Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 80935 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 05:44 - Sep 20 with 1790 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:00 - Sep 19 by Darran

Come on England.

They are playing Wales next
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:32 - Sep 20 with 1781 viewsSwansNZ

Wales v Uruguay - what would be classed a good win? Over 60 points?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:06 - Sep 20 with 1770 viewsMrSwerve

Just getting ready to leave for Cardiff. Think we have to be aware of what happened to SA yesterday...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:42 - Sep 20 with 1762 viewsLord_Bony

Well done Japan.

Giant slayers..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:09 - Sep 20 with 1750 viewsorion3016

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:32 - Sep 20 by SwansNZ

I suppose its just about getting the bonus point win

Be over there now after

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:30 - Sep 20 with 1737 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 04:51 - Sep 20 by Cooperman

It's the morning after here in Tokyo and I'm yet to find a local who is aware of yesterday's result.

And they are hosting it in 4years time.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:33 - Sep 20 with 1729 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:30 - Sep 20 by sherpajacob

And they are hosting it in 4years time.

Most of them probably don't know that either.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:48 - Sep 20 with 1716 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:32 - Sep 20 by SwansNZ

Bonus point essential

No injuries to key players who willl start next week

A good points difference e.g. 70 points.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:19 - Sep 20 with 1681 viewssherpajacob

Anybody seen conclusive picture or video evidence of englands 4th try yet?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:17 - Sep 20 with 1637 viewsymaohyd

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 04:51 - Sep 20 by Cooperman

It's the morning after here in Tokyo and I'm yet to find a local who is aware of yesterday's result.

You surprise me there.

I've held a bit of an anorak interest in how other countries cover news/sport, particularly in the USA and particularly rugby related.

Rugby must be one of the strangest sports in the world of sport, a game played seriously by relatively few countries, yet has massive attendance figures at international level. The rugby world cup claims to be the worlds 3rd biggest event, i'm sure there are a few others (events) who counter that claim, yet whatever place it takes behind the football world cup and the olypics it is certainly in the top 10.

Looking at a wide range of American newspapers online, I haven't read a single article on the world cup.

It gets quite a bit of coverage in Canada and the sites I've looked at for Japanese newspapers certainly carried a lot of coverage.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:17 - Sep 20 with 1604 viewsNeath_Jack

Could have done without losing Liam Williams. Hopefully it's just a precaution otherwise it's another massive loss.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:39 - Sep 20 with 1586 viewsdickythorpe

Wales won and got the bonus point. Time will tell whether we were 20 points light on the scoreboard.
Tipuric has to play next week.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:10 - Sep 20 with 1571 viewsphact0rri

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:06 - Sep 20 by MrSwerve

Just getting ready to leave for Cardiff. Think we have to be aware of what happened to SA yesterday...

my girlfriend (japanese) heard about the result on 2chan...

I quoted the wrong post.. meant to refer to the next post down, about japanese unaware...
[Post edited 20 Sep 2015 17:11]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:11 - Sep 20 with 1570 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nice kick in the face of the Argentinian try score from St Dan Carter. Dirty tw@t

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:26 - Sep 20 with 1556 viewsdickythorpe

The all blacks are looking vulnerable here.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:29 - Sep 20 with 1551 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:26 - Sep 20 by dickythorpe

The all blacks are looking vulnerable here.

Two in the bin! Game on!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:33 - Sep 20 with 1521 viewstrampie

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:17 - Sep 20 by ymaohyd

You surprise me there.

I've held a bit of an anorak interest in how other countries cover news/sport, particularly in the USA and particularly rugby related.

Rugby must be one of the strangest sports in the world of sport, a game played seriously by relatively few countries, yet has massive attendance figures at international level. The rugby world cup claims to be the worlds 3rd biggest event, i'm sure there are a few others (events) who counter that claim, yet whatever place it takes behind the football world cup and the olypics it is certainly in the top 10.

Looking at a wide range of American newspapers online, I haven't read a single article on the world cup.

It gets quite a bit of coverage in Canada and the sites I've looked at for Japanese newspapers certainly carried a lot of coverage.

Being British its football that is the odd one out, 2 of the big 3 sports played in Blighty are top down games eg Cricket and Rugby, football in British terms is odd as its a bottom up game.

I heard that cricket claims to be the 3rd biggest event, there is no denying it whether its rugby or cricket, even football these days I suppose the colonises love their sport.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2015 19:47]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:40 - Sep 20 with 1513 viewsorion3016

More injuries for wales Cory Allen definitely out and a couple of props struggling. They'll be calling up Adam Jones next ☺

Be over there now after

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:47 - Sep 20 with 1501 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:33 - Sep 20 by trampie

Being British its football that is the odd one out, 2 of the big 3 sports played in Blighty are top down games eg Cricket and Rugby, football in British terms is odd as its a bottom up game.

I heard that cricket claims to be the 3rd biggest event, there is no denying it whether its rugby or cricket, even football these days I suppose the colonises love their sport.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2015 19:47]

Bottom up?

Modern football is also a game founded out of the playing fields of Britain's public schools.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:53 - Sep 20 with 1493 viewstrampie

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:47 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

Bottom up?

Modern football is also a game founded out of the playing fields of Britain's public schools.

Money and interest is generated at the top of the game in rugby and cricket [Six Nations, Rugby World Cup, Ashes series, Cricket World Cup etc] with money filtering down to clubs and grassroots.
In football the WC is huge but most of the money and interest is at the bottom [Champions League, Premier League etc].

One is international orientated and one is club orientated.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:01 - Sep 20 with 1484 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:53 - Sep 20 by trampie

Money and interest is generated at the top of the game in rugby and cricket [Six Nations, Rugby World Cup, Ashes series, Cricket World Cup etc] with money filtering down to clubs and grassroots.
In football the WC is huge but most of the money and interest is at the bottom [Champions League, Premier League etc].

One is international orientated and one is club orientated.

oh right. Interesting description of the Champions' League as being the 'bottom'.

Club / region rugby is huge in most of the Southern Hemisphere. There is also little bigger in football in the UK than England playing. If England ever did well (or ever do well) in the World Cup etc, it would blow things like the Premier League out of the water in terms of interest. So I think it depends on success.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:16 - Sep 20 with 1471 viewstrampie

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:01 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

oh right. Interesting description of the Champions' League as being the 'bottom'.

Club / region rugby is huge in most of the Southern Hemisphere. There is also little bigger in football in the UK than England playing. If England ever did well (or ever do well) in the World Cup etc, it would blow things like the Premier League out of the water in terms of interest. So I think it depends on success.

Club is the bottom and international the top in this context, you mention England football, well obviously you cant have heard the England football manager being interviewed at the cricket a while back.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:21 - Sep 20 with 1459 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:16 - Sep 20 by trampie

Club is the bottom and international the top in this context, you mention England football, well obviously you cant have heard the England football manager being interviewed at the cricket a while back.

No - strangely that falls into the category of things I would less like to do than stick rusty pins in my eyes.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:24 - Sep 20 with 1452 viewstrampie

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:21 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

No - strangely that falls into the category of things I would less like to do than stick rusty pins in my eyes.

Oh, talking about things you know nothing about again I see.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:27 - Sep 20 with 1450 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:24 - Sep 20 by trampie

Oh, talking about things you know nothing about again I see.

Doesn't seem to stop you on any topic.

But quite why not wanting to watch Hodgson get interviewed at the cricket means I don't know anything about football is a little beyond me I'm afraid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024