Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City need reality check 17:32 - Oct 9 with 1928 viewsOldjack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/LEIGHTON-JAMES-COLUMN-Swansea-City-need-

just about spot on i'd say

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City need reality check on 18:28 - Oct 9 with 1843 viewsperchrockjack

which begs the question,"why the feck hasn't the ground been extended yet.

Reality check or simply negative small time thinking

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea City need reality check on 18:30 - Oct 9 with 1843 viewsymaohyd

Yes, a fair assessment that mirrors my own thoughts on our premier league adventure. Every season in the prem is a triumph and an opportunity to change our DNA of being a lower league club for most of our history.

The only thing I'd disagree with is the necessity to develop the stadium to compete. I'd love us to add seats, just to attract new supporters to the club. However, I dont think in revevenue terms it would make much of a difference.

10,000 would give us what £5 mill extra a season? Not to be sniffed at but not going to allow us to compete with the top 6.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Swansea City need reality check on 18:31 - Oct 9 with 1839 viewsdgt73

Swansea City need reality check on 18:28 - Oct 9 by perchrockjack

Why hasn't the ground been expanded lol.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Swansea City need reality check on 18:33 - Oct 9 with 1837 viewsOldjack

Swansea City need reality check on 18:28 - Oct 9 by perchrockjack

Watching the pennies in it ,but i do believe expansion is just around the corner

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City need reality check on 18:34 - Oct 9 with 1834 viewsdgt73

Apart from the performance at Watford I'd say we are doing fine - still unbeaten at home - against Man U, Everton, spurs........far from panic stations.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Swansea City need reality check on 18:49 - Oct 9 with 1802 viewsPegojack

Swansea City need reality check on 18:30 - Oct 9 by ymaohyd

Yes, a fair assessment that mirrors my own thoughts on our premier league adventure. Every season in the prem is a triumph and an opportunity to change our DNA of being a lower league club for most of our history.

The only thing I'd disagree with is the necessity to develop the stadium to compete. I'd love us to add seats, just to attract new supporters to the club. However, I dont think in revevenue terms it would make much of a difference.

10,000 would give us what £5 mill extra a season? Not to be sniffed at but not going to allow us to compete with the top 6.

I don't think stadium expansion is neccessarily about competing financially.

It's about something a bit more ethereal, but just as important in my opinion. It's about how we see ourselves, and how others see us. At the moment, we're still ranked with the cinderella clubs - Bournemouth and Watford now, QPR last season. We are not going to be considered as even a middle ranking Premier League club until our stadium has a capacity which matches most others in that rank.

It's about attracting quality players, it's about attracting sponsors, it's about lots of other things.

Huw, make it happen.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2015 18:50]
Swansea City need reality check on 19:43 - Oct 9 with 1713 viewsperchrockjack

Pennies? No that was many years ago.

To be a Bigger club we need bigger stadium . More events, more exposure to the general sport public.

Incredible we still think like a village

Swansea City need reality check on 20:16 - Oct 9 with 1681 viewsEdmundo

Swansea City need reality check on 18:33 - Oct 9 by Oldjack

Watching the pennies in it ,but i do believe expansion is just around the corner

Landore station moving up the agenda suggests there are serious moves afoot👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City need reality check on 20:26 - Oct 9 with 1658 viewsplasjack

Swansea City need reality check on 19:43 - Oct 9 by perchrockjack

To be a Bigger club we need bigger stadium . More events, more exposure to the general sport public.

Given our population in comparative terms we are a village.
Swansea City need reality check on 20:42 - Oct 9 with 1637 viewsOldjack

Swansea City need reality check on 19:43 - Oct 9 by perchrockjack

The way Huw and co think ,WE'LL NOT GO INTO DEBT NO MATTER WHAT
staying this league comes before anything but not at any cost ,slowly but surely we'll get there ,big ground big crowds and staying put ,

that's fine by me

Swansea City need reality check on 20:57 - Oct 9 with 1596 viewsperchrockjack

Well not really, friends.

Swansea area has plenty of people.

Bigger stadium brings... Oh let's leave it before it gets all dirty.

Thinking bigger doesn't mean bigger debt.

We haven't yet realised half our potential

Swansea City need reality check on 21:21 - Oct 9 with 1568 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City need reality check on 18:49 - Oct 9 by Pegojack

It's about something a bit more ethereal, but just as important in my opinion. It's about how we see ourselves, and how others see us. At the moment, we're still ranked with the cinderella clubs - Bournemouth and Watford now, QPR last season. We are not going to be considered as even a middle ranking Premier League club until our stadium has a capacity which matches most others in that rank.

It's about attracting quality players, it's about attracting sponsors, it's about lots of other things.

Huw, make it happen.

Attendances mean f*ck all regarding league success, less so with regards spending power. Having a debt free club and the means to keep on improving the side year on year means a lot more.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City need reality check on 21:42 - Oct 9 with 1535 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Swansea City need reality check on 18:34 - Oct 9 by dgt73

Apart from the performance at Watford I'd say we are doing fine - still unbeaten at home - against Man U, Everton, spurs........far from panic stations.

Just overheard on talksport someone rating us C- for the season so far

I know we've been slightly off the last couple of games but still!!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Swansea City need reality check on 21:45 - Oct 9 with 1526 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City need reality check on 21:42 - Oct 9 by PatchesOHoulihan

Just overheard on talksport someone rating us C- for the season so far

I know we've been slightly off the last couple of games but still!!!

If we can beat Mun United one week and lose to Watford away in the next couple C minus is about what we deserve. This happened last early on last season but it seemed to have sorted itself out after Christmas . Let's have some more consistency please

Swansea City need reality check on 21:48 - Oct 9 with 1518 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea City need reality check on 21:45 - Oct 9 by Brynmill_Jack

If we can beat Mun United one week and lose to Watford away in the next couple C minus is about what we deserve. This happened last early on last season but it seemed to have sorted itself out after Christmas . Let's have some more consistency please

C- on the season so far? Behave yourself, comrade. B. Fine, but could do better.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea City need reality check on 21:55 - Oct 9 with 1501 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City need reality check on 21:48 - Oct 9 by exiledclaseboy

C- on the season so far? Behave yourself, comrade. B. Fine, but could do better.

I won't behave! Not whilst guzzling this fine Isla Negra Chilean chardonnay and chomping on breadsticks........................
All after a fine chicken currry from the jubilee garden in sketty

Swansea City need reality check on 22:01 - Oct 9 with 1485 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea City need reality check on 21:55 - Oct 9 by Brynmill_Jack

I won't behave! Not whilst guzzling this fine Isla Negra Chilean chardonnay and chomping on breadsticks........................
All after a fine chicken currry from the jubilee garden in sketty

Bourgeois. You've changed, man.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea City need reality check on 22:13 - Oct 9 with 1469 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City need reality check on 22:01 - Oct 9 by exiledclaseboy

Bourgeois. You've changed, man.

I'm preparing for power comrade. We shall have Lohengrin serving s drinks for us on the pollitburo patio with DGT to wipe our feet on lol and Perchrock doing a comedy turn.

Swansea City need reality check on 10:15 - Oct 10 with 1328 viewsjohnlangy

Swansea City need reality check on 18:49 - Oct 9 by Pegojack

Huw, make it happen.

100% correct.

Perception is very important. A bigger capacity WILL attract better players and sponsors. Other Club's supporters definitely look at attendances. I say that because we do. There's always a new thread asking if we just beat our record even if it's only an extra 30 or so. And competing attendance wise with the 6/7/8 middle ranking capacity stadiums will also make us feel we are part of a bigger club. And i'm sure the board would not consider an extra £5 million or whatever amount trivial when it would pay the wages of another two quality PL players.

That £5 m may not help us in competing with Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc but it will certainly help us competing with the 6/7/8 I mentioned above who will then be in the same position as us.
Swansea City need reality check on 12:24 - Oct 10 with 1259 viewsDafyddHuw

Swansea City need reality check on 10:15 - Oct 10 by johnlangy

100% correct.

Perception is very important. A bigger capacity WILL attract better players and sponsors. Other Club's supporters definitely look at attendances. I say that because we do. There's always a new thread asking if we just beat our record even if it's only an extra 30 or so. And competing attendance wise with the 6/7/8 middle ranking capacity stadiums will also make us feel we are part of a bigger club. And i'm sure the board would not consider an extra £5 million or whatever amount trivial when it would pay the wages of another two quality PL players.

That £5 m may not help us in competing with Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc but it will certainly help us competing with the 6/7/8 I mentioned above who will then be in the same position as us.

Leighton James - him not speak with forked tongue. Him tell truth. Him also have moccasins firmly planted on ground.

End of racist post.
Swansea City need reality check on 21:37 - Oct 10 with 1095 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City need reality check on 22:13 - Oct 9 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm preparing for power comrade. We shall have Lohengrin serving s drinks for us on the pollitburo patio with DGT to wipe our feet on lol and Perchrock doing a comedy turn.

Quality

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City need reality check on 21:40 - Oct 10 with 1091 viewsperchrockjack

Made me chuckle that too.

It's squabble free day so I ll leave the barbs to others

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024