Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your first game 21:28 - Oct 9 with 7511 viewsBenJ94

Was talking earlier about our first games watching the swans, according to my old Man, mine was a 4-0 defeat to Kidderminster down the verch, I do vaguely remember the game but I was just a kid at the time, could anyone tell me what year that might have been as the old mans memory escapes him sometimes?
Your first game on 07:15 - Oct 13 with 1889 viewsEdmundo

Your first game on 23:33 - Oct 12 by jack_lord

Robbie missed a penalty in that game and my younger brother cried, I was thinking we are hammering them mun.

I remember when it got to 8, we were chanting 'we want 10' and we could have had it.

Hartlepool were shockingly bad!

I don't think the 'monkey hangers' will ever forget it....nor me👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Your first game on 07:40 - Oct 13 with 1875 viewsSwaneeRiver

Your first game on 01:42 - Oct 13 by ChrisSCFC

First 1 I can recall was a 3-0 against Chester in a play-off semi final. 97' I think?

Was bored as f*ck.

West Ham away in 99' was when I got into it, and I was 8 by then.

Our full back broke his leg in that game after about 20 minutes I think. Sickening and tinged a great evening with sadness.
Cardiff losing their play off the same evening brightened things up a bit when I faced my Cardiff following workmates
Your first game on 07:42 - Oct 13 with 1875 viewsSwaneeRiver

Your first game on 21:09 - Oct 10 by Darran

My first game was Man City home.

In the Premier League ?
Your first game on 08:03 - Oct 13 with 1860 viewsraynor94

September 1965, Leyton Orient at the Vetch, lost 5-2 terrible result, but the start of a love affair still going strong today

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Your first game on 08:28 - Oct 13 with 1849 viewskarnataka

Your first game on 21:44 - Oct 10 by perchrockjack

1957.at molineux.

We lost 5-2.

Suppose most of our experts weren't even a tadpole then

Even before mine, a 1-1 draw with Blackpool in 1959.
Your first game on 10:20 - Oct 13 with 1820 viewsSwaneeRiver

Reading this post is making me feel a lot better. I thought I was old !!!!!!!!!!
Your first game on 23:00 - Oct 13 with 1769 viewsbonymine

Mine was 1975 can't remember who it was nearly relegated to Non League that year re-election after that we just achieved what we deserved every year after that".".....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Your first game on 05:04 - Oct 14 with 1744 viewsforkbeard

3-2 vs Southend in 2002. Lived abroad for a while so never got the chance to go earlier but was worth the wait.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/1820451.stm
Login to get fewer ads

Your first game on 06:23 - Oct 14 with 1735 viewsswan65split

Cup run year 1964,butcant remember who. but can remember Ivors first game back at the Vetch, ....Boy havent hey given us some good,bad, and indifferent feelings,lol
Your first game on 14:35 - Oct 14 with 1690 viewslibertyx

My 1st game was 1948, don't remember a lot about it but was told by my Dad that we beat Bristol Rogers 5-0.
My first away game was Blackburn Rovers 1951, we lost and I will never forget the horrendous overnight train journey
I have been hooked since then through good and bad times and as we know there's
been some really bad and sad occasions
Your first game on 21:17 - Oct 14 with 1647 viewsBloodyhills

September 13th 1980
Swansea Notts County.

Was supposed to be playing for Swansea Rugby Club under 14s but game was called off so went to the Vetch instead. Was first time and was just amazed at walking onto the North Bank and seeing that expanse of green. The ref was knocked out during the match the the guy on the intercom asked if there was a referee in the crowd. Of course the ground was full of refs, but they wanted a proper qualified one who then went on the line the linesman took over reffing. Was hooked after that and never went back to playing rugby.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Your first game on 21:34 - Oct 14 with 1633 viewslonglostjack

My first game at the Vetch was on the East terrace - Wales v N. Ireland with George Best. Hell of a crush getting out I remember. It's about that time I started going to watch the Swans with my uncle when I was up from the Wild West - no idea what the first game was though - I'm sure it'll come back to me with age !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Your first game on 22:47 - Oct 14 with 1598 viewsDaggyjack

League Cup 1980
Arsenal 3 Swansea 1
Your first game on 12:12 - Oct 15 with 1528 viewsMagic_Michu

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Your first game on 12:44 - Oct 15 with 1513 viewsJack_Kass

Game against Reading I think we won 4-2

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Your first game on 13:19 - Oct 15 with 1490 viewsJackanapes

I started watching us when Sweyn Forkbeard was still ruling and the goalposts were 83 miles apart. Those were the days.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Your first game on 14:09 - Oct 15 with 1476 viewsSheffieldjack

My first game was the FA Cup tie against Arsenal on 17th February, 1968. This game holds the record for the Swans’ home attendance at the Vetch, when 32,786 people somehow squeezed themselves into the ground, only to see the Swans go down by the only goal of the match, scored by Bobby Gould. To put the crowd size into perspective, only a month later, under 4,000 watched the home draw with Lincoln City. Swans’ team: John, Roy Evans, Vic Gomersall, Herbie Williams, Brian Purcell, Davis, Humphries, Ivor Allchurch, Keith Todd, Screen, and B Evans. Note that Ivor Allchurch played in both 1950 and 1968! 18 years apart! What a legend.
I still remember the Arsenal fans singing "Goodbye Swansea, goodbye" as they left the ground. I became a hooked Swans fan!
Your first game on 15:31 - Oct 15 with 1464 viewspikeypaul

Seem to remember my father taking me to see QPR in a pre season friendly around 1974

Also upstairs in the double decker against the scum in a night game probably about 1975

One of the 1st I remember going to on my own was Workington winning 4-0 with Curtis scoring a hat trick including a over head kick at the east bank end .

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Your first game on 11:07 - Oct 16 with 1396 viewsyescomeon

2007/08 season Bournemouth at home, lost 2-1. Just moved to Swansea and had recently got into football through playing fifa & football manager. Would play as Swansea as it was the only team I could think to chose that I had any connection to (was born there). Decided I would go down to watch a match as they had real cheap deals on for students then with the uni, was hooked even though we lost. Went to the Yeovil (won the league) and Leyton Orient (first win) games after that. Would go down regular as I could for the rest of my time in Swansea (the Championship days) just get a ticket at the gates when I had the time free to watch a match, those were the days. Still managed to get to a Wembley both times and a few prem games, but nowhere near as regular. Last game I saw live was Blackburn away in the cup last season. Story miles away from some of those on here, a more modern tale perhaps. Wouldn't have caught my old man at a football match, hates it with a passion, hence finding my own way to Swansea City.

Upthecity!

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:46 - Oct 16 with 1385 viewsChief

Friendly v Man Utd sometime in the early 90s. Can't remember much of it but apparently I asked my father who the team in black were (referring to the ref and linesmen).

First away was Wembley v Northampton. Unfortunately I remember more of than game than I'd like to.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2015 13:23]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Your first game on 12:48 - Oct 16 with 1370 viewsDaiTheDrop

Same as Darren. Man City. 1972.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024