Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81554 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:27 - Oct 4 with 1557 viewsperchrockjack

I read his book on holiday.
Quite funny chap.

Disagree about Kay, btw.

Still, main thing is they re out and silent.

Itv coverage is gash

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:59 - Oct 4 with 1532 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:24 - Oct 4 by Neath_Jack

I've enjoyed this Rugby World cup more than any football world cup I've ever watched, it's been outstanding.

As for Nigel Owens, one of the best referees in the game and his quips with the players are f*cking great. Shame some of the football ref's weren't more like him. People want f*ucking robots these days, reading from some monologue script, same with managers, more managers like Holloway the game needs.

Not at all. I like the guy, think there should be more banter between refs and players in any sport. He obviously gets a lot of respect for it. What I object to is him continually belittling football when he does it. If he wants to embarass a rugby player for diving or play acting, he doesn't need to take the easy target. Comes across as bitter and childish when he is actually a funny guy
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:05 - Oct 4 with 1528 viewsJackfath

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:59 - Oct 4 by jack247

Not at all. I like the guy, think there should be more banter between refs and players in any sport. He obviously gets a lot of respect for it. What I object to is him continually belittling football when he does it. If he wants to embarass a rugby player for diving or play acting, he doesn't need to take the easy target. Comes across as bitter and childish when he is actually a funny guy

He comes across the same as those on here who choose to have a pop at the Welsh team and/or rugby at every opportunity

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:10 - Oct 4 with 1524 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:05 - Oct 4 by Jackfath

He comes across the same as those on here who choose to have a pop at the Welsh team and/or rugby at every opportunity

Absolutely. The only difference is that he does it on TV.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:43 - Oct 4 with 1499 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:56 - Oct 4 by perchrockjack

Most of us living in England will have watched it somewhat reticently sdo as not to offend chums.

I had my hands down my pants near the hand .

Its all about English media arrogance and the cocksucking comments of "greats" like the woodward, wilko,Dallaghlio and Ben Kay axis and quite how inverdale didn't have a coronary in the studio was a surprise.

They were simply found out by a team , resilient ,proud and brave who were no doubt extra motivated seeing the press cuttings.

Clever clever management too from OZ WHO KEPT SCHTUM ALL WEEK

I haven't been remotely reticent.

i have been making as much of a gloating fuss about it as humanly possible.

My English family and friends would have done exactly the same the other way round. That's the whole point of it all.

If you can't tell them at the top of your voice where to stick their chariot after this last week then the momet is wasted.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:49 - Oct 4 with 1496 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:43 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

I haven't been remotely reticent.

i have been making as much of a gloating fuss about it as humanly possible.

My English family and friends would have done exactly the same the other way round. That's the whole point of it all.

If you can't tell them at the top of your voice where to stick their chariot after this last week then the momet is wasted.

Which is apparently ok unless you're at a football match in which case it's embarrassing and small minded or something.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:52 - Oct 4 with 1489 viewsperchrockjack

I watched it with my missus so I wasnt going to spoil a potentially good night.

You re not interested in the game Andrew so...

It's better to be subtle with schadenfreude and let the glow stay within.

You know what I mean Andrew .

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:54 - Oct 4 with 1485 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:52 - Oct 4 by perchrockjack

I'm a big fan of schadenfreude. It appeals to the b*stard in me. And I've watched quite a bit of eggby this past few days I'll have you know.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:56 - Oct 4 with 1478 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:52 - Oct 4 by perchrockjack

I find being subtle on such occasions greatly spoils the fun.

I shall have fun for the next couple of weeks (at least) about it all, as they would be perfectly entitled to the other way round.

It's hilarious and anyone that genuinely takes offence has a screw loose.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:58 - Oct 4 with 1474 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:49 - Oct 4 by exiledclaseboy

Which is apparently ok unless you're at a football match in which case it's embarrassing and small minded or something.

Funny how it wasn't seen as being embarrassing and small minded at Southampton last week when they were singing about their beloved Chariots wasn't it??

Some people need to get over their inferiority complex and stop apologising.

To clarify - I don't mean you as I'm sure you know!
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:59 - Oct 4 with 1472 viewsperchrockjack

No subtle anscskybis far better.

Nothing better than saying , hard luck mate, or good luck hope you get through .when it goes tits up, it leaves aswarm glow

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:01 - Oct 4 with 1467 viewsmonmouth

Do you seriously think they won't be giving it plenty when they next get the chance. They do it before they play any games never mind if they should win. One year some technology c*nt, probably the IT Director changed my password to 34-6 after we'd lost by that score.

Give it plenty, and take it in good humour when it inevitably comes back the other way. It's only sport.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:04 - Oct 4 with 1460 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:01 - Oct 4 by monmouth

Do you seriously think they won't be giving it plenty when they next get the chance. They do it before they play any games never mind if they should win. One year some technology c*nt, probably the IT Director changed my password to 34-6 after we'd lost by that score.

Give it plenty, and take it in good humour when it inevitably comes back the other way. It's only sport.

Absolutely right.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:06 - Oct 4 with 1456 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:01 - Oct 4 by monmouth

I actually find it best not to mention stuff like this to English colleagues. Makes them spend all morning on tenterhooks waiting for it and just like an injection, the anticipation is the worst bit.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:18 - Oct 4 with 1444 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:06 - Oct 4 by jack247

I actually find it best not to mention stuff like this to English colleagues. Makes them spend all morning on tenterhooks waiting for it and just like an injection, the anticipation is the worst bit.

One actually asked for a meeting with me last week just to tell me how gutted he was and how we deserved it. I was so taken aback I explained that England were surely still favourites to go through. I should really have got his shoelaces and tie.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:21 - Oct 4 with 1441 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:18 - Oct 4 by monmouth

One actually asked for a meeting with me last week just to tell me how gutted he was and how we deserved it. I was so taken aback I explained that England were surely still favourites to go through. I should really have got his shoelaces and tie.

No one has asked for a meeting with me for this week - I think they know what's coming !!

I've had so much stick over the years, I'm enjoying my moment!
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:00 - Oct 4 with 1412 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:59 - Oct 4 by perchrockjack

No subtle anscskybis far better.

Nothing better than saying , hard luck mate, or good luck hope you get through .when it goes tits up, it leaves aswarm glow

anscskybis?

What the f*ck were you trying to type?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:07 - Oct 4 with 1404 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:00 - Oct 4 by WarwickHunt

anscskybis?

What the f*ck were you trying to type?

Either that or he's chosen the 'wingdings' font on his i Pad

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:59 - Oct 4 with 1363 viewsBanosswan

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:49 - Oct 4 by exiledclaseboy

Possibly because in the past, something as ' small' as that had led to mass violence. Football is improving infinitely, but there's always this worry that a little spark could reverse everything.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:46 - Oct 5 with 1326 viewslonglostjack

I did text to a good friend of mine from Bath immediately after the match that I hoped that England would beat Uruguay. That's just plain good manners.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:50 - Oct 5 with 1280 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:46 - Oct 5 by longlostjack

I did text to a good friend of mine from Bath immediately after the match that I hoped that England would beat Uruguay. That's just plain good manners.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:57 - Oct 5 with 1234 viewsperchrockjack

Up early Phil.

Weak bladder

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:31 - Oct 5 with 1212 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:57 - Oct 5 by perchrockjack

Up early Phil.

Weak bladder

He's suffering with anscskybis

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:34 - Oct 5 with 1207 viewsUxbridge

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:46 - Oct 5 by longlostjack

I congratulated a previously rather confident England fan on achieving their goal of automatically qualifying for the next World Cup. It was the least I could do.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:35 - Oct 5 with 1207 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:31 - Oct 5 by SwansNZ

He's suffering with anscskybis

Doc said it's TERMINAL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024