Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81429 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:41 - Sep 29 with 2453 viewssherpajacob

I was trying to work out some permutations today.

England will get 5 points against uruguay, so one way of looking at it is they are on 11points, with Australia and wales on 9 and a game in hand, but against each other.

So imho if England beat Australia they will go through,

So we must beat Fiji to put the pressure on both of them (particularly England) saturday.

We don't want to be playing Australia in a winner goes through game.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:10 - Sep 29 with 2427 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:41 - Sep 29 by sherpajacob

England will get 5 points against uruguay, so one way of looking at it is they are on 11points, with Australia and wales on 9 and a game in hand, but against each other.

So we must beat Fiji to put the pressure on both of them (particularly England) saturday.

Yep, if England win, they should go through.

We have to firstly hope that Wales beat Fiji, and get that vital 4th try bonus point — something Australia did not manage, so it “may” come back to bite them.

I don’t think it would be winner takes all against Aussie, but we maybe need a bonus point, and stop them getting one too.

Frankly, I’m hoping Australia beat England after we beat Fiji, so there is less pressure on me next week. Then we can play Aussie to see who comes 1st/2nd

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:51 - Sep 30 with 2383 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Sep 29 by monmouth

We need Liam Williams back in the team and Paul James back in the squad or replaced by Nicky Smith before Oz.

I hope Nipper can prove he's in any way an international player. At least he will bring a 'surprise' element to the Welsh play. He is so ill fitted to cement ball it's amazing he's there really. Gatland must really think Hook is last pick gash.

It's a big surprise to me that Nicky Smith didn't make the squad. A very exciting prospect

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:32 - Sep 30 with 2371 viewsUxbridge

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:41 - Sep 29 by sherpajacob

It'll depend if they win and any split of bonus points. If they allow the Aussies a couple without gaining one themselves then I can see Wales gaining one in the last game and going through on the head to head.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:07 - Sep 30 with 2352 viewsperchrockjack

Well at least its interesting but the anti eggers must be mighty confused with it all.

Fiji, its all about that game

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:43 - Sep 30 with 2324 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:07 - Sep 30 by perchrockjack

Well at least its interesting but the anti eggers must be mighty confused with it all.

Fiji, its all about that game

Thank god that giant is banned.

Let's hope we play tight and grind them down. Biggar with the boot and get those 4 tries!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:56 - Sep 30 with 2306 viewsperchrockjack

maybe its devine intervention and my prayers to the Gods have been answered.

As long as we do the basics we ll be just fine.

Im very excited and feel for those who are not and will be watching Hollyoaks instead.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:27 - Sep 30 with 2293 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:56 - Sep 30 by perchrockjack

maybe its devine intervention and my prayers to the Gods have been answered.

As long as we do the basics we ll be just fine.

Im very excited and feel for those who are not and will be watching Hollyoaks instead.

Some people just don't like rugby. You don't have to take a thinly veiled pop at them every post 😂
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:44 - Sep 30 with 2269 viewsperchrockjack

Lol.
Do under them what they do to you but do it first

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:50 - Sep 30 with 2264 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:32 - Sep 30 by Uxbridge

It'll depend if they win and any split of bonus points. If they allow the Aussies a couple without gaining one themselves then I can see Wales gaining one in the last game and going through on the head to head.

I've just already accepted we're going out. It saves time and any emotional effort. It's the Welsh way.

No way are the Orcs/officials/authorities going to let Oz win on Saturday and destroy the media dollars of home nation participation. Linesmen will probably be imported from Russia to declare the ball over the line.

And no way are we going to beat Oz in a shoot out.

(Words can't describe how happy I'd be to get a metaphorical arse kicking on Sunday morning for this)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:55 - Sep 30 with 2263 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:50 - Sep 30 by monmouth

I've just already accepted we're going out. It saves time and any emotional effort. It's the Welsh way.

No way are the Orcs/officials/authorities going to let Oz win on Saturday and destroy the media dollars of home nation participation. Linesmen will probably be imported from Russia to declare the ball over the line.

(Words can't describe how happy I'd be to get a metaphorical arse kicking on Sunday morning for this)

On the face of it, Aus are a damn sight more likely to beat England on Saturday than we were with approximately 15 minutes to go last Saturday and they didn't stop us winning!

I agree that the expectation of failure is reasonable, but if we win tomorrow (with a fifth point, particularly), I think England may well implode. They have the same issue as we often do - ex players / coaches etc who can't keep their mouths shut, and they didn't show an awful lot of bottle last week.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:32 - Sep 30 with 2227 viewsSwansNZ

You said the same thing about England v Wales.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:04 - Sep 30 with 2217 viewsmonmouth

Yes indeed.

This is previous view squared.

This time Enger would be toast with no further chance, whilst Oz would still have their bitches (us) to fall back on. Just can't see it ending well.

ps if I'm wrong again, I promise to get increasingly paranoid and negative.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2015 20:05]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:10 - Sep 30 with 2177 viewsUxbridge

Totally agree won't beat the SD's in a shootout. But one or two bonus points might just be enough.

We get 5 tomorrow and I think the odds swing in our favour. We have outs at the very least, especially if Saturday's game doesn't give our lovely neighbours any

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:42 - Sep 30 with 2165 viewspikeypaul

Bad news for the Aussies,Lancaster has called Ronnie Pickering into the squad.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:48 - Oct 1 with 2119 viewsTrundle10

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:42 - Sep 30 by pikeypaul

Bad news for the Aussies,Lancaster has called Ronnie Pickering into the squad.

Do you know who I am?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:51 - Oct 1 with 2104 viewspikeypaul

No,who are you.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:51 - Oct 1 with 2022 viewsBLAZE

Poor second half showing. Two tries after 30 minutes, should get the BP from there imo

Looking at the table and an England win against Aus will see us packing I think. I don't fancy us beating them and Englands guaranteed BP win against Uruguay will mean that not even a BP loss against Aus will be enough for us

Huge game on Saturday, I can see the f*ckers rising to the occassion too
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:55 - Oct 1 with 2012 viewsunion_jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:51 - Oct 1 by BLAZE

Poor second half showing. Two tries after 30 minutes, should get the BP from there imo

Looking at the table and an England win against Aus will see us packing I think. I don't fancy us beating them and Englands guaranteed BP win against Uruguay will mean that not even a BP loss against Aus will be enough for us

Huge game on Saturday, I can see the f*ckers rising to the occassion too

Yes very disappointing. Fiji were brutal so glad for the win.

Like you I can't see England losing Saturday nor us beating Australia so not looking that good potentially.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:03 - Oct 1 with 1992 viewsNeathJack

If my calculations are correct then if Australia lose to England on Sat and don't pick up any bonus points, then Wales will go through even with a defeat to Australia if the defeat is 7 points or less and the Aussies don't score 4 tries.

Lucky the football is more straightforward!
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:11 - Oct 1 with 1978 viewsBLAZE

Thanks to the BP system there's still quite a few permutations that could be realised, but maybe it's the pessimist in me but the one I pointed out above is most likely imo
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:32 - Oct 1 with 1953 viewsphact0rri

I only had the radio for the match because I'm at work, but that almost try at the 80 minute or there about... is it good I didn't see the replay... bonus so close...

All in all, game on for Oz v ingerlund... its been a while since I been behind Australia.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:42 - Oct 1 with 1943 viewsdickythorpe

England have to win , or if they do lose they need a losing bonus point of coming within 7 points......I really hope they don't score 4 tries as well!!!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 19:42]
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:45 - Oct 1 with 1937 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:32 - Oct 1 by phact0rri

I only had the radio for the match because I'm at work, but that almost try at the 80 minute or there about... is it good I didn't see the replay... bonus so close...

All in all, game on for Oz v ingerlund... its been a while since I been behind Australia.

Wouldn't have made any difference. We nearly scored just before half time, pretty sure we would then have gone on to get the bonus point.

England still have to beat Australia and Australia still have to beat us to knock us out. Thats before you factor bonus points into it. Neither are a given, particularly Saturdays match.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:52 - Oct 1 with 1923 viewsRancid

We were always in control and the better side apart from the scrum.Quarters beckon and I'd fancy us against anyone apart from the Aussies and New Zealand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024