Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81436 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:45 - Oct 10 with 1225 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:42 - Oct 10 by Rancid

Not sure if we weren't clinical enough or the Aussies were just superb defensively.Bit of both.Never will we get a better chance of beating them and we fell short.Gutted.Still think we can shock the Boks though.

This.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:47 - Oct 10 with 1215 viewsBLAZE

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:41 - Oct 10 by lifelong

Didn't enjoy anything about that game.

It wasn't a great advert to be fair.

Begrudging respect to the cons for their defense, but with 13 men they shouldn't have had the opportunity to defend so well - a little imagination in attack and you'll score. What does Howley do exactly?

We must be the only team in world rugby that consistently concede more points than we score when we have a man advantage
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:49 - Oct 10 with 1204 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:45 - Oct 10 by WarwickHunt

This.

Aye the boks are beatable, as are NZ, but that was a missed opportunity. Biggars miss for9-9 clearly deflated the team, and then no to score against 13....well, thanks Howley for coaching the backs to have nothing. Compare Oz vs 14. Jesus.

Chance missed, rocky path, move on. Oz will win the thing I reckon.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:49 - Oct 10 with 1201 viewsBLAZE

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:45 - Oct 10 by raynor94

First one, just not clinical it's happened so many times in the recent past it's no coincidence

Agree Rayns, happens too often
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:49 - Oct 10 with 1195 viewsperchrockjack

All oz scores from lack of discipline.

We failed tonscorecwhen it was easier to do so.

Sickening really and pisssed off .

Bokke? Oh dear

Think Liam just ain't made to play rugby

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:51 - Oct 10 with 1193 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:47 - Oct 10 by BLAZE

It wasn't a great advert to be fair.

Begrudging respect to the cons for their defense, but with 13 men they shouldn't have had the opportunity to defend so well - a little imagination in attack and you'll score. What does Howley do exactly?

We must be the only team in world rugby that consistently concede more points than we score when we have a man advantage

Not a great advert?

F*ck me - that was an incredible match. We lost though so it was rubbish match, obviously...
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:52 - Oct 10 with 1178 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:41 - Oct 10 by lifelong

Didn't enjoy anything about that game.

Honestly?? I thought that was a monumental battle and both sides know it. For me that was great rugby. Both teams gave their best, not an inch given and the right (better) team won (just) as it should be.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:53 - Oct 10 with 1167 viewsWhiterockin

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:49 - Oct 10 by monmouth

Aye the boks are beatable, as are NZ, but that was a missed opportunity. Biggars miss for9-9 clearly deflated the team, and then no to score against 13....well, thanks Howley for coaching the backs to have nothing. Compare Oz vs 14. Jesus.

Chance missed, rocky path, move on. Oz will win the thing I reckon.

No chance. We will beat them in final. We just lulled them into a false sense of security ready for the big one.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:54 - Oct 10 with 1165 viewsBLAZE

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:51 - Oct 10 by WarwickHunt

Not a great advert?

F*ck me - that was an incredible match. We lost though so it was rubbish match, obviously...

For the purists I guess, but little attacking play to get neutrals excited over

Although ye, I suppose the result is playing a big part in my judgement
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:54 - Oct 10 with 1150 viewsImAlrightJack

At the end of the day the Aussies could defend and we couldn't. When their defending ended and won the penalty, they almost scored at the other end with us leaving loads of holes. They didn't get the try but got a penalty to make it 15-6, wasn't a penalty try either. Joubert is the worse referee to ever live.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:56 - Oct 10 with 1134 viewsperchrockjack

Didn't enjoy the result but great battle.its sport.

I simply believe Southern Hemisphere boys are harder in every way, mentally for sure.

And to think Woodward thought oz would disintergrate.

He said really wound up the oz for sure

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:02 - Oct 10 with 1115 viewsRancid

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:54 - Oct 10 by ImAlrightJack

At the end of the day the Aussies could defend and we couldn't. When their defending ended and won the penalty, they almost scored at the other end with us leaving loads of holes. They didn't get the try but got a penalty to make it 15-6, wasn't a penalty try either. Joubert is the worse referee to ever live.

We didn't concede a try so I think we can defend.The difference today was we were like rabbits caught in the headlights.We knew the game was there for the taking but didn't know how to do it.Against the Boks we need to be expansive and work all week on being creative in the back line.Take them on up front and we'll get beaten.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:06 - Oct 10 with 1093 viewsperchrockjack

Agreed. If we re going out lets go out with a bit of swank.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:07 - Oct 10 with 1094 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I think we were like headless chickens for 10 minutes there. Australia had no option but to defend heroically (which they did) and give away penalties.

Why didn't we calm down and take three points early in that period then put them under pressure again and again and see what happened?

Because they had 13 men we decided we were bound to score a try and switched our brains off.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:08 - Oct 10 with 1089 viewsbuilthjack

Missed opportunity there against 13 men. But I think we will beat South Africa

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:10 - Oct 10 with 1086 viewsRancid

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:07 - Oct 10 by Joe_bradshaw

I think we were like headless chickens for 10 minutes there. Australia had no option but to defend heroically (which they did) and give away penalties.

Why didn't we calm down and take three points early in that period then put them under pressure again and again and see what happened?

Because they had 13 men we decided we were bound to score a try and switched our brains off.

Agree with this.We had about 4 or 5 penalties when they were down to 14 and then 13 but chose to go for the lineout and try.We could have scored 6 points at least in that period had we chosen to take the 3 points.Plenty of time left too.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:13 - Oct 10 with 1066 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:02 - Oct 10 by Rancid

We didn't concede a try so I think we can defend.The difference today was we were like rabbits caught in the headlights.We knew the game was there for the taking but didn't know how to do it.Against the Boks we need to be expansive and work all week on being creative in the back line.Take them on up front and we'll get beaten.

yeah, when we had those scrums, we had 7 vs 5 or 6 outside and didn't bother using it. Mind you, simply having cuthbert on the field meant we were a man down for the entire game.

North back to wing and a proper outside centre next week please. And no Cuthbert, even if Tipuric has to play on the wing.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:19 - Oct 10 with 1040 viewstomdickharry

Beat the Boks tell me how do Wales do that.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:19 - Oct 10 with 1035 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:10 - Oct 10 by Rancid

Agree with this.We had about 4 or 5 penalties when they were down to 14 and then 13 but chose to go for the lineout and try.We could have scored 6 points at least in that period had we chosen to take the 3 points.Plenty of time left too.

Tactical naivety

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:19 - Oct 10 with 1035 viewslifelong

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:52 - Oct 10 by monmouth

Honestly?? I thought that was a monumental battle and both sides know it. For me that was great rugby. Both teams gave their best, not an inch given and the right (better) team won (just) as it should be.

I suppose the problem I have is I am not a rugby fan so I didn't appreciate what I was watching, great rugby to me is an open game with plenty of tries.
When it was 15 men aside we just didn't look like scoring.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:21 - Oct 10 with 1030 viewsRancid

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:13 - Oct 10 by monmouth

yeah, when we had those scrums, we had 7 vs 5 or 6 outside and didn't bother using it. Mind you, simply having cuthbert on the field meant we were a man down for the entire game.

North back to wing and a proper outside centre next week please. And no Cuthbert, even if Tipuric has to play on the wing.

What's happened to Cuthbert? He's been dogshite for a while now and was again today.He was brilliant for us this last few years but has gone backwards rapidly this season.

I think we thought we could get there through the forwards today and kept it tight and hoped to do it through rolling mauls and pushover scrums.To me that showed a lack of confidence and conviction in spreading the ball out to our backs.Yet our best chances came from doing just that.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:25 - Oct 10 with 1018 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:21 - Oct 10 by Rancid

What's happened to Cuthbert? He's been dogshite for a while now and was again today.He was brilliant for us this last few years but has gone backwards rapidly this season.

I think we thought we could get there through the forwards today and kept it tight and hoped to do it through rolling mauls and pushover scrums.To me that showed a lack of confidence and conviction in spreading the ball out to our backs.Yet our best chances came from doing just that.

He has no rugby skills, never has. But at least he could finish. Now his confidence is shot and he really doesn't want or need to be there. Problem is with the injuries, we have no sodding option. Feel sorry for him actually. Every game is just a public humiliation.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:27 - Oct 10 with 1012 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:19 - Oct 10 by lifelong

I suppose the problem I have is I am not a rugby fan so I didn't appreciate what I was watching, great rugby to me is an open game with plenty of tries.
When it was 15 men aside we just didn't look like scoring.

Ah ok. If it was an open sevens type game, we'd have been utterly steamed. The best rugby is always a physical arm wrestle not a basketball try fest.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:28 - Oct 10 with 1008 viewsPegojack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:21 - Oct 10 by Rancid

Yep, I'm no rugby expert but I felt in those minutes when we were 15 v 13, we tried to play it tight amongst the forwards constantly when we should have concentrated on sucking them in, then spinning it out to the backs quickly. Surely the two man advantage would show up somewhere across the field if we did that?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:52 - Oct 10 with 911 viewsperchrockjack

Lifeu is always seeing rainbows . To me that was a hail storm.

These guys are top pros so should act as such.

Also,quitecwhy are our props so disgustingly fat.

Lee is a kid ffs and carrying at least two stone of flab.

Same with Francis.

Oz books kiwis aren't.

Our lfecstyle is still poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024