Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards 21:32 - Oct 5 with 10689 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Be sure to give a little love to Phil and Planet Swans here!

http://www.footballbloggingawards.co.uk/about/categories/best-football-forum/

Also, somebody please link this over at Jackarmy.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2015 23:10]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 16:46 - Oct 12 with 1765 viewsDarran

Keep voting guys.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 17:39 - Oct 12 with 1746 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't really see this as a football forum anymore. Take away the non-footie discussions and there'd be f*ck all left now. PS's glory days are sadly consigned to the annals of history now. But I voted anyway 'cos Phil's a nice man.

Poll: Tory leader

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 18:24 - Oct 12 with 1720 viewsStarsky

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 17:39 - Oct 12 by exiledclaseboy

I don't really see this as a football forum anymore. Take away the non-footie discussions and there'd be f*ck all left now. PS's glory days are sadly consigned to the annals of history now. But I voted anyway 'cos Phil's a nice man.

My sentiments exactly plus the reasons I mentioned earlier in this thread

It's just the internet, init.

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 21:31 - Oct 12 with 1685 viewsmorningstar

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 20:32 - Oct 11 by jack247

I played in several matches that Morning Star played a big part in setting up a good few years ago when this site (as jackarmy.net) had an unofficial team. We played fans teams from Cardiff, Wrexham, Shrewsbury, Liverpool, Oxford and others I can't remember, as well as a charity match against former Swans players at the Vetch. There was no hooliganism or anything like that, if anything, it built bridges between us and other sets of supporters.

I don't know if he goes on AAMB, I don't go there myself. I also don't know about any hooligan that died, but I lost touch with most of the lads from that team when I stopped posting on here, roughly the time we moved to the Liberty.

Yes great days Tim. And yes myself and Reeco organised a game for the family of Mike Dye who was killed by an Aston Villa fan at Wembley When Wales last played there. Hooligan he might have been but nevertheless left a wife and three young children behind and it was them we raised money for. I have no idea why Rancid asked the question in general as he could have easily directed the question at me, as we have exchanged messages on here several times in various threads, so??? And Darrans reply to him that 'He wondered that also' I find quite bizarre, as he has known from day one who I am! But hey, that's Darran for you!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 21:35 - Oct 12 with 1677 viewsmorningstar

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 23:36 - Oct 10 by Starsky

Any web designer that can be happy with the distance between the up arrow, down arrow and the number between them can't have much idea of the posters ease of use.
The amount of times I've given Morning Star and Waynekerr an accidental up arrow by mistake has given them the wrong impression of me

Starsk, I have no idea how to look for down and up arrows, nor do I have the desire to do so! Why would I? I couldn't give a f**K whether anyone likes my posts or not!
[Post edited 12 Oct 2015 21:38]

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 21:47 - Oct 12 with 1657 viewsmorningstar

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 16:46 - Oct 12 by Darran

Keep voting guys.

I've voted with every e-mail address i have, but as Andrew says, "It's because Phil is a good guy."

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 21:54 - Oct 12 with 1650 viewsbuilthjack

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 23:30 - Oct 10 by Starsky

Bring back club call and teletext... And the sporting post

The Sporting, everyone standing outside the newsagents at 6pm waiting for the Evening Post Van to turn up. Long before the Internet.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:05 - Oct 12 with 1642 viewsmorningstar

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 21:54 - Oct 12 by builthjack

The Sporting, everyone standing outside the newsagents at 6pm waiting for the Evening Post Van to turn up. Long before the Internet.

Most of the time you didnt even know the results of ANY other games until you got it! I remember as a kid finding out Liverpool had won the title by beating Wolves 1-3 at Molineux from a 2 or 3 minute clip at the end of the nine o'clock news!

Login to get fewer ads

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 22:08 - Oct 12 with 1635 viewsexiledclaseboy

Who was jack 247 back in the day then?

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 22:16 - Oct 12 with 1628 viewsmorningstar

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 22:08 - Oct 12 by exiledclaseboy

Tim mun! Maybe you wouldnt know him, but he was on the BBC programme "The fall and rise of Swansea City". He was the young guy saying "It was awful, you could feel your club being taken away from you and there was nothing you could do about it"? Good lad.

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:17 - Oct 12 with 1628 viewsbuilthjack

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:05 - Oct 12 by morningstar

Most of the time you didnt even know the results of ANY other games until you got it! I remember as a kid finding out Liverpool had won the title by beating Wolves 1-3 at Molineux from a 2 or 3 minute clip at the end of the nine o'clock news!

Green wasn't it? It had half time reports of local games, with the full time result at the bottom. A great paper in its day.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:30 - Oct 12 with 1620 viewsmorningstar

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:17 - Oct 12 by builthjack

Green wasn't it? It had half time reports of local games, with the full time result at the bottom. A great paper in its day.

It was a great paper. I always wondered how they managed to post pictures of an away game against Darlington or whatever an hour after the game had finished? How did they do that?

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:39 - Oct 12 with 1612 viewsbuilthjack

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:30 - Oct 12 by morningstar

It was a great paper. I always wondered how they managed to post pictures of an away game against Darlington or whatever an hour after the game had finished? How did they do that?

They were ahead of their time. The Evening Post had Internet 20 years before anyone else lol.

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:54 - Oct 12 with 1605 viewsmorningstar

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:39 - Oct 12 by builthjack

They were ahead of their time. The Evening Post had Internet 20 years before anyone else lol.

So now we know, Ron Burgess was the creator of the WWW

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 23:07 - Oct 12 with 1592 viewsepaul

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:30 - Oct 12 by morningstar

Back in the day when I was in the RN my dad would send it to me every week where ever I was in the world, all the boys in the mess loved it for all the egg in it, I use to love receiving it to get my weekly read on the Swans.

Before that as a boy it was as said without fail waiting outside Bryns/Tudors on Brynhyfryd Square waiting for the post van at 6pm

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 23:42 - Oct 12 with 1574 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Award on 22:05 - Oct 12 by morningstar

I went to that game.

I was in Swansea University sharing a house in Woodville Road, Mumbles with, among others, a Wolves supporter. Four of us decided to go up that morning. The home end was full so we paid at the gate and watched the game amongst the scousers.

You couldn't do that these days.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 10:14 - Oct 13 with 1509 viewsjack247

I have always used this name mate, just a combination of being a fairly infrequent poster and taking 10-12 years off. I'd probably know you by sight if you were involved with the jackarmy.net team.
Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 10:26 - Oct 13 with 1503 viewsDarran

Here he is Andrew.

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 11:49 - Oct 13 with 1486 viewsjack247

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 10:26 - Oct 13 by Darran

Here he is Andrew.

Always makes me smile when you question people's intelligence Darran.
Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 12:45 - Oct 13 with 1471 viewsexiledclaseboy

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 10:14 - Oct 13 by jack247

I have always used this name mate, just a combination of being a fairly infrequent poster and taking 10-12 years off. I'd probably know you by sight if you were involved with the jackarmy.net team.

I was around JA.net back then but wasn't involved with the team. I wasn't in Gary and Reeco's clique see.

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 22:06 - Oct 13 with 1433 viewsmorningstar

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 12:45 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

I was around JA.net back then but wasn't involved with the team. I wasn't in Gary and Reeco's clique see.

Andrew. You know full well that in those days we operated a strict 'No commies' rule, and you failed the test!

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 00:00 - Oct 14 with 1404 viewsRancid

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 21:31 - Oct 12 by morningstar

Yes great days Tim. And yes myself and Reeco organised a game for the family of Mike Dye who was killed by an Aston Villa fan at Wembley When Wales last played there. Hooligan he might have been but nevertheless left a wife and three young children behind and it was them we raised money for. I have no idea why Rancid asked the question in general as he could have easily directed the question at me, as we have exchanged messages on here several times in various threads, so??? And Darrans reply to him that 'He wondered that also' I find quite bizarre, as he has known from day one who I am! But hey, that's Darran for you!

I didn't know if you was 64 Jack or not.I saw the name Gar mentioned so just asked it generally as you was on the thread anyway.Perhaps i should have quoted you.If it was you then i'd hope you'd answer and you did so thank you and curiousity cured.
Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 00:07 - Oct 14 with 1403 viewsHighjack

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 17:39 - Oct 12 by exiledclaseboy

I agree. I barely even read the football forum anymore.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 09:09 - Oct 14 with 1348 viewsDarran

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 21:31 - Oct 12 by morningstar

Of course I knew who you were I was being sarcastic but that's not the full story though is it Garfield?

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 20:19 - Oct 14 with 1308 viewsmorningstar

Best Football Forum 2015 Blogging Awards on 09:09 - Oct 14 by Darran

Of course I knew who you were I was being sarcastic but that's not the full story though is it Garfield?

Garfield?? F****n Garfield! ...........I knew you were being sarcastic Dar, but unfortunately for me, the full story boat has already sailed, and seems i've lost a brilliant mate over it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024