love it. They'd rather report on a man being respectful at a ceremony while choosing not to sing the national anthem than the government cutting tax credits. So a decision that will see over three million working families lose an average of £1000 a year is less important than a man not singing a song. Sums up our press sadly.

Exactly what my issue with it all is. We have no effective opposition - the story's all about him.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:04 - Sep 16 with 1118 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:54 - Sep 16 by Darran

She took it from somewhere else Lis.

Yes but she's done that before and got it wrong (I'm not saying she has on this occasion - I have no idea). She's thick as mince and a spiteful, nasty piece of work as well - a not very good combination !

Oh - and her books are woeful :-)
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:07 - Sep 16 with 1112 viewsDarran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:48 - Sep 16 by Darran

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:16 - Sep 16 with 1099 viewsWarwickHunt

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 13:52 - Sep 16 by perchrockjack

The Guardian backed Cooper and hasn't exactly gone into raptures over Jezza...
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:50 - Sep 16 with 1059 viewsGroo

The one thing that can be said about him, he doesn't bend on his principles.

He's on wife#3.

British Wife#1 left him due to him having no time for family, only politics.

Chilean Wife#2 left him over an argument about where his 12 year old son was to be schooled. Corbyn wanted him to go to the local comprehensive, which was classed as a failing school for the previous 3 years by OFSTED and his wife had arranged for him to go to one of the best grammar schools in the Country. They parted over it as the wife wanted the child to have the best possible education.

Groo does what Groo does best

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:54 - Sep 16 with 1050 viewslondonlisa2001

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:50 - Sep 16 by Groo

The one thing that can be said about him, he doesn't bend on his principles.

He's on wife#3.

British Wife#1 left him due to him having no time for family, only politics.

Chilean Wife#2 left him over an argument about where his 12 year old son was to be schooled. Corbyn wanted him to go to the local comprehensive, which was classed as a failing school for the previous 3 years by OFSTED and his wife had arranged for him to go to one of the best grammar schools in the Country. They parted over it as the wife wanted the child to have the best possible education.

and he's accepted a pay rise of only £58k per year as well to be fair...
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 16:47 - Sep 16 with 1009 viewsUxbridge

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 14:38 - Sep 16 by londonlisa2001

That's a fairly big assumption there Ux.

I would have thought that the chances of there being a vote where you can vote for him are pretty tiny.

The 'powers that be' i the Labour party are already plotting.

The big problem is that he has made some vey politically bad decisions already. Not about the anthem nonsense - I don't have a problem with what he did at all - I don't sing it myself and he was perfectly respectful (although a lot of older generation Labour voters will have switched their vote to UKIP already - support of the armed forces in that community tends to be high and it'll will have been seen as a slight), but his decision on Shadow Chancellor is a genuine mistake, and his failure to appoint any women to top jobs is naive at best.

We already are seeing the effects of a lack of opposition. Last night, the vote on tax credits was a genuinely difficult one potentially for the Government. With a majority of only 15 or so, and a bill that was criticised by some Tory MPs, it could have been a real issue. Instead, with Labour in disarray, the bill passed with a majority of 35. Never mind, at least 'Steven' got a question asked in PMQs !!

He's barely been in the job for 5 seconds. I'm not going to say he's ineffective leading the opposition until, well, he's actually leading the opposition.

I don't doubt there will be elements in Labour attempting a coup, but if I were them I'd tread very carefully. There is a massive amount of support for Corbyn and if he gets ousted, Labour will be pretty much terminally broken.

I actually think Corbyn could win in 2020. Long long time before then, and I've got my doubts he can hold himself together let alone the party, but he's a lot more dangerous to the Tories than pretty much anyone else would have been. He's certainly the first politician I've seen genuinely enthuse people since ... sadly, probably Blair. I guess that's not the best example!

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:19 - Sep 16 with 981 viewsacejack3065

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 16:47 - Sep 16 by Uxbridge

He's barely been in the job for 5 seconds. I'm not going to say he's ineffective leading the opposition until, well, he's actually leading the opposition.

I don't doubt there will be elements in Labour attempting a coup, but if I were them I'd tread very carefully. There is a massive amount of support for Corbyn and if he gets ousted, Labour will be pretty much terminally broken.

I actually think Corbyn could win in 2020. Long long time before then, and I've got my doubts he can hold himself together let alone the party, but he's a lot more dangerous to the Tories than pretty much anyone else would have been. He's certainly the first politician I've seen genuinely enthuse people since ... sadly, probably Blair. I guess that's not the best example!

There is no one in the parliamentary labour party dumb enough To attempt a coup at this point. If they did it would be as successful as the one Stephen Byers and Geoff Hoon tried on Gordon Brown.

If Jezza is ousted the Labour Party would disintegrate. You'd be looking at close to half of the members walking out, maybe more.

He needs some time to get into the swing of things but the fisrt test will be the devo elections. If Labour has a good May then a lot of the dissent could evaporate.
The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 17:37 - Sep 16 with 967 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Jeremy Corbyn thread part two on 15:54 - Sep 16 by londonlisa2001

and he's accepted a pay rise of only £58k per year as well to be fair...

Not really a pay rise. He's got a new job and that's the salary for it. It's an official position.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024