Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced 17:08 - Oct 8 with 1173 viewsTummer_from_Texas

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=820773

This is usually a source of frustration for me, because their definition of "Rock and Roll" is ridiculous and Jann Wenner is a complete turd. But this year's list of nominees is unusually great.

Personal favorites I'm rooting for, in order:

1) The Cars
2) Cheap Trick
3) Yes
4) Chicago (in spite of a lot of sucking after Terry Kath died)
5) Deep Purple
6) The Smiths (would be shocked if they make it)
7) The Spinners (still around in some form after 60 years)
8) Nine Inch Nails (way too soon compared to the ones above)
9) NWA (not Rock and Roll, but I guess deserve it anyway. Too soon though like NIN.)
10) Steve Miller (Dallas guy - little known trivia: he and Boz Scaggs were high school buddies and in a band together)

The Smashing Pumpkins were eligible for the 1st time (I believe Pearl Jam too), but this list is pretty packed with deserving names who've been around a lot longer.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 17:10]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 17:17 - Oct 8 with 1165 viewsItchySphincter

The Cars should be in. Load of boIIocks though really.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 17:37 - Oct 8 with 1145 viewsDarran

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 17:17 - Oct 8 by ItchySphincter

The Cars should be in. Load of boIIocks though really.

Get in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 17:49 - Oct 8 with 1137 viewsWarwickHunt

Cheap Trick?

F*ck me - they'll let anyone in these days.

While I'm here...

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 17:57 - Oct 8 with 1122 viewsblueytheblue

The Cars - IN
Cheap Trick - HELL TO THE NO.
Yes - AS THEIR NAME SAYS
Chicago - NOT YET
Deep Purple - SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN YEARS AGO
The Smiths - NO
The Spinners - NO
Nine Inch Nails - YES,FIRST BALLOT FOR INFLUENCE
NWA - F*CK RAP
Steve Miller - YES

Poll: Alternate POTY final

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 18:02 - Oct 8 with 1116 viewsDarran

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 17:57 - Oct 8 by blueytheblue

The Cars - IN
Cheap Trick - HELL TO THE NO.
Yes - AS THEIR NAME SAYS
Chicago - NOT YET
Deep Purple - SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN YEARS AGO
The Smiths - NO
The Spinners - NO
Nine Inch Nails - YES,FIRST BALLOT FOR INFLUENCE
NWA - F*CK RAP
Steve Miller - YES

Thick tw*t.

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 18:05 - Oct 8 with 1113 viewsblueytheblue

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 18:02 - Oct 8 by Darran

Thick tw*t.

You'd be all over me like a granny prostitute on Rooney if I'd said yes to Cheap Trick.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 18:06 - Oct 8 with 1110 viewsDarran

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 18:05 - Oct 8 by blueytheblue

You'd be all over me like a granny prostitute on Rooney if I'd said yes to Cheap Trick.

Yes I would.

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 18:17 - Oct 8 with 1101 viewsItchySphincter

I like a bit of Steve Miller too. Bit of an unsung guitar hero.

and a great one by the Cars.

Login to get fewer ads

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 18:19 - Oct 8 with 1095 viewsDr_Winston

The Cars did a lot of good, catchy pop.

Disposable for the most part but still worth a listen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 18:22 - Oct 8 with 1090 viewsItchySphincter

Nothing wrong wit a bit of disposable, catchy pop. I was thought of the Cars as having a bit more substance than that mind, more of of a punky new wave type of feel about them.

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 20:11 - Oct 8 with 1050 viewsTummer_from_Texas

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 18:22 - Oct 8 by ItchySphincter

Nothing wrong wit a bit of disposable, catchy pop. I was thought of the Cars as having a bit more substance than that mind, more of of a punky new wave type of feel about them.

Yeah - Heartbeat City and Door To Door (the terrible follow up) were pop, but everything before that was pretty edgy.

They came out with an album a couple years ago that was actually really good, with a synth bass covering for Ben Orr (RIP). Sounded a lot like Cars circa 78-79. Sadly went unnoticed in today's market.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 20:19 - Oct 8 with 1043 viewsDarran

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/15/cheap_trick_is_one_of_the_best_rock_bands_ever_w

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 13:34 - Oct 9 with 985 viewsProfessor

2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees announced on 18:02 - Oct 8 by Darran

Thick tw*t.

NWA and The Smiths as (if not more) influential than NIN. I would have Cheap Trick-don;t know much about them but the Foo Fighters series in Chicago drew them in a good light. Nothing against Chicago or The Cars but never found the interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024