Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 80910 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:45 - Sep 20 with 1637 viewstrampie

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:27 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

Doesn't seem to stop you on any topic.

But quite why not wanting to watch Hodgson get interviewed at the cricket means I don't know anything about football is a little beyond me I'm afraid.

It implies you know nothing about Cricket. lol

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:47 - Sep 20 with 1637 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:45 - Sep 20 by trampie

It implies you know nothing about Cricket. lol

Why?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:53 - Sep 20 with 1624 viewstrampie

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:47 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

Why?

Otherwise you would know the difference between top down games and bottom up games. lol

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:18 - Sep 20 with 1607 viewsSwansNZ

Sloppy game from Wales.

Uruguay battled well, but really we should have stuck another 20-30 points on them at least. Will it matter? Not if we lose next Saturday, I feel.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:21 - Sep 20 with 1602 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:18 - Sep 20 by SwansNZ

Sloppy game from Wales.

Uruguay battled well, but really we should have stuck another 20-30 points on them at least. Will it matter? Not if we lose next Saturday, I feel.

It's a huge game and it will be very close. Taking any biased hats off I think you will see 2 sides battle like never before, a draw may be on the cards.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:23 - Sep 20 with 1596 viewsRancid

I saw Australia at 15/2 and thought it be rude not to put a cheeky tenner on them.Great odds I thought.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Sep 21 with 1509 viewsSwansNZ

Tyler Morgan has replaced Cory Allen in the Wales squad - never seen him, any good?

I'm guessing Scott Williams will be the centre partner for Roberts, or would this Tyler Morgan be more likely or moving anyone else in?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:00 - Sep 21 with 1494 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:23 - Sep 20 by Rancid

I saw Australia at 15/2 and thought it be rude not to put a cheeky tenner on them.Great odds I thought.

And tipped by me earlier in the thread, you know you won't got far wrong.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:02 - Sep 21 with 1492 viewsNeath_Jack

And any chance that you pair can piss off into one of the other threads as well please?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:46 - Sep 21 with 1477 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Sep 21 by SwansNZ

Tyler Morgan has replaced Cory Allen in the Wales squad - never seen him, any good?

I'm guessing Scott Williams will be the centre partner for Roberts, or would this Tyler Morgan be more likely or moving anyone else in?

Williams and Roberts will be the centres and pray for no injuries. Tyler Morgan has potential but much too callow and risky for this or Oz. Also pray for Liam Williams to be fit. The thought of the utterly hopeless Nipper Morgan at full back would turn a likely bumming into an avalanche.

If Wales win I would be utterly astonished and thrilled. It would be one of the best wins ever. The likelihood is very low. If the current available first team including Lee, Warburton, AWJ, Assey James and Williams L are all fit it might be a game, but England have a shedload of big ball carriers to come on at 60 mins, we have f*ck all. The injuries have killed us for this tournament.

Plus, of course, if all else were equal, the ref/officials will get the hosts England through, as already evidenced in the opening game. It maintains the interest.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:57 - Sep 21 with 1472 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:46 - Sep 21 by monmouth

Williams and Roberts will be the centres and pray for no injuries. Tyler Morgan has potential but much too callow and risky for this or Oz. Also pray for Liam Williams to be fit. The thought of the utterly hopeless Nipper Morgan at full back would turn a likely bumming into an avalanche.

If Wales win I would be utterly astonished and thrilled. It would be one of the best wins ever. The likelihood is very low. If the current available first team including Lee, Warburton, AWJ, Assey James and Williams L are all fit it might be a game, but England have a shedload of big ball carriers to come on at 60 mins, we have f*ck all. The injuries have killed us for this tournament.

Plus, of course, if all else were equal, the ref/officials will get the hosts England through, as already evidenced in the opening game. It maintains the interest.

#prayforwales

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:05 - Sep 21 with 1466 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:57 - Sep 21 by SwansNZ

#prayforwales

Indeed. That's the best hope.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:11 - Sep 21 with 1458 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 19:56 - Sep 21 by SwansNZ

Given that we've lost a fullback a centre and priestland struggled to make an impression against Uruguay.

What would Wales give to have someone with international experience who could play 12, 13, 15 and gets man of the match pretty much every time he plays England.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:12 - Sep 21 with 1454 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:11 - Sep 21 by sherpajacob

Given that we've lost a fullback a centre and priestland struggled to make an impression against Uruguay.

What would Wales give to have someone with international experience who could play 12, 13, 15 and gets man of the match pretty much every time he plays England.

Who? Hook or Henson????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:15 - Sep 21 with 1443 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:12 - Sep 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Who? Hook or Henson????

Both would be a joke. Having said that if Sanjay is buggered then we are on the bones of our arse and at least Hook has played international full back. Got a feeling cementhead might stick Biggar there for the aerial stuff with Priest at FH. We're well f*cked bar a miracle,

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:15 - Sep 21 with 1441 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:12 - Sep 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Who? Hook or Henson????

Much as I like gav I think he's only got one mom against England. Hooky has several.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:18 - Sep 21 with 1433 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:15 - Sep 21 by sherpajacob

Much as I like gav I think he's only got one mom against England. Hooky has several.

Both would have been some years ago though.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:23 - Sep 21 with 1425 viewssherpajacob

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:18 - Sep 21 by SwansNZ

Both would have been some years ago though.

Most world cups are won by teams with bucket loads of caps and experience, as opposed to teams whose reserve centre has one cap.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:46 - Sep 21 with 1415 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:23 - Sep 21 by sherpajacob

Most world cups are won by teams with bucket loads of caps and experience, as opposed to teams whose reserve centre has one cap.

I’d forgotten about Hook, and certainly about Henson. How is Hook playing these days? Obviously not good enough for Gatland to include him.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:51 - Sep 21 with 1411 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:46 - Sep 21 by SwansNZ

I’d forgotten about Hook, and certainly about Henson. How is Hook playing these days? Obviously not good enough for Gatland to include him.

Hook has probably the most talented player Wales have seldom used.

Edit - didn't Hansen once say of him if he was a New Zealander he Would push Dan Carter all the way. That was years ago though !
[Post edited 21 Sep 2015 21:53]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:18 - Sep 21 with 1367 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:46 - Sep 21 by SwansNZ

Gatland rates him so highly that he picked an under 21 rookie form Newport before him. That's after picking Nipper and Cory Allen before him who are both club plodders (Morgan isn't even that...can't get a game when it matters in English division 2).

Unfortunately Gatland is spot on in his assessment. Hook had a serious talent in 2007 that had all but disappeared by 2009 after he bulked up, shuffled sideways and threw an interception as regular as clockwork. Gatland was probably the one that ruined him, but he's gash now. As I said though, we have nobody if Liam W is injured so, gash or not, I would have brought him in simply as he has played there, he's safer than Nipper, and he can kick.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:43 - Sep 21 with 1325 viewsUxbridge

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:18 - Sep 21 by monmouth

Gatland rates him so highly that he picked an under 21 rookie form Newport before him. That's after picking Nipper and Cory Allen before him who are both club plodders (Morgan isn't even that...can't get a game when it matters in English division 2).

Unfortunately Gatland is spot on in his assessment. Hook had a serious talent in 2007 that had all but disappeared by 2009 after he bulked up, shuffled sideways and threw an interception as regular as clockwork. Gatland was probably the one that ruined him, but he's gash now. As I said though, we have nobody if Liam W is injured so, gash or not, I would have brought him in simply as he has played there, he's safer than Nipper, and he can kick.

Nutshell. We're chronically fooked basically. Hook hasn't been competent since the crazy frog was a thing though.

Saturday will be all sorts of fun. They've probably still got just enough in them to turn them over. That'd be funny.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:47 - Sep 21 with 1323 viewsjackportis

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:18 - Sep 21 by monmouth

I think Wales will do a job on the arrogant ones. Wyn Jones, Roberts, north, bigger, gettin can't wait to smash them.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:54 - Sep 21 with 1311 viewsRancid

We have a chance of beating England but i don't think we will.And I'm certain we won't beat Australia.Fiji will be a difficult game as well so it's an early exit for the boys I think.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:58 - Sep 21 with 1305 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:47 - Sep 21 by jackportis

I think Wales will do a job on the arrogant ones. Wyn Jones, Roberts, north, bigger, gettin can't wait to smash them.

A BIG BIG game on Saturday. In the words of Kevin Keegan “… I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if we beat them. Love it.”

Let’s hope it goes a bit better for us than it did Newcastle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024