Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superfast Broadband 10:49 - Oct 8 with 1044 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Is it needed?

Just got rid of Sky and with only 2 of us living in the house weighing up all the deals currently available.

Obviously more expensive with the superfast but do I need it? Will be mostly using it for Kodi to stream tv and films

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Superfast Broadband on 11:09 - Oct 8 with 1024 viewsUxbridge

If streaming then yes. Also if streaming a lot you'd be better off looking at the uncapped packages ... 20GB doesn't last long on Netflix.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Superfast Broadband on 11:13 - Oct 8 with 1021 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Superfast Broadband on 11:09 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

If streaming then yes. Also if streaming a lot you'd be better off looking at the uncapped packages ... 20GB doesn't last long on Netflix.

thanks ux - I'm looking at the total usage for the year for the superfast and its more expensive however I'm paying over £90pm to sky at the moment so its nothing really

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Superfast Broadband on 11:15 - Oct 8 with 1014 viewsUxbridge

Superfast Broadband on 11:13 - Oct 8 by PatchesOHoulihan

thanks ux - I'm looking at the total usage for the year for the superfast and its more expensive however I'm paying over £90pm to sky at the moment so its nothing really

Before Sky offered me a rather decent package for £48 a month (all TV, Fibre and phone) I was looking at just getting a Virgin Broadband deal for £30 a month .. 100MB speeds, uncapped. If I was purely streaming that's the one I'd look at ... the 150MB is probably overkill.

Superfast Broadband on 14:14 - Oct 8 with 936 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Superfast Broadband on 11:15 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

Before Sky offered me a rather decent package for £48 a month (all TV, Fibre and phone) I was looking at just getting a Virgin Broadband deal for £30 a month .. 100MB speeds, uncapped. If I was purely streaming that's the one I'd look at ... the 150MB is probably overkill.

Don't think Virgin is possible where we live

Is it worth having a basic tv package or should we just go straight to streaming if the price they offer isn't acceptable

Superfast Broadband on 14:31 - Oct 8 with 919 viewsUxbridge

Superfast Broadband on 14:14 - Oct 8 by PatchesOHoulihan

Don't think Virgin is possible where we live

Is it worth having a basic tv package or should we just go straight to streaming if the price they offer isn't acceptable

Entirely up to you to be honest. I hadn't had Sky for years until last month, but think their On Demand stuff is very good. Netflix is awesome though, especially if you can change your DNS settings to get the US stuff.

What do you watch?

Superfast Broadband on 19:07 - Oct 8 with 846 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Superfast Broadband on 14:31 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

Entirely up to you to be honest. I hadn't had Sky for years until last month, but think their On Demand stuff is very good. Netflix is awesome though, especially if you can change your DNS settings to get the US stuff.

What do you watch?

Bit of everything but mostly box sets, watched a lot of the bigger named programmes

Just started watching the shield - could take a few weeks out of our lives depending where it goes after the 1st episode

Superfast Broadband on 20:19 - Oct 8 with 815 viewsNeathJack

What do you watch?

No need for Netflix when you can use Kodi mun.
Superfast Broadband on 20:44 - Oct 8 with 796 viewsUxbridge

Superfast Broadband on 20:19 - Oct 8 by NeathJack

No need for Netflix when you can use Kodi mun.

Some of us don't break the law as a course of habit

Netflix for £6 a month or so is an utter bargain, especially when on the other countries sites.

Login to get fewer ads

Superfast Broadband on 20:45 - Oct 8 with 794 viewsUxbridge

Superfast Broadband on 19:07 - Oct 8 by PatchesOHoulihan

Bit of everything but mostly box sets, watched a lot of the bigger named programmes

Just started watching the shield - could take a few weeks out of our lives depending where it goes after the 1st episode

Yeah you'll be alright just streaming, and you'll always have freeview/freesat too. I was doing pretty much the same until recently. Key is to get a good broadband though ... 40MB speeds minimum and uncapped.

Superfast Broadband on 09:36 - Oct 9 with 699 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Superfast Broadband on 20:45 - Oct 8 by Uxbridge

Yeah you'll be alright just streaming, and you'll always have freeview/freesat too. I was doing pretty much the same until recently. Key is to get a good broadband though ... 40MB speeds minimum and uncapped.

Yeah reckon I'll get the fibre just incase - definitly uncapped

Superfast Broadband on 18:22 - Oct 9 with 643 viewsymaohyd

What do you watch?

What do you mean change your DNS settings? How do i do it?

Cheers

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024