Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81335 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:11 - Oct 7 with 1861 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:39 - Oct 7 by Trundle10

George clancy is ruining the Namibia v Georgia game simgle handedly. Giving Namibia everything

George clancy ruins every game he refs.

He's probably confused because there is no "home team" for him to give every decision to.

Thank god he didn't do england v wales

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:26 - Oct 7 with 1847 viewsSwansNZ

I don’t like this rule where you have uncontested scrums because you don’t have a spare loose-head or tight-head prop. A prop should be able to play on either side safely.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:27 - Oct 7 with 1843 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:11 - Oct 7 by sherpajacob

George clancy ruins every game he refs.

He's probably confused because there is no "home team" for him to give every decision to.

Thank god he didn't do england v wales

Worst referee ever, against some seriously tough current competition.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:34 - Oct 7 with 1827 viewsmonmouth

shamelessly nicked from elsewhere.

England have gone out at the group stage at Rugby, Football an Cricket World Cups. Wales are 8th at Football and 3rd at Rugby. Above them in both and they have around 20 times our population.

Good innit.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:36 - Oct 7 with 1823 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:34 - Oct 7 by monmouth

England have gone out at the group stage at Rugby, Football an Cricket World Cups. Wales are 8th at Football and 3rd at Rugby. Above them in both and they have around 20 times our population.

Good innit.

The England and Wales cricket team

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:42 - Oct 7 with 1814 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:36 - Oct 7 by SwansNZ

The England and Wales cricket team

F**k that until they change the name. Arrogant c**ts.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:43 - Oct 7 with 1809 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:34 - Oct 7 by monmouth

Good innit.

I may be wrong but I think the last victories by england soccer and rugby teams in the knockout stages of tournaments were versus Ecuador in 2006 and France in 2007 respectively .

Major sporting nation my arse

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:03 - Oct 7 with 1783 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:43 - Oct 7 by sherpajacob

I may be wrong but I think the last victories by england soccer and rugby teams in the knockout stages of tournaments were versus Ecuador in 2006 and France in 2007 respectively .

Major sporting nation my arse

Even longer for cricket. I can’t remember when they last won a cricket knockout match in the world cup

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:35 - Oct 8 with 1688 viewsDevz00

Wales have North in the centre for saturday. Liam Williams on the wing, Anscombe full back. Tips starts too, as does Samson Lee. Paul James in for Gethin Jenkins. Charteris in for Bradley Davies.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34469773
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 12:37]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:05 - Oct 8 with 1671 viewsdickythorpe

Tipuric will relish playing against Oz, big opportunity for Anscombe to prove his worth as I haven't seen anything yet from him.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:31 - Oct 8 with 1656 viewstrampie

Anscombe picked over Hook at full back and North picked over Hook at centre.......hmm

I'm concerned about Anscombe he came with a reputation and so far I haven't seen it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:37 - Oct 8 with 1657 viewsperchrockjack

GOOD AND BRAVE CALL from GATLAND.

Risky having ANSCONBE at full back but Tiporic will be outstanding

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:09 - Oct 8 with 1646 viewsDevz00

My main concern is Cuthbert. His confidence seems shot to pieces at the moment. He can't do anything positive.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread (n/t) on 14:15 - Oct 8 with 1637 viewsperchrockjack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:19 - Oct 8 with 1631 viewsProfessor

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:09 - Oct 8 by Devz00

My main concern is Cuthbert. His confidence seems shot to pieces at the moment. He can't do anything positive.

I would have gone for North and WIlliams on the wing, Anscombe or Hook centre and kept Matthew Morgan at 15. Bit i am a biologist and Gatland the successful coach but at least it is a team to win not just show up.

The risk is worth taking.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:19 - Oct 8 with 1631 viewsperchrockjack

BEST 15 left standing. I doubt there s been many bigger threequarter line ups but Cutlbutt could well come back to form in this contest.

Wales doing exactly the opposite England did insofar as they are clearly going balls out for it.

This is OUR final. Massive game.

Its truly brave and could bite us on the rase having North at centre but if he gets the ball enough he ll be something to really trouble OZ.

Gethin simply couldn't be picked. His time sadly is up. GREAT player

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:33 - Oct 8 with 1621 viewsDevz00

I don't know about that Perch, I think we'll see Gethin start again this tournament. Ignoring his recent troubles in the scrum, his work-rate all over the pitch is incredible. Tips will make up for this though. Like Bradley Davies and Lydiate, Gethin has been battered and I think all 3 are being rested.

North in the centre is just fronting up to the Wallabies and typical 'Warren-ball'. They'll know what to expect from us, but then they also knew what to expect from us during the Lions tour and it worked out well enough. There is a concern around North's defence though.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:45 - Oct 8 with 1591 viewsUxbridge

Gethin's been our best player this tournament. First to the breakdown, countless turnovers, earned the winning pen vs Eng. I suppose if you're just looking at the scrum then I could see why but there's more to the game than that

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:12 - Oct 8 with 1554 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:45 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

Gethin's been our best player this tournament. First to the breakdown, countless turnovers, earned the winning pen vs Eng. I suppose if you're just looking at the scrum then I could see why but there's more to the game than that

He's played much more than expected in terms of time on the pitch and is 34. We'll probably have SA next week, so it makes sense.

Strongish team given the injuries but it would have been Williams L at full back for me, North on the wing and (gulp) Hook at outside centre.

Looking forward to it anyway. It's nowhere near as big a game as next week, whoever we end up playing.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:28 - Oct 8 with 1544 viewslonglostjack

Tipuric will really be up for it! Always prefer to see North on the wing of course but good selection anyway - starting to feel a bit confident - damn it - that's never good!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:47 - Oct 8 with 1524 viewsUxbridge

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:12 - Oct 8 by monmouth

He's played much more than expected in terms of time on the pitch and is 34. We'll probably have SA next week, so it makes sense.

Strongish team given the injuries but it would have been Williams L at full back for me, North on the wing and (gulp) Hook at outside centre.

Looking forward to it anyway. It's nowhere near as big a game as next week, whoever we end up playing.

Oh I'd have rested him too. James needs a game plus we need to stand up to the Aussie scrum (words I never thought I'd write).

It's almost a full strength team. I would never, ever pick Hook!!

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:56 - Oct 8 with 1513 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:47 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

Oh I'd have rested him too. James needs a game plus we need to stand up to the Aussie scrum (words I never thought I'd write).

It's almost a full strength team. I would never, ever pick Hook!!

Genuinely feeling quite positive for this match. Alarmingly so actually. So cue a 20 point drubbing.

But, do you know what, I really don't think so. I've a feeling the Aussies were made to look a bit more special than they are by England being a bit crap.

I can't believe how the draw opens up if we did win this.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:58 - Oct 8 with 1510 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:28 - Oct 8 by longlostjack

Tipuric will really be up for it! Always prefer to see North on the wing of course but good selection anyway - starting to feel a bit confident - damn it - that's never good!

North is obviously a great winger and maybe not the best defensively in the centre, but we don't have a particularly expansive style and he is often isolated while we play crash ball in the middle. At least playing him as a centre should ensure he gets plenty of ball in hand, even if he is running into more congested areas.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:10 - Oct 8 with 1498 viewsUxbridge

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:56 - Oct 8 by londonlisa2001

Genuinely feeling quite positive for this match. Alarmingly so actually. So cue a 20 point drubbing.

But, do you know what, I really don't think so. I've a feeling the Aussies were made to look a bit more special than they are by England being a bit crap.

I can't believe how the draw opens up if we did win this.

What I couldn't believe in the run up to that game was the amount of people thinking England would win because they had to. That was precisely the reason I knew they wouldn't, that and their scrummaging being dismantled in the press the week before.

Agree the Aussies are being built up to be more than they are, but they're still awfully good. I'd be a lot more confident if we didn't have half our best XV injured.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:56 - Oct 8 with 1472 viewsperchrockjack

Best player? 3 scrums 3 penalties.
He cannot adjust to scrum laws and Adam Jones was the same.

Prop s priority is to secure the set piece as without that you cannot win test matches.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024