Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? (n/t) 21:49 - Oct 6 with 6749 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:00 - Oct 7 with 1663 viewsHighjack

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 23:54 - Oct 6 by skippyjack

He tried and tried.. but he just couldn't master the art of football.. he showed glimpses of decency.. but ultimately rubbish

But he ultimately scored quite a few goals for us. He was one of the top scorers in the league one season.

People have a strange view of worst players.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:02 - Oct 7 with 1661 viewsHighjack

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 06:55 - Oct 7 by shandyjack

Tony Bird

But growing up i absolutely hated Michael Howard as a player, he was horrendous
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 6:56]

He always had stick but played 200+ games and was part of a record breaking team who went 9 games without conceding a goal, ever present whilst we won the league with a good defensive record.

Nowhere near the worst.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:11 - Oct 7 with 1654 viewsGrandPrix

Never forget darren Perrett having some howlers and missing open goals.
David Romo was a dissapointment for a foreigner too

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:15 - Oct 7 with 1648 viewsDr_Winston

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:00 - Oct 7 by Highjack

But he ultimately scored quite a few goals for us. He was one of the top scorers in the league one season.

Certain players gain a reputation for being rubbish amongst the fans because most fans are sheep and hate to express opinions of their own.

Steve Watkin was nowhere near one of the worst players in our history.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:33 - Oct 7 with 1633 viewsMrSwerve

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:15 - Oct 7 by Dr_Winston

Certain players gain a reputation for being rubbish amongst the fans because most fans are sheep and hate to express opinions of their own.

Indeed, closer to one of our best...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:35 - Oct 7 with 1630 viewsHighjack

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:33 - Oct 7 by MrSwerve

Indeed, closer to one of our best...

Yes, you even have his face as your avatar.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:43 - Oct 7 with 1618 viewsjack247

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:15 - Oct 7 by Dr_Winston

Agreed. We have had far worse than Steve Watkin. Michael Howard was another one who was decent at the level he played at, but used to be classed as the worst player in the history of the universe, just because people love a scapegoat.
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:53 - Oct 7 with 1608 viewsSwansea_Viking

Aiden Newhouse. Tommy Mutton. Paul Chalmers. Plus a few more I have erased from memory to maintain my sanity.

Steve Watkin was quite decent I thought. He always tried his best despite his limitations.

It is a hard question to answer about worst footballers as the likes of Shecter et al would probably been good players for us in those lower league days.

You Stupid Boy!

Login to get fewer ads

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 08:05 - Oct 7 with 1600 viewsDewi1jack

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:53 - Oct 7 by Swansea_Viking

Aiden Newhouse. Tommy Mutton. Paul Chalmers. Plus a few more I have erased from memory to maintain my sanity.

Steve Watkin was quite decent I thought. He always tried his best despite his limitations.

It is a hard question to answer about worst footballers as the likes of Shecter et al would probably been good players for us in those lower league days.

That last sentence is very true.

But Judith one of the worst?
IMHO nowhere near
Kevin imawanca is far below that standard

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 08:27 - Oct 7 with 1583 viewsChief

It's harsh to judge the youngsters that came through the youth system as rubbish unless they had an extended run of games. you could make c case for people like Leigh De vulgt, bari Morgan, Gareth Phillips just weren't good enough for professional football,but unless you give them a go, you dint really know how bad they'll be.

As for someone we signed from another club, Lee Fieldwick. What did we ever see in him to sign him?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 08:37 - Oct 7 with 1578 viewsmurph

Charlie Hartfield
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 08:37 - Oct 7 with 1578 viewsWarwickHunt

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:43 - Oct 7 by jack247

Agreed. We have had far worse than Steve Watkin. Michael Howard was another one who was decent at the level he played at, but used to be classed as the worst player in the history of the universe, just because people love a scapegoat.

Or possibly because he was actually f*cking gash.

World class at running backwards though, fair play.
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 08:51 - Oct 7 with 1555 viewsjack247

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 08:37 - Oct 7 by WarwickHunt

Or possibly because he was actually f*cking gash.

World class at running backwards though, fair play.

He must have been here a good 5 years and played more or less every week. If he was a gash as that, he wouldn't have survived a season.

Not saying he was Ashley Cole like, but just like Steve Watkin was a scapegoat and nowhere near as bad as made out.
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 09:11 - Oct 7 with 1544 viewsWarwickHunt

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 08:51 - Oct 7 by jack247

He must have been here a good 5 years and played more or less every week. If he was a gash as that, he wouldn't have survived a season.

Not saying he was Ashley Cole like, but just like Steve Watkin was a scapegoat and nowhere near as bad as made out.

Perhaps he told a decent joke and kept the dressing room amused.

It's one of life's great mysteries. Not us unutterably shite as Aiden Newhouse though, granted.
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 09:12 - Oct 7 with 1544 viewsUxbridge

Watkins scored20 goals one season for us. Howard was part of one of our best defences. Neither are close.

The correct answer was Leigh Devulgt. Honourable mention for Colin MacDonald.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 09:41 - Oct 7 with 1485 viewsRichythejack

Got be Ngog for me

Poll: Should Darran be banned from the forums?

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 10:10 - Oct 7 with 1471 viewsVARDREJACK

Tony Cullen, 1992 I remember him and john cornforth kicking the ball to each other during a warm up before a game and Cullen was kicking the ball way past cornforth and cornforth shouting to him are you taking the piss, a truly awful player who was released at the end of the season.
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 10:24 - Oct 7 with 1458 viewsChrisSCFC

Darren Pratley.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 10:26]
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 10:33 - Oct 7 with 1450 viewsHighjack

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:43 - Oct 7 by jack247

He still lives down here (think he's working for the club actually) and still gets abuse off people in the street, which is harsh.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 10:39 - Oct 7 with 1443 viewsChrisSCFC

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 10:33 - Oct 7 by Highjack

He still lives down here (think he's working for the club actually) and still gets abuse off people in the street, which is harsh.

Bit harsh to say the least. Started watching the club regularly from 2001/02 he was pretty crap at that time but genuinely felt a bit sorry for him the abuse he got from the North Bank, I remember thinking he's no worse than most of the squad so WTF?

EDIT - You're on about Howard yeah? My bad.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 10:42]
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 10:41 - Oct 7 with 1439 viewsshandyjack

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:02 - Oct 7 by Highjack

He always had stick but played 200+ games and was part of a record breaking team who went 9 games without conceding a goal, ever present whilst we won the league with a good defensive record.

Nowhere near the worst.

no i know he wasn't near the worst, just as a young boy i just didn't like him or rate him. I was only 14/15 at the time under Hollins when we went up as champs

Poll: Expectation for the season

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 10:42 - Oct 7 with 1433 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 06:55 - Oct 7 by shandyjack

Tony Bird

But growing up i absolutely hated Michael Howard as a player, he was horrendous
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 6:56]

Thank you, I had a mind blank about Howard, although I only saw the arse end of his Swans career and after watching Carmarthen Town for years before that I was amazed at how this guy was playing League 2 standard.

Gary Fisken was another awful signing although technically he never really "played" for the Swans.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 11:04 - Oct 7 with 1415 viewsUxbridge

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 10:42 - Oct 7 by Jack_y_Jwc

Thank you, I had a mind blank about Howard, although I only saw the arse end of his Swans career and after watching Carmarthen Town for years before that I was amazed at how this guy was playing League 2 standard.

Gary Fisken was another awful signing although technically he never really "played" for the Swans.

Yes he did. I saw it. It gave me hope I might pull on the shirt.

He's a bit of a legend at Cambridge City funnily enough. His level.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 11:44 - Oct 7 with 1390 viewsItchySphincter

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:00 - Oct 7 by Highjack

He was a very good footballer but a crap striker unfortunately.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 12:05 - Oct 7 with 1368 viewsswan65split

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 10:10 - Oct 7 by VARDREJACK

Tony Cullen, 1992 I remember him and john cornforth kicking the ball to each other during a warm up before a game and Cullen was kicking the ball way past cornforth and cornforth shouting to him are you taking the piss, a truly awful player who was released at the end of the season.

Is this him mentioned in here?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/payback-time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024