Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) 09:09 - Oct 8 with 4051 viewsshandyjack

Poll: Expectation for the season

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 19:43 - Oct 8 with 1529 viewswhiterock

Frank tabenau, where do I claim my prize
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 19:48 - Oct 8 with 1524 viewsRancid

Ian Craney and Andy Cook were both pretty shit and expensive at the time for us.
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:06 - Oct 8 with 1506 viewsDr_Winston

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 19:48 - Oct 8 by Rancid

Ian Craney and Andy Cook were both pretty shit and expensive at the time for us.

Andy Cook was a decent LB.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:12 - Oct 8 with 1501 viewswhiterock

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:06 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

Let's hope Frank is too
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:15 - Oct 8 with 1495 viewsRancid

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:06 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

And a lot of money at the time.Not our worst signing but in terms of fee and effect I thought he should get a mention.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 20:16]
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:16 - Oct 8 with 1494 viewsDr_Winston

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:12 - Oct 8 by whiterock

Let's hope Frank is too

Won't know until he gets games.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:38 - Oct 8 with 1470 viewswhiterock

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:16 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

Won't know until he gets games.

Played at Hull, he was gash but wasn't the only one

Showed promise pre-season
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:39 - Oct 8 with 1470 viewswaynekerr55

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 19:40 - Oct 8 by dickythorpe

Pablo Hernandez £5.5 million!!!!!!

That pass against them up the road for Wayne's goal was worth that alone.

A key game... God knows where we would be if we had lost that one

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:45 - Oct 8 with 1452 viewsRancid

I can see why Hernandez gets a mention in this type of thread given the time he spent on the pitch for us and the hefty fee but he was a class act on his day and occasionally brilliant.Far too brittle to carve a long term career out in the PL though.
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 22:02 - Oct 8 with 1401 viewsKilkennyjack

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:45 - Oct 8 by Rancid

I can see why Hernandez gets a mention in this type of thread given the time he spent on the pitch for us and the hefty fee but he was a class act on his day and occasionally brilliant.Far too brittle to carve a long term career out in the PL though.

Exactly

Beware of the Risen People

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 22:47 - Oct 8 with 1379 viewsmonmouth

£26k Ronnie Rees when we didn't really have a pot to piss in.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 22:51 - Oct 8 with 1370 viewsmonmouth

ooh, no, £350K (?) for colin Irwin that, without Liverpool letting us off would have finished us forever, and nearly did anyway. Hardly played a game before irreparably damaging himself.

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 23:17 - Oct 8 with 1341 viewswhiterock

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 22:51 - Oct 8 by monmouth

ooh, no, £350K (?) for colin Irwin that, without Liverpool letting us off would have finished us forever, and nearly did anyway. Hardly played a game before irreparably damaging himself.

Didn't we get a pay out for Irwin?

Liverpool may have let us off some of the money we paid for Ray Kennedy, memory fades
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 23:20 - Oct 8 with 1335 viewsLeonisGod

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 20:45 - Oct 8 by Rancid

He played far more football than he's given credit for. He's both one of the best and one of the worse players I've seen down the liberty (yes, been going down there since it opened).
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 23:20 - Oct 8 with 1335 viewsmonmouth

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 23:17 - Oct 8 by whiterock

Didn't we get a pay out for Irwin?

Liverpool may have let us off some of the money we paid for Ray Kennedy, memory fades

Possibly....give me another 10 years and I'll have perfect recall. At the moment I'm stuck in 1972.

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 23:38 - Oct 8 with 1295 viewsChrisSCFC

Pablo played more good games than people give him credit for IMO. Like was said above that pass to Routledge was worth the transfer fee alone let alone scoring an equaliser against Chelsea, his outstanding performance in THAT West Brom game, best player on the pitch away at Napoli etc. Shame he was injury prone and obviously inconsistent but I wouldn't call £5.5 million a 'hefty' transfer fee for a player of his calibre.

Of the players who've left the club in recent seasons I miss him the most behind Bony.
Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 00:20 - Oct 9 with 1270 viewsHighjack

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 23:38 - Oct 8 by ChrisSCFC

Pablo played more good games than people give him credit for IMO. Like was said above that pass to Routledge was worth the transfer fee alone let alone scoring an equaliser against Chelsea, his outstanding performance in THAT West Brom game, best player on the pitch away at Napoli etc. Shame he was injury prone and obviously inconsistent but I wouldn't call £5.5 million a 'hefty' transfer fee for a player of his calibre.

Of the players who've left the club in recent seasons I miss him the most behind Bony.

In fairness I think pretty much all of the players Laudrup signed swung perpetually between absolute brilliance and total ineptitude in short 5 minute bursts.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 00:23 - Oct 9 with 1266 viewsHighjack

Has anybody mentioned Darren Way yet?

Was always brilliant against us, but we spunked a load of cash on him and he barely played. If my memory serves me he was already injured when he signed, and the injury was sustained in a match against us.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 00:25 - Oct 9 with 1265 viewsHighjack

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 00:23 - Oct 9 by Highjack

Has anybody mentioned Darren Way yet?

Was always brilliant against us, but we spunked a load of cash on him and he barely played. If my memory serves me he was already injured when he signed, and the injury was sustained in a match against us.

In fact here he is playing against some old bald fella, or possibly trying to force some sexual relations.

[Post edited 9 Oct 2015 0:31]

Worst ever signing in terms of value for money? (n/t) on 02:39 - Oct 9 with 1236 viewsforkbeard

Never forget the fee paid for Alvaro Vazquez
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024