Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread 06:22 - Sep 17 with 81418 viewsSwansNZ

Will anyone beat the All Blacks? NO
Will Wales get out of the group? YES
Does anyone care? Quite a few.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 19:54]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:46 - Sep 17 with 8075 viewsorion3016

All blacks for me. Best team in the world by some margin. They have had some upsets over the years when the tournament is away from nz
I think Wales Australia & England will all win 1 of the 3 games between themselves and it'll come down to points difference. Its pathetic that they have been drawn in the same group as for 1 week about 3 years ago Wales were ranked 9th in the world and that's when they did the draw
Really don't want to see another England triumph.

Be over there now after

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:54 - Sep 17 with 8071 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:46 - Sep 17 by orion3016

All blacks for me. Best team in the world by some margin. They have had some upsets over the years when the tournament is away from nz
I think Wales Australia & England will all win 1 of the 3 games between themselves and it'll come down to points difference. Its pathetic that they have been drawn in the same group as for 1 week about 3 years ago Wales were ranked 9th in the world and that's when they did the draw
Really don't want to see another England triumph.

Aye, stupid doing the draw 3 years out from the tournament, should be about 6 months out.

Don't want England or NZ to win, anyone else will be ok, especially Wales.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:28 - Sep 17 with 8056 viewsphact0rri

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 06:54 - Sep 17 by SwansNZ

Aye, stupid doing the draw 3 years out from the tournament, should be about 6 months out.

Don't want England or NZ to win, anyone else will be ok, especially Wales.

Head says All-Blacks sorry SwansNZ.

Honestly with the way its set up this time around I think I'm going to be really excited about the group stages with the quality in our group (we got a shot out of the group but it'll be tight specially with injury list), and then probably the final-- especially if we don't get out of our group.

I'm excited right now though. so many good matches to look forward to!

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:44 - Sep 17 with 8042 viewsjack247

No.
Probably not, but there isn't a million miles between Wales, England or Australia. Bitch of a group.
Yes. I will be all over it during the Wales games and England v Australia. After that Ill switch off. Will probably watch the final though.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:33 - Sep 17 with 8008 viewsperchrockjack

England will hype it up and our game with them surely an occasion for us to all get together.

There again...

All blacks again

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:00 - Sep 17 with 7982 viewsProfessor

New Zealand are the best team in the tournament. In all honesty there is little to choose between England, Wales, Australia, Ireland and South Africa. France, Argentina and perhaps even Scotland are the wildcards who can spoil a party. There is always the nagging suspicion Australia or SA can beat NZ in a one-off game, as both have in recent seasons, as could Wales beat these. Fiji could prove decisive in the group-they could crock enough saes to open that game up to Wales. The draw is kind to Wales in having a 'free' warm up against Uruguay

Just back from Cape Town and the World Cup hype there is amazing. Went to the Springbok museum-they really hate NZ
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:03 - Sep 17 with 7980 viewsPegojack

Of course as an exiled Welshman, I always want Wales to do well and always want Engerlund not to do well, because we'll never hear the end of it otherwise. But to be honest, as long as the Swans are doing well, I couldn't give a stuff.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:28 - Sep 17 with 7951 viewsCountyJim

Would rather glue my eyelids together tbh
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:33 - Sep 17 with 7936 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:33 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

England will hype it up and our game with them surely an occasion for us to all get together.

There again...

All blacks again

England hype stuff up? Never...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/new-zealand-fume-shameful-ma
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 11:50 - Sep 17 with 7928 viewsorion3016

Be over there now after

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:12 - Sep 17 with 7916 viewsUxbridge

No.
No.
A bit. They're usually good to watch.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 12:19 - Sep 17 with 7910 viewsDarran

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 10:28 - Sep 17 by CountyJim

Would rather glue my eyelids together tbh

Might be a good idea for a current Newport County fan actually.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:34 - Sep 17 with 7858 viewsdickythorpe

This Uruguay game is huge for Wales, the group could be so tight that whoever racks up over 60 points plus against them maybe the ones that squeak through.
It's all on the day and defences unfortunately will win it.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:02 - Sep 17 with 7807 viewsLe_Swans

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:44 - Sep 17 by jack247

No.
Probably not, but there isn't a million miles between Wales, England or Australia. Bitch of a group.
Yes. I will be all over it during the Wales games and England v Australia. After that Ill switch off. Will probably watch the final though.

The final is scheduled for a 4pm kick off on the 31st October, we play Areenal at home at 3, whoever decided upon that kick off time needs to be shot. A later time would be better for us here, with TV figures and also better for the Southern Hemisphere supporters, who are likely to be in the final. 8 o'clock like the Wales and Aus games are in Twickingham would have been fine.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:11 - Sep 17 with 7782 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:34 - Sep 17 by dickythorpe

This Uruguay game is huge for Wales, the group could be so tight that whoever racks up over 60 points plus against them maybe the ones that squeak through.

Here’s hoping that the occasion tomorrow gets to England and Fiji can upset them — at least stop them from getting a bonus point win.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:12 - Sep 17 with 7779 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:02 - Sep 17 by Le_Swans

The final is scheduled for a 4pm kick off on the 31st October, we play Areenal at home at 3, whoever decided upon that kick off time needs to be shot. A later time would be better for us here, with TV figures and also better for the Southern Hemisphere supporters, who are likely to be in the final. 8 o'clock like the Wales and Aus games are in Twickingham would have been fine.

All the money is in the Northern Hemisphere and South Africa.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 20:21 - Sep 17 with 7772 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:34 - Sep 17 by dickythorpe

If we assume Ireland beat France and Scotland beat Samoa, then the quarter and semi finals will probably look like this…

QF1 New Zealand v France
QF2 South Africa v 2nd in Pool A
QF3 Ireland v Argentina
QF4 1st in Pool A v Scotland

SF1 QF1 QF2
SF2 QF3 QF4

So while getting through the group is huge, if you can win it, you set up potential quarter and semi v Scotland and probably Ireland — a bit better than South Africa and New Zealand

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:11 - Sep 17 with 7743 viewsjack247

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:02 - Sep 17 by Le_Swans

With that in mind, I won't be watching the final.

Almost as nuts as that scheduling is Swansea v Arsenal hasn't been picked for a TV game. It's usually a cracker.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:15 - Sep 17 with 7729 viewsNeath_Jack

Australia to win the thing outright. I'll be surprised if we get out of the group, England will probably go close to winning it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:46 - Sep 17 with 7722 viewssherpajacob

Strange goings on with the wales v Uruguay tickets.

When I bought my tickets months ago. The category D had sold out so I bought category C tickets for £85.

They obviously couldn't t sell the category A and B at £175 and £125.

Now the official ticket website is showing loads of tickets for sale all at £50.

It looks like they are selling the remaining cat A and B for £50.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:48 - Sep 17 with 7712 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:46 - Sep 17 by sherpajacob

Strange goings on with the wales v Uruguay tickets.

When I bought my tickets months ago. The category D had sold out so I bought category C tickets for £85.

They obviously couldn't t sell the category A and B at £175 and £125.

Now the official ticket website is showing loads of tickets for sale all at £50.

It looks like they are selling the remaining cat A and B for £50.

I got offered a pair today, up in the God's for £60 the pair.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:48 - Sep 17 with 7716 viewsAquinas

We won't get out of the group. New Zealand to win but Australia has the best value.
The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:51 - Sep 17 with 7704 viewsperchrockjack

Full penny injury is savage blow but hopefully someone will step up.

Philips has a beautiful chance for revenge on gatland .needs to do it

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:53 - Sep 17 with 7704 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:51 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Full penny injury is savage blow but hopefully someone will step up.

Philips has a beautiful chance for revenge on gatland .needs to do it

I'd have played Sanjay at full back anyway, Biggar isn't far behind him in kicking either, so not a massive loss for me. Webb is the bigger loss. Shame that Cuthbert hasn't dropped out though.

The Official Rugby World Cup Thread on 21:57 - Sep 17 with 7697 viewsperchrockjack

Hamm.

If someone could get hold of Philips and tell him he doesn't need to send a e mail to the opposing back row as to where he going to pass he d. Be more effective.

He can't smash Afrikaner nor all blacks and also ingerlund .

He s crucial and needs both managing and motivating

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024