Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees 10:31 - Oct 3 with 17275 viewsdailew

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Council-homes-set-house-refugees/story-2

Disgusting.

Andrea Lewis, cabinet member for next generation services, said: "You can't help but to be moved and horrified by footage on the news of refugees risking their lives to escape war and persecution for better lives.

What a gullible idiot.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 10:35 - Oct 3 with 2880 viewsDarran

I wouldn't call it disgusting Dai but I'd guess there's currently a lot of people in Swansea that have been waitng a long tome for a house.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 10:35 - Oct 3 with 2880 viewsLohengrin

There are in excess of 4,000 local couples on the waiting list. Official indifference to our own people is what "moves" and "horrifies" me.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:21 - Oct 3 with 2835 viewsUxbridge

Who needs a house more? Somebody fleeing a wartorn country currently living in a tent, or someone who currently lives in one but wants a better/cheaper/more convenient one.

The bile on the comments on that article are beyond depressing. I rather hoped this city was better than this. And all for a paltry one house a year.

This shouldn't be confused with the general lack of social housing in this country, a situation only likely to get worse under this current government. There's the real crime, whereas the argument gets spun so that the poorest in society fight amongst themselves.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:28 - Oct 3 with 2826 viewsepaul

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:21 - Oct 3 by Uxbridge

Who needs a house more? Somebody fleeing a wartorn country currently living in a tent, or someone who currently lives in one but wants a better/cheaper/more convenient one.

The bile on the comments on that article are beyond depressing. I rather hoped this city was better than this. And all for a paltry one house a year.

This shouldn't be confused with the general lack of social housing in this country, a situation only likely to get worse under this current government. There's the real crime, whereas the argument gets spun so that the poorest in society fight amongst themselves.

Spot on

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:37 - Oct 3 with 2814 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:21 - Oct 3 by Uxbridge

Very good sir. Nothing to disagree with there.

Though I would add locals on the waiting list,especially priority cases should be given first consideration.

There are a lot of disused buildings that could be put to good use and cheaply...it won't be perfect but a lot better than from where they came from.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:38 - Oct 3 with 2810 viewsLohengrin

You have one plate of food. Do you feed your hungry child or give it to somebody else two thousand miles away who may be hungry too. There's just the one plate, who gets it?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:42 - Oct 3 with 2802 viewsLord_Bony

Depends how big the plate is.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:44 - Oct 3 with 2796 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You are far to intelligent for this forum

Please leave 😄

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:44 - Oct 3 with 2794 viewsdickythorpe

Anyone else seeing black humour here.......Car crime still rife, people pretending to be comatosed and disabled, drunkeness aplenty, drug dealing, people being killed in city centre by ludicrous road systems.....Welcome to Swansea a real home from home I would have thought!!!!
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:45 - Oct 3 with 2787 viewsattila_the_hun

Townhill/Syria

"I'm Free"

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:47 - Oct 3 with 2783 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:42 - Oct 3 by Lord_Bony

Depends how big the plate is.

It's not made of china it's composed of the estimation of priority.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:47 - Oct 3 with 2778 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:38 - Oct 3 by Lohengrin

You have one plate of food. Do you feed your hungry child or give it to somebody else two thousand miles away who may be hungry too. There's just the one plate, who gets it?

Not an appropriate analogy really. A better one would be having 2 plates of food to feed your hungry child. 1 plate is enough for them, so the second is a luxury. Would you rather stuff your child's face or give the second plate to someone else who is starving?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:51 - Oct 3 with 2775 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:47 - Oct 3 by JackSomething

Not an appropriate analogy really. A better one would be having 2 plates of food to feed your hungry child. 1 plate is enough for them, so the second is a luxury. Would you rather stuff your child's face or give the second plate to someone else who is starving?

Not really, is it?

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:51 - Oct 3 with 2773 viewsDarran

How many people on here have spare rooms and are prepared to take a couple of Syrians in?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:52 - Oct 3 with 2772 viewsdickythorpe

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:47 - Oct 3 by JackSomething

Oh yeah that's the obesity crisis they refugees will walk into.....yes there may well be 2 plates of food but Penlan Polly will have gobbled them both up regardless of whether her kids have eaten.....hang about the food will probably have been nicked by Treboeth Tim.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:54 - Oct 3 with 2765 viewsdailew

A council or government is only responsible for looking after their own citizens and taxpayers.

Perhaps you and Andrea could personally house a couple of families yourselves?

After all they're more in need than you.

Or would you just rather other people paid for your own wonderful, humane, caring attitude.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:54 - Oct 3 with 2765 viewsdickythorpe

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:51 - Oct 3 by Darran

How many people on here have spare rooms and are prepared to take a couple of Syrians in?

If they are female I dread to think what lowlifes would all of a sudden become modern day saints.....imagine Syrian ladies having to live with Oldjack!!!!!
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:58 - Oct 3 with 2754 viewsswanstillidai

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:51 - Oct 3 by Darran

If female it depends on their bedroom/cooking abilities.
Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:09 - Oct 3 with 2730 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 11:51 - Oct 3 by Lohengrin

Not really, is it?

Well when you put it like that...

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:15 - Oct 3 with 2718 viewsdailew

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:16 - Oct 3 with 2715 viewsFlashberryjack

Good question.....also who would like some Syrians moving in next door?
I've a spare room ...but the answer would be NO.
My next door neighbour is a r*ght tw*t so a Syrian might be an improvement.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:22 - Oct 3 with 2704 viewsskippyjack

I'm waiting for the news headline.. Syrian sets bomb off in refugee intake volunteers house

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:23 - Oct 3 with 2704 viewsLohengrin

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:09 - Oct 3 by JackSomething

Well when you put it like that...

Let me put it like this then: the council list is largely composed of young families, most on low to minimum wage who are unable, for obvious reasons, to come up with enough money to buy a home of their own so they have to live with the in-laws. That's nobody's idea of ideal. So there they wait working, paying their taxes. Doing their bit.

4,000 couples. That's 8,000 locals waiting for a chance of a family life of their own. Add in a guess at the number of children they may already have and that sends the figure soaring way above the 10,000 arabs Cameron has vouchsafed. Those figures are just for this little area, if you start to extrapolate nationally you get a real sense of the scale of the politicians betrayal.

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:27 - Oct 3 with 2698 viewsskippyjack

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:15 - Oct 3 by dailew

I was wondering the same.. local people homeless.. normal occurrence
Syrians homeless.. A feast will be waiting..

never mind my hopes of a job being tougher.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:40 - Oct 3 with 2671 viewsJackSomething

Swansea Council urgently making homes available for Syrian refugees on 12:23 - Oct 3 by Lohengrin

Let me put it like this then: the council list is largely composed of young families, most on low to minimum wage who are unable, for obvious reasons, to come up with enough money to buy a home of their own so they have to live with the in-laws. That's nobody's idea of ideal. So there they wait working, paying their taxes. Doing their bit.

4,000 couples. That's 8,000 locals waiting for a chance of a family life of their own. Add in a guess at the number of children they may already have and that sends the figure soaring way above the 10,000 arabs Cameron has vouchsafed. Those figures are just for this little area, if you start to extrapolate nationally you get a real sense of the scale of the politicians betrayal.

You're obviously an intelligent person, so I'm surprised you missed this part of the article:

"The type of properties being looked at are two to three-bedroom homes that have no waiting lists, meaning there will not be an impact on local families waiting for homes."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024