Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 80915 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:44 - Oct 11 with 1307 viewsorion3016

Liam williams body finally breaking
If we manage to beat the boks it'll be superb achievement

Be over there now after

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:45 - Oct 11 with 1303 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:15 - Oct 11 by ChrisSCFC

They got f*cked up by the first decent side they came up against.

Congratulations to Australia, a real Rugby nation.

We talking about England or Wales here Chris? Only one team they completely humiliated.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:53 - Oct 11 with 1290 viewsdickythorpe

These minnow sides like Namibia can't be enjoying themselves. The Pumas are thrashing them at half time.
Time to cull the number of teams down to 4 groups of 4?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:00 - Oct 11 with 1277 viewsdickythorpe

28 missed tackles by Namibia in the first half!!!!!!FFS
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:02 - Oct 11 with 1267 viewsChrisSCFC

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:00 - Oct 11 by dickythorpe

28 missed tackles by Namibia in the first half!!!!!!FFS

Cuthbert wouldn't get in their team.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:05 - Oct 11 with 1264 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:53 - Oct 11 by dickythorpe

These minnow sides like Namibia can't be enjoying themselves. The Pumas are thrashing them at half time.
Time to cull the number of teams down to 4 groups of 4?

No mun, have to try and expand the game. Look at Japan. They've had loads of humpings but this effort will increase the playing numbers hugely...and in 8-12 years maybe look out. If it ever took off in the usa or china the powers that be could kiss heir asses goodbye. Its the only thing that can stop England eventually dominating and nobody, except a few thousand braying Timothy's, wants that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:41 - Oct 11 with 1237 viewsdickythorpe

I see where you are coming from Monmouth but hidings like this don't do either side any good.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:50 - Oct 11 with 1231 viewsperchrockjack

Not really sure as to how to react to some replies.

It appears our front row are just fine .

Hope Saturday our fitness will tell

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:25 - Oct 11 with 1201 viewsRancid

Didn't our front row and scrum do rather well yesterday? And didn't Australia have to change their entire front row after 65 minutes?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:28 - Oct 11 with 1188 viewsdickythorpe

It was sheer bloody effort from both sides yesterday. All did well despite the lack of "flair" some are upset about.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:33 - Oct 11 with 1180 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:25 - Oct 11 by Rancid

Didn't our front row and scrum do rather well yesterday? And didn't Australia have to change their entire front row after 65 minutes?

Indeed they did.

There have been former All Blacks and Francois Pienaar saying that Wales are the fittest team in the world and that's what carried them through despite the massive injury list in the final quarter against England.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:33 - Oct 11 with 1180 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:50 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

Not really sure as to how to react to some replies.

It appears our front row are just fine .

Hope Saturday our fitness will tell

Honest question. Do you think those boys would be the shape they are if Gatland wanted them to have the physique of the Southern Hemisphere teams?

Conditioning is a massive part of any top level rugby team, especially with him in charge. If he wanted them to be leaner and quicker with more stamina, at the expense of being easier to push backwards, they would be, or he would bring other players in.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:44 - Oct 11 with 1164 viewsUxbridge

Things I've learnt today.

Pizza does not exist in Australia.
Gatland doesn't bother with that fitness nonsense.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:53 - Oct 11 with 1149 viewsRancid

Something I just learned was that yesterday was the first time since 1999 that Wales didn't score a try.16 years, that's incredible.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:02 - Oct 11 with 1132 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:53 - Oct 11 by Rancid

Something I just learned was that yesterday was the first time since 1999 that Wales didn't score a try.16 years, that's incredible.

In a world cup game you mean? Hardly incredible mun, we've only played group games and a couple of knock outs, maybe 7-8 games against decent sides. When the Grand Wizard Jenkins was in charge in 2007 in the 6N we couldn't even score a try against Scotland. Now that IS incredible.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:05 - Oct 11 with 1131 viewsexiledclaseboy

So have we got any chance against South Africa?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:08 - Oct 11 with 1128 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:05 - Oct 11 by exiledclaseboy

So have we got any chance against South Africa?

Depends on who's available. Do you fancy a game?

Yes is the answer. They are no great shakes and we've beaten them twice in the whole history of rugby union after all.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:25 - Oct 11 with 1105 viewsRancid

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:02 - Oct 11 by monmouth

In a world cup game you mean? Hardly incredible mun, we've only played group games and a couple of knock outs, maybe 7-8 games against decent sides. When the Grand Wizard Jenkins was in charge in 2007 in the 6N we couldn't even score a try against Scotland. Now that IS incredible.

Yep, in a WC I meant
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:36 - Oct 11 with 1095 viewsperchrockjack

As a team, we re fit ,some very much so and brave beyond the call of duty but to suggest two thirds of our front row are fit enough aint for me.

Why are props replaced after 60 mins.

The likes of Windsor, Faulkner and Pricey would have had to be shot to be taken from the field of play.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:28 - Oct 11 with 1073 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:36 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

As a team, we re fit ,some very much so and brave beyond the call of duty but to suggest two thirds of our front row are fit enough aint for me.

The likes of Windsor, Faulkner and Pricey would have had to be shot to be taken from the field of play.

They play until they are knackered and then get replaced. Australia did the same thing. You could put a more athletic guy in there to last 80 minutes, but he would probably get bullied all game. I'm not a conditioning expert, but he has clearly gone for power and weight ahead of finesse. He would have had both options.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:17 - Oct 11 with 1049 viewslondonlisa2001

I genuinely thought I was a bad loser until I saw Perch's posts after yesterday's rugby and football ! He makes me look like the Dalai Lama
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:27 - Oct 11 with 1040 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:36 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

Game has changed, Richie - those three would have been f*cked by half-time.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:37 - Oct 11 with 1028 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:27 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

Game has changed, Richie - those three would have been f*cked by half-time.

Faulkner was about 50 wasn't he? And the duke smoked 60 a day. 10 minutes today and they'd have to bring on an oxygen tent.

Anyway, anyone watching the 'worlds best referee' (copyright, himself) awarding a stream of bullshit penalties to his little friends in green?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:41 - Oct 11 with 1018 viewsdickythorpe

Looks like Sexton and O'Connell are injured for some time. I think the latter was planning on one more season with Toulon
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:44 - Oct 11 with 1013 viewsperchrockjack

Phil.

Few modern day props would have sorted price Charlie or Windsor if they were of same era.

Bad loser ? I wish we all were bad losers.

Sadly kids are becoming soft and it starts in school.

It's a tough world out there and there are winners and losers.

Finally, talent wise , every single one of our great 70 era players are better than what we have now

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024