Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81430 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:53 - Oct 1 with 1381 viewsJackfath

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:52 - Oct 1 by Rancid

We were always in control and the better side apart from the scrum.Quarters beckon and I'd fancy us against anyone apart from the Aussies and New Zealand.

And South Africa.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:54 - Oct 1 with 1379 viewsJackFish

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:42 - Oct 1 by dickythorpe

England have to win , or if they do lose they need a losing bonus point of coming within 7 points......I really hope they don't score 4 tries as well!!!
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 19:42]

No, if England lose they're gone, bonus points or not.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Oct 1 with 1377 viewsJackfath

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:54 - Oct 1 by JackFish

HOOOORAY!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Oct 1 with 1375 viewsmonmouth

Went pretty much as I expected other than the totally brainless tactics. If we go out through the lost bonus point then we deserve to. That second half was as stupid as I've ever seen.

I never thought it would matter though, except when we tried to throw away the win by giving Fiji the ball. It was always going to be about oz beating the tarquins. Failing that we can kiss it goodbye.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:58 - Oct 1 with 1372 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:54 - Oct 1 by JackFish

Wales have 13 points, England have 6 plus Uruguay to play that should equal 11 so if they get 2 bonus points from losing they would be on 13 ( I'm over thinking here that they'll get within 7 points and score 4 tries)......they could get 3 point if they draw and score 4 tries which would pump them to 14.....assuming they'll get 5 points v Uruguay.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:04 - Oct 1 with 1360 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:52 - Oct 1 by Rancid

We were always in control and the better side apart from the scrum.Quarters beckon and I'd fancy us against anyone apart from the Aussies and New Zealand.

Seriously mate? We were utter gash today. Any decent team would hose that shower we put out today on that display. We need Liam Williams and Paul James back and biggar to be ok, plus Samson Lee properly fit, Charteris and Tipuric in the team and to find a winger that can get Cuthbert off the f*cking field.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:07 - Oct 1 with 1347 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:58 - Oct 1 by dickythorpe

Wales have 13 points, England have 6 plus Uruguay to play that should equal 11 so if they get 2 bonus points from losing they would be on 13 ( I'm over thinking here that they'll get within 7 points and score 4 tries)......they could get 3 point if they draw and score 4 tries which would pump them to 14.....assuming they'll get 5 points v Uruguay.

if they are on13 wales go through head to head. Lose and they are gone.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:08 - Oct 1 with 1341 viewsperchrockjack

I really didn't want to get depressed min, frankly I thought we d lose at one stage so glad we won.

It's all rather exciting ,worrying, stressful .

There again watching pride of Britain programme puts it into perspective

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:12 - Oct 1 with 1337 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:58 - Oct 1 by dickythorpe

I'd be amazed if England lose to Australia but still manage 4 tries. Even if they do, we will go through on the head to head I think.

Edit - looks like Monmouth already answered this. Should read all the posts before I reply
[Post edited 1 Oct 2015 20:13]
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:17 - Oct 1 with 1328 viewsBLAZE

Cuthbert would over take Felix Baumgartner in a fall from grace, but couldn't beat Brian Baumgartner in a foot race at the moment; his confidence is shot

Hooky gave a 5 minute masterclass on how to lose possession too
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:17 - Oct 1 with 1328 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Oct 1 by monmouth

Went pretty much as I expected other than the totally brainless tactics. If we go out through the lost bonus point then we deserve to. That second half was as stupid as I've ever seen.

I never thought it would matter though, except when we tried to throw away the win by giving Fiji the ball. It was always going to be about oz beating the tarquins. Failing that we can kiss it goodbye.

You're being very negative Mon :-)

We did OK - we were out on our feet second half - not surprising when you think how quick the turnaround between the matches was and the effort that went into Saturday. Fiji are no mugs either - their performances have been a lot better than their point total suggests.

I tell you what though - up here, the English supporters were desperately hoping we lost that - they are not feeling confident about Saturday at all. When you look at it logically, we have a good rest now and England have to win, whereas we can win, draw or get a losing bonus point and still probably go through. They would far rather be in our position.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:17 - Oct 1 with 1326 viewsphact0rri

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:45 - Oct 1 by jack247

Wouldn't have made any difference. We nearly scored just before half time, pretty sure we would then have gone on to get the bonus point.

England still have to beat Australia and Australia still have to beat us to knock us out. Thats before you factor bonus points into it. Neither are a given, particularly Saturdays match.

Oh right for some reason I thought we were on for the fourth at that point the way the commentary sounded. But this world cup... I think its taking years off my life every week. Specially considering that I've got a japanese in the household. :D

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:19 - Oct 1 with 1320 viewsperchrockjack

Fiji were fantastic lets face it..

It was a win

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:30 - Oct 1 with 1304 viewsexiledclaseboy

I watched the whole game today. Go me.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:31 - Oct 1 with 1301 viewsRancid

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:53 - Oct 1 by Jackfath

And South Africa.

I think we'd beat them.They're all has beens from yesteryear.They're the only southern hemisphere side we'd beat I think though.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:31 - Oct 1 with 1259 viewsJackfath

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:30 - Oct 1 by exiledclaseboy

I watched the whole game today. Go me.

Did you take a selfie and put it on facebook?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:32 - Oct 1 with 1253 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:31 - Oct 1 by Jackfath

Did you take a selfie and put it on facebook?

No. I've got man flu and am weak as a kitten.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:34 - Oct 1 with 1247 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:17 - Oct 1 by BLAZE

Cuthbert would over take Felix Baumgartner in a fall from grace, but couldn't beat Brian Baumgartner in a foot race at the moment; his confidence is shot

Hooky gave a 5 minute masterclass on how to lose possession too

Hook got through the line twice

And both times dropped the ball

Cuthbert should have taken that interception, and we would have scored a try, but dropped the fecker and Fiji scored their try from it

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:36 - Oct 1 with 1242 viewsbuilthjack

The Fiji kicker missed a couple of sitters. If he had popped them over they would have been going for the win at the end. We were lucky.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:39 - Oct 1 with 1238 viewsSwansNZ

Very disappointed we didn’t get a bonus point, but in the end, just glad we came away with a win.

It’s still in our hands, but our record against Aussie is not great. Just hope Australia beat England, or even a draw, so it does not go down to the last game

What a fecking pool — Fiji would stand a chance of making the quarter finals in most other pools, yet have not got a point from 3 games in pool A

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:40 - Oct 1 with 1234 viewsexiledclaseboy

If Fiji's kicker wasn't such a minge they may well have won today. Layman's view like. I know f*ck all really.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:40 - Oct 1 with 1234 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:07 - Oct 1 by monmouth

if they are on13 wales go through head to head. Lose and they are gone.

If England win they will get at least 15 points and almost certainly go through. As a result of some favourable decisions against fiji.

If they lose even with bonus points, the most they can get to is 13 which is the least Wales a nd Australia will have, so England will go out on head to heads

In summary, if England win they go through, if they lose they go out.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:46 - Oct 1 with 1220 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:40 - Oct 1 by sherpajacob

If England win they will get at least 15 points and almost certainly go through. As a result of some favourable decisions against fiji.

If they lose even with bonus points, the most they can get to is 13 which is the least Wales a nd Australia will have, so England will go out on head to heads

In summary, if England win they go through, if they lose they go out.

Still so many possibilities.

If Eng and Aus draw and get 2 points each, Wales will go through. If the both get a 4 try bonus draw, then Wales would need a point from the Aus game, or we’d go out.

If England do beat Australia, we have to hope Aus don’t get any bonus points, so we could still go through with a losing bonus v Aus.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:54 - Oct 1 with 1210 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:17 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

You're being very negative Mon :-)

We did OK - we were out on our feet second half - not surprising when you think how quick the turnaround between the matches was and the effort that went into Saturday. Fiji are no mugs either - their performances have been a lot better than their point total suggests.

I tell you what though - up here, the English supporters were desperately hoping we lost that - they are not feeling confident about Saturday at all. When you look at it logically, we have a good rest now and England have to win, whereas we can win, draw or get a losing bonus point and still probably go through. They would far rather be in our position.

I actually think Oz will smash them on Saturday, but they'll need to, considering we've lost 10 on the spin vs Oz with better teams than we have just now with the injuries. With a full team I think we might well have topped the group and done something special.

We were very poor today though. Giving the ball to Fiji in space continually is not what you want to do and we should know that. When we played with structure we had them by the curlies, then we went back to headless panic which suited them to a T. I agree the team was knackered though, mentally and physically. Not really surprising given the emotion of Saturday. I'm sure this was planned to be the second string but we no longer have one.

Oh well, lick the wounds and give Oz a run whatever happens.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:29 - Oct 2 with 1133 viewslonglostjack

Even in the seventies I was a perpetual pessimist and happy when we won - sort of self defence mechanism. Feel the same now, can see in my worst dream England hammering Australia and Australia beating us. But surely Australia will be up for it at Twickers, a bit of loose ball - and they'll exploit it. Head says good chance that England will be beaten tomorrow - got to drive those pessimistic demons out - but if I couldn't ever do it in the seventies what chance today ! Too late to arrange a bloody therapist now anyway - the game is tomorrow.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024