Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 80930 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:24 - Sep 18 with 1947 viewstrampie

Welcome to the English WC.

Penalty try, yellow card, ref tried to get Fiji down to 13 but the TMO stopped him, crucial 4th try on the whistle, 3 angles no try, 1 angle inconclusive and they give the English the try.

I'm not surprised, predicted it in fact, it was obvious England was going to get every decision going, Fiji and as a consequence Australia and Wales were always going to get done tonight.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:35 - Sep 18 with 1930 viewstrampie

Oh and I forgot the ref failed to send an English player to the bin when the English player had wrestled a Fijian out of a maul with his forearm around the players neck.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:19 - Sep 19 with 1852 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:24 - Sep 18 by trampie

Welcome to the English WC.

Penalty try, yellow card, ref tried to get Fiji down to 13 but the TMO stopped him, crucial 4th try on the whistle, 3 angles no try, 1 angle inconclusive and they give the English the try.

I'm not surprised, predicted it in fact, it was obvious England was going to get every decision going, Fiji and as a consequence Australia and Wales were always going to get done tonight.

The last minute try looked like a try, but it was not absolutely clear it was on the line, so should not have been given.

Not regarding the try, but it p1sses me off when the TMO tells the ref what action to give. The ref should be the one in charge.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:21 - Sep 19 with 1850 viewsSwansNZ

Looks like one sided games today, except France v Italy. You have to say France should win it, and I hope they do - repeat of France beating NZ in Cardiff will do me fine.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:45 - Sep 19 with 1837 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:19 - Sep 19 by SwansNZ

The last minute try looked like a try, but it was not absolutely clear it was on the line, so should not have been given.

Not regarding the try, but it p1sses me off when the TMO tells the ref what action to give. The ref should be the one in charge.

Agree it looked like a try, but video evidence was inconclusive, and as ref asked try or no try, the tmo has to see clear evidence of the ball touching the line.

As for Fiji s disallowed try, this getting into dangerous terrorrity.

Imagine england v wales, England score " a try" which the ref awards. Whilst the conversion is being lined up, the tv director spots an england knock on, but the english man in charge of the big screen pulls the plug so it doesn't get shown.

At the england v new Zealand game last year nigel owens got pelters from the crowd because the big screen replays kept showing replays that cast doubt on NZ scores which nigel had correctly awarded.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:52 - Sep 19 with 1832 viewssherpajacob

At least itv had a well balanced commentary and analysis team. Ex england forwards, backs and coaches.

Clive Woodward analysis of the penalty try was laughable. It essentially amounted to " we are england, therefore we should be given it"

surely someone like serevi or nick little could have been employed to give some facade of balance.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:22 - Sep 19 with 1818 viewsSwaneeRiver

Is it finished yet ?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:25 - Sep 19 with 1801 viewsorion3016

Japan making it interesting against south Africa

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:05 - Sep 19 with 1791 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:25 - Sep 19 by orion3016

Japan making it interesting against south Africa

19-19 Fair ply to Japan, taking it to them alright

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:41 - Sep 19 with 1784 viewsorion3016

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:05 - Sep 19 by Neath_Jack

19-19 Fair ply to Japan, taking it to them alright

What a game unbelievable

Be over there now after

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:43 - Sep 19 with 1782 viewsNeath_Jack

What a win for Japan!

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:45 - Sep 19 with 1778 viewsorion3016

That's just incredible they were fantastic fair play

Be over there now after

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:46 - Sep 19 with 1773 viewsskippyjack

One of the great sporting upsets just happened.. incredible!

Stewards are jumping up and down
players are crying
the fans are crying

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:48 - Sep 19 with 1771 viewssherpajacob

Unbelievable win for Japan.

Or south africa doing a helmut schoen and avoiding new Zealand in the semi final.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:49 - Sep 19 with 1765 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:48 - Sep 19 by sherpajacob

Unbelievable win for Japan.

Or south africa doing a helmut schoen and avoiding new Zealand in the semi final.

Thoroughly deserved by Japan that.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:50 - Sep 19 with 1765 viewsJack_Meoff

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:46 - Sep 19 by skippyjack

One of the great sporting upsets just happened.. incredible!

Stewards are jumping up and down
players are crying
the fans are crying

I must confess I have something in my eye here..dust I think....that was astonishing!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:56 - Sep 19 with 1755 viewsdickythorpe

South Africa were 1/750
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:09 - Sep 19 with 1743 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:56 - Sep 19 by dickythorpe

South Africa were 1/750

What are the odds for Wales v Uruguay tomorrow

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:22 - Sep 19 with 1722 viewsdickythorpe

Wales 1/1000
Uruguay 100/1
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Sep 19 with 1705 viewsImAlrightJack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:52 - Sep 19 by sherpajacob

At least itv had a well balanced commentary and analysis team. Ex england forwards, backs and coaches.

Clive Woodward analysis of the penalty try was laughable. It essentially amounted to " we are england, therefore we should be given it"

surely someone like serevi or nick little could have been employed to give some facade of balance.

The "We are England and so should be given it" attitude, was just as bad from ITV just as much as it was from old Auntie Beeb after Wilkinson scored that try, although his legs were clearly over the line-out line. Not one single mention of it at the time, just like why that penalty try shouldn't be given.

Absolutely sickens me this English "God-given-right" attitude does.

Still, well done Japan, what a game that was.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:00 - Sep 19 with 1701 viewsDarran

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Sep 19 by ImAlrightJack

The "We are England and so should be given it" attitude, was just as bad from ITV just as much as it was from old Auntie Beeb after Wilkinson scored that try, although his legs were clearly over the line-out line. Not one single mention of it at the time, just like why that penalty try shouldn't be given.

Absolutely sickens me this English "God-given-right" attitude does.

Still, well done Japan, what a game that was.

Come on England.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:15 - Sep 19 with 1692 viewsunion_jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:00 - Sep 19 by Darran

Come on England.

Daz, don't rise to the 'chip on your shoulder' brigade. Lots of anti England here but not surprised tbh.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:29 - Sep 19 with 1647 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:21 - Sep 19 by SwansNZ

Looks like one sided games today, except France v Italy. You have to say France should win it, and I hope they do - repeat of France beating NZ in Cardiff will do me fine.

One sided games. What do I know

Well done Japan.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:33 - Sep 20 with 1611 viewsUxbridge

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:50 - Sep 19 by Jack_Meoff

I must confess I have something in my eye here..dust I think....that was astonishing!

You weren't the only one. Astonishing. The greatest sporting upset of all time, and what sheer balls to turn down the equalising penalty not once, but twice. Awesome.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 04:51 - Sep 20 with 1587 viewsCooperman

It's the morning after here in Tokyo and I'm yet to find a local who is aware of yesterday's result.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024