Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guns don't kill people 12:54 - Oct 6 with 2714 viewsDarran

Children do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34450841

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guns don't kill people on 13:40 - Oct 6 with 1639 viewslifelong

How the hell a eleven year old has been able to get hold of a loaded gun is just mind boggling, very sad.
Guns don't kill people on 14:10 - Oct 6 with 1612 viewsMillJack

"559 children aged 11 or under have been killed or injured in the United States in gun violence so far this year."

That is absolutely staggering.
Guns don't kill people on 14:12 - Oct 6 with 1611 viewsGroo

Guns don't kill people on 13:40 - Oct 6 by lifelong

How the hell a eleven year old has been able to get hold of a loaded gun is just mind boggling, very sad.

"The Gun Violence Archive, a not-for-profit organisation that compiles data on gun violence in the US, says 559 children aged 11 or under have been killed or injured in the United States in gun violence so far this year."

I'd say more but apparently being exasparated and making flipant remarks due to the inevitability of it all is shameful.

'Shame on you'

Hungerford, Dunblane, both awful events, both followed imediately with Parliament action.

Groo does what Groo does best

Guns don't kill people on 14:14 - Oct 6 with 1606 viewsGroo

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34424385

US gun crime in 2015 Figures up to 1 October

294 Mass shootings

45 shootings at schools

9,956 people killed in gun incidents

20,000 people injured in gun incidents

Source: Shooting tracker, Gun Violence Archive

Guns don't kill people on 14:57 - Oct 6 with 1581 viewsGroo

Not so many gun deaths in Canada, but in Waterloo, where i lived a few years back, it's bow and arrows.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/police-arrow-death-kitchener-1.

Guns don't kill people on 15:31 - Oct 6 with 1562 viewslondonlisa2001

I saw this story earlier today and felt like weeping. When on earth will this end?

So terribly, awfully sad.
Guns don't kill people on 17:08 - Oct 6 with 1514 viewsThursday

Guns don't kill people on 15:31 - Oct 6 by londonlisa2001

I saw this story earlier today and felt like weeping. When on earth will this end?

So terribly, awfully sad.

Heartbreaking.
Guns don't kill people on 18:00 - Oct 6 with 1498 viewsperchrockjack

So, how does this grotesque American right to own firearms stack up here.

Long way from force enforcement? bollocks

This is the result of that inalienable right.

Its for dickheads and now kids are killing kids over puppies.

Someone somewhere show me any justification for this crap.

As Ive said before , Id USA has this "right to bear arms" as its core value then these atrocities will occur time after time again.

Its the logic of the madness.

Yanks... hand in your guns, hand them all in and have them destroy.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Guns don't kill people on 18:14 - Oct 6 with 1490 viewsItchySphincter

Did anyone else see the vid from earlier this year where a seven year old girl was being trained to use high power semi automatic weapons when she turned around and turned the instructor in to a pepper pot? Stupid Americans.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Guns don't kill people on 18:18 - Oct 6 with 1483 viewsGroo

Guns don't kill people on 18:00 - Oct 6 by perchrockjack

So, how does this grotesque American right to own firearms stack up here.

Long way from force enforcement? bollocks

This is the result of that inalienable right.

Its for dickheads and now kids are killing kids over puppies.

Someone somewhere show me any justification for this crap.

As Ive said before , Id USA has this "right to bear arms" as its core value then these atrocities will occur time after time again.

Its the logic of the madness.

Yanks... hand in your guns, hand them all in and have them destroy.

I think its lunacy and the argument about it ain't guns that kill but people is a massive deflection.

Yes it is the people behind the guns, yet in the US it is far too easy for anyone to get a gun, multiple guns and high volume output guns.

With the culture there a lot of people do have guns and when someone does flip their lid, its so easy to get one or more, either they have them themselves or they can get them.

I have no idea of the solution, as some would say, its not my business anyway, but even of they did start to change, it would be a mammoth, impossible task to remove the weapons that people have.

The political lobbying there will inhibit and probably prevent any change in legislation.

We outsiders can only look in and shake our heads knowing nothing will change and while their leaders make no attempt to make a change then the prospects of change are as much as mine to win the lottery when I haven't bought a ticket.

Guns don't kill people on 18:19 - Oct 6 with 1482 viewsHidden_Hand

Guns don't kill people on 18:14 - Oct 6 by ItchySphincter

Did anyone else see the vid from earlier this year where a seven year old girl was being trained to use high power semi automatic weapons when she turned around and turned the instructor in to a pepper pot? Stupid Americans.

I seen that, they didn't learn though did they.
Guns don't kill people on 18:20 - Oct 6 with 1479 viewsGroo

Guns don't kill people on 18:14 - Oct 6 by ItchySphincter

She didn't turn I don't think, the recoil of the gun and her inability to control it caused the accident which killed the instructor.

Don't you just want to tut and shake your head though, what the hell are they thinking taking kids to fire high powered automatic guns.

Guns don't kill people on 18:26 - Oct 6 with 1471 viewsGroo

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/25/us/children-and-automatic-weapons-petition/

Guns don't kill people on 18:26 - Oct 6 with 1470 viewsItchySphincter

He was a good instructor see.

Guns don't kill people on 18:28 - Oct 6 with 1467 viewsHidden_Hand

The worst bit is, most of them just don't f*cking get it!
Guns don't kill people on 18:32 - Oct 6 with 1458 viewsGroo

This morning

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/breaking/Philadelphia-Community-College-Lock

Guns don't kill people on 18:34 - Oct 6 with 1455 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I'm somewhat on the fence a bit regarding gun control. Yes, we need stricter laws in the USA, not doubt about that.

But I'm not sure I'm ready to follow Britain's lead. Ran across this recently and found it interesting, considering what a hot topic USA and guns are on this board.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/09/24/how-gun-control-made-engla

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Guns don't kill people on 18:40 - Oct 6 with 1448 viewsepaul

Just watch the Jim jefferies vid I posted in the other gun thread, shows exactly how fking stupid yanks are when it comes to owning guns

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Guns don't kill people on 18:41 - Oct 6 with 1447 viewsItchySphincter

Guns don't kill people on 18:34 - Oct 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'm somewhat on the fence a bit regarding gun control. Yes, we need stricter laws in the USA, not doubt about that.

But I'm not sure I'm ready to follow Britain's lead. Ran across this recently and found it interesting, considering what a hot topic USA and guns are on this board.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/09/24/how-gun-control-made-engla

Bloody hell! That article attempts to demonstrate that gun controls haven't curbed gun massacres by pointing out that the perpetrators legally owned the weapons?! A load of old codswallop and twisted logic at best.

Guns don't kill people on 18:48 - Oct 6 with 1438 viewsHidden_Hand

Guns don't kill people on 18:41 - Oct 6 by ItchySphincter

Bloody hell! That article attempts to demonstrate that gun controls haven't curbed gun massacres by pointing out that the perpetrators legally owned the weapons?! A load of old codswallop and twisted logic at best.

Like I said.
Guns don't kill people on 18:52 - Oct 6 with 1433 viewsGroo

What's rated as a violent crime, how many are reported?

That pic shows the UK 13th overall for homocide (not #1) and how many were by guns?

Biggest issue I believe now in UK is knives is it not.

The old advice usually given is always don't fight back, give them your wallet.

Guns don't kill people on 18:52 - Oct 6 with 1433 viewsHighjack

The fact that he's got his data from the daily mail website suggests his article should be rolled up and burnt on a big fire.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Guns don't kill people on 18:58 - Oct 6 with 1429 viewsGroo

http://i1.wp.com/www.criminaljusticedegreehub.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Vio

With gun restrictions making it harder to obtain private weapons in the UK, violent crimes involving guns have greatly decreased. The number of total violent crimes, however, is almost double that of the US. Of those crimes, only 19% even involve a weapon, and only 5% of those involve a firearm. That means that of you’re roughly 1/100 chance of being involved in a violent crime in Britain and Wales in any given year, you have roughly a 1/10,000 chance of being in a violent crime involving a gun.

In the US your chances of being involved in a violent crime are less than 1/250.
Alternately, in the US your chances of being involved in a violent crime are less than 1/250. Of those involved with violent crimes, however, you have greater than a 1/10,000 chance of being involved in a violent crime involving a gun. In a country with less than half the violent crime, you have a greater chance of being the victim of a violent crime involving a gun.

http://www.criminaljusticedegreehub.com/violent-crime-us-abroad/
[Post edited 6 Oct 2015 18:59]

Guns don't kill people on 19:06 - Oct 6 with 1420 viewsGroo

Guns don't kill people on 18:52 - Oct 6 by Highjack

The fact that he's got his data from the daily mail website suggests his article should be rolled up and burnt on a big fire.

“In the UK there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people. …The US has a violent crime rate of 466 [violent] crimes per 100,000 residents.”
Some advice for Mr. Swann: when you see statistics that look unbelievable, you probably shouldn’t believe them, at least until you dig deeper into the data. Based on these figures, it appears that Britain is over 4 times more violent than the US, and since this is all he gives you, that is exactly what he leads his viewers to believe.

What Swann either doesn’t know, or simply doesn’t bother to tell his viewers, is that the definitions for “violent crime” are very different in the US and Britain, and the methodologies of the two statistics he cites are also different. (He probably simply doesn’t realize this: it appears that he lifted his data wholesale from a story in the Daily Mail, without checking it—something you might expect a fact checker to have done.)

http://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2013/01/12/fact-checking-ben-swann-is-the-u

Guns don't kill people on 19:21 - Oct 6 with 1404 viewsGowerjack

Where's Dav to defend the indefensible when you need him?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024