Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) 10:47 - Oct 7 with 3443 viewsshandyjack

Poll: Expectation for the season

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 11:00 - Oct 7 with 3427 viewsAquinas

Probably Shelvey.

When we signed him I thought we'd just bought a petulant kid who thinks he is way better than he actually is and his attitude would disrupt the team's ethos.

I may have been right to an extent at the time but he is certainly not the player he was when he first joined us. He's now one of my favourite players to watch and I always hope he bags a goal.

Shelvey could be passed by Gomis if he gets 15+ goals this season. I still don't believe Gomis is good enough to be the main striker for a top 10 club and he has no loyalty at all.
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 11:01 - Oct 7 with 3423 viewsgiantstoneater

Terry Phelan in his first game for us in a pre season friendly I was on a downer following our relegation the previous season and I'd never seen a defender so small but the way he got up and down that line gave me heart for the season.
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 12:05 - Oct 7 with 3355 viewsjakarmi

Joe Allon - thought he was awful, (i remember the crowd sarcastically cheering when he finally won a header), and then he went on that 7 game scoring run, and scored famous overhead kick against them up the road
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 12:13 - Oct 7 with 3343 viewsswan65split

TBH it has to be our present legend Alan Curtis, when he first come on the scene he was a left winger, I thought he was awful, but he was switched to striker and hey presto!!!
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 12:18 - Oct 7 with 3332 viewsjack247

Similar to Aquinas, I am hoping it is going to be Gomis.

Not really humble pie, but I never really had any expectations for Rangel. Thought he was just going to be one of those cheap squad players that get a few league cup games and then disappear into obscurity.

I also didn't think a lot of Andy Robinson first few times I saw him, but it was pre season and I think he was playing as a striker.
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 12:56 - Oct 7 with 3270 viewsRichythejack

Bony!!

The first couple of games i seen him especially in Europe i thought he was terrible. He looked slow, didn’t attack the ball and look like he had weights on his ankles as he could barely jump.

A couple of months later he was like a different player and one of the best.

Poll: Should Darran be banned from the forums?

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 13:34 - Oct 7 with 3228 viewsChrisSCFC

Bafetimbi Gomis.

Thought he was absolute shit, turns out he's average.
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 17:55 - Oct 7 with 3094 viewsOldjack

Big Bob ,i thought he might have been passed it along with Ian Callaghan ,two gems they were

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 18:11 - Oct 7 with 3073 viewsmarchamjack

Bony no doubt

Best cf we've ever had. First few times I saw him I thought we'd resigned Tony Bird

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 19:55 - Oct 7 with 2996 viewsKilkennyjack

Both Tate and Bony. Both Jack heroes.

Beware of the Risen People

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 20:18 - Oct 7 with 2967 viewsJackSwanTV

Jonjo. Then spew it back up again. Then eat it again and he did the same in his second match to......,

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 20:34 - Oct 7 with 2942 viewsbuilthjack

Hazdiabdic. He looked clumsy the first few games. Then showed his true worth.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 20:36 - Oct 7 with 2933 viewsllareggub

for me it was Garry Monk i just couldn’t see past his smallish stature i remember seeing him in games where he had just come back after injury an id be inwardly groaning thinking he is never going to keep up with things an his timing is going to be all off ............thankfully i knew nothing an he continued to make me eat my words probably that's why im sat in my flat rolling fags an Monk is our manager
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 23:07 - Oct 7 with 2820 viewsTNT

Russell Coughlin.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 00:44 - Oct 8 with 2790 viewsJJJack

Routledge - saw him quite a lot prior to us signing him- thought he'd be lucky to play 20 games for us. Still far from a personal favourite of mine but I concede he's done well here.

Ki - I was a Ki-hater 1st season. Thought he slowed our game down and was delighted when we shipped him out on loan. But he seemed to grow a pair up North and buy some urgency from The Jarrow Urgency Shop and by end of last season I thought he was class.
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 08:36 - Oct 8 with 2703 viewsPapaLazarou

Warren Feeney.
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 09:22 - Oct 8 with 2685 viewsLohengrin

David Romo.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 10:08 - Oct 8 with 2664 viewsscottishjack

Trundle for me, before our first game of the season my mate was raving about this guy we had signed from Wrexham.

That first game he missed a good few chances and I thought he was being way too greedy with the ball...I was very, very wrong!
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 11:59 - Oct 8 with 2625 viewssquarebear

I had doubts about Jason Scotland making the step up. Perhaps this says more about my view of Scottish football than of Jason, though I often thought he seemed somehow uncoordinated.

I've just watched a video of his goal exploits. Most of them were hit with his left peg though he took penalties with his right. An enigma.
Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 12:44 - Oct 8 with 2589 viewsDyfnant

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 11:59 - Oct 8 by squarebear

I had doubts about Jason Scotland making the step up. Perhaps this says more about my view of Scottish football than of Jason, though I often thought he seemed somehow uncoordinated.

I've just watched a video of his goal exploits. Most of them were hit with his left peg though he took penalties with his right. An enigma.

He was pretty poor until he scored at Plymouth.

A month ago I would've said Gomis

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 13:22 - Oct 8 with 2560 viewspencoedjack

Monk as manager

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 10:21 - Oct 9 with 2395 viewsStarsky

I always pride myself on keeping an open mind when we're recruiting managerial or playing staff.
The one that completely underwhelmed me was signing Brendan Rodgers. Humble pie for me on that one.

It's just the internet, init.

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 11:48 - Oct 9 with 2378 viewsmonmouth

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 10:21 - Oct 9 by Starsky

I always pride myself on keeping an open mind when we're recruiting managerial or playing staff.
The one that completely underwhelmed me was signing Brendan Rodgers. Humble pie for me on that one.

Yes, this.

And Shelvey.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 18:37 - Oct 9 with 2265 viewsymaohyd

Which Swansea signing in history has made you eat the most Humble Pie? (n/t) on 10:21 - Oct 9 by Starsky

That has to be the best answer..BR

Not a player i know, how many though would have forseen what he achieved....for us! How many were underwhelmed (including me) at the appointment of good old Brendan?

All bizarre really at the time. The usual rumours with regards to Graeme Jones, did we also approach Tisdale for about the 3rd time?

Then almost by accident Huw has a look at Brendan's 'dossier' and hey presto.

Swansea City as we knew it changed forever.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024