Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees 10:31 - Oct 3 with 17272 viewsdailew

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Council-homes-set-house-refugees/story-2

Disgusting.

Andrea Lewis, cabinet member for next generation services, said: "You can't help but to be moved and horrified by footage on the news of refugees risking their lives to escape war and persecution for better lives.

What a gullible idiot.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:11 - Oct 6 with 1158 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:54 - Oct 6 by Lohengrin

The gist of it is Germany's not Merkel's to give away and they aren't going to stand idly by and watch her do it. The speaker is reminding his audience that Merkel is a former member of the communist youth movement, FDJ, breeding ground for STASI agents.

Did anybody catch the significance of the chant: Wir sind das volk! - We are the people! It's the same slogan the two young Protestant Pastors in Leipzig adopted in 1989 when they began the protests that led directly to the fall of the Berlin Wall and the total defeat (or so we all hoped) of the red beast.

The German equivalent of an EDL or similar march attended by a few Rangers fans shouting one of their favourite slogans.

Much respect for Lisa and Ux here. Far more patience than me.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:20 - Oct 6 with 1145 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:11 - Oct 6 by exiledclaseboy

The German equivalent of an EDL or similar march attended by a few Rangers fans shouting one of their favourite slogans.

Much respect for Lisa and Ux here. Far more patience than me.

Nothing like that at all, Clase. If you want to make a comparison a more accurate one would be Poujade's supporters, solidly middle-class for the most part.

*Incidentally, the young German Pastors in '89 did consciously adopt Carson's 1912 rallying cry.

PS: Don't say "much respect" again. You're not a 14-year-old rapper giving an acceptance speech at The MOBOS!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:21 - Oct 6 with 1143 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:20 - Oct 6 by Lohengrin

Nothing like that at all, Clase. If you want to make a comparison a more accurate one would be Poujade's supporters, solidly middle-class for the most part.

*Incidentally, the young German Pastors in '89 did consciously adopt Carson's 1912 rallying cry.

PS: Don't say "much respect" again. You're not a 14-year-old rapper giving an acceptance speech at The MOBOS!

Yo momma.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:22 - Oct 6 with 1141 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:21 - Oct 6 by exiledclaseboy

Yo momma.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:27 - Oct 6 with 1137 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 14:01 - Oct 6 by Uxbridge

Heh. The ultimate compliment. I'm touched.

Yep, there'll be a cost to the taxpayer of accepting some refugees. There's also a cost to the taxpayer for any foreign aid budget. No dispute whatsoever.

At least we've got to the crux of it. You resent British taxpayer money, under any circumstances, being spent on non-British nationals. Fair enough, a valid viewpoint and shared by many although not one I agree with.

Globally speaking, we're a pretty affluent country. Any poverty is largely relative and often self-inflicted by policy. Any money we spend is, relatively speaking, a piffling amount when compared to GDP, welfare bill or any other indicator you choose.

And there we have the crux of it. As a nation, we're short of housing, healthcare is at breaking point in parts, school class sizes are increasing. These are all conscious choices by the Government. We could resolve them relatively simply although of course it would cost, and there isn't the will ... not in terms of properly tackling tax evasion of the multinationals, or of a progressive tax system, or of a populace largely willing to accept an increased tax burden. So, the debate becomes a scramble for the crumbs, and frankly it's ridiculous as vast swathes of the lower earners are the ones who are being screwed by their Governments own policies, not by a handful of people worse off than they are. Orwell would be proud of the way this has been spun.

Hopefully that's clear enough as honestly I couldn't spell it out clearer if I used sticklebricks.

Cracking post. That's hit the nail on the head. There won't be any will to solve the real problems as long as politicians fear it will cost them votes or big business support.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:30 - Oct 6 with 1135 viewsMillJack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:23 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

"wildly inaccurate" .....No
Take a look at the figures for "WORLD terrorism"

Are we including the "coalition" air strikes and attacks in countries such as Afghanistan, Libya, Syria and Yemen as terrorist attacks or not because, let's be brutally honest here, we're the worst of the lot by some distance when it comes to numbers killed.

You're trying to claim that the vast majority of terrorist groups are Muslim based because the vast majority of terrorist attacks take place in Muslim countries, while completely ignoring the obvious fact that it is the most unstable region on the planet so it is obviously going to bear the brunt.

Quite what it's got to do with helping those people try to get away from such atrocities is beyond me though or are we tarring them with the same brush because, you know, they come from the same country?
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:23 - Oct 7 with 1063 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:27 - Oct 6 by LeonisGod

Cracking post. That's hit the nail on the head. There won't be any will to solve the real problems as long as politicians fear it will cost them votes or big business support.

Dailew's the poster child for this approach. He's not worried about the sheer amount of people on the waiting list because of the criminal policies of successive governments in this area, he's worried about a couple of houses going to people in desperate circumstances, just because they have different colour skin and practice a different religion.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:24 - Oct 7 with 1053 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 22:20 - Oct 6 by Lohengrin

Word!

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:51 - Oct 7 with 1041 viewsperchrockjack

So if we are affluent and not "poor" ,as jez et al keep on about, then any cuts in benefits to help pay for all this is welcomed.

We have a nation Pot for whence we pay.

It truly is staggering to see so much cant on here bleeding all over the keyboard whilst assuming the higher moral ground.

Its also moral arrogance to accuse or insinuate anyone is less of a human being because they don't want basically unknown unchecked people from a troubled area flowing in to our cities.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 13:29 - Oct 7 with 1025 viewslondonlisa2001

Chuckled at the thought of you sitting down to watch the MOBOS.

Mad props though.

Holla.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 14:09 - Oct 7 with 1012 viewsUxbridge

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:51 - Oct 7 by perchrockjack

So if we are affluent and not "poor" ,as jez et al keep on about, then any cuts in benefits to help pay for all this is welcomed.

We have a nation Pot for whence we pay.

It truly is staggering to see so much cant on here bleeding all over the keyboard whilst assuming the higher moral ground.

Its also moral arrogance to accuse or insinuate anyone is less of a human being because they don't want basically unknown unchecked people from a troubled area flowing in to our cities.

Unchecked? How so.

I'm sure some are cheering the cutting of benefits for some of the most vulnerable in this country. Personally I'm not. I'm not surprised though, vote for this shower and you'll get what you get. Even The Economist is saying it's the return of the Nasty Party.

This whole "we've got a pot and that's all there is" is the greatest lie of the whole debate around austerity. The pot is the pot because of the policies of this Government. Plus there's absolutely no reason why this country couldn't invest in infrastructure or capital projects to help create assets and facilitate economic growth but it's choosing not to. It's a choice.

Funnily enough, if the parties hold for 4 years we might actually have a genuine choice for once. Both imperfect, both scary in different ways, but a genuine choice. I doubt Corbyn will win, especially as the people his policies would assist fight amongst themselves, but it'll be a choice.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 14:51 - Oct 7 with 995 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:23 - Oct 7 by JackSomething

Dailew's the poster child for this approach. He's not worried about the sheer amount of people on the waiting list because of the criminal policies of successive governments in this area, he's worried about a couple of houses going to people in desperate circumstances, just because they have different colour skin and practice a different religion.

Why do you think I'm "not worried about the sheer amount of people on the waiting list"?

Any evidence of this?

Where have I mentioned skin colour?

What a disgusting allegation.
Wouldn't expect anything better from you though.

Please try and answer the above questions.

[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 15:33]

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 14:56 - Oct 7 with 990 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 14:09 - Oct 7 by Uxbridge

Unchecked? How so.

I'm sure some are cheering the cutting of benefits for some of the most vulnerable in this country. Personally I'm not. I'm not surprised though, vote for this shower and you'll get what you get. Even The Economist is saying it's the return of the Nasty Party.

This whole "we've got a pot and that's all there is" is the greatest lie of the whole debate around austerity. The pot is the pot because of the policies of this Government. Plus there's absolutely no reason why this country couldn't invest in infrastructure or capital projects to help create assets and facilitate economic growth but it's choosing not to. It's a choice.

Funnily enough, if the parties hold for 4 years we might actually have a genuine choice for once. Both imperfect, both scary in different ways, but a genuine choice. I doubt Corbyn will win, especially as the people his policies would assist fight amongst themselves, but it'll be a choice.

The choice is somewhat akin to being asked if you want vomit with your dog shit sandwich.

Anyway, you are John Maynard Keynes and I claim my five guineas.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:04 - Oct 7 with 950 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 14:51 - Oct 7 by dailew

Why do you think I'm "not worried about the sheer amount of people on the waiting list"?

Any evidence of this?

Where have I mentioned skin colour?

What a disgusting allegation.
Wouldn't expect anything better from you though.

Please try and answer the above questions.

[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 15:33]

I've never seen you post anything about the housing waiting list until it was announced we'd house a few Syrian refugee families. Which would indicate it's hardly something you're passionate about. Feel free to direct me to the times you mentioned it previously and I'll willingly apologise.

As for skin colour, I will admit I should have said foreigners and different religions are where you have a problem rather than skin colour. Here are a few examples from this thread:

"And you want to compound the problem by giving more away to foreigners.

Not sure what being Muslim has to do with it.

Muslim population is increasing at ten times the rate of the rest of the population.

At current rates the UK will be majority Muslim by 2060. Yet you wish to accelerate this at the expense of Swansea's poor and needy.

Just foreigners on a freebie."

I'd expect nothing less than willful ignorance, intolerance and xenophobia from you though...
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 16:04]

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:16 - Oct 7 with 943 viewsDarran

Oh FFS Jacksomething has had a transfer from Scouce to Dai.
(fee undisclosed)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:27 - Oct 7 with 937 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:04 - Oct 7 by JackSomething

I've never seen you post anything about the housing waiting list until it was announced we'd house a few Syrian refugee families. Which would indicate it's hardly something you're passionate about. Feel free to direct me to the times you mentioned it previously and I'll willingly apologise.

As for skin colour, I will admit I should have said foreigners and different religions are where you have a problem rather than skin colour. Here are a few examples from this thread:

"And you want to compound the problem by giving more away to foreigners.

Not sure what being Muslim has to do with it.

Muslim population is increasing at ten times the rate of the rest of the population.

At current rates the UK will be majority Muslim by 2060. Yet you wish to accelerate this at the expense of Swansea's poor and needy.

Just foreigners on a freebie."

I'd expect nothing less than willful ignorance, intolerance and xenophobia from you though...
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 16:04]

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

So you have absolutely no evidence that I'm "not worried about the sheer amount of people on the waiting list"?

At least you've admitted you were wrong for insinuating I'm a racist.

Have a think before you post disgusting allegations like that again.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:29 - Oct 7 with 934 viewsUxbridge

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 14:56 - Oct 7 by WarwickHunt

The choice is somewhat akin to being asked if you want vomit with your dog shit sandwich.

Anyway, you are John Maynard Keynes and I claim my five guineas.

Funnily enough when I see Gideon's face I feel the urge to vomit.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:45 - Oct 7 with 921 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:27 - Oct 7 by dailew

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

So you have absolutely no evidence that I'm "not worried about the sheer amount of people on the waiting list"?

At least you've admitted you were wrong for insinuating I'm a racist.

Have a think before you post disgusting allegations like that again.

You have no evidence you are worried about it.

So indirectly being called a racist has you up in arms, but you're presumably happy with being called a religious bigot and xenophobe? Interesting.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:36 - Oct 7 with 876 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:45 - Oct 7 by JackSomething

So indirectly being called a racist has you up in arms, but you're presumably happy with being called a religious bigot and xenophobe? Interesting.

Never said I had.

Still doesn't mean I don't support the building of more council houses.

Basic logic.

Try and understand this point. It's really very simple.

WTF is wrong with you?

I'm not happy being called a xenophobe or a bigot either.

So wanting locals to get priority ahead of foreigners means I hate them.

Again, have a think before you post more unsubstantiated rubbish.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 18:43]

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:41 - Oct 7 with 865 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 16:45 - Oct 7 by JackSomething

That Britain First lot don'tlike being called racists and xenophobia either.

Wah, wah, wah......

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 18:56 - Oct 7 with 847 viewsdailew

Here's a link to help you out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

Have a read and try and understand it before you post on an adult forum again.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:13 - Oct 7 with 835 viewslondonlisa2001

Is it just me that finds dailew's posting style increasingly reminiscent of an old friend...?
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:17 - Oct 7 with 831 viewsDarran

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:13 - Oct 7 by londonlisa2001

Is it just me that finds dailew's posting style increasingly reminiscent of an old friend...?

He doesn't remind me of him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:23 - Oct 7 with 820 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:17 - Oct 7 by Darran

He doesn't remind me of him.

No?

Just me then...
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 21:03 - Oct 7 with 791 viewsMillJack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 19:23 - Oct 7 by londonlisa2001

No?

Just me then...

If Dailew and dgt73 aren't the same person I'd be stunned
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024