Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Joe Allen back? 09:57 - Oct 6 with 9237 viewsZut_Alors

Obviously, it remains to be seen whether LFC's new manager rates Allen, but if he was available, would you want him back?

I feel this summer will be the right time to freshen up the midfield. I can understand why the club elected not to sign Tom Carroll, although I rate him highly. I can imagine Ki or possibly Jonjo may look to move on next season, so buying Allen or even going back for Tom C would make sense for me.

If we could get him at the right price (5-8M, IMO), I'd say go for it, Garry.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 07:03 - Oct 8 with 1964 viewsjack247

Leon Britton is 32/33 not 36/37. He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him and makes so many tackles, interceptions and space for passes because of his speed of thought, not speed of feet.

If Garry wanted a carbon copy of Leon Britton, he would just play Leon Britton.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 07:56 - Oct 8 with 1946 viewsChrisSCFC

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 07:03 - Oct 8 by jack247

Leon Britton is 32/33 not 36/37. He doesn't have an ounce of fat on him and makes so many tackles, interceptions and space for passes because of his speed of thought, not speed of feet.

If Garry wanted a carbon copy of Leon Britton, he would just play Leon Britton.

In all honesty I don't see what's so better about Jack Cork to Leon except that we've been told Leon's 'on the way out'

Would go with Leon any day of the week.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 08:54 - Oct 8 with 1921 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 14:44 - Oct 7 by karnataka

Ben was excellent on Sunday because he had nobody to mark. It's not difficult to look like a good left fullback when your opponents play without a right winger. Southampton's fullbacks looked like world beaters in the first half the previous weekend - plenty of time on the ball, supporting their attacks, supporting their central defenders.

I would have Ben back though.

Did you see him the week before marking Navas out of the game?

Outstanding defending and always good going forward.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 09:25 - Oct 8 with 1905 viewsshandyjack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 08:54 - Oct 8 by Joe_bradshaw

agreed, but Navas makes Dyer look like Beckham when it comes to crossing a ball

Poll: Expectation for the season

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 09:30 - Oct 8 with 1905 viewsjasper_T

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 07:56 - Oct 8 by ChrisSCFC

In all honesty I don't see what's so better about Jack Cork to Leon except that we've been told Leon's 'on the way out'

Would go with Leon any day of the week.

He's bigger (but not especially big) and stronger (but not especially strong), so can be used to mark players on set pieces (and get bowled over by Van Dijk).

Personally I think Cork is a great player, and should be starting for us week in week out. He's not as cool on the ball as Leon, but he's better defensively in that he can engage in a physical battle when needed (marked Fellaini well enough against United until Monk brought Bartley on). Not many players are making 4 or 5 interceptions a game in the Premier League (last I looked it was just him and Cabaye).
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 09:50 - Oct 8 with 1896 viewsJackSomething

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 09:30 - Oct 8 by jasper_T

He's bigger (but not especially big) and stronger (but not especially strong), so can be used to mark players on set pieces (and get bowled over by Van Dijk).

Personally I think Cork is a great player, and should be starting for us week in week out. He's not as cool on the ball as Leon, but he's better defensively in that he can engage in a physical battle when needed (marked Fellaini well enough against United until Monk brought Bartley on). Not many players are making 4 or 5 interceptions a game in the Premier League (last I looked it was just him and Cabaye).

Since he moved here in January, Cork has made 66 interceptions in the Premier League, second only to Coquelin.

Practically from his debut until a couple of weeks ago, we've been nearly unanimous in what a great signing he's been and what a brilliant replacement for Leon he is. Now his form has taken a dip for the first time, and unfortunately timed to coincide with Shelvey doing the same, we suddenly need to put Leon back in the starting 11 and buy Allen back. There's even been the odd suggestion that Rodgers could come back.

I always used to argue with Perch that Swans fans were guilty of always looking to the past and not being ambitious, I may well owe him an apology. He's going to love that...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 10:00 - Oct 8 with 1890 viewscontroversial_jack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:18 - Oct 6 by Richythejack

Well lets hope some of the Swansea style doesnt fade. This is what attracted me to the Swans for many years and i want my son to appericate how the game should be played too

It has gone!
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:24 - Oct 8 with 1851 viewsskippyjack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 06:58 - Oct 8 by jack247

Only just seen this pearler. It's all about opinions I suppose.

Tom Carroll at 4 million
or Joe Allen at 8-9 million?

i think my view is reasonable enough.. Allen isn't worth 8-9 million.. Tom Carroll could be worth the risk.. with a low transfer fee. We could mould him like Shelvey.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:37 - Oct 8 with 1845 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So some think that Joe isn't good enough for eropean juggernaut Swanea city

Right o.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:49 - Oct 8 with 1836 viewsjack247

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:24 - Oct 8 by skippyjack

Tom Carroll at 4 million
or Joe Allen at 8-9 million?

i think my view is reasonable enough.. Allen isn't worth 8-9 million.. Tom Carroll could be worth the risk.. with a low transfer fee. We could mould him like Shelvey.

We have moved on a long way in recent times. With the money coming in from next season, if one player is available at £4m and another at £8-9 m, the only real consideration wil be who is the better player. Joe could at least challenge for a first team spot.

Where do you get £8-9m from anyway? If Klopp wants him, he won't be available, if he doesn't I'd imagine he will go for less than that.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 15:11 - Oct 8 with 1814 viewsjack247

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:37 - Oct 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

So some think that Joe isn't good enough for eropean juggernaut Swanea city

Right o.

I doubt he would get in our best eleven. Leon doesn't and they are fairly similar players. As far as a squad player goes, definitely, but I'd think he would want more than that.

I think a few people's opinions of Cork and Shelvey have dipped over the last couple of games. Form is temporary, they are both very good players. Joe probably wouldn't get on the bench if everyone was fit and on form.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 15:58 - Oct 8 with 1798 viewsskippyjack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:49 - Oct 8 by jack247

We have moved on a long way in recent times. With the money coming in from next season, if one player is available at £4m and another at £8-9 m, the only real consideration wil be who is the better player. Joe could at least challenge for a first team spot.

Where do you get £8-9m from anyway? If Klopp wants him, he won't be available, if he doesn't I'd imagine he will go for less than that.

Because franchises like Liverpool wouldn't take a 10 million hit on their investment..

he's a Welsh International with European exposure on the horizon
he cost them 15 million
he is 25 and has massive re-sale potential
plus he's a proven pro at all levels
he's British

they don't go for 5 million..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 16:10 - Oct 8 with 1793 viewsjack247

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 15:58 - Oct 8 by skippyjack

Because franchises like Liverpool wouldn't take a 10 million hit on their investment..

he cost them 15 million
he's British

How much did they get for Andy Carroll? How much do you think it would take to get Balotelli off the wage bill? Both have represented their countries at senior level.

So other than being English, doesn't all of that apply to Tom Carroll, who would have been capped several times, had he been Welsh?
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 20:44 - Oct 8 with 1751 viewswhiterock

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 15:58 - Oct 8 by skippyjack

he cost them 15 million
he's British

JJS was £5m
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 21:29 - Oct 8 with 1743 viewsDr_Winston

It became accepted wisdom that Ben was "shit defensively". Nonsense of course, but suited the narrative of some.

Superb left back who we let go far too cheaply.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 21:30 - Oct 8 with 1742 viewsDr_Winston

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 09:50 - Oct 8 by JackSomething

Since he moved here in January, Cork has made 66 interceptions in the Premier League, second only to Coquelin.

Practically from his debut until a couple of weeks ago, we've been nearly unanimous in what a great signing he's been and what a brilliant replacement for Leon he is. Now his form has taken a dip for the first time, and unfortunately timed to coincide with Shelvey doing the same, we suddenly need to put Leon back in the starting 11 and buy Allen back. There's even been the odd suggestion that Rodgers could come back.

I always used to argue with Perch that Swans fans were guilty of always looking to the past and not being ambitious, I may well owe him an apology. He's going to love that...

Cork is a better player than Leon in every department.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 00:38 - Oct 9 with 1702 viewsSilverSurfer

Fact is Joe Allen would never want a move back to the Swans he's turned onto such a billy big bollox a move back here would be beneath him
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 09:20 - Oct 9 with 1668 viewsChief

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 00:38 - Oct 9 by SilverSurfer

Fact is Joe Allen would never want a move back to the Swans he's turned onto such a billy big bollox a move back here would be beneath him

Sounds personal. Tell us more.....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 09:28 - Oct 9 with 1664 viewsUxbridge

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 21:30 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

Cork is a better player than Leon in every department.

No every for me. A better defensive shield, more physical, more (any) attacking threat to name but three, but he's a large part of the reason why our speed of play has slowed a little in recent weeks.

Joey's not, and never has been a DM though. Can't protect the defence, doesn't read offensive runs nearly well enough. He's competing with Shelvey and Ki if he's coming back here. I'd have no problem with him coming back but it wouldn't be an upgrade.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 16:15 - Oct 9 with 1621 viewskarnataka

Yes, I did, but we were discussing why Ben looked so good against us not why he looked good against Man City.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 10:13 - Nov 20 with 1414 viewswhiterock

Hypothetically, say you have one player to bring in in January, would that be Joe?

We are crying out for a striker but with Gomis on the books I can't see us having the luxury of affording two.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:08 - Nov 20 with 1385 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:21 - Oct 6 by JJJack

Correct. He was outstanding for Liverpool 13/14 season. He's had injury problems which seem to have stopped him hitting top form recently but his performances for Wales show he's hardly gone backwards. I think he'd get in our starting XI assuming he was fully fit.

If he was in our squad this week and we didn't pick him think there would be an issue.

Someone with obvious quality, strong in the tackle, great engine and quick distribution. What I feel our midfield is crying out for.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024