Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81551 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:36 - Sep 25 with 1977 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:21 - Sep 25 by Trundle10

Time will tell as you say. A country mile better tho????? I fancy Oz personally.

NZ I think have only lost 3 times in the last 4 years, so you can say they are much better than everyone else. In this cup, well, early days, but nobody has stood out, certainly not Australia.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:31 - Sep 25 with 1956 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:36 - Sep 25 by SwansNZ

NZ I think have only lost 3 times in the last 4 years, so you can say they are much better than everyone else. In this cup, well, early days, but nobody has stood out, certainly not Australia.

i don't think any can really stand out until the big boys start playing each other? The better team invariably wins in rugby, which is what made the Japan game so special.

Anyone winning our group convincingly will stand out, other than that, it's pretty difficult to gauge in the group stages. Japan vs SA and Argentina vs NZ were impressive, but neither is going to get close to winning it. France beat Italy pretty comfortably, other than that no one has really come up against good enough opposition to judge.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:04 - Sep 25 with 1905 viewsTrundle10

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:36 - Sep 25 by SwansNZ

I get that. But it was the "country mile" comment which stood out.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:56 - Sep 25 with 1888 viewsUxbridge

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:53 - Sep 24 by monmouth

New Zealand are better than Ireland. NZ haven't got out of first gear yet and still pretty easily beat a tough bunch of argies. They are strong favourites. I have an inkling for the bloody Saffas though, and Oz always pull big games out. The team I would love to see win it (won't be Wales, not at the races this time) would be France. That would silence both the Rodneys and the Kiwis.

I've got a sneaky suspicion about the French. Looked decent in the warmups, better than they have in a while, and they always turn up for the World Cup.

Although given my prediction record in this World Cup that should see them lose to Canada!

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:02 - Sep 25 with 1879 viewsperchrockjack

Didn't know you were in any way arsed ,Andrew.

Fewer posts about valley women getting battered anyway so we might be growing up as a sporting nation, perhaps

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:06 - Sep 25 with 1882 viewsUxbridge

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:02 - Sep 25 by perchrockjack

Fewer posts about valley women getting battered anyway so we might be growing up as a sporting nation, perhaps

I had a season ticket for the Whites for donkeys years (well, 5). Can't be done with this franchise malarkey though, and the horror show that is the horrifically drunk pink cowboy hat wearing brigades at international games leaves me cold to be honest.

I'll segue into a rant about how calling rugby the national sport of Wales is utterly ridiculous in a minute ....

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:18 - Sep 25 with 1870 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:02 - Sep 25 by perchrockjack

I'd still avoid Cardiff city centre tomorrow night.

None of the pink cowboy hats and inflatable leeks stuff should detract from the fact that it is a fantastic sport though.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:32 - Sep 25 with 1861 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed 247, sad to see so many knobs at internationals but I m lucky to remember the great days and I can go back to the arms park days.

At its best, rugby union is truly a thing of great beauty and for many, like it or not, it defines our nation

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:46 - Sep 25 with 1832 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 14:06 - Sep 25 by Uxbridge

I had a season ticket for the Whites for donkeys years (well, 5). Can't be done with this franchise malarkey though, and the horror show that is the horrifically drunk pink cowboy hat wearing brigades at international games leaves me cold to be honest.

I'll segue into a rant about how calling rugby the national sport of Wales is utterly ridiculous in a minute ....

I half thought that, but this is a really good thread that doesn't deserve to go sideways.

That discussion has been had before anyway and I think all eventually agreed to disagree and enjoy the World Cup.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:31 - Sep 25 with 1812 viewsdickythorpe

Argentina showing they are no mugs against Georgia.

Anyone know of anyone going up to HQ tomorrow?

Tickets have priced a lot of people I know out of it.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:36 - Sep 25 with 1807 viewsRancid

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:31 - Sep 25 by dickythorpe

Argentina showing they are no mugs against Georgia.

Anyone know of anyone going up to HQ tomorrow?

Tickets have priced a lot of people I know out of it.

Yeah a boy in work from Trimsaran has hospitality tickets.I've been with him all day and he's been ringing Twickers asking is it ok to wear his Welsh jersey.He finally got through at 3 o'clock and was told no.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:42 - Sep 25 with 1803 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:36 - Sep 25 by Rancid

Yeah a boy in work from Trimsaran has hospitality tickets.I've been with him all day and he's been ringing Twickers asking is it ok to wear his Welsh jersey.He finally got through at 3 o'clock and was told no.

I suppose that's how it goes , but coming from Trim as soon as he opens his mouth it'll be obvious what colours he'd be wearing if allowed!!
Do you know Doug and Dewi?
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:46 - Sep 25 with 1799 viewsRancid

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:42 - Sep 25 by dickythorpe

I suppose that's how it goes , but coming from Trim as soon as he opens his mouth it'll be obvious what colours he'd be wearing if allowed!!
Do you know Doug and Dewi?

No mate.If they're from Trim then Gavin will know them, he plays prop for them and they're all one big family up there it seems.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:05 - Sep 25 with 1771 viewsepaul

My sister and bro in law are going (he's from essex ) they have flown over from the Alps where they live, she also got him a ticket for the saes opening game, in total she paid £1400 for 3 tics, f*ck could do so much more decent with that amount of money

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:44 - Sep 26 with 1720 viewsorion3016

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:05 - Sep 25 by epaul

My sister and bro in law are going (he's from essex ) they have flown over from the Alps where they live, she also got him a ticket for the saes opening game, in total she paid £1400 for 3 tics, f*ck could do so much more decent with that amount of money

That's ridiculous prices. Are they the face value costs? If it was a semi final fair enough but for a group game that's a rip off

Be over there now after

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:46 - Sep 26 with 1716 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:36 - Sep 25 by Rancid

Pull a Welsh flag from his pocket once he's in and settled down, and wrap it around him. That'll show em.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:49 - Sep 26 with 1709 viewsperchrockjack

Any man who can chuck in "segue" so organically has me beat.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:18 - Sep 26 with 1699 viewsepaul

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:44 - Sep 26 by orion3016

That's ridiculous prices. Are they the face value costs? If it was a semi final fair enough but for a group game that's a rip off

Apparently yes they are

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:03 - Sep 26 with 1684 viewsbuilthjack

Score predictions?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:09 - Sep 26 with 1682 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:03 - Sep 26 by builthjack

Score predictions?

18-21 to Wales

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:16 - Sep 26 with 1677 viewsepaul

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:19 - Sep 26 with 1672 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:09 - Sep 26 by SwansNZ

18-21 to Wales

28-17 Enger. I hope you are right and not me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:59 - Sep 26 with 1660 viewsorion3016

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:03 - Sep 26 by builthjack

Score predictions?

20-21 wales

Be over there now after

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:16 - Sep 26 with 1653 viewsChrisSCFC

Hope England put 40 points on Wales. Shit sport.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:19 - Sep 26 with 1649 viewsmonmouth

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:16 - Sep 26 by ChrisSCFC

Hope England put 40 points on Wales. Shit sport.

Each to his own mate, but I don't really get this. I even want Wales to win at tiddlywinks before the event, even if afterwards I couldn't care less if they got totally tiddlyed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024