Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? (n/t) 21:49 - Oct 6 with 6746 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 12:47 - Oct 7 with 1799 viewsDr_Winston

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 10:33 - Oct 7 by Highjack

He still lives down here (think he's working for the club actually) and still gets abuse off people in the street, which is harsh.

Married a local girl (friend of my sister) and settled down here. Worked for one of the local employment services providers before taking a job at the club.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 13:00 - Oct 7 with 1778 viewsperchrockjack

Most inept, Tommy Button.

Georgio Chinaglia for mention in dispatches

Biggest disappointment. OTJ

Most overated. More contentious

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 13:09 - Oct 7 with 1767 viewsDevz00

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 07:02 - Oct 7 by Highjack

He always had stick but played 200+ games and was part of a record breaking team who went 9 games without conceding a goal, ever present whilst we won the league with a good defensive record.

Nowhere near the worst.

Loved that season. Think it was 22 clean sheets and 7 in a row with 9 wins in a row.

Smith and Bound in the centre with Jones and Howard either side. Freestone behind. Class!

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 13:41 - Oct 7 with 1731 viewslondonlisa2001

Can't believe we've got to three pages without a mention of Kieron Durkan. Shocking.
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 13:44 - Oct 7 with 1730 viewsdobjack2

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 22:29 - Oct 6 by morningstar

Derek Bellotti. The worst goalkeeper ever to stand between the sticks!

Long time ago but I have a memory of him trying to catch a corner, may be cross, and the ball hitting him in the face.
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 13:58 - Oct 7 with 1715 viewsHighjack

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 13:41 - Oct 7 by londonlisa2001

Can't believe we've got to three pages without a mention of Kieron Durkan. Shocking.

I mentioned him on the first page

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 14:13 - Oct 7 with 1707 viewslondonlisa2001

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 13:58 - Oct 7 by Highjack

I mentioned him on the first page

oh yes - sorry. Although it wasn't as clear as it might have been that he was dreadful
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 14:45 - Oct 7 with 1690 viewsAquinas

CURTIS OBENG.

He may not be the worst in terms of ability (we'll never know, he never played for us) but as the overall package of cost/ability/impact on the team etc he has to be up there. We signed him when he was 23 which suggests he was bought to play but instead he spent three years at the club going on loan to league 2 teams.

According to wiki his salary was 637,000 euros in 2013, if that is anywhere close to the mark that has to make him the worst player ever.
Login to get fewer ads

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 15:03 - Oct 7 with 1670 viewsDevz00

Can't believe people have put forward Steve Watkin and Tony bird before Dave O'Gorman and Aiden Newhouse.

Just having a look at Newhouse's record for us on wiki and I know he didn't even score a goal for us but it's quite pathetic. No goals in 14 appearances over 2 years. Also, he only got 15 in 114 games in his career and he's a striker. We actually paid money for him too which was rare at the time.

Dave O'Gorman doesn't even have a wiki page . I think he scored a few for us though to be fair.

EDIT - This is a spooky coincidence
http://www.daveogorman.com/Agents/Default.cfm?sBrokerCode=remaxpreferred&aid=235

Remax and a bloke called Dave O'Gorman...
[Post edited 7 Oct 2015 15:08]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 15:51 - Oct 7 with 1648 viewsTrundle10

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 15:03 - Oct 7 by Devz00

Can't believe people have put forward Steve Watkin and Tony bird before Dave O'Gorman and Aiden Newhouse.

Just having a look at Newhouse's record for us on wiki and I know he didn't even score a goal for us but it's quite pathetic. No goals in 14 appearances over 2 years. Also, he only got 15 in 114 games in his career and he's a striker. We actually paid money for him too which was rare at the time.

Dave O'Gorman doesn't even have a wiki page . I think he scored a few for us though to be fair.

http://www.daveogorman.com/Agents/Default.cfm?sBrokerCode=remaxpreferred&aid=235

Marcus Bean
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 22:15 - Oct 7 with 1553 viewshydraulicjack

Newhouse and fiskin

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 23:12 - Oct 7 with 1524 viewsSwanseajill

Steve Watkin was one of the players who shone in a very, very dull team in my opinion. All you can ask of a team that you, as a supporter, have had absolutely no input in signing ....is that they give 100% each and every game.

Watkins always gave 100%, he was not the best striker we've ever had. But one thing he did that outshone the rest of the team we had at the time....He was the only player on the pitch that could 'trap' the ball to gain an advantage.
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 23:14 - Oct 7 with 1524 viewsTNT

Pat McQuillan.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 06:52 - Oct 8 with 1497 viewswaynekerr55

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 23:02 - Oct 6 by Highjack

No way are they the worst. They played (admittedly badly) at a considerably higher level than the likes of Leigh devulgt and Kieran Durkin.

Schecter is one of the most brain dead footballers I've ever seen at any level. It's no coincidence that he's scored virtually all of his goals in the Israeli pub league.

But yes, Michael Howard etc. 😷

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 06:54 - Oct 8 with 1496 viewswaynekerr55

Mossy didn't do to well when he was here

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 08:47 - Oct 8 with 1477 viewsPapaLazarou

The trio of players that Huw signed when he first tried his hand in the "Director of Football" role just prior to Jackett's appointment must rank up there:

Leyton Maxwell, Lee Fieldwick, Matthew Rees.

Pretty much all of the original 02/03 squad were lucky to be playing professional football at that stage of their careers (bar: Freestone, O'Leary, Smith, Murphy & Thomas)

Iain Craney for £150k was a colossal waste of money, and one of the final nails in Jackett's coffin.
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 09:18 - Oct 8 with 1462 viewsItchySphincter

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 15:03 - Oct 7 by Devz00

I thought of Dave O'Gorman. IIRC he was part of the deal that brought Tony Bird from Barry Town. He turned out to be pretty efficient all things considered and same with Bird - not really good enough for league football but still managed to get to double figures I believe. David Thomas had a similar type of scoring record and got sold to Watforrd for 100 grand plus.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 09:20 - Oct 8 with 1461 viewsItchySphincter

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 23:12 - Oct 7 by Swanseajill

Steve Watkin was one of the players who shone in a very, very dull team in my opinion. All you can ask of a team that you, as a supporter, have had absolutely no input in signing ....is that they give 100% each and every game.

Watkins always gave 100%, he was not the best striker we've ever had. But one thing he did that outshone the rest of the team we had at the time....He was the only player on the pitch that could 'trap' the ball to gain an advantage.

He was a good player.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 09:25 - Oct 8 with 1457 viewsAndyNak

Colin McDonald

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 09:54 - Oct 8 with 1446 viewsItchySphincter

Everyone always says Colin MacDonald but the truth as I remember it is that he barely got five mins on the pitch on which to judge him. Signed from Falkirk around about the same time as Linton Brown from Hull and MacDonald didn't get a look in. He may well have been the worst but we never saw him so we don't know.

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 19:01 - Oct 8 with 1377 viewsAndyNak

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 09:54 - Oct 8 by ItchySphincter

Everyone always says Colin MacDonald but the truth as I remember it is that he barely got five mins on the pitch on which to judge him. Signed from Falkirk around about the same time as Linton Brown from Hull and MacDonald didn't get a look in. He may well have been the worst but we never saw him so we don't know.

Do they? No one mentioned him in this thread. Usually when I have a conversation with my mates he is barely remembered but I definitely remember him playing. Remember us signing a young lad from Spurs on loan at the time, someone Hill. He was class at that level but we couldn't keep hold of him.

Ok I'll throw in Ryan Casey and Steve Brody

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 19:08 - Oct 8 with 1371 viewsDarran

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 19:01 - Oct 8 by AndyNak

Do they? No one mentioned him in this thread. Usually when I have a conversation with my mates he is barely remembered but I definitely remember him playing. Remember us signing a young lad from Spurs on loan at the time, someone Hill. He was class at that level but we couldn't keep hold of him.

Ok I'll throw in Ryan Casey and Steve Brody

Except for Uxbridge who mentioned him on page 2.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 19:49 - Oct 8 with 1355 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Kean who went on to manage Blackburn in 2010 came to us on loan from Falkirk I think it was with some other guy - both were gash and even looked up at my old man who was shouting advice to them in where to pass the fecking ball....nodded their heads at him as well!!!!!
Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 23:37 - Oct 8 with 1313 viewsAndyNak

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 19:08 - Oct 8 by Darran

Except for Uxbridge who mentioned him on page 2.

Ah f**k

Who, in your expert opinion, is the worst player ever to have played for SCFC? ( on 00:28 - Oct 9 with 1299 viewsHighjack

What about Jonathon Coates in his later years?

He accidentally took a free kick once and the ball only moved an inch so he stood there shielding it whilst everyone else on the pitch was wondering what the f uck was going on because he wasn't allowed to touch it again.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024